Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709518 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5190 on: August 07, 2018, 08:17:01 PM »
Got a male monkey medicine plant.

Pissed of but now I can collect pollen and create a new strain
Gentleman ninja warlock

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5191 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:08 AM »
Took the day off from work because I had diharrea earlier, it felt pretty bad, but literally like an hour after I called in I had one more bathroom trip and then it went away; I could've totally just roughed it out and went to work. This is the first day I've called out in so long; I dunno why but I feel almost kinda guilty for not going.
But, because it's a day off, I'm taking advantage of it; gonna go watch some skate vids at a friends house soon, get Chinese food with my mom and my brother, hang out with an old friend who i haven't seen in months, and then hopefully squeeze in a late night skate sesh to top the day off.
I always feel guilt about taking a sick day even if I'm completely unfit to leave the house. I know it was passed down by my parents and their working class sensibilities. I didn't give a shit when I skipped school but missing out in money is difficult.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5192 on: August 08, 2018, 06:02:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Took the day off from work because I had diharrea earlier, it felt pretty bad, but literally like an hour after I called in I had one more bathroom trip and then it went away; I could've totally just roughed it out and went to work. This is the first day I've called out in so long; I dunno why but I feel almost kinda guilty for not going.
But, because it's a day off, I'm taking advantage of it; gonna go watch some skate vids at a friends house soon, get Chinese food with my mom and my brother, hang out with an old friend who i haven't seen in months, and then hopefully squeeze in a late night skate sesh to top the day off.
[close]
I always feel guilt about taking a sick day even if I'm completely unfit to leave the house. I know it was passed down by my parents and their working class sensibilities. I didn't give a shit when I skipped school but missing out in money is difficult.

NEVER feel guilty for taking time off from a job. They are a business and they would put you on the street if they had to. I get regretting not making the money but don't feel personally bad like you disappointed a friend. Don't fall for the devil's tricks.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5193 on: August 08, 2018, 06:21:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

NEVER feel guilty for taking time off from a job. They are a business and they would put you on the street if they had to. I get regretting not making the money but don't feel personally bad like you disappointed a friend. Don't fall for the devil's tricks.

Agree 100%. Plus, I have more work to do thats more important at home anyway. I'm thankful for my job, but it sucks that I waste so much of my time there and when I get home I don't want to do the things I need to do around the house.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #5194 on: August 17, 2018, 08:10:36 AM »
I'm kina stoked that i'm a cyborg but still not stoked on breaking it. also being off work for 6 weeks blows and i'm only half way...

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5195 on: August 22, 2018, 10:54:17 AM »
sometimes in my line of work, you come across a real dumb mother fucker .. like how are you so fucking dumb man ..

stoked im not him but not stoked i have to actually look into his eyes and speak knowing that all he hears is charlie browns teacher

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #5196 on: August 23, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »
Rode my bike past some Christian Fundamentalists who were yelling "Whore" and "slut" and shit like that at women walking by so I felt compelled to yell "Hail Satan!" back their way.

They then started yelling "Loser!" at me.

I was actually pretty stoked on the interaction, just not stoked those asshats exist.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5197 on: August 26, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »
Stoked I met a paperwork deadline today and the residents at the group home were happy to see me on a Sunday (usually work M-F), not stoked I had to work 8am to 10pm lol.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #5198 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »
nextdoor neighbor's house got driveby'd. fucking idiots can't shoot right and also hit another house so i'll have to inspect mine in the AM. hope we didn't receive shrapnel.
stoked, i like chaos and anything that keeps yuppies scared.
not stoked, my mom lives here, my brother lives upstairs and there's a cute girl who grows veggies in the house they shot, got cops on my road now.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #5199 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:53 PM »
I started a new job and am going to be making significantly more money, but I also have been in a waving depression that makes me have no motivation to do anything for the last year (besides fall into this new job).
This scares me because I don't know how I'm going to handle my career for the next 70 years.

calvinsdream

« Reply #5200 on: August 28, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
nextdoor neighbor's house got driveby'd. fucking idiots can't shoot right and also hit another house so i'll have to inspect mine in the AM. hope we didn't receive shrapnel.
not stoked, my mom lives here, my brother lives upstairs and there's a cute girl who grows veggies in the house they shot, got cops on my road now.

"I like chaos", who the fuck is stoked about anything about a drive by

« Reply #5201 on: August 28, 2018, 10:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"I like chaos", who the fuck is stoked about anything about a drive by
um, i am. i just said so up above you silly goose!
who else? the bad guy from cyborg, and anyone who wasn't hit. i watched a good one down at my strip mall about 17 yrs ago. i was talking to these 2 girls and a car wen the wrong way around the rotary w/ no lights on. i was gonna he like 'hey shitbird, you're fucking up' but then it sounded like firecrackers and these 2 black guys and a girl come running out of the pizza place like dodging and after the girl was bovine eyed and i goes 'were those firecrackers?' and she goes 'those weren't firecrackers' all shocked out.
the guys were yelling 'ya'll ain't hit shit'! they were fired up.
unscripted action is the best!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TlAErpZbYM

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5202 on: August 30, 2018, 01:03:53 PM »
My friend and his wife recently started "swinging" which in their version of it means having their relationship fall apart in suuuuuper sloooooow mooooootionnnnnn and he is being so fucking lame to talk to about it. He doesn't want to joke about his wife fucking black guys and I don't care about him trying to fuck 24 year olds (which he couldn't even do when we were 24) so it's been a real bust so far. I thought having a swinger for a friend would be cooler.

calvinsdream

« Reply #5203 on: August 30, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »
My friend and his wife recently started "swinging" which in their version of it means having their relationship fall apart in suuuuuper sloooooow mooooootionnnnnn and he is being so fucking lame to talk to about it. He doesn't want to joke about his wife fucking black guys and I don't care about him trying to fuck 24 year olds (which he couldn't even do when we were 24) so it's been a real bust so far. I thought having a swinger for a friend would be cooler.

That's exactly how my "open relationship" went.

Also, if he can't handle jokes about it then how the fuck can he handle his wife banging other dudes? I say joke on and add some fuel to the fire for entertainment.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #5204 on: August 31, 2018, 04:14:49 AM »
Went to the dentist to see what is causing a constant dull pain in the left side of my face.

Stoked that she told me my teeth are fine... Not stoked that she told me that the pain is probably caused by clenching my jaw in my sleep due to an abundance of stress and anxiety. Great.

In a way it would've been easier if I had an infection and she just drilled a hole in my head and fixed it. Now I need to reevaluate my life on a deeper level, which I'm not completely sure I'm capable of doing.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5205 on: August 31, 2018, 04:28:19 AM »
Went to the dentist to see what is causing a constant dull pain in the left side of my face.

Stoked that she told me my teeth are fine... Not stoked that she told me that the pain is probably caused by clenching my jaw in my sleep due to an abundance of stress and anxiety. Great.

In a way it would've been easier if I had an infection and she just drilled a hole in my head and fixed it. Now I need to reevaluate my life on a deeper level, which I'm not completely sure I'm capable of doing.

or

Yu Dum

« Reply #5206 on: August 31, 2018, 06:01:50 AM »
Skate the first substantially sized stair set in a while the other day, but I didn’t land the trick because I’m a weak bitch.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5207 on: August 31, 2018, 11:18:20 AM »
  A buddy of mine saw that Kevin dude from the cons vid skate on several occasions while visiting a city.  Apparently he does blizzard flips every time. - Dosen't film the shit tho  (image)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5208 on: September 01, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »
Found a pint glass with >50quids in it while washing glasses at work and didn't take it, gave the glass to the bar manager instead. Got a pat on my shoulder and that's it I feel like a fucking idiot rn. #goodboy
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5209 on: September 01, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »
Found a pint glass with >50quids in it while washing glasses at work and didn't take it, gave the glass to the bar manager instead. Got a pat on my shoulder and that's it I feel like a fucking idiot rn. #goodboy
    Damn man.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #5210 on: September 03, 2018, 02:42:24 AM »
got second at the contest on saturday at my local park.
won an ugly cap, an ugly red t-shirt and a set of wheels

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #5211 on: September 03, 2018, 09:46:34 AM »
Labor Day:

Not stoked that I am required to work today.
Stoked that it's time and a half pay.
Not stoked that I don't really get to skate today.
Stoked that its too hot out anyways, and I probably would not have skated anways.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #5212 on: September 03, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »
Stoked, hanging out in the mountains with our two year old son

Not stoked, everyone else is zipping and using the suspension bridge, both of which are on my bucket list
Gentleman ninja warlock

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #5213 on: September 04, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »
Didn't get the jobs I interviewed for and my self-esteem took a big hit
But, applied to 8 more jobs and got another date that I'm not so confident about because of the rejections
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

calvinsdream

« Reply #5214 on: September 05, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #5215 on: September 06, 2018, 02:57:58 AM »

yeah the bar manager almost definitely pocketed that

« Reply #5216 on: September 07, 2018, 04:47:13 PM »
i was fucking around on the tracks and almost got killed by a train. i grabbed the ladder and was getting on w/ my skateboard but didn't look and there was a wall and ran into it. fell between the wall and the train and couldn't get out til the train slowed way down [so i took pictures while i was trapped]. could've been a lot worse and not just getting killed/chopped in twain by the wheels, i could've fell over the wall the other way and dropped onto the old site of the diy. for anyways, i got back on the horse so i wouldn't be scared off and here's footage of riding a flatcar for a few hundred feet. then i went to a ledge and did nollie noseslides both ways.
more stoked than not but could've gone really sour!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dRiSBR5xUU&feature=youtu.be

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5217 on: September 08, 2018, 08:45:58 AM »
I just moved into a really nice new place (no more 250 square foot studio apartment!), but today it's raining for the first time since I've been here, and one of the rooms has a pretty bad leak in the ceiling, with plaster or whatever falling off too.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #5218 on: September 09, 2018, 12:21:17 AM »
since dlx is not to keen on emailing me back i ordered a new pair of thunders but cheapest ones i could find were from zumiez and they threw in some random sticker sheet with "super rare" written on the back. what the fuck would be rare about that?

even the steven

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #5219 on: September 12, 2018, 02:13:42 AM »
The rain and the mood it gets me in..