Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 708699 times)

OldieButFrenchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4950 on: April 17, 2018, 07:47:42 AM »
Stoked the audition for 2nd guitar player in my newish band went well. Having a 2nd guitar is gonna pretty awesome for our sound.
Not stoked the dude is 27 and it's making me feel...not old but ancient. I'm actually closer to his dad in age. So anyways that's me now. 44 year old bass player still going at it in some rock band.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4951 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:24 AM »
Do you guys exclusively cover the Steve Miller Band

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4952 on: April 17, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
nah we do mostly instrumental post-rock. Or post-hardcore. Or whatever the kids call it these days!!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4953 on: April 17, 2018, 09:16:18 AM »
nah we do mostly instrumental post-rock. Or post-hardcore. Or whatever the kids call it these days!!
  Do you guys 'jam' or is it more structured?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4954 on: April 17, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Do you guys 'jam' or is it more structured?

it's pretty structured. Guitar player and drummer want to play semi-complex experimental stuff (7/8 rythms and so on) so you can't really improvise that shit... Or you have to be much better than we are!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4955 on: April 18, 2018, 05:07:26 AM »
I'm finally graduating tomorrow in something that I can't see myself enjoying/doing for a living. Hooray!
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

calvinsdream

« Reply #4956 on: April 18, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Broke up with a friend a few days ago.
[close]

Go on, give us the deets.
[close]

You guys ever have those friends that are only your friends when it's convenient? Yeah, cut those fuckers out of your life. This is essentially what I did a few days ago. I was going to be low-key about it and just drift of from the friendship but the narcissism is real in her and she noticed I unfollowed her on social media. I guess there's an app for that. She then went on about how much she cares about me and blah blah blah. I was blunt and said I'm not a fan of her or our friendship and told her I'm out.

It felt great. Highly suggest it.

Seconded. It took me a long time to realize it, but friends that are half in half out all the time or really only give a shit about themselves aren't really worth devoting any time to.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4957 on: April 18, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »
I was doing homework last night but my roommate went home last weekend and came back with Skate 3. I didn't finish my homework but it was my first time playing Skate 3 in YEARS.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

bawtawd9

« Reply #4958 on: April 19, 2018, 08:18:32 AM »
11 in the morning and I'm drunk.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4959 on: April 21, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »
I’ve been driving around a lot more recently and finding new spots, but I’ve been feeling pretty burnt out on skating for some reason.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4960 on: April 22, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
I’ve been driving around a lot more recently and finding new spots, but I’ve been feeling pretty burnt out on skating for some reason.

The new spot finding missions are so fun.  If I'm riding my bike or walking my dogs I love checking out random parking lots or parking garages.  I've found some cool stuff that way that no one else knows about.  Also- If you're riding a bike, running, or walking dogs security guards don't tend to see you as a sketchy skateboarder. 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #4961 on: April 22, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The new spot finding missions are so fun.  If I'm riding my bike or walking my dogs I love checking out random parking lots or parking garages.  I've found some cool stuff that way that no one else knows about.  Also- If you're riding a bike, running, or walking dogs security guards don't tend to see you as a sketchy skateboarder.

And no traffic issues!

You sir are Killin it!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4962 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »
+ went for a roll yesterday
+ also hit up the organic markets in the morning
+ met another skate dad who got me mad sparked because the dude is 49 and still ripping
- Jiggers (Japanese Wiggers)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #4963 on: April 22, 2018, 06:20:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And no traffic issues!

You sir are Killin it!
For better or worse I've been getting around on a road bike for over a decade and no traffic issues are the best. When I drove I would a lot of times see a spot, not find any parking cuz of gnarly traffic, drive in a couple circles, get pissed, say fuck it. and just try to convince myself, "That spot just wasn't worth it".

Started riding a bike n noticed it was a lot easier to just ride up to a spot, get the board off the backpack and skate it. Pack some wax n tools and you're good to go. There are also a lot of areas u can get to that aren't accessible by a car like one way streets, alleyways, riverbeds, or bike trails where there are always a bit of spots around.

Drawbacks are it's gonna take twice as much time and energy to get to a spot. Lock your bike n watch it while keepin an eye on your backpack too(common sense). There's been many spots I've been to where I've only had one or a few tries to skate it then get chased out by gangbangers or sketchy bums cuz you're an easy target when you're solo with a good bike, backpack, and skateboard in the middle of nowhere.

Moved here at 22 and got jumped my first time by some gangbanging tweakers at the bank to ledge Rowley noseblunted in Really Sorry. Got a flat tire at that one quarterpipe to wall where Reynolds did the kicky wallride too. Hit it three times then some gangbangers saw me from under the bridge and started running down the bank in my gereral direction. Packed up real quick n rode away on a flat to a park a bit of miles up the road to fix it, afterwards my wheel wasn't in the best condition.

But yeah, I highly recommend riding bikes to skate spots.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4964 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:59 AM »
Had an idea to make my own custom cannabis stash box.

Stoked on that idea. Went and talked to some friends about borrowing a few tools and some scrap wood, success!

I wanted to make one pretty big since I grow alot of weed and have alot of products.

So I get to it and a table I scavenged through me a big curve after I had already assumed I could dismantle it problem free and pre cut a bunch of boards.

Turned out all my pre cuts were 1" too short and I had to switch up plans(shitty), also I forgot to grab a level and a square(shitty)

But I figured out a solution, turned out better than planned originally.

But it took me all fucking day to make one box 16x16x10 with a slide out drawer.

Now it's built, I can't sleep. I just wanna start working on the sanding, inserts, routing and painting/finish.

I'll post a pic when I'm done. It's pretty fuckin epic. Oh I'm gonna do some wood burning work on it too(which is sketchy and if I fuck up I might hurt someone)

All said and done it cost me $28

Bummed how long it's taking (literally 18 hours now, probably 18 more to go)
Gentleman ninja warlock

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4965 on: April 23, 2018, 06:22:16 AM »
It sounds super cool. I'd like to see it when you're all finished.

It will get easier the more you do that stuff too.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4966 on: April 23, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »
It sounds super cool. I'd like to see it when you're all finished.

It will get easier the more you do that stuff too.

It is pretty nice! Shocking part is it's perfectly square and level, shocked at that!

Now that I've done it once though it would honestly take 1/4 of the time.

My back/legs are sore as fuck today. Sucks not having saw horses to work on. I was in pretty poor posture during the whole build.

Today the detail work though. So at least I can work inside, on a chair or standing. Not on my hands and knees lol
Gentleman ninja warlock

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4967 on: April 23, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »
Skated a lot and smoked some hefty spliffs over the weekend but I've been slacking in the homework department

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 786
« Reply #4968 on: April 23, 2018, 08:52:31 AM »
quit school today. bummed on wasting a whole semester, but sooooo happy i don't have to go back to that hellhole. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #4969 on: April 24, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
My birthday is less than two weeks away and it falls on a Saturday (I'm off on weekends); so stoked it's not on a work day. On the eve of my birthday my friends band is going to be playing at one of my favorite bars too, so you best believe I'm going to be partying it up like it's 1999.

Not stoked that I'm going to be two years away from turning 30. Midlife crisis commence, hah.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4970 on: April 24, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »
My birthday is less than two weeks away and it falls on a Saturday (I'm off on weekends); so stoked it's not on a work day. On the eve of my birthday my friends band is going to be playing at one of my favorite bars too, so you best believe I'm going to be partying it up like it's 1999.

Not stoked that I'm going to be two years away from turning 30. Midlife crisis commence, hah.

i turned 30 this year and im stoked on it. im too old too be cool but old enough not to give a shit.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #4971 on: April 26, 2018, 07:10:27 AM »
Pulled the ligaments in my foot and hurts most when immobile so I hot-desked over to the elevated workstations where, it just so happens, the cute girls are.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2608
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4972 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:27 AM »
It made me laugh but it's also wrong, so I guess it goes in here: Keelan Dadd's Twitter handle is Your DADD.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

shark tits

« Reply #4973 on: April 27, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
the kids from my DIY didn't know what an everslick was. i've been skating longer than theyv'e been alive!
[and they're postgrads]

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4974 on: April 29, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »
Fairly sure a girl I started training with in my new job fancies me. It's nice because it's a compliment I guess, but it sucks because 1 - I have a boyfriend 2 - I'm not interested in her in that way, and even if I were I wouldn't date someone I work with 3 - I think a big part of it is she's just lonely, being in a foreign country and stuff. She's a nice girl and she's had a hard time this past year and I don't want to be cruel. It's just a delicate situation and I don't know what to do...

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #4975 on: April 29, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

30 only sounds old. You've got ten whole years before your body goes to shit. Enjoy it.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #4976 on: April 29, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »
Turned in my 2 weeks at work
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4977 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »
My wife and I were asked to be a local "safe house" for domestic violence. Since we are already part of the fire/rescue squad, first responders, first aid, do a monthly soup kitchen for addicts and I also help the subocone treatment program, lol, I said yes.

We got narcan kits etc all over, kids know CPR etc, it's kinda fucked up but we like to help

Anyhow, today I got a call from a local about an arm infection. First thought was "why the fuck is he calling me about an infection? Go see a Dr", then it kicked in, "fuck, I bet it's from meth injection".

Sure enough. I roll up and that's exactly what it is. Says he's afraid to call 911 and I'm the only one he'll listen to. "Well, you've got a wicked staff infection, I'll help you pack and head to the ER". That goes ok. Doods tripping hard though and this infection is fuckin gnarly. Like a baseball sized cyst on his arm.

So im doing my best to keep him calm, he tries to bail twice but I manage to keep him inline.

Get to the hospital and he's freaking, I tell the Dr. Everything he's told me(I'm required to do so) and I know what's next. So I tell him "listen, this is gonna fuckin hurt like hell, so next time your gonna so meth, fuckin remember this"!

He says "ok, please film it for me". Ok, fuck, I'll do it so you can remind yourself how fuckin stupid this is.

So they cut open his arm and it's just fuckin oozes bloody puss like a motherfucker.

Fuck I'm not even sure what my point is? But this guy would have dies within a few days hadn't I taken him in.

What a fucked up situation. I'm glad he's ok though, at least for now

Gentleman ninja warlock

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #4978 on: April 29, 2018, 07:37:44 PM »
Aww man, we don't get to see the video?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal