Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709480 times)

DevilOnEnzyte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1260 on: July 26, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
Eric... that's beautiful man.

Neal, so glad you had a good time.
I'm still suffering the ill effects of this sickness I got from your trip.
Its a disease called jealousy.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1261 on: July 26, 2009, 01:30:12 PM »
Next time we will hang out and skate for sure.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1262 on: July 26, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »
That Mic-E board is sicckkkkk

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #1263 on: July 26, 2009, 02:08:45 PM »
not sure where I stand with this girl I'm seeing, but fuck it. fuck girlfriends.

I am going to go get wasted with these punk girls I know, one I think is really into me, and then go to a show. maybe I'll go for her, even though she is 3 years older than me.

ps. grimcity I envy you so much

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1264 on: July 27, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
sick post Grim.

I just got back from the doctor and on top of having him tell me that he's going to have to re-break my nose, he also diagnosed me with Acid Reflux. He stuck a camera up my nose to look down my throat. that was interesting. The shit he sprayed in my nose to numb it is making me feel like I just snorted a couple grams.

Anyone else here have Acid Reflux?

Not stoked that I have it, but stoked that (from everything I've read) it can be cured by eating better. I have to stop late night snacking, fatty foods, less coffee, less dairy... all of which I've been guilty of.

odp

« Reply #1265 on: July 27, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
^^^spicey food is a no go too i think, acidic stuff also.

i just discovred tums a few months ago and they're the shit

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1266 on: July 27, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »
my deathwish finally ended after skating it for two months. i'm sort of bummed on having to get a new board, but i'm hyped that i was able to make it last that long. its nose has been cracked for at least two weeks and the middle has had a small crack in it for probably a month, but i kept with it. then the other day the nose completely broke and then just yesterday my tail snapped.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #1267 on: July 27, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »
i'm about to get on some travis bickle type shit and get fit, but then turn around and contradict myself with my substance intake.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

odp

« Reply #1268 on: July 27, 2009, 07:30:07 PM »
i'm about to get on some travis bickle type shit and get fit, but then turn around and contradict myself with my substance intake.

dude, it's all about sticking to it no matter how much you fuck yourself up. The more you work toward staying "fit" the more you can get fucked up because your body cancels out the shit. i drink a lot, amongst other shit, nightly, but i make sure i go to exercise and ride my bike and shit for fun. It makes skating poppier too.

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #1269 on: July 27, 2009, 10:03:09 PM »
BEING BROKE ASS!

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1270 on: July 28, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote
T
7. Stoked on Epic Skatepark in Sacramento. I skated that place until I puked, then I brushed my teeth, drank some gatorade & water and skated even harder. Two kids asked me if I was "grimcity from youtube" which was a mindfuck, and I met two ladies that were over 50 who were skating some really proper carve-lines in the bowl. The size of that place is just insane.

[close]

I just went there last week for the first time. we got in for free because my roommate is going to write an article on the place for Sacramento News and Review. The place was fucking empty. Only like 5 little kids and maybe a few old pool rippers.  but the park is nutty.
It wasn't especially busy when we were there, either... I'm guessing our session peaked out with about 25-ish kids and only me, Jim, and about three or four adults in the middle of a Sunday. I'm about 1000% sure that the electricity bill over there is twice my mortgage payment... I hope they can keep it going. If I lived in that area I'd definitely support the park, especially considering it was 108 degrees outside & up to 114 on the way back to SF.

Some things I'm stoked on about Epic specifically:
1. The weird little concrete dish thing. There's so many ways to skate it, plus doing mannys or nose mannys in it feels great because you're forced to pump a little when you land inside the incline and spring out the other side. Really unique feeling.
2. The bowl. Like most of the park, it's covered in Birch, it's got more of a ramp transition than most bowls I've skated (a little looser, not as intimidating), and only one big wall that's only 7 or 8 feet max. The camel hump going from the deep pocket to the shallow makes for some ridiculous lines.
3. The euro to wall ride. I think this was part of the reason I puked... we would roll in on the opposite side of the park, push/pump over shit the entire way, pop up, then be waaay the fuck up on that wall. It was fun hauling ass on that perfect floor, then *clack* and woosh... you're Spider Man! I think I puked because of how many times I went from one side of the place to the other. It's so damned big.
4. The mini. I think it's half 4 and half 5, maybe? Anyway, it's a perfect ramp.
5. The floor... so smooth. While dorking around, I think I accidentally did the longest nose manual I've ever done, ever. Rolled in the bank next to the little roll in (the end wall by the rainbow hubbas), started the nose manny as soon as the wheels hit the floor, passed the dish, then got three good lines on a G turn, then was able to sit on it while standing still for a bit. It was stupid, but the floor is flawless in there.
6. Both the 8 stair and the miniature Carlsbad gap. I'm usually not a fan of stairs or drop gaps in skateparks, but they get a pass because they have everything else you could want there. I just recently started feeling comfortable jumping down things again, and those two things are pretty damn fun to jump (especially the gap).
7. Camel humps. We have some at our park here, but they're a lot different... the ones at Epic are super fun, come in one way and you're airing off the second one, come in the other way and you're wallie bashing into the thing... or you can just hit the bank and carve over the whole thing. I felt like I was in a video game, and I mean that in a positive way.

One thing I'm not stoked on: they had some air conditioning, but no fans. The ambient cool was nice, but the still air wasn't good. I'd rather skate a hot park with fans than a less-hot park with no air moving. Not a major complaint, but you start to feel it if you're skating hard for a while.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:25:38 AM by grimcity »

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1271 on: July 28, 2009, 02:12:20 PM »
stoked: pretty much everything grims has said in this thread as lot late

not stoked: i cant do shit like that haha

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

sergioflorez

« Reply #1272 on: July 29, 2009, 06:31:57 AM »
stayed up all night studying. i was running a half an hour late for my final this morning only to find out the teacher couldn't make it. she gave us until 8 pm thursday to mail it to her. now i have some time to catch up on other work. my hearts racing like a motherfucker

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #1273 on: July 30, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
There's a baker/deathwish demo in town today...
but it's fucking raining for the first time in months

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #1274 on: July 31, 2009, 09:36:46 AM »
Terrible co-worker is retiring but no replacement in sight, I may have to start doing work.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #1275 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »
Terrible co-worker is retiring but no replacement in sight, I may have to start doing work.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #1276 on: July 31, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »
I was walking out the door going to skate, and I just had this feeling. So I go over to the toilet and this awful diarrhea starts to leak out of me. Thankfully this didn't happen while I was skating. The bad thing though, a couple months ago I had it for months and lost about 20 pounds. Hoping this was a one time deal.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #1277 on: July 31, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »
its officially august which means the countdown until the time i have to go back to school begins but i will also turn 18, actually im not really too hyped on being 18
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1278 on: August 01, 2009, 01:01:29 AM »
Went in to the hospital on thursday to bet an throat X-ray and had to drink that nasty barium shit its like thick chalky white nastiness, I don't know if any of you ever had to do that shit but I at least threw a pound of that shit down my throat. makes me cringe everytime I think of it.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

frisco

« Reply #1279 on: August 01, 2009, 01:31:30 AM »
The new Bruno movie, not great but still sort of funny

I lost 10 pounds in the last month, stoked but not stoked on that

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #1280 on: August 02, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
Stoked on:

Last night we played the wizard staff game (I know, I know, so cool right?), and one of my best friends, who I am going to be the best man in his wedding, I threw his staff, and he grossly overreacted and punched me right in the fucking face. It was hilarious. He almost knocked me out, like I wobbled and fell but held myself up with a chair. Busted my lip up in the inside. I think it's hilarious. We made up though so it's no big deal. Something to laugh about in the future.

Not stoked on:

After all this happened we all biked to the bar, and the same dude, Jon and my other really good friend Trent forgot something so biked back to the house and when they did these two dudes jumped out and pushed them off their bikes and demanded their money, and then the one dude was fucked up on drugs or something and just went crazy and smashed my friends in the faces with hammer. Like a bunch of times, just fucked them up. Jon got a bunch of busted teeth and bit through his lip and needed stitches, and Trent is still in the hospital this morning with a broken jaw. So scary. This happened not even far from my house and not at all in a sketchy neighborhood. I'm always just walking around and biking around at night alone and shit. Gnarly. So bummed for those dudes.

featuring

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1281 on: August 02, 2009, 12:11:54 PM »
Stoked on:

Last night we played the wizard staff game (I know, I know, so cool right?), and one of my best friends, who I am going to be the best man in his wedding, I threw his staff, and he grossly overreacted and punched me right in the fucking face. It was hilarious. He almost knocked me out, like I wobbled and fell but held myself up with a chair. Busted my lip up in the inside. I think it's hilarious. We made up though so it's no big deal. Something to laugh about in the future.

Not stoked on:

After all this happened we all biked to the bar, and the same dude, Jon and my other really good friend Trent forgot something so biked back to the house and when they did these two dudes jumped out and pushed them off their bikes and demanded their money, and then the one dude was fucked up on drugs or something and just went crazy and smashed my friends in the faces with hammer. Like a bunch of times, just fucked them up. Jon got a bunch of busted teeth and bit through his lip and needed stitches, and Trent is still in the hospital this morning with a broken jaw. So scary. This happened not even far from my house and not at all in a sketchy neighborhood. I'm always just walking around and biking around at night alone and shit. Gnarly. So bummed for those dudes.
Sorry to hear that, hope those dudes get better soon. Keep us updated.
original

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #1282 on: August 02, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »

Holy shit! And here I am thinking Canada is a Country full of cool level headed People.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #1283 on: August 02, 2009, 01:08:58 PM »
Ahhah well that definitely is not indicative of shit that happens here. I don't even live in a huge city like Toronto or Vancouver. Just random super bad luck. SUPER bad luck.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1284 on: August 02, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »
That's pretty fucking shitty, Watson.  :-\

kevbo999

« Reply #1285 on: August 02, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
My friends aren't chronics like me, so I always pack a few bowls when I visit.  Though, for the first time in ages, I'm too broke to buy any.  I was kinda excited to give my brain and lungs some air, but the homies have been getting me ripped all weekend.

MahShugahNah 2.0

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1286 on: August 02, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
Hung out with my ex for the first time in over a month and had a sick time, so much fun. It felt like we were still dating just good times because we are both fully over the break up... Except because it was so fun its been making me think back to the relationship and miss it hardcore. Been blue for like 2 days now.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #1287 on: August 04, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
1000 posts, I officially spend too much time on the internet.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1288 on: August 06, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »
stoked on winning some shoes

not stoked on them being these:

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1289 on: August 06, 2009, 09:54:30 AM »
^now that's just low...