Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709337 times)

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5100 on: June 26, 2018, 07:04:16 AM »
damn, snake takes the cake!
i gotta go to hash slasher's and get it in, i'm laggin'.
that's awesome, wanna shoot for 20 by end of summer?
GANG !
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:23:25 AM by the snake »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #5101 on: June 27, 2018, 05:58:25 AM »
update on my situation (for those who care): I've managed to totally flip it upside down, somehow. we're pretty much having sex all day now, more than during our best years together, it's insane (and obviously makes this trip so much better). never underestimate how fierce competitiveness between women can be, if you have an ex who's still into you despite 'having moved on'. mine had been neglecting me for years only to recently start seeing other dudes (that was our breaking point actually); only thing I did to win her favors back was mentioning how I had recently met (really just met, and briefly talked to) another girl myself who's younger, cooler and 'maybe' more attractive (when in reality both of them are 10's in my book) and I'd be tempted to get to know her more. I guess something clicked there for my ex and holy shit has she been turning into a wild beast, I can barely believe it myself. rest of the trip is going to be great (and we both know we'll still be parting ways after, so no real sense of responsibility on either end), needless to say I won't be posting much. 'things I'm stoked on', yeah.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 06:01:32 AM by silhouette »

shark tits

« Reply #5102 on: June 27, 2018, 06:06:46 AM »
bad ass silhouette!
that all sounds dope.
stoked i hung out w/ my best friend yesterday, he doesn't have the legs to skate anymore and i don't have the nerve to drink anymore so we don't see each other very often but i showed him my garden and i'm kinda turning into his late grandfather [killing squirrels, catching rainwater, etc].
not stoked, one of his dogs ran away so he's fucked up over that.
wish we were still 20s.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5103 on: June 27, 2018, 10:21:38 AM »
update on my situation (for those who care): I've managed to totally flip it upside down, somehow. we're pretty much having sex all day now, more than during our best years together, it's insane (and obviously makes this trip so much better). never underestimate how fierce competitiveness between women can be, if you have an ex who's still into you despite 'having moved on'. mine had been neglecting me for years only to recently start seeing other dudes (that was our breaking point actually); only thing I did to win her favors back was mentioning how I had recently met (really just met, and briefly talked to) another girl myself who's younger, cooler and 'maybe' more attractive (when in reality both of them are 10's in my book) and I'd be tempted to get to know her more. I guess something clicked there for my ex and holy shit has she been turning into a wild beast, I can barely believe it myself. rest of the trip is going to be great (and we both know we'll still be parting ways after, so no real sense of responsibility on either end), needless to say I won't be posting much. 'things I'm stoked on', yeah.
Promise me you'll ghost on her immediately when your holiday finishes.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5104 on: June 27, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Promise us all

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5105 on: June 27, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
or just part ways but keep having wild sex together^^

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5106 on: June 27, 2018, 11:28:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hitting 41 yo next sunday, but it's cool no signs of aging except some white hairs here and there, and exploding shins haha
the pop, the will to learn new tricks and the prudence are still there
[close]
hell yeah snake!
i'm 41 and learning new tricks like i was in high school.
every time you mention the 100 pushups a day it stokes me out. me and bruh man have been trying to do pull ups whenever we see scaffolding too [few X a wk].
i'm at 11 right now, pretty consistently.
i wish my hair would turn white.
[close]
amazing, i'm still doing the 100 pushups a day (with a recovery day a week when pain hits) and i just added pull-ups too, totally complementary and gets you animal-shaped (in the good way, as nature constructed you),love to see vids of sessions of you two, bruhman is a beast and your increase in level and comfort surprised me !
thanks again sharktits man !

edit : 11 pull-ups ? I make 10 series, tomorrow i'll try to see how much I can do in a raw, you created a monster haha
[close]

Bout to put up some numbers this summer hahaha sick. I'm trailing around 8 or 9 right now, hoping to hit double digits like you guys by the end of summer lol.
I'm a thin light motherfucker, 65 kg, it's easier, like a taller ant doing pull-ups haha

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5107 on: June 27, 2018, 11:49:59 PM »
My friend quit his job today and learned/landed fs half cab noseslides in a few tries, unfortunately I didn't see or film it (wasn't paying attention when he was starting to throw it out).

I'm a thin light motherfucker, 65 kg, it's easier, like a taller ant doing pull-ups haha
lol true, gonna grab a bar this payday and see what's good.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:59:40 PM by Bruh Man »

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5108 on: June 27, 2018, 11:55:15 PM »
I'm going to be a schoolteacher. Wish me luck, folks!
Sick, congrats! Kinda wish I went that route sometimes.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #5109 on: June 28, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »
Realizing I'm probably not gonna get my security deposit back, but I'm out of here in a couple days. Eat my dick Nancy you bitch that faucet was busted before i moved in and you know it

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #5110 on: June 28, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
Weed is going to be legal in Canada (where I live) soon, apparently. That's a good thing. People shouldn't get in trouble for using or selling weed. Stoked. But I've had a prescription for years, so that doesn't affect me. Oh wait, the dickheads in charge want to raise taxes on medicinal users as well. Not stoked.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5111 on: June 30, 2018, 08:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Promise us all

I honestly can't tell whether you guys are genuinely concerned about me (really appreciate it if you are) or making light of the situation (probably a bit of both - this is SLAP). But in case you really want to know, that will qualify as 'ghosting on her' less than it will as running for my dear life. Three days of almost non-stop sex in, here she was already talking marriage (and trying to get me to buy her more of those expensive Repetto's), all the while the both of us knowing she's leaving on a two-week camping trip with her new dude (also a schizophrenic she met at the day clinic she goes to; 39, no job, still lives at his parents', socially inept and irresponsible) as soon as we get back.

We broke up fairly recently (after she started sleeping with that dude, showing no will to ever stop and actually blaming me for caring so much about what is a completely normal everyday situation isn't it?), but she still lives at my place and only shows weak signs of willing to leave. She's not on the lease so technically I could kick her out anytime and she'd become that other dude's problem but in reality I can't see myself doing that because of her mental condition; that is no excuse for me suffering, but a lot of this she hasn't been asking for and stems from her cognitive handicap so I'm trying to be a responsible adult about this and in the meantime we're sleeping in separate bedrooms like the mere flatmates we now are. This Mexico trip we had booked together six months in advance, investing thousands in flights, hotels and tours with no return policies; after I learned about her affairs just prior to leaving, for a while I considered ditching everything till the very last minute (literally two hours before having to see her leave by herself) when I eventually thought 'ah, fuck it'.

I've known that person for eight years before her schizophrenia broke out, experienced living through one another with her for the best and worst (from taking her around the world to rescuing her from suicide attempts countless times), and seen her gradually sink down that spiral; for years I've tried to be there for her, sacrificed many relationships and career opportunities and generally invested a lot of myself into trying to make this work against all odds. Unfortunately I couldn't save it; now it's become absolutely unbearable for the both of us and I've got to walk away from it in the name of self-respect, if not basic sanity. I'm strong, I'll make it and I have no regrets but yeah, of course I'm disappointed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:35:25 AM by silhouette »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5112 on: June 30, 2018, 08:21:40 AM »
Well when you know the rest of the details I can see that our remarks may have come of flippant however it s still my belief that you need to make a break from her. It's all good to be there for someone but eventually you have to make a choice of her sanity or yours because she doesn't sound like she has your interests at heart regardless of her diminished capacity for rational thinking.

Good luck man.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5113 on: June 30, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
Thanks man, yeah that's exactly where I'm at now, I've figured. I'll make it, I'm not worried. Much appreciated.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #5114 on: July 01, 2018, 12:48:26 AM »
Good luck and stay strong silhouette!

Stoked my ex is moving out and now I will have all this extra room for activities! I make me a little work space to do my arts and crafts.

Not stoked, no breakup sex at all though maybe it's a good thing.. This place is a bit too expensive for me but I like the place and don't want move. Also feeling a bit lonely but everything will work out.

So 50/50 on life for now.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5115 on: July 01, 2018, 08:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Promise us all
[close]

I honestly can't tell whether you guys are genuinely concerned about me (really appreciate it if you are) or making light of the situation (probably a bit of both - this is SLAP). But in case you really want to know, that will qualify as 'ghosting on her' less than it will as running for my dear life. Three days of almost non-stop sex in, here she was already talking marriage (and trying to get me to buy her more of those expensive Repetto's), all the while the both of us knowing she's leaving on a two-week camping trip with her new dude (also a schizophrenic she met at the day clinic she goes to; 39, no job, still lives at his parents', socially inept and irresponsible) as soon as we get back.

We broke up fairly recently (after she started sleeping with that dude, showing no will to ever stop and actually blaming me for caring so much about what is a completely normal everyday situation isn't it?), but she still lives at my place and only shows weak signs of willing to leave. She's not on the lease so technically I could kick her out anytime and she'd become that other dude's problem but in reality I can't see myself doing that because of her mental condition; that is no excuse for me suffering, but a lot of this she hasn't been asking for and stems from her cognitive handicap so I'm trying to be a responsible adult about this and in the meantime we're sleeping in separate bedrooms like the mere flatmates we now are. This Mexico trip we had booked together six months in advance, investing thousands in flights, hotels and tours with no return policies; after I learned about her affairs just prior to leaving, for a while I considered ditching everything till the very last minute (literally two hours before having to see her leave by herself) when I eventually thought 'ah, fuck it'.

I've known that person for eight years before her schizophrenia broke out, experienced living through one another with her for the best and worst (from taking her around the world to rescuing her from suicide attempts countless times), and seen her gradually sink down that spiral; for years I've tried to be there for her, sacrificed many relationships and career opportunities and generally invested a lot of myself into trying to make this work against all odds. Unfortunately I couldn't save it; now it's become absolutely unbearable for the both of us and I've got to walk away from it in the name of self-respect, if not basic sanity. I'm strong, I'll make it and I have no regrets but yeah, of course I'm disappointed.
Of course I've always respected your skating, but as someone who supports people with similar diagnoses for a living, I gotta give you mad props for your efforts and sacrifices over the years to try and be there for her. Slap's rad.

Not stoked I kinda rolled my ankle yesterday, stoked I had already taken a step so the roll wasn't me coming down full force on it. Prolly be out for a week at most hopefully.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5116 on: July 02, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »
thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Mystical Leader I wish I were at your stage already; first thing I'll do as soon as mine moves out will be turning the empty space into an art studio too. I've always wanted that kind of space, but she's always invaded everything with her own stuff (even a few years back after we moved into a bigger apartment with an extra room specifically for that reason, ha). Never count on break-up sex too much, if anything use the extra frustration as a boost to move on and clear your head even quicker!

Bruh Man that is a very honorable profession to have. I'd be interested in knowing what you do exactly; never hesitate to DM if you feel like chit chatting about it. to be fair about my relationship, it hasn't all been suffering and I think I've actually greatly benefited from the experience as a person; it's taught me a lot about empathy and broadened my perspective on many subjects. basically taught me not to be an egoistical, conceited piece of shit except on here occasionally when I'll write such paragraphs about myself, it's the only place I'll do it (and even then I'll be concerned about taking up space). wishing you a quick recovery; ice and raise that shit!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:29:42 AM by silhouette »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5117 on: July 03, 2018, 02:52:52 AM »
well since we're on the subject of relationship trouble........
My marriage has been wobbly as fuck for 6 months. My significant other lost her mom abruptly and that has sent her in real bad spiral. My behavior has not always been up to par to help her in this, but she is also extremely difficult to deal with since then.

So:
stoked I'm not divorced yet.
Not stoked we are going through a real rough patch. Worst we ever had.

We have 2 kids and that changes everything I feel. If we didn't we probably would have split up already. No idea why I'm writing this here but you guys' situation inspired me to share my own I guess.
Good luck to all!

Yu Dum

« Reply #5118 on: July 03, 2018, 04:03:37 AM »
Woke up about 15 minutes before my alarm went off, but only to go shit my brains out.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5119 on: July 03, 2018, 05:48:50 AM »
Courage oldie, hang in there !

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5120 on: July 03, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
thanks!! appreciated    :D

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5121 on: July 03, 2018, 07:42:34 AM »
yeah Frenchie, best wishes. courage mec, accroche-toi, ça va le faire !

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #5122 on: July 03, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
starting a new job next thursday.

ankle is still fucked, this friday will make it a month since i've done anything other than push around. i wish this shit would heal faster.
even the steven

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #5123 on: July 03, 2018, 10:39:22 AM »
Some crazy shit in here...

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5124 on: July 03, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »
thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Mystical Leader I wish I were at your stage already; first thing I'll do as soon as mine moves out will be turning the empty space into an art studio too. I've always wanted that kind of space, but she's always invaded everything with her own stuff (even a few years back after we moved into a bigger apartment with an extra room specifically for that reason, ha). Never count on break-up sex too much, if anything use the extra frustration as a boost to move on and clear your head even quicker!

Bruh Man that is a very honorable profession to have. I'd be interested in knowing what you do exactly; never hesitate to DM if you feel like chit chatting about it. to be fair about my relationship, it hasn't all been suffering and I think I've actually greatly benefited from the experience as a person; it's taught me a lot about empathy and broadened my perspective on many subjects. basically taught me not to be an egoistical, conceited piece of shit except on here occasionally when I'll write such paragraphs about myself, it's the only place I'll do it (and even then I'll be concerned about taking up space). wishing you a quick recovery; ice and raise that shit!
Thanks! Walking around on it today, hoping to at least ride around with an old friend tomorrow.

Although my experience comes from work, I gotta echo your sentiments about growing and learning so much from it all! So much self-reflection.

No conceit at all, you keep it mad humble for sure!

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5125 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »
My marriage has been wobbly as fuck for 6 months. My significant other lost her mom abruptly and that has sent her in real bad spiral. My behavior has not always been up to par to help her in this, but she is also extremely difficult to deal with since then.

So:

We have 2 kids and that changes everything I feel. If we didn't we probably would have split up already. No idea why I'm writing this here but you guys' situation inspired me to share my own I guess.
Good luck to all!
Way easier to sympathize through a phone screen than live through what you're living no doubt, but at the very least, you've acknowledged you're not perfect and maybe this worst patch will be a testament to the strength of your relationship in the end.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5126 on: July 03, 2018, 03:36:14 PM »

So:

Good luck to all!
Go talk to someone as a couple. My wife and I had some seriously critical issues with our relationship a couple of years ago. Talking to a third, objective party about our issues and how to communicate them, is the only way we made it through. That said, you both have to be prepared to talk about shit you may not feel comfortable with, listen to things you don't want to hear, and be open to making adjustments in how you define your relationship.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5127 on: July 04, 2018, 02:09:09 AM »
Expand Quote

So:

Good luck to all!
[close]
Go talk to someone as a couple. My wife and I had some seriously critical issues with our relationship a couple of years ago. Talking to a third, objective party about our issues and how to communicate them, is the only way we made it through. That said, you both have to be prepared to talk about shit you may not feel comfortable with, listen to things you don't want to hear, and be open to making adjustments in how you define your relationship.

thanks for the advice. We've actually mentioned that possibility already. The problem is nothing can really happen before she gets over the grief of losing her mother.....

And thanks to all for the encouragement. Yeah I definitely know I'm far from perfect, I fucked up on a lot of shit.
But the fact is also noone can fill the voidd left by her mom.
we've been together 19 years......damn it's tough being a grown-up.

Pigeon

« Reply #5128 on: July 04, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »
no plans for July 4...going to skate, read, and play the South Park game.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5129 on: July 08, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »
- it's still rainy season so it's been too wet to skate
+ took my son to the undercover DIY spot yesterday though so we could dust off the cobwebs

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year