Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709323 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5070 on: June 14, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got done with a 90 minute flatground sesh in front of my parent's house. I'm trying really hard to get kickflips down to consistency but I only landed a couple that were ugly, mobbed, and not caught at all. Plus I keep fucking destroying my shins to boot. On the plus side though I'm finally getting back 180s down.
[close]
A little bit of advice I can give you is to make sure your shoulders are squared up to the nose and tail, but more importantly concentrate on where your eyes and mind are focused. It's different for everyone but I like to focus on my back foot, not necessarily looking directly at it but emphasising my brain to it. Once I do this my front foot instinctively flicks and the lift/catch/compress and roll away all falls into place.
[close]

the shoulder part is spot on. your upper body shouldnt be moving at all and should be parallel with the board the whole time. i focus on my backfoot too, but i have to tell myself to only move it straight up after i pop because i tend to turn them backside. i also have to tell myself to jump STRAIGHT UP. not to the side, not with a spin, straight up. lift those legs and let it flip. the front foot is the easiest part of the trick, its not doing anything to fuck that flip up thats the hard part.

also, they're easier than you think. tell yourself that. tell yourself that you will land it and then land it. if you dont think you can, you wont. 
That's exactly what I mean about focusing on the back foot. Getting it up and out of the way is key. The rest just falls into place.
^this, and don't put your front foot on the edge of your board, more in the middle below the front bolts, and pop it like a ollie
This takes a little practice and I still angle the front foot more than an ollie. When your in the flow though you can get them a little more Wray. I also like a little flick down rather than out and up. The board still rises after the flick but is less likely to mob or rocket and you can hear the catch.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5071 on: June 16, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »
the rarest of rare days here in the middle of summer: 76 degrees and cloudy .. it’s fucking beautiful .. but my backs jacked up so im a pile on the couch
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5072 on: June 16, 2018, 11:37:26 AM »
Went street skating today. Jacked my knee on some curb cut gap. I think I should see a doctor for this one.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #5073 on: June 17, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »
I've been working for the family business since I was 15 and tomorrow at the age of 26 I'm finally gonna be working somewhere else. I'm excited but kinda nervous at the same time as well. I mean, I'm a really hard worker but I just hope I don't have too much trouble adjusting to my new job.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5074 on: June 17, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
Im going through the exact same thing, this time last week i was told the place i work out is being closed down and bulldozed, today i confirmed a new job i had previously knocked back a few times, they were persistent and improved the offer. Its all weekend work but im looking forward to some midweek skating now

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #5075 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
Im going through the exact same thing, this time last week i was told the place i work out is being closed down and bulldozed, today i confirmed a new job i had previously knocked back a few times, they were persistent and improved the offer. Its all weekend work but im looking forward to some midweek skating now

Good luck.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5076 on: June 17, 2018, 09:17:58 PM »
You too man, im sure its gonna go fine for you

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5077 on: June 18, 2018, 05:34:23 AM »
I want to go to space but I don’t want to go to jail and be excluded from future federal employment.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ariocarpus&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1312.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xlo.TRS1&_nkw=lophophora&_sacat=0
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #5078 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
I had that thing where you wake up but can't move 3 times in a row, I realized that shits just a type of dream you ain't really awake. Maybe somethin inbeetween.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5079 on: June 18, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
I had that thing where you wake up but can't move 3 times in a row, I realized that shits just a type of dream you ain't really awake. Maybe somethin inbeetween.
No you are awake, not dreaming.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #5080 on: June 18, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah but I thought people were in my room on one but they weren't, that's why I'm thinking its some in between thing.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5081 on: June 18, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »
hitting 41 yo next sunday, but it's cool no signs of aging except some white hairs here and there, and exploding shins haha
the pop, the will to learn new tricks and the prudence are still there

shark tits

« Reply #5082 on: June 18, 2018, 11:37:19 AM »
hitting 41 yo next sunday, but it's cool no signs of aging except some white hairs here and there, and exploding shins haha
hell yeah snake!
i'm 41 and learning new tricks like i was in high school.
every time you mention the 100 pushups a day it stokes me out. me and bruh man have been trying to do pull ups whenever we see scaffolding too [few X a wk].
i'm at 11 right now, pretty consistently.
i wish my hair would turn white.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5083 on: June 18, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah but I thought people were in my room on one but they weren't, that's why I'm thinking its some in between thing.

yeah, ive had it before where i saw this crazy ghost thing and it screamed in my face. its scary. its like dreaming with your eyes open and you cant make it stop.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5084 on: June 18, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hell yeah snake!
every time you mention the 100 pushups a day it stokes me out. me and bruh man have been trying to do pull ups whenever we see scaffolding too [few X a wk].
amazing, i'm still doing the 100 pushups a day (with a recovery day a week when pain hits) and i just added pull-ups too, totally complementary and gets you animal-shaped (in the good way, as nature constructed you),love to see vids of sessions of you two, bruhman is a beast and your increase in level and comfort surprised me !
thanks again sharktits man !

edit : 11 pull-ups ? I make 10 series, tomorrow i'll try to see how much I can do in a raw, you created a monster haha
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:54:37 AM by the snake »

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5085 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hell yeah snake!
[close]
amazing, i'm still doing the 100 pushups a day (with a recovery day a week when pain hits) and i just added pull-ups too, totally complementary and gets you animal-shaped (in the good way, as nature constructed you),love to see vids of sessions of you two, bruhman is a beast and your increase in level and comfort surprised me !

edit : 11 pull-ups ? I make 10 series, tomorrow i'll try to see how much I can do in a raw, you created a monster haha

Bout to put up some numbers this summer hahaha sick. I'm trailing around 8 or 9 right now, hoping to hit double digits like you guys by the end of summer lol.

shark tits

« Reply #5086 on: June 19, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hell yeah snake!
[close]

[close]

Bout to put up some numbers this summer hahaha sick. I'm trailing around 8 or 9 right now, hoping to hit double digits like you guys by the end of summer lol.
you're double digits soon. you called 15 by summer's end but we got that. go up 1 a wk, easy peasy.
we just gotta remember to look for scaffolding when we're out. boston is ill for pullups, spots everywhere.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #5087 on: June 23, 2018, 01:50:44 AM »
you guys got my hyped to get fit. got myself a pullup bar last week. them shits is hard haha i max out at 3! gonna keep tryin though. will be stoked when i get ten

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5088 on: June 23, 2018, 11:41:20 AM »
Doing push ups really helps with your pull-ups. And don't cheat yourself, straighten your arms out completely on every rep.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shark tits

« Reply #5089 on: June 23, 2018, 01:35:28 PM »
a pull up bar makes a little bit of difference vs doing em on scaffolding. i'm still cheating myself [like i knew i would] but halfassed albeit, i'm at 12 the real way, 11 the underhanded way and 11 the side arm way.
hash slasher lives in my neighborhood and has a pullup bar, i've got it in the last 2 days.
i wonder if weck has subliminally inspired everyone to get diesel?

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #5090 on: June 24, 2018, 11:18:36 AM »
Doing push ups really helps with your pull-ups. And don't cheat yourself, straighten your arms out completely on every rep.

Great, thanks for the tip bud! I try to do them as legit as possible every time.. cant be havin no mobbed pull ups right?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #5091 on: June 24, 2018, 04:04:38 PM »
currently stuck on a two-week holiday in Mexico with my schizophrenic ex. stoked on the holiday in Mexico part, not so much on the ex. long fucked-up story, no questions asked; now only hoping that I eventually make it through this tragic in one piece.

shark tits

« Reply #5092 on: June 24, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »
currently stuck on a two-week holiday in Mexico with my schizophrenic ex. stoked on the holiday in Mexico part, not so much on the ex. long fucked-up story, no questions asked; now only hoping that I eventually make it through this tragic in one piece.
damn silhouette, enjoy mexico!
come to the states next time.
[edit]
stoked, my ex offered to get me a hooker if i take pictures
not stoked, she gets to pick. i want a puerto rican girl in her 20s or so who smokes newports and calls me papi.
she's going 'nah, i'm thinking more 50s white woman, pretty.'
i'm like there's tons of pretty 50 yr old hookers...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:05:57 AM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5093 on: June 25, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »
I7ve been doing a 100 pushups in 10 min once a week in amongst my gym sessions/ martial arts training but you guys are beasts.
Will have to get on that shit...

+ 4 hours of tattooing yesterday
- feels like I had 4 hours of tattooing yesterday ... not looking forward to the scabbing// itchiness

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #5094 on: June 25, 2018, 09:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I should come to the States, or really just go anywhere else than right here, right now. the situation is just unbearable; in addition to not being able to enjoy this otherwise more than welcome holiday for shit, I literally feel like killing myself multiple times a day. getting into this was so fucking stupid. self-destructive romantic my ass. if I make it out of this alive and sane, I'll be such a fucking warrior from then on.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5095 on: June 26, 2018, 06:35:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
[edit]
not stoked, she gets to pick. i want a puerto rican girl in her 20s or so who smokes newports and calls me papi.

Damn cuz. What's motivating this offer?

shark tits

« Reply #5096 on: June 26, 2018, 06:43:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[edit]
[close]

Damn cuz. What's motivating this offer?
idk, i guess it's halfassed calling my bluff cause she don't think i'm balls enough for a hooker [i'm always seeing them at my plaza and never get one] and halfassed jealousy is her kink.
and it's safe to be jealous of a sex act while not worried anyone will elope w/ a hooker.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5097 on: June 26, 2018, 06:49:30 AM »
I had an ex offer to rent me a hooker in Amsterdam but she was more into it than I was then got all pissy that I wasn't into it. Like a fool I said I'd be more into it if it wasn't a sex worker and that sent her stratospheric that I was seeing people behind her back and lining the next option up for when I dumped her, etc.

Whatever the motivation be careful. It's 4d chess out there.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5098 on: June 26, 2018, 06:58:49 AM »
don't do too much pull-ups in a raw, you'll wake up with a broken body next morning
just made 15  ;D (on a roof)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:02:43 AM by the snake »

shark tits

« Reply #5099 on: June 26, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
damn, snake takes the cake!
i gotta go to hash slasher's and get it in, i'm laggin'.
that's awesome, wanna shoot for 20 by end of summer?