Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709493 times)

NegativeCreep

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5220 on: September 12, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
since dlx is not to keen on emailing me back i ordered a new pair of thunders but cheapest ones i could find were from zumiez and they threw in some random sticker sheet with "super rare" written on the back. what the fuck would be rare about that?

What are the super rare stickers of? Save them for 10 years then retire off the ebay profits.

Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On:

Life in general. Got to take advantage of opportunities and get out of the cloud.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #5221 on: September 12, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »
Found a bottle of cesamet today

Only has 6 2mg capsules in it
Gentleman ninja warlock

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #5222 on: September 20, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »
The only time I get to rest is when im hurt

Pigeon

« Reply #5223 on: September 20, 2018, 09:58:25 PM »
I found free food connections. It’s good quality, free, and doesn’t go to waste. I can make a shitload of juice and the bakery shit are great. This is also going to free up some time from grocery shopping, where I waste a lot of time by being indecisive.

The negative is that I’ll stop being vegan, and might get fatter. (I’ll have to skate more.)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5224 on: September 21, 2018, 06:45:40 AM »
Dumpster pizza will definitely make you fatter.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #5225 on: September 22, 2018, 08:28:50 AM »
tried figging expecting a nice warm glow but was like shoving wasps up my arse

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5226 on: September 24, 2018, 10:08:28 AM »
Grandparents gave me some notebooks for school but I pulled them out in class today to start using and they're fucking wide ruled

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

ungzilla

« Reply #5227 on: September 24, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »
holy shit do i ever have a totally rational hatred of wide-ruled notebooks

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5228 on: September 24, 2018, 12:11:50 PM »
holy shit do i ever have a totally rational hatred of wide-ruled notebooks
There is literally zero reason to use a wide ruled notebook after middle school. They are inferior in every way. Less lines, less to write on a page, those fat fucking lines are made for markers being held by little shits who write in all caps.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5229 on: September 24, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
Just looked this up why were you expecting a nice warm glow?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #5230 on: September 25, 2018, 02:44:44 AM »
>be me picking up new board
>few hours at a park time to go home, start going down this hill then hit about 30mph and realize uh oh this is p quick but slowing myself would probably be worse so just ride it out
>look ahead and see that the floor is suddenly about to get really shitty with uneven paving slabs etc
>make it through the minefield of uneven slabs and go to stop myself, i presume the force of stopping compared to the weight of my bag caused me to get pitched still going about 30mph
>bounce skid and slide for about 15/20ft and my board shoots out into the road
>nope.jpg run after it and get off the road and realize ive fucked myself up, blood pissing out my elbow knee and lower back
>go to aldi to get some fuckin drinks in cus aint nothing like cheap shitty beer to fix yerself
>remember my friends camera was in my bag, pull it out and check its alright then put it back
>purchase drinks, exit store, get fuckin yanked by security "WHATS IN THE BAG LAD"
>explain i just wiped the fuck out on the hill and was checking the camera, no thievery here boss
>totally understands, gives me a cig and tells me about the time he accidentally killed a rabbit on a bmx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUoQVE7UaZY

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #5231 on: September 27, 2018, 05:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Just looked this up why were you expecting a nice warm glow?

I did that aswell and am wondering the same. It was used as a torture technique in ancient greece for a reason.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #5232 on: September 27, 2018, 05:58:50 AM »
Got an illustration job that will give me a nice paycheck once I’m done, but depression and self medicating has me past deadline and I’ve been freaking out a bit. Nearly done now though, and that will be a relief. But then I’ll have to work my ass off to catch up on my studies that I’ve been neglecting while working on the illustrations and being a sadsack. Gonna be hectic all the way till mid December.
In a prison of my own making but yeah at least I’ll get paid.
With that money I’m gonna get me a new board and a backpack and also pay off an extra chunk of our mortgage (English isn’t my first language but I think that’s the right word - our house loan?).
Things could always be worse.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5233 on: September 27, 2018, 09:08:40 AM »
Got an illustration job that will give me a nice paycheck once I’m done, but depression and self medicating has me past deadline and I’ve been freaking out a bit. Nearly done now though, and that will be a relief. But then I’ll have to work my ass off to catch up on my studies that I’ve been neglecting while working on the illustrations and being a sadsack. Gonna be hectic all the way till mid December.
In a prison of my own making but yeah at least I’ll get paid.
With that money I’m gonna get me a new board and a backpack and also pay off an extra chunk of our mortgage (English isn’t my first language but I think that’s the right word - our house loan?).

This is why I don't freelance anymore.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #5234 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Got an illustration job that will give me a nice paycheck once I’m done, but depression and self medicating has me past deadline and I’ve been freaking out a bit.
(...)
[close]

This is why I don't freelance anymore.

Yeah to be honest I preferred having a steady job as a cleaner/janitor than having these sporadic illustration gigs, even though I should be stoked to get paid for drawing which I love to do. Except what I love drawing is my own stuff and the jobs I get are pretty boring.
Still, it's hard to find a part time job that fits in with my schedule so getting these jobs is a good thing.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #5235 on: September 29, 2018, 01:53:32 PM »
won a we are blood dvd in yesterday's skate contest.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5236 on: September 29, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »
ha that's a ridiculous prize, but awesome. What place was it an award for?

I genuinely think my building super does meth, or at least a bunch of some kind of upper. He talks a ton, super fast, and it's really hard to get out of a conversation with him. He just acts off.

But today he fixed the fuck out of my ceiling, super fast too, then vacuumed most of my place way better than I ever had, and took out my trash too.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5237 on: September 29, 2018, 02:42:17 PM »

I genuinely think my building super does meth, or at least a bunch of some kind of upper. He talks a ton, super fast, and it's really hard to get out of a conversation with him. He just acts off.

But today he fixed the fuck out of my ceiling, super fast too, then vacuumed most of my place way better than I ever had, and took out my trash too.

please send him to my house and have him fix my plumbing and the crack in my basement wall, and the rest of the projects i have on my mile long list.

im so over homeownership. everything seems to be breaking right now and i dont have the time, or probably the money to fix it all and im about to lose my god damn mind.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #5238 on: September 30, 2018, 06:23:26 AM »
i placed 6th in the finals, which was
the last place. the prize is funny tho

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #5239 on: September 30, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »
While I was out on a date with a chick I've had my eye on for years my sister beat the shit out of my most current ex for cheating on me.

Stoked on the date and that my sister is that ride or die, but I had already moved past it and accepted that it had happened, I didn't want her to have to go through that.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #5240 on: September 30, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
my sister beat the shit out of my most current ex for cheating on me.

Most gangsta shit I've heard in a while.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #5241 on: September 30, 2018, 03:33:09 PM »
While I was out on a date with a chick I've had my eye on for years my sister beat the shit out of my most current ex for cheating on me.

Stoked on the date and that my sister is that ride or die, but I had already moved past it and accepted that it had happened, I didn't want her to have to go through that.

Damn! Your sisters on point
Gentleman ninja warlock

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #5242 on: September 30, 2018, 08:15:35 PM »
Expand Quote
my sister beat the shit out of my most current ex for cheating on me.
[close]

Most gangsta shit I've heard in a while.
She used to deal for a Mexican gang in Kansas City. I don't introduce girls to her unless I'm serious about them lol

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5243 on: October 01, 2018, 01:19:35 AM »
Took a little road trip to NY with my friend Alex who I haven't travelled with in over 15 years. Met up with some some old friends and the host and his girl were just as hospitable as could be!

Stoked we got to check out Flushing Meadows and security let me skate into the fountain, not stoked the wind took the mist to the landing/ledge. Still an amazing time, though!

I'm so grateful for these people and skateboarding being in my life.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:22:15 AM by Bruh Man »

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5244 on: October 01, 2018, 02:52:32 AM »
Not stoked: Lost a game of mini ramp skate to a girl.
Stoked: I got to talk to a girl.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #5245 on: October 01, 2018, 07:37:59 AM »
day 4 of no ciggs after 10+ years of smoking, i know 4 days aint much but its a start, especially for being at a pack a day. gross i know.

Stoked to quit, not stoked i smoked that long. cant wait to make it past the "hump" whenever that is.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5246 on: October 01, 2018, 10:16:41 AM »
day 4 of no ciggs after 10+ years of smoking, i know 4 days aint much but its a start, especially for being at a pack a day. gross i know.

Stoked to quit, not stoked i smoked that long. cant wait to make it past the "hump" whenever that is.

you using anything to help or did you just go cold turkey. I've been smoking for a while myself and i really wanna qit but I can never make it past a few days without smoking.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #5247 on: October 01, 2018, 10:22:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you using anything to help or did you just go cold turkey. I've been smoking for a while myself and i really wanna qit but I can never make it past a few days without smoking.

Got a juul, so the highschool kids at my local think im pretty sick haha. i try not to rip it too much but when im fiending ill grab it and it works. i dont want to be using that thing in two months though. so in the meantime its a good pacifier

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5248 on: October 01, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
I quit after 17 years with a vape pen thing that I was too embarrassed to use outside my house. The shame helped greatly.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5249 on: October 01, 2018, 03:21:20 PM »
Yeah I've been using this thing called a SMOK FIT for about the last month and it's really been helpful, I still smoke a couple cigs a day though. But I like it cause it's pretty small and minimal for a vape.

It's pretty much a refillable JUUL, but uses like salt type liquid, which apparently allows for higher nicotine levels?

I also did a paid study a couple years ago, where I got a ton of nicotine patches for free. It obviously didn't make me quit for good, but maybe check your local craigslist listings for something like that?