Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709418 times)

ProjectPatrick

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #750 on: June 08, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
I've been skating a lot lately but for that same reason my girlfriend broke up with me today because I'm always skating when she wants to see me and I "don't care about anything but skateboarding and shoes." (I'm not a hypebeast, I swear, I would just tell her about all my new vans all the time.) But then I got a cool job today and I got pretty high and was just on fire with flatground 360 flips for some reason. I did what had to be at least 20 just one right after the other. It felt pretty good. Another positive is now I can't skate without having someone nag the fuck out of me about it afterwards. It must be kinda cool to live in a place where girls positively receive skating. It's not gonna happen in the south! But now that I think about it, it's pretty cool becuase it keeps the scene small with more people doing it just for fun. I'm still kind of high if you can tell from my rambling.

vicky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #751 on: June 08, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »
bbq and skating today. except i woke up too late to go to fdr and now its too hot, and i feel bad leaving my extremely fluffy cat alone in the scorching hot 11th floor apartment with no air conditioner. also, i wont be able to eat anything at the bbq even though ill want to. but i do get to see a best friend.
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

baxty

« Reply #752 on: June 08, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »
I found baken in the freezer but i don't know hpow to make fucking bakon.

im stoked on patron.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #753 on: June 08, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »
Dropped my camera today.  Stoked that the filter broke instead of the lens, not stoked that I have to shell money out to get another filter.

damian

« Reply #754 on: June 09, 2008, 11:32:44 PM »
at work, i told a young child to quit being a bitch.

bobby digital

• Rep: 16
« Reply #755 on: June 10, 2008, 06:26:52 AM »
graduation rehearsal but its too fuckin early in the morning

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #756 on: June 10, 2008, 07:25:58 AM »
I went training yesterday but slammed on my left hip and right palm. I also was being fat and semi cracked my board on frontside lipslides on a flatbar.

frisco

« Reply #757 on: June 10, 2008, 07:28:06 AM »
I went training yesterday but slammed on my left hip and right palm. I also was being fat and semi cracked my board on frontside lipslides on a flatbar.
I havnt trained in so long, were you free skating or cardioriding

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #758 on: June 10, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I havnt trained in so long, were you free skating or cardioriding
Cardio with a sub work out of ab conditioning. I also had a mental trick list that included the front lip but not the slam. That's what I get for spontainious skating - there's no room for it, it'll just get you hurt.

BriefCase

• Rep: 3
« Reply #759 on: June 10, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »
Dropped my camera today.  Stoked that the filter broke instead of the lens, not stoked that I have to shell money out to get another filter.
i can kinda relate, last time i went to nyc we were at battery park and i dropped my bronny and 80mm straight to the ground in front of like 50 people. it landed on the front of the lens. i was bummed i dropped it and it lost what little value it had, but if it were to break or it was my 35mm i probably would have offed myself on the spot.

also bummed one of my flashes somehow internally melted, but now i can upgrade my flash

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #760 on: June 10, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
I just set one of my trashcans on fire.

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #761 on: June 10, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »
thunderstorms. There was one last night that was really in-tents - lightning several times a second for a good hour and a half. The rain and humidity suck, though.

frisco

« Reply #762 on: June 10, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »
thunderstorms. There was one last night that was really in-tents - lightning several times a second for a good hour and a half. The rain and humidity suck, though.

do you live in toronto?

There was a savage one here and it woke me up at around 2, decided to film it for an hour and throw it together, got some shots of lightning hitting the Cn tower

erik.

• Rep: 14
« Reply #763 on: June 10, 2008, 12:43:08 PM »
I went outside for the first one and took some pictures.

The one that took place around 1ish was way more intense. I wish I had a better view of them.

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #764 on: June 10, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you live in toronto?

There was a savage one here and it woke me up at around 2, decided to film it for an hour and throw it together, got some shots of lightning hitting the Cn tower
mississauga, so pretty much.

I tried to get a few quality photos by using the burst/sequence with my point-and-shoot. big mistake. I actually did a really good job predicting the lightning, but the camera would re-adjust every time there was a flash of lightning. I would have gotten my dad's DSLR, but it was at 1am.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #765 on: June 10, 2008, 07:01:29 PM »
i sold some art to a dude in a tool shirt. he kept asking me all these questions and shit, it was one of the most awkward conversations i've ever had in my life.

i just found out my friend who i was going to get an apartment with is moving home and i can't find an affordable one person so i have to move home too, but it will be a good opportunity to save money and eat for free.

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #766 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:51 PM »
getting good weed that smells like shit

colin

« Reply #767 on: June 11, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

Post 'em up!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #768 on: June 12, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »
My friend is taking me to see Death Cab For Cutie.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #769 on: June 12, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you live in toronto?

Post up the video! Such a rad storm.. and yea one night you and kocika should come out and get drunk, I understand hes around these days.

erik.

• Rep: 14
« Reply #770 on: June 12, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Post 'em up!

I shot it on film, so I gotta go get them developed, and unfortunately the store closes in 10 minutes. I'll get them done by this weekend and post them up in the Photography thread.

frisco

« Reply #771 on: June 12, 2008, 03:37:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do you live in toronto?

[close]

Post up the video! Such a rad storm.. and yea one night you and kocika should come out and get drunk, I understand hes around these days.

haha i still find it insnane that we have such a good mutual friend from across the country, small canada, sounds like a good idea to get some beers soon, hes here until around the end of june, ive been working on the video for a week with other clips from around the city im probably gonna wait for a month and keep filming stuff

frisco

« Reply #772 on: June 12, 2008, 03:44:20 PM »
what i originally was gonna post was i phoned into the hardcore hockey talk show with steve koulias, i wasnt expecting to get on, ive never called before but i randomly got on and the background guy started asking me questions, then he said "were gonna open with you", i was watching tv in the background then all of a sudden i was on, i was so suprised i couldnt talk and kooly started talking to me over the phone but i was listening to him on the tv and i was delayed like 5 seconds, haha the rest he just cut me off the whole call and started talking about some nonesense, but nonetheless it was a pretty random experience, but unstoking that i didnt get to say shit.

i almost went c-span on him and said, "hey am i on the air" "FUCK!"

but thats why they delay the show now is so they can bleep out the swearing

baxty

« Reply #773 on: June 12, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
what i originally was gonna post was i phoned into the hardcore hockey talk show with steve koulias, i wasnt expecting to get on, ive never called before but i randomly got on and the background guy started asking me questions, then he said "were gonna open with you", i was watching tv in the background then all of a sudden i was on, i was so suprised i couldnt talk and kooly started talking to me over the phone but i was listening to him on the tv and i was delayed like 5 seconds, haha the rest he just cut me off the whole call and started talking about some nonesense, but nonetheless it was a pretty random experience, but unstoking that i didnt get to say shit.

i almost went c-span on him and said, "hey am i on the air" "FUCK!"

but thats why they delay the show now is so they can bleep out the swearing
I once called into a radio station.....yeah they delay that stuff, and they didn't even let me talk

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #774 on: June 13, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »
my spitfires are like 44mm now so i found some wheels in my house and replaced them....feels good to have nice 54mm but they are pink and ugly
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #775 on: June 13, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »
Chili cheese burritos but not the way my stomach now feels or the smell of my gas. Smell it. Take a whiff. Come on.

frisco

« Reply #776 on: June 13, 2008, 01:51:54 PM »
my spitfires are like 44mm now so i found some wheels in my house and replaced them....feels good to have nice 54mm but they are pink and ugly

the idiot i was buying gave me 51's instead of 52's, which are small to begin with, so yesterday i was riding hit a crack and almost ate shit infront of a patio full of people, i had quite a nice save and shot a devilishly handsome smile to the waitress..in my mind

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #777 on: June 13, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
dude it sounds like you are going crazy in toronto. or maybe you just post a lot because of your new job, but it seems like you are dying of loneliness. get out there
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57:33 AM »
new bike

after putting it together and taking a ride i know it needs a tune up pretty bad, due to shit getting knocked about. i've been messing with it myself, but it would be much easier to take it to a bike shop to get it done properly, but thats like when a kid turns up at a skate shop with a new deck to buy grip.

kilgore.

« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »
goddamn max power, that thing is beautiful.