Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709273 times)

Howie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1230 on: July 07, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »
Stoked that i learned heels today
Not stoked on the fact that i credit carded myself twice and got a mean sunburn in my face while learning heels.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1231 on: July 07, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Next saturday I'm free from work, and I'm going to a city nearby where the és game of skate is, but the weather is going to be bad. I didn't skate for a week already. :'( :'( :'(
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

kevbo999

« Reply #1232 on: July 08, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »
Since cops started giving helmet fines at the park, the locals founded a new spot by my place.  I went for the first time today and had fun, but I feel like the shittiest skater around most of em.  It'll probably become a bust too considering there was nearly 20 dudes there.

FACE!

« Reply #1233 on: July 08, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
there was a festival called rothbury in my town with:

THE DEAD    •    (ONLY SUMMER PERFORMANCE)    •    BOB DYLAN AND HIS BAND    •    THE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT    •    (ONLY 2009 PERFORMANCE)    • WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY    •    THE BLACK CROWES    •    DAMIAN 'JR. GONG' MARLEY & NAS    •    STS9    •    G. LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE    •    GOV'T MULE    • UMPHREY'S MCGEE    •    BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE    •    YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND    •    THE DISCO BISCUITS    •    LES CLAYPOOL    •    COLD WAR KIDS    •    JOHN BUTLER    •    CHROMEO    •    KELLER WILLIAMS    •    ANI DIFRANCO •    MSTRKRFT    •    MATISYAHU    •    GIRL TALK    •    GUSTER    •    FEMI KUTI & THE POSITIVE FORCE    •    MARTIN SEXTON    •    FLOGGING MOLLY    •    RAILROAD EARTH    •    THE HOLD STEADY    •    TOOTS & THE MAYTALS    •    RALPH STANLEY & THE CLINCH MOUNTAIN BOYS    •    BRETT DENNEN    •    ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA •    GRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS    •    SHPONGLE DJ SET    •    SON VOLT    •    JACKIE GREENE    •    LOTUS    •    SOULIVE    •    MAN MAN    •    PETER ROWAN BLUEGRASS BAND W/ TONY RICE    •    KING SUNNY ADE & HIS AFRICAN BEATS    •    THE COOL KIDS    •    STS9 (LIVE PA SET)    •    THE GLITCH MOB    •    DAVY KNOWLES AND BACK DOOR SLAM    •    EOTO    •    PRETTY LIGHTS •    REBELUTION    •    QUANNUM ALL STARS FT. LYRICS BORN, THE MIGHTY UNDERDOGS, GIFT OF GAB, LIFESAVAS FT. JOYO VELARDE    •    TOUBAB KREWE    •    SAM ROBERTS BAND    •    HILL COUNTRY REVUE    •    LIPP SERVICE (ELIOT LIPP + MEMBERS OF PNUMA)    •    2020 SOUNDSYSTEM    •    BREAK SCIENCE FT. ADAM DEITCH    •    THE HARD LESSONS    •    UNDERGROUND ORCHESTRA    •    FUTURE ROCK    •    THE MACPODZ    •    STEPPIN' IN IT    •    THE WHITE BUFFALO    •    THE PARLOR MOB    •    GIANT PANDA GUERILLA DUB SQUAD    •    CHRIS PIERCE    •    REED THOMAS LAWRENCE    •    WENDY DARLING •    RACHEL GOODRICH    •    BIG GIGANTIC    •    ALEX B (OF PNUMA)    •    LYNX & JANOVER    •    THE RAGBIRDS    •    FOUR FINGER FIVE    •    VAN GHOST

performing and i didnt get to go.

but i'm glad i didnt because i heard their were naked people dancing on stage, prostitution for tickets, people overdosing on lsd, and 160 people were arested

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1234 on: July 09, 2009, 05:35:23 AM »
rain day. no work, no pay.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1235 on: July 09, 2009, 07:54:47 AM »
ive developed my body into a THC dependent system where i get ongoing nausea when i lack THC, and every hour or so i start shitting out clear goo that if smelled closely, smells like raw fish. i was nauseated my whole time in my trip to japan except for when i went to tokyo to visit my friends. we bought 4 packs of legal herb containing various synthetic THC compounds at a head shop located in the middle of the shibuya shopping district. the woman who sold it to us bopped her head to the crappy stoner music that played in the store as she put our SMOKE XXX and Spice Diamond Spirit packets into a brown paper bag. she was obviously trying to show off that she was high, which is kind of special in japan. for the next 3 days we rolled all 12 grams into fat joints and became lazy worms with red eyes. 'wanna smoke another one?' was what we all wanted to hear, and the 30 minutes or so after downing a joint made it worth battling the laziness that seemed to drag on for hours after smoking. the second night when we tried the 2 strongest packets was a blast. as me and my friend sat on his futon in his one room apartment, we felt like the futon was flying and my bi polar friend (who got fat from medication he takes) was sitting on the floor and it felt like he was flying too. he had his legs crossed, sitting in buddha mode, and we all spoke in honorific formula so we all sounded like psychedelic businessmen. all of the synthetic THC compounds made my nausea completely go away, but after i left tokyo, i was sick and shitting out clear goo all day. now im back in canada, and i have real THC in my body so naturally, i feel fine.

im not stoked on how i feel sick if i dont have it, but im stoked that it exists and that when i do it it makes my nausea go away. a double reward. feel high and healthy. im going to have to quit for a period of time and let it all get out of my body, and then try not to toke daily. my current body condition is too unhealthy and sometimes getting ahold of THC is not that easy. i feel like im physically addicted to marijuana.

"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

Bugs

« Reply #1236 on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:18 AM »
^ I'm so addicted to marijuana I wanna smoke right now

kevbo999

« Reply #1237 on: July 10, 2009, 05:03:25 PM »
Marijuana rules.

I just had one of those sessions where you fall a lot.  I really gotta stop drinking before I skate.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1238 on: July 10, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
so stoked on an awesome girl staying over last night. not stoked on waking up with the worst gas from drinking too much too fast last night. hardly made it til 1 when she left this afternoon.

Bugs

« Reply #1239 on: July 13, 2009, 02:39:23 PM »
so stoked on an awesome girl staying over last night. not stoked on waking up with the worst gas from drinking too much too fast last night. hardly made it til 1 when she left this afternoon.

haha, Yeah I feel ya on that one, always gotta hold in the beer farts when a chick sleeps over, sucks. But everyone else besides me would just fart because they are so hard like that. Wow I am such a pussy.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1241 on: July 15, 2009, 01:44:23 AM »
stoked on summer... not stoked on the humidity...

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1242 on: July 15, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »
Yesterday this guy was handing out these cd's on the street and was like 'man you can just give me a few cents that's all.' However I only had a note on me so I said I'd comeback to him and give him some coins for it - he was gone when I got back. I felt bad.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1243 on: July 20, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
been talking to this girl and its going fucking great. bummed that shes going out of town today and then i leave in a few days right before she gets back, so im not going to see her for over a week. bad timing on vacation, but fucking stoked to be going on a skate trip.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:21:08 AM by skate_bored »

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1244 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha, Yeah I feel ya on that one, always gotta hold in the beer farts when a chick sleeps over, sucks. But everyone else besides me would just fart because they are so hard like that. Wow I am such a pussy.

you just gotta be yourself. you're 'holding back' when you're 'holding your beer farts'. girls aren't into that.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Bugs

« Reply #1245 on: July 21, 2009, 09:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you just gotta be yourself. you're 'holding back' when you're 'holding your beer farts'. girls aren't into that.

*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppp*

"Ugh, Gross!"

"What.. I was just being honest..."  ::)

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1246 on: July 21, 2009, 01:14:49 PM »
Only have two tiny surface cavities in my teeth, even though I haven't been to the dentist in 5+ years. She even kept complementing me on how great my teeth looked. ???

I guess a steady diet of Mountain Dew and candy pays off...

Galletly

« Reply #1247 on: July 21, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »

nah, wait until she lets one slip. that's your free ticket.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1248 on: July 21, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
not stoked that my doctor just told me he thinks I broke my sinus cavity when I broke my nose last week and Ill need surgery to repair it.

Stoked that I have insurance.

frisco

« Reply #1249 on: July 21, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »
not stoked that my doctor just told me he thinks I broke my sinus cavity when I broke my nose last week and Ill need surgery to repair it.

Stoked that I have insurance.

damn from diving into that shallow pool? sounds like suing would be a good option even if your insurance covers most of it get some scratch out of it

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #1250 on: July 21, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »
yeah from the pool. Everyone is telling me I should sue. Even my doctor. I don't know though... I just want my nose back to normal. If insurance doesn't cover all of the surgery, I'll prob go for a lawsuit. The only reason I WANT to sue them is so they get forced to drop the diving board down a few feet so this doesn't happen to someone else. I could have easily snapped my neck. I'd hate for that to happen to someone else.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1251 on: July 21, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
yeah from the pool. Everyone is telling me I should sue. Even my doctor. I don't know though... I just want my nose back to normal. If insurance doesn't cover all of the surgery, I'll prob go for a lawsuit. The only reason I WANT to sue them is so they get forced to drop the diving board down a few feet so this doesn't happen to someone else. I could have easily snapped my neck. I'd hate for that to happen to someone else.

fucking sue them then. fix your nose, force them to make their place safer, and get a little extra cash!

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1252 on: July 22, 2009, 08:43:14 PM »
havent had alcohol in 4 days. stoked i can make it 4 days, not stoked on how much i want a beer. tomorrow is when the fun begins.

odp

« Reply #1253 on: July 22, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »
^^^
today is day one for me. it's been too many blackout nights in a row, weeks.... have fun man!

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1254 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »
^^^
today is day one for me. it's been too many blackout nights in a row, weeks.... have fun man!

thanks! got a big trip planned with all my friends for the next few days so im planning on some horrible hangovers and trying to skate through them everyday.

FACE!

« Reply #1255 on: July 22, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »
why wouldnt you sue anyways? dont you like money?

frisco

« Reply #1256 on: July 22, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
why wouldnt you sue anyways? dont you like money?

you idiot its not as easy as it sounds, takes a lot of time, sometimes stress and even money to settle a lawsuit

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #1257 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:13 AM »
my family from Florida was in town last night and they came over. We were up kind of late drinking and bullshittting. When I woke up this morning this was in my shower.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1258 on: July 23, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »
^ hahaha, that's awesome, in spite of how lame the circumstance is

this was on the oregon coast somewhere on the way back up from california. the beach was littered with tons of I <3 jesus type shit which I was quick to x out and write lucifer or bacon

I didn't realize it until I was finished because I drew it so huge, but I totally connected the nutsack to the dude's right thigh
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1259 on: July 26, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »
This is pretty much all related to my recent trip to San Francisco, apologies it's too Live Journalish (no particular order):

Not stoked on:
1. Air travel. I have a flying phobia, and the only way I can fly is when I take the pills my doc prescribed. If I'm not asleep, I'm pretty much just sitting there quietly in terror.
2. Not getting to meet Vegan or Randozzi... I think I may have had a chance to meet Vegan when I went to Sacto, but didn't retrieve his phone number until after I'd already gotten back to SF.
3. Twitch and Schmitty were out.

Stoked on:
1. Damon from Deluxe! Within an hour after getting off the plane, I was rolling through the streets with Damon, eventually meeting up with two of his friends. Super good guy, and he can skate his ass off:

2. Deluxe. Everyone over there is fucking awesome, and they bust ass over there. Everyone's super busy, and at the same time they're really proud to be there. If you go there, you can feel the work and skate ethic.
3. Jim and his family. He's possibly the hardest working person I know. Also, though me and the missus don't plan on having kids, watching Jim and Jack hype each other up during a session is just amazing. Can't say enough good things here.
4. Mark! Super nice, knows his shit, and was down to listen as I pretty much talked non stop (I felt like a little kid, plus I was about four cups of coffee deep). Gave me a tour of High Speed, sat in Card's chair for a sec, reintroduced me to Phelps, showed me the guts of everything, then got to meet L Ron and the graphic designers at Hubba... super generous dude, and he kicks ass for paying attention to the time and getting me back to work right on time. There was just too much to absorb... really cool to see things from that side.
5. I had pretty much resigned to the idea that I'd never have one of these, but now I do and I didn't even ask for it... I probably watched Sick Boys more than any other videos combined... anyway, having this means a lot and it'll be on the wall soon:

6. Met Mayor Gavin Newsom. Stoked on meeting an elected official that I really like, and stoked on wearing a sweater because it was cold (it was in the 90's back home):

Dude's tall.
7. Stoked on Epic Skatepark in Sacramento. I skated that place until I puked, then I brushed my teeth, drank some gatorade & water and skated even harder. Two kids asked me if I was "grimcity from youtube" which was a mindfuck, and I met two ladies that were over 50 who were skating some really proper carve-lines in the bowl. The size of that place is just insane.
8. I'm forgetting a lot, but the whole trip was as sick as could be (except for not meeting Randozzi & Shawn).