Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709285 times)

TheFrontSeatLife

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2008, 05:58:57 AM »
That movie "I'm Not There" that came out a few months ago. It's about Bob Dylan and I thought I'd be really into it but it's so slow and boring that I can't even get into it. It's just weird. I'm stoked on it, but I'm not stoked that I just don't like the movie.

colin

« Reply #691 on: May 26, 2008, 07:33:37 AM »
Road rash. Stoked on the fact that it didn't hurt at first, and stoked on scabs and scars. Not stoked that my leg hurts every time I stand up...and, well, that's about it...

Edit: My girlfriend thinks the thing I my leg looks like the Batman symbol, I thought it could be the artist formerly known as Prince symbol, but maybe also RDS?? Can I get jumped in?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:35:55 AM by colin »

erik.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »
i always refused to waste my money on an ipod but tonight my sister said i could have her 30 gig video ipod.. the only catch is i have to figure out what's wrong with it and fix it.

my computer recognizes it and everything runs fine. the songs are playing but there is no sound whatsoever and it's not a headphone issue. i tried reinstalling all the songs, but no luck.

anyone ever had/heard of a problem like this?

Sounds like the headphone jack. I've heard of this happening before. iPod repair isn't to hard, I've fixed a screen and battery on my nano before. You can order all the parts online, and theres tutorial videos on how to fix them too.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »
the view from my apartment. im leaving soon, but ill miss this view. 11th floor i can see william penn from my apt all big on top of city hall too because its only a few blocks away. bummed

we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #694 on: May 26, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
Road rash. Stoked on the fact that it didn't hurt at first, and stoked on scabs and scars. Not stoked that my leg hurts every time I stand up...and, well, that's about it...

Edit: My girlfriend thinks the thing I my leg looks like the Batman symbol, I thought it could be the artist formerly known as Prince symbol, but maybe also RDS?? Can I get jumped in?

I can see the bat symbol.

toonie

« Reply #695 on: May 26, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »
i always get really drunk on monday nights

Mackattack

« Reply #696 on: May 28, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »
i shotgunned a few beers for my friends dog who died today

i cant stop playing this now..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS8UHOFk-KI

also gonna start working overnight inventory at my job on monday, ill be working 10 pm to 630 am and then going to classes at college from 8 am to noon.

im sure it will truly fuck me up, but i finally dont have to work weekends and deal with customers so im down.

sergioflorez

« Reply #697 on: May 28, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »
totally convinced this was an akon scubadiving/sextape in another site http://www.sourmath.com

nsfw  :P

JonnyG

• Rep: 28
« Reply #698 on: May 28, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
stoked on the fact that i finally figured out what song was in my head for 2 days straight (the one that macklin posted), no stoked on that i cant stop listening to it

Riq Dikulous

kevbo999

« Reply #700 on: May 29, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
I'm off on this beautiful, sunny day. However, I'm in no state to go skateboarding. If I can just bask in the sun with a couple beers and some company, it'll be a fair trade for the discomfort and lost wages.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #701 on: May 29, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
wait, it's a season finale?
damn.
[close]

yeah. stoked its 2 hours, not stoked on waiting 2 weeks AND an 8 month wait for next season

8 months?!?

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #702 on: May 30, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
Indiana Jones.

longballlarry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #703 on: May 30, 2008, 01:05:27 AM »
i was gonna post this in the real confessions thread,
but since that thread is focused i guess i'll just post it here.

i just saw the sex and the city movie.
like midnight screening status.
(no homo)

it was aight.

(double no homo)
I used to post

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #704 on: May 30, 2008, 01:38:39 AM »
i was about to see the midnight screening of it, but i said 'forget it.' i'll probably get fabulous and see it tomorrow night.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #705 on: May 30, 2008, 10:11:09 AM »
Pffffffft I heard sjp the foot was wearing Cache! Soooooooooo low end.

frisco

« Reply #706 on: May 31, 2008, 06:30:38 PM »
I got laid last night for te first time in a long time, unfortunately it was with my ex though

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #707 on: May 31, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »
staying home and listening to mopey smiths songs on prom night

frisco

« Reply #708 on: May 31, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »
moving to toronto tomorrow

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #709 on: June 01, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »
anthony (dirtjers) went to paris for a bit and i havent heard from him since he left except one email and he just sent me an im saying this

"but skating is nuts out here like.....the best ledge spots. dougs and i agreed we would trade the abc ledges for it. picture this- its between two buildings of a university. granite tile ground... and 10 perfect butter benches ina  row that grind faster than you rode up to them. like.... nuts. and an art gallary is on the side, me and dougs went in and peeped it for free and they fed us. like this shit makes love park look terrible. like fuck running from cops to skate ledges that used to be good, these shits are better and they feed you for skating them."

so hyped for him, but bummed im not there/hes not home and im super fucking jealous. i need to start travelling asap before im old and decrepid.
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

baxty

« Reply #710 on: June 01, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »
Kimbo Slice.

If I saw him in person I think I would be super frettin.

frisco

« Reply #711 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »
The Baker Deathwish Video

stoked: the length and quality of skating, Herman and Antwuan

unstoked: overuse of rowdy lil wayne songs

unstoked: Bakers riders all seem to be crack heads. Even Herman looked like he was smoking a crack pipe as sick as he is at skating

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #712 on: June 02, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
anthony (dirtjers) went to paris for a bit and i havent heard from him since he left except one email and he just sent me an im saying this

"but skating is nuts out here like.....the best ledge spots. dougs and i agreed we would trade the abc ledges for it. picture this- its between two buildings of a university. granite tile ground... and 10 perfect butter benches ina  row that grind faster than you rode up to them. like.... nuts. and an art gallary is on the side, me and dougs went in and peeped it for free and they fed us. like this shit makes love park look terrible. like fuck running from cops to skate ledges that used to be good, these shits are better and they feed you for skating them."

so hyped for him, but bummed im not there/hes not home and im super fucking jealous. i need to start travelling asap before im old and decrepid.

I went to Paris earlier this year and it rained the entire time, it wasn't that cool. Everyone treats Americans like shit. And now due to my legal shit, i won't be able to travel for a very long time. It sucks. Hope he has more fun that I did.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #713 on: June 02, 2008, 01:10:59 PM »
staying home and listening to mopey smiths songs on prom night

Gnarred.

We need to hang out.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #714 on: June 02, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
yea him and some other friends ive been keeping in contact with said that the french women wont even look at them they are super snobby and it has been raining a lot but he said hes having a lot of fun

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #715 on: June 02, 2008, 03:00:17 PM »
yeah, girls on the street are definitely cold as ice. however, girls in the clubs are a different story, they were actually really nice to us and we each got a few e-mails (no i'm not stuck in 8th grade haha, we just don't have phones out here!). skateboarders out here have been so nice it's crazy. most of them seriously kill it, but are cool to the point where it's been like sessioning with homies. they've helped us find amazing spots too. but yeah.. everyday french people on the streets definitely seem really over us. but whatever, it's super fun out here. vicky, i'm gonna search for that keychain soon so get psyched.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #716 on: June 02, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »
good i mish you. be careful.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #717 on: June 02, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
yeah, girls on the street are definitely cold as ice. however, girls in the clubs are a different story, they were actually really nice to us and we each got a few e-mails (no i'm not stuck in 8th grade haha, we just don't have phones out here!). skateboarders out here have been so nice it's crazy. most of them seriously kill it, but are cool to the point where it's been like sessioning with homies. they've helped us find amazing spots too. but yeah.. everyday french people on the streets definitely seem really over us. but whatever, it's super fun out here. vicky, i'm gonna search for that keychain soon so get psyched.

yeah it was so bad, cops wouldn't even give us directions.

toonie

« Reply #718 on: June 02, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »
might be going to a plan b demo the day after tomorrow

edit: i can't actually think of a lot i'm stoked on if i do end up going, maybe the trip there with a few kids, getting drunk, watching gallant and wenning skate, that's about it
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:12:59 PM by toonie »

frisco

« Reply #719 on: June 02, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »
might be going to a plan b demo the day after tomorrow

edit: i can't actually think of a lot i'm stoked on if i do end up going, maybe the trip there with a few kids, getting drunk, watching gallant and wenning skate, that's about it

its amazing to watch guys like that skate a park you skate regularly, skating will be sick regardless, although yeah, there will be a prominent amount of shcekler bros and hoes cheering