Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 379784 times)

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5040 on: April 23, 2018, 06:22:16 AM »
It sounds super cool. I'd like to see it when you're all finished.

It will get easier the more you do that stuff too.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #5041 on: April 23, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »
It sounds super cool. I'd like to see it when you're all finished.

It will get easier the more you do that stuff too.

It is pretty nice! Shocking part is it's perfectly square and level, shocked at that!

Now that I've done it once though it would honestly take 1/4 of the time.

My back/legs are sore as fuck today. Sucks not having saw horses to work on. I was in pretty poor posture during the whole build.

Today the detail work though. So at least I can work inside, on a chair or standing. Not on my hands and knees lol

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5042 on: April 23, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »
Skated a lot and smoked some hefty spliffs over the weekend but I've been slacking in the homework department

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #5043 on: April 23, 2018, 08:52:31 AM »
quit school today. bummed on wasting a whole semester, but sooooo happy i don't have to go back to that hellhole. 

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5044 on: April 24, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
My birthday is less than two weeks away and it falls on a Saturday (I'm off on weekends); so stoked it's not on a work day. On the eve of my birthday my friends band is going to be playing at one of my favorite bars too, so you best believe I'm going to be partying it up like it's 1999.

Not stoked that I'm going to be two years away from turning 30. Midlife crisis commence, hah.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5045 on: April 24, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »
My birthday is less than two weeks away and it falls on a Saturday (I'm off on weekends); so stoked it's not on a work day. On the eve of my birthday my friends band is going to be playing at one of my favorite bars too, so you best believe I'm going to be partying it up like it's 1999.

Not stoked that I'm going to be two years away from turning 30. Midlife crisis commence, hah.

i turned 30 this year and im stoked on it. im too old too be cool but old enough not to give a shit.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 47
« Reply #5046 on: April 26, 2018, 07:10:27 AM »
Pulled the ligaments in my foot and hurts most when immobile so I hot-desked over to the elevated workstations where, it just so happens, the cute girls are.
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #5047 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:27 AM »
It made me laugh but it's also wrong, so I guess it goes in here: Keelan Dadd's Twitter handle is Your DADD.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

shark tits

« Reply #5048 on: April 27, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
the kids from my DIY didn't know what an everslick was. i've been skating longer than theyv'e been alive!
[and they're postgrads]

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #5049 on: April 29, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »
Fairly sure a girl I started training with in my new job fancies me. It's nice because it's a compliment I guess, but it sucks because 1 - I have a boyfriend 2 - I'm not interested in her in that way, and even if I were I wouldn't date someone I work with 3 - I think a big part of it is she's just lonely, being in a foreign country and stuff. She's a nice girl and she's had a hard time this past year and I don't want to be cruel. It's just a delicate situation and I don't know what to do...

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5050 on: April 29, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

30 only sounds old. You've got ten whole years before your body goes to shit. Enjoy it.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5051 on: April 29, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »
Turned in my 2 weeks at work
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5052 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »
My wife and I were asked to be a local "safe house" for domestic violence. Since we are already part of the fire/rescue squad, first responders, first aid, do a monthly soup kitchen for addicts and I also help the subocone treatment program, lol, I said yes.

We got narcan kits etc all over, kids know CPR etc, it's kinda fucked up but we like to help

Anyhow, today I got a call from a local about an arm infection. First thought was "why the fuck is he calling me about an infection? Go see a Dr", then it kicked in, "fuck, I bet it's from meth injection".

Sure enough. I roll up and that's exactly what it is. Says he's afraid to call 911 and I'm the only one he'll listen to. "Well, you've got a wicked staff infection, I'll help you pack and head to the ER". That goes ok. Doods tripping hard though and this infection is fuckin gnarly. Like a baseball sized cyst on his arm.

So im doing my best to keep him calm, he tries to bail twice but I manage to keep him inline.

Get to the hospital and he's freaking, I tell the Dr. Everything he's told me(I'm required to do so) and I know what's next. So I tell him "listen, this is gonna fuckin hurt like hell, so next time your gonna so meth, fuckin remember this"!

He says "ok, please film it for me". Ok, fuck, I'll do it so you can remind yourself how fuckin stupid this is.

So they cut open his arm and it's just fuckin oozes bloody puss like a motherfucker.

Fuck I'm not even sure what my point is? But this guy would have dies within a few days hadn't I taken him in.

What a fucked up situation. I'm glad he's ok though, at least for now

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 25
« Reply #5053 on: April 29, 2018, 07:37:44 PM »
Aww man, we don't get to see the video?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5054 on: April 29, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »
Aww man, we don't get to see the video?

Confidentiality, his face is in the video

Sorry/not sorry

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 25
« Reply #5055 on: April 30, 2018, 03:53:10 AM »
Finally got my turntable hooked up to a system but its not running on its track so I gotta take it apart and clean it. From what it sounds like on most forums ive checked out theres something blocking it. Pretty nervous because i've never taken one apart before and I don't wanna fuck it up.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #5056 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34:09 AM »
i went to a summer opening jam contest-like
thing at the local park last weekend. i ended
up winning an ugly cap and a monster sweat
wristband. pretty stoked on landing a switch
flip first try down the three blocks. i got drunk
afterwards lost the cap, sweatband's still here

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #5057 on: May 01, 2018, 02:08:29 PM »
One of my brothers is moving to Germany and getting married there in a few months, and I agreed to be his best man.

I'm happy for my brother (even though I think he's getting married too soon) and it'll be cool to visit Germany, but I am not looking forward to giving a speech, and mostly I'm seriously afraid of flying. I'm seriously looking into doing hypnosis to get over it.
Nancy Drew

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5058 on: May 01, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
One of my brothers is moving to Germany and getting married there in a few months, and I agreed to be his best man.

I'm happy for my brother (even though I think he's getting married too soon) and it'll be cool to visit Germany, but I am not looking forward to giving a speech, and mostly I'm seriously afraid of flying. I'm seriously looking into doing hypnosis to get over it.

That's pretty sick man! I'd be hyped!

Lotsa options for your anxieties

Benzos (if it's really bad), magnesium biclycinate works well and is cheap, phenibut is a good supplement that's acts like a mild benzo and is cheap.

There is always alcohol too, or even gravol helps alot of people with anxiety about flying.

For the speech I'd stick to alcohol since I'm gonna assume alcohol will be involved anyhow, and all the drugs I listed are not good to mix with alcohol other than magnesium. Phenibut is ok too if you only plan on having a few(it will increase the feeling of intoxication though, but 4-6 drinks you'de most likely be fine)

And congrats to your brother!

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #5059 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:24 PM »
Thanks!

I stopped doing Xanax a couple years ago, so I'd rather not take benzos, but might just take some for the flight. Never found phenibut too effective, but haven't tried gravol or biclycinate ever, so I'll look into them. Me being kinda drunk for all this is a given.

Most of the people at the wedding will be my brother's fiancee's family (who are all Russians who have been living in Germany for a couple decades), so I think I'm gonna give most of the speech in German, which will give me an excuse to keep it somewhat short and simple.

Yeah it'll be cool once I'm over there. We're gonna go over to Amsterdam a couple days before the wedding, so that'll be fun.
Nancy Drew

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #5060 on: May 02, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
first sack of the year lets go

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #5061 on: May 02, 2018, 01:18:06 PM »
thereís a teacher strike going on here and i back the teachers .. also the traffic is incredible without any schools in session right now .. but i do feel bad for the students; as a kid itís probably awesome but as an adult looking at the situation, these kids need to be in school .. itís their legal right to an education and these teachers are kinda fucking that up .. idk enough to really understand it i guess

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #5062 on: May 03, 2018, 03:05:28 AM »
Went to my first, "New parenting" class at our local hospital yesterday.  It was pretty cool.  Seven or eight couples and one nurse sitting around in a circle just talking about being new parents and challenges we're dealing with. 

In the middle this super hot chick just whips out her tits and starts breastfeeding.  Stoked on seeing new tits, but the breastfeeding was weird. 

Jollyoli

« Reply #5063 on: May 03, 2018, 04:15:45 AM »
Went to my first, "New parenting" class at our local hospital yesterday.  It was pretty cool.  Seven or eight couples and one nurse sitting around in a circle just talking about being new parents and challenges we're dealing with. 

In the middle this super hot chick just whips out her tits and starts breastfeeding.  Stoked on seeing new tits, but the breastfeeding was weird.

The de-sexualisation of the breast is the second worst thing about becoming a new parent.
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai.

schralp pal

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5064 on: May 03, 2018, 12:48:38 PM »

The de-sexualisation of the breast is the second worst thing about becoming a new parent.

Tough sometimes that the nipple will never look the same again

MC3

• Rep: 51
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #5065 on: May 04, 2018, 11:02:59 AM »
I really didn't need to spend the money on a deck right now but damn I'm bummed the Max Palmer decks sold out in the size I wanted, and idk a shop near me that stocks 917

zzz

« Reply #5066 on: May 04, 2018, 11:11:26 PM »
So I been doin some tai chi lately, and everytime I breath out I get tingles in my spine, which feels good, but it shouldn't feel that good to just breath so I get worried that somethings wrong with me and I'm dying.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5067 on: May 05, 2018, 06:05:18 AM »
So I been doin some tai chi lately, and everytime I breath out I get tingles in my spine, which feels good, but it shouldn't feel that good to just breath so I get worried that somethings wrong with me and I'm dying.

Paging Dr. Bawtawd5...

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #5068 on: May 05, 2018, 07:40:24 AM »
Maybe something is finally right with you

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #5069 on: May 05, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »

when i was drinking a lot, i used to get these phantom numbing tingling sensations .. it started in my fingertips and then moved to my back and sides .. scary stuff thatís probably your bodyís nervous system all confused .. stop fuckin around senor and youíll go back to normal .. or donít; itís your life to live