Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 382160 times)

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5250 on: July 31, 2018, 12:29:39 PM »
can you ollie over the trunk?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #5251 on: July 31, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »

behavioralguide

• Rep: 102
  • dog stuff
« Reply #5252 on: July 31, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
shouldda turned the image like

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5253 on: July 31, 2018, 02:37:31 PM »
in hindsight, i shoulda laid on the tree with my feet on the grass and taken the picture sideways .. tree is now in a giant pile in the neighbors yard .. firewood for life .. but who needs firewood in arizona

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #5254 on: July 31, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
Learn how to rotate a picture guys jesus

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

behavioralguide

• Rep: 102
  • dog stuff
« Reply #5255 on: July 31, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5256 on: July 31, 2018, 05:43:15 PM »
i can probably ollie that jb

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5257 on: August 01, 2018, 09:12:17 AM »
Has any of you worked as engineer in the UK, not studying there? I canít seem to find shit maybe I should do another master here? Bar back pays the bills but still.. cheers

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5258 on: August 01, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
Has any of you worked as engineer in the UK, not studying there? I canít seem to find shit maybe I should do another master here? Bar back pays the bills but still.. cheers

you cant find anything because nobody's hiring, or because nobody will hire you without a masters?

i dont know what the job market is like over there, but engineering jobs seem very in demand where im at in the states. i work pretty closely with the engineering school at the university i work for and there are undergrad students walking into "internships" that pay more than what i currently make. makes me feel like a retard for not trying harder in school.

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5259 on: August 01, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
I already have a 2 years master. The UK one might get me a foot in the door I donít know. Letís hope and wait.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5260 on: August 01, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »
shouldda turned the image like

Proof of the flat earth.

poorlatino

• Rep: 37
« Reply #5261 on: August 02, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »
Got to leave work early today..

That's because the supervisors brother had a seizure while roofing and fell off. All bad.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #5262 on: August 03, 2018, 12:17:04 AM »
Jeez thats gotta be a scary thing to witness

poorlatino

• Rep: 37
« Reply #5263 on: August 03, 2018, 10:53:24 AM »
Yeah it was. Seizures are always terrifying..especially watching one.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5264 on: August 07, 2018, 05:23:48 PM »
Took the day off from work because I had diharrea earlier, it felt pretty bad, but literally like an hour after I called in I had one more bathroom trip and then it went away; I could've totally just roughed it out and went to work. This is the first day I've called out in so long; I dunno why but I feel almost kinda guilty for not going.
But, because it's a day off, I'm taking advantage of it; gonna go watch some skate vids at a friends house soon, get Chinese food with my mom and my brother, hang out with an old friend who i haven't seen in months, and then hopefully squeeze in a late night skate sesh to top the day off.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5265 on: August 07, 2018, 07:37:18 PM »
Went out to vote in the primaries today so I could vote against giving the local police and fire department an additional 2 million in new tax dollars so they can write more traffic tickets. I'm pissed that it passed because they don't need any more money.

I did get to vote for a guy named Dick Long though, so that was a hilarious surprise. Easiest decision I've ever made.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -88
« Reply #5266 on: August 07, 2018, 08:17:01 PM »
Got a male monkey medicine plant.

Pissed of but now I can collect pollen and create a new strain

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5267 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:08 AM »
Took the day off from work because I had diharrea earlier, it felt pretty bad, but literally like an hour after I called in I had one more bathroom trip and then it went away; I could've totally just roughed it out and went to work. This is the first day I've called out in so long; I dunno why but I feel almost kinda guilty for not going.
But, because it's a day off, I'm taking advantage of it; gonna go watch some skate vids at a friends house soon, get Chinese food with my mom and my brother, hang out with an old friend who i haven't seen in months, and then hopefully squeeze in a late night skate sesh to top the day off.
I always feel guilt about taking a sick day even if I'm completely unfit to leave the house. I know it was passed down by my parents and their working class sensibilities. I didn't give a shit when I skipped school but missing out in money is difficult.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5268 on: August 08, 2018, 06:02:26 AM »
I always feel guilt about taking a sick day even if I'm completely unfit to leave the house. I know it was passed down by my parents and their working class sensibilities. I didn't give a shit when I skipped school but missing out in money is difficult.

NEVER feel guilty for taking time off from a job. They are a business and they would put you on the street if they had to. I get regretting not making the money but don't feel personally bad like you disappointed a friend. Don't fall for the devil's tricks.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5269 on: August 08, 2018, 06:21:29 AM »

NEVER feel guilty for taking time off from a job. They are a business and they would put you on the street if they had to. I get regretting not making the money but don't feel personally bad like you disappointed a friend. Don't fall for the devil's tricks.

Agree 100%. Plus, I have more work to do thats more important at home anyway. I'm thankful for my job, but it sucks that I waste so much of my time there and when I get home I don't want to do the things I need to do around the house.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #5270 on: August 17, 2018, 08:10:36 AM »
I'm kina stoked that i'm a cyborg but still not stoked on breaking it. also being off work for 6 weeks blows and i'm only half way...

dallou

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5271 on: August 20, 2018, 02:30:17 AM »
I think the girl I am seeing a bit wants to break things off, I really really like her so it's a huge bummer.
Tho a girl I always wanted to fuck, but our relationship schedule never allowed it, comes back to my town soon.
Hey I make music sometimes https://soundcloud.com/noise-not-songs

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5272 on: August 22, 2018, 10:54:17 AM »
sometimes in my line of work, you come across a real dumb mother fucker .. like how are you so fucking dumb man ..

stoked im not him but not stoked i have to actually look into his eyes and speak knowing that all he hears is charlie browns teacher

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5273 on: August 23, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »
Rode my bike past some Christian Fundamentalists who were yelling "Whore" and "slut" and shit like that at women walking by so I felt compelled to yell "Hail Satan!" back their way.

They then started yelling "Loser!" at me.

I was actually pretty stoked on the interaction, just not stoked those asshats exist.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5274 on: August 26, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »
Stoked I met a paperwork deadline today and the residents at the group home were happy to see me on a Sunday (usually work M-F), not stoked I had to work 8am to 10pm lol.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -111
« Reply #5275 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »
nextdoor neighbor's house got driveby'd. fucking idiots can't shoot right and also hit another house so i'll have to inspect mine in the AM. hope we didn't receive shrapnel.
stoked, i like chaos and anything that keeps yuppies scared.
not stoked, my mom lives here, my brother lives upstairs and there's a cute girl who grows veggies in the house they shot, got cops on my road now.

IanBZHD

• Rep: 25
« Reply #5276 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:53 PM »
I started a new job and am going to be making significantly more money, but I also have been in a waving depression that makes me have no motivation to do anything for the last year (besides fall into this new job).
This scares me because I don't know how I'm going to handle my career for the next 70 years.

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #5277 on: August 28, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
nextdoor neighbor's house got driveby'd. fucking idiots can't shoot right and also hit another house so i'll have to inspect mine in the AM. hope we didn't receive shrapnel.
not stoked, my mom lives here, my brother lives upstairs and there's a cute girl who grows veggies in the house they shot, got cops on my road now.

"I like chaos", who the fuck is stoked about anything about a drive by

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -111
« Reply #5278 on: August 28, 2018, 10:07:33 AM »

"I like chaos", who the fuck is stoked about anything about a drive by
um, i am. i just said so up above you silly goose!
who else? the bad guy from cyborg, and anyone who wasn't hit. i watched a good one down at my strip mall about 17 yrs ago. i was talking to these 2 girls and a car wen the wrong way around the rotary w/ no lights on. i was gonna he like 'hey shitbird, you're fucking up' but then it sounded like firecrackers and these 2 black guys and a girl come running out of the pizza place like dodging and after the girl was bovine eyed and i goes 'were those firecrackers?' and she goes 'those weren't firecrackers' all shocked out.
the guys were yelling 'ya'll ain't hit shit'! they were fired up.
unscripted action is the best!

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5279 on: August 30, 2018, 01:03:53 PM »
My friend and his wife recently started "swinging" which in their version of it means having their relationship fall apart in suuuuuper sloooooow mooooootionnnnnn and he is being so fucking lame to talk to about it. He doesn't want to joke about his wife fucking black guys and I don't care about him trying to fuck 24 year olds (which he couldn't even do when we were 24) so it's been a real bust so far. I thought having a swinger for a friend would be cooler.