Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 379494 times)

bawtawd9

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5010 on: April 01, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
My birthday is this month and I thought I was a year older than I was until they told me how old I'm turning.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -404
« Reply #5011 on: April 01, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »
I'm a cook in a steakhouse, and tonight we closed at 9, but we had fuckin' families coming in and ordering shit at like 9:15! 

Which I mean, is cool 'cause I need the hours, but the fucking nerve of those assholes! They even made me miss the liquor store!  Which I guess is cool 'cause I'm better off not drinking.
this is funny
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

shark tits

« Reply #5012 on: April 03, 2018, 04:20:57 PM »
not stoked that someone had to shoot up youtube but stoked it was a woman.  right wingers love it to be an arab guy, left wingers love it to be a lone wolf white dude and i'm happy to see diversity. and toxic feminity.

Johnny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #5013 on: April 06, 2018, 07:30:38 AM »
Stoked that Iím pursuing the CPA license, not stoked by how much studying I have to do, not to mention how long the process will take.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #5014 on: April 06, 2018, 10:45:52 AM »
This happens every time I look for a job.  I got laid off in mid Feb and kind of dicked around until about three weeks ago.  I was getting calls and phone interviews with low ball offers but nothing big. 

Yesterday this guy (owner) calls me for a phone interview.  It goes well.  We meet for coffee with the hiring manager.  This morning I get a call from the HR lady with a job offer, but they need to know ASAP (Like this afternoon) b/c the project's starting soon.  This is a reputable small company (40 or so people) and the money is what I'm looking for.  It's a pretty senior position, but I've gotten burned by small companies before.  Their margins are small, so if they lose a deal, it's last in first out. 

Today I had a call with the recruiting manager from a slightly larger company (250 or so people). It went well and she's passing a positive recommendation along for me.  This company offers much more long term stability and diverse opportunities, but I haven't even had a real interview yet.     

Why do things like this always happen at once? 

bawtawd5

• Rep: 132
« Reply #5015 on: April 06, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »
not stoked that someone had to shoot up youtube but stoked it was a woman.  right wingers love it to be an arab guy, left wingers love it to be a lone wolf white dude and i'm happy to see diversity. and toxic feminity.
I was kinda attracted to the shooter she had some nice eyes but then I watched her videos and the crazy made my balls shrivel into rasiams

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #5016 on: April 06, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
I was kinda attracted to the shooter she had some nice eyes but then I watched her videos and the crazy made my balls shrivel into racist raisons

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • THEY OWE
« Reply #5017 on: April 07, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »
raisins dude, also while i'm at it, indigenous

Hmmmm Nice Bike

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5018 on: April 12, 2018, 03:41:46 PM »
We just got a new dog but our other two dogs started a huge ass fight as soon as he was brought home.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5019 on: April 12, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »
We just got a new dog but our other two dogs started a huge ass fight as soon as he was brought home.

animals are definitely territorial. when we brought home our younger cat when he was a kitten i thought the older one was going to kill him. it was by far the most vicious ive ever seen her act.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #5020 on: April 12, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
Went on a pseudo-friend-date thing with a girl I have talked about earlier on here and it was nice. We went to my job and got free coffee and it just became her unloading her stuff on me and me trying to cheer her on with short excerpts of life. While she says she wants to settle down and thinks I make her feel special and hoe she wants me around often. I don't see it working out. She's alright looking but I can do better.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
« Reply #5021 on: April 15, 2018, 09:05:26 AM »
Broke up with a friend a few days ago.

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #5022 on: April 15, 2018, 09:25:57 AM »

Go on, give us the deets.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
« Reply #5023 on: April 15, 2018, 10:39:14 PM »

You guys ever have those friends that are only your friends when it's convenient? Yeah, cut those fuckers out of your life. This is essentially what I did a few days ago. I was going to be low-key about it and just drift of from the friendship but the narcissism is real in her and she noticed I unfollowed her on social media. I guess there's an app for that. She then went on about how much she cares about me and blah blah blah. I was blunt and said I'm not a fan of her or our friendship and told her I'm out.

It felt great. Highly suggest it.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5024 on: April 16, 2018, 07:37:22 AM »
Visiting Southern California and am simultaneously stoked and a little bummed by how good the random locals at the park have been.

I've seen some really sick skating and am genuinely hyped on the "easy" style that seems more prevalent here - in contrast with what I'll call east coast cannonball style (note: I'm really just talking about transition skating, not street/flatground).

Then I get kind of bummed that our parks back home suck, there are so few of them, are generally designed poorly, crusty as fuck, and unskateable due to weather no less than 1/3 of the year.

Basically just making excuses and being sour. My apologies.

I also wish I could have done this trip in the fall when I generally suck less...

OldieButFrenchie

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5025 on: April 17, 2018, 07:47:42 AM »
Stoked the audition for 2nd guitar player in my newish band went well. Having a 2nd guitar is gonna pretty awesome for our sound.
Not stoked the dude is 27 and it's making me feel...not old but ancient. I'm actually closer to his dad in age. So anyways that's me now. 44 year old bass player still going at it in some rock band.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #5026 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:24 AM »
Do you guys exclusively cover the Steve Miller Band

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

OldieButFrenchie

« Reply #5027 on: April 17, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
nah we do mostly instrumental post-rock. Or post-hardcore. Or whatever the kids call it these days!!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -404
« Reply #5028 on: April 17, 2018, 09:16:18 AM »
nah we do mostly instrumental post-rock. Or post-hardcore. Or whatever the kids call it these days!!
  Do you guys 'jam' or is it more structured?
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

OldieButFrenchie

« Reply #5029 on: April 17, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
  Do you guys 'jam' or is it more structured?

it's pretty structured. Guitar player and drummer want to play semi-complex experimental stuff (7/8 rythms and so on) so you can't really improvise that shit... Or you have to be much better than we are!

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5030 on: April 18, 2018, 05:07:26 AM »
I'm finally graduating tomorrow in something that I can't see myself enjoying/doing for a living. Hooray!

calvinsdream

• Rep: 12
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #5031 on: April 18, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »

You guys ever have those friends that are only your friends when it's convenient? Yeah, cut those fuckers out of your life. This is essentially what I did a few days ago. I was going to be low-key about it and just drift of from the friendship but the narcissism is real in her and she noticed I unfollowed her on social media. I guess there's an app for that. She then went on about how much she cares about me and blah blah blah. I was blunt and said I'm not a fan of her or our friendship and told her I'm out.

It felt great. Highly suggest it.

Seconded. It took me a long time to realize it, but friends that are half in half out all the time or really only give a shit about themselves aren't really worth devoting any time to.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5032 on: April 18, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »
I was doing homework last night but my roommate went home last weekend and came back with Skate 3. I didn't finish my homework but it was my first time playing Skate 3 in YEARS.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

bawtawd9

« Reply #5033 on: April 19, 2018, 08:18:32 AM »
11 in the morning and I'm drunk.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 93
« Reply #5034 on: April 21, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »
Iíve been driving around a lot more recently and finding new spots, but Iíve been feeling pretty burnt out on skating for some reason.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #5035 on: April 22, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
Iíve been driving around a lot more recently and finding new spots, but Iíve been feeling pretty burnt out on skating for some reason.

The new spot finding missions are so fun.  If I'm riding my bike or walking my dogs I love checking out random parking lots or parking garages.  I've found some cool stuff that way that no one else knows about.  Also- If you're riding a bike, running, or walking dogs security guards don't tend to see you as a sketchy skateboarder. 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5036 on: April 22, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »

The new spot finding missions are so fun.  If I'm riding my bike or walking my dogs I love checking out random parking lots or parking garages.  I've found some cool stuff that way that no one else knows about.  Also- If you're riding a bike, running, or walking dogs security guards don't tend to see you as a sketchy skateboarder.

And no traffic issues!

You sir are Killin it!

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -382
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5037 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »
+ went for a roll yesterday
+ also hit up the organic markets in the morning
+ met another skate dad who got me mad sparked because the dude is 49 and still ripping
- Jiggers (Japanese Wiggers)

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5038 on: April 22, 2018, 06:20:07 PM »

And no traffic issues!

You sir are Killin it!
For better or worse I've been getting around on a road bike for over a decade and no traffic issues are the best. When I drove I would a lot of times see a spot, not find any parking cuz of gnarly traffic, drive in a couple circles, get pissed, say fuck it. and just try to convince myself, "That spot just wasn't worth it".

Started riding a bike n noticed it was a lot easier to just ride up to a spot, get the board off the backpack and skate it. Pack some wax n tools and you're good to go. There are also a lot of areas u can get to that aren't accessible by a car like one way streets, alleyways, riverbeds, or bike trails where there are always a bit of spots around.

Drawbacks are it's gonna take twice as much time and energy to get to a spot. Lock your bike n watch it while keepin an eye on your backpack too(common sense). There's been many spots I've been to where I've only had one or a few tries to skate it then get chased out by gangbangers or sketchy bums cuz you're an easy target when you're solo with a good bike, backpack, and skateboard in the middle of nowhere.

Moved here at 22 and got jumped my first time by some gangbanging tweakers at the bank to ledge Rowley noseblunted in Really Sorry. Got a flat tire at that one quarterpipe to wall where Reynolds did the kicky wallride too. Hit it three times then some gangbangers saw me from under the bridge and started running down the bank in my gereral direction. Packed up real quick n rode away on a flat to a park a bit of miles up the road to fix it, afterwards my wheel wasn't in the best condition.

But yeah, I highly recommend riding bikes to skate spots.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5039 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:59 AM »
Had an idea to make my own custom cannabis stash box.

Stoked on that idea. Went and talked to some friends about borrowing a few tools and some scrap wood, success!

I wanted to make one pretty big since I grow alot of weed and have alot of products.

So I get to it and a table I scavenged through me a big curve after I had already assumed I could dismantle it problem free and pre cut a bunch of boards.

Turned out all my pre cuts were 1" too short and I had to switch up plans(shitty), also I forgot to grab a level and a square(shitty)

But I figured out a solution, turned out better than planned originally.

But it took me all fucking day to make one box 16x16x10 with a slide out drawer.

Now it's built, I can't sleep. I just wanna start working on the sanding, inserts, routing and painting/finish.

I'll post a pic when I'm done. It's pretty fuckin epic. Oh I'm gonna do some wood burning work on it too(which is sketchy and if I fuck up I might hurt someone)

All said and done it cost me $28

Bummed how long it's taking (literally 18 hours now, probably 18 more to go)