Author Topic: who is neckface?  (Read 14134 times)

rickey henderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: who is neckface?
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 10:09:22 PM »

the greatest of all time

bornindabay

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »

the greatest of all time

But ya can't hit for shit! ;D

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 11:51:02 PM »
i wonder why this guy hasn't been caught yet?  police could easily find him if they really wanted to.........

how does he get away with doing art shows and shit?

or did he just stop writing on the streets or what?

wheee!

bobjohn

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »
He probably shouldn't give a video tour of Andrew's house and mention that he lives there, then be photographed at the same house wearing the same clothes and 'do sans mask.

http://www.epiclylaterd.com/andrewsnewyard.html

Old Knees

• Rep: -20
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »
i wonder why this guy hasn't been caught yet?  police could easily find him if they really wanted to.........

how does he get away with doing art shows and shit?

or did he just stop writing on the streets or what?

he hasn't been caught for the same reason banksy hasn't been caught:

nobody cares.

he travels from town to town, writes a little bit here and there, and nothing comes of it. there are people in nyc, la and sf that have done 100's of thousands, if not millions more in damages than neckface. dude is small potatoes.

the thing with graffiti is that you can post his picture and say that's him all you want, but for the most part unless you're caught red handed there's very little that johnnie law can do. on top of that the cops aren't on here searching for graffiti writers, they're on graffiti forums or out on the streets victimising non-violent criminals because they're soft targets. police are gutless fucking scum and should die as such.

/yes, i write my name on other people's shit. come get me copper
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:04:16 AM by Old Knees »
BOPSET

beeda weeda

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
graffiti is lame, especially when you  "tag" past the age of 18. its a real productive way to start your life.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:40 AM »
This is easily the gayest thread Jackson has ever posted in.

I second that, what a dirty faggaroo

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 07:04:37 AM »
the best part is jackson looks like neckface

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 07:56:53 AM »

HAHA. I knew he was ashamed of his heritage.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 07:57:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHA. I knew he was ashamed of his heritage.

what if Jackson IS neckface?

bornindabay

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 08:01:05 AM »
graffiti is lame, especially when you  "tag" past the age of 18. its a real productive way to start your life.

Tagging is regular. I hate when they try to group graffiti with skating and rap music. Dude, if we're gonna
put in silly phases of our lives in that mix than why not throw in the game "door bell ditch"?  If you want to make
a respectible name for yourself than do art and it won't seem so looooooooosery.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 08:06:46 AM »
true

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
I personally am a big fan of graffiti. My friends are huge into it. Its like they look at things alot differently than I would.. Like we as skateboarders look at the world differently. No normal person notices the handrails/gaps/ledges like we do, you know? They are the same way. They're always talking about how something is a '1stroke' or the way it was written and shit like that. They follow up on alot of old school shit, especially trains. They love the trains. But too me this looks alot cooler than without it.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »
I don't mind graff even if it's illegible. Sometimes trains, billboards and alleys need it. Tagging cars though, that sucks.

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 08:26:20 AM »
I personally am a big fan of graffiti. My friends are huge into it. Its like they look at things alot differently than I would.. Like we as skateboarders look at the world differently. No normal person notices the handrails/gaps/ledges like we do, you know? They are the same way. They're always talking about how something is a '1stroke' or the way it was written and shit like that. They follow up on alot of old school shit, especially trains. They love the trains. But too me this looks alot cooler than without it.

ew fuck this shit
i'll die before i let a bunch of cocksuckers turn my city into one giant bape

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 08:31:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ew fuck this shit

why? its sick.

if you guys really want to check out some mid blowing shit, check out www.daim.org  check out some of his walls and stuff. guy is unreal with a spraypaint can.

bornindabay

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 08:33:36 AM »

Sounds about as productive as us being on this site. Nah, way less productive. I don't understand how an individual can
be so consumed with such an act. Either way, big props to the graphitti heads who have somehow made a living off of it.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ew fuck this shit

Before it was a boring ass train with nothing to look at other than grey and orange stripes and maybe the logo of the company as if we didn't know who's train it was. Now there's some color and a way to pass the time riding in another train trying to read it. What's so bad about that?

skate

• Rep: -5
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »
Why are you asking are you with the police or the daily planet?

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2007, 08:50:31 AM »
also.. this guy does some incredibly amazing stuff. More artsy than straight up graf. But its real rad. If you guys ever go to B&N you should check out his book. It'll keep your attention with every flip of the page for sure.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 08:55:25 AM »
Neckface is just lucky Giuliani isn't mayor anymore.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wHnsLdhWWcQ

bothersome

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2007, 08:57:41 AM »
Full pieces are sick.
tagging sucks.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 09:03:58 AM »
Oh, Neckface, the guy who thinks he's Spanky, but is really untallented and does the drawings you did on your school jotter when you were 13, but it's ok, his mates are all sponsered and tell everyone he's cool so all the 13 year olds out there think hes' cool cas he's drawing the same shit they have in there school books
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:14 AM »
The skate industry is one big frat... Somehow Neckface pledged and got in, now people think his art's cool. If he was on the outs, no one would care. He's found his own nitch so I respect that--it's hard to do in art. But to me his work seems like something Beavis and Butthead would be drawing on desks and in their text books. But that'd be a whole lot cooler because it'd be peices of art drawing peices of art.

creativityisking

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »
thats why his shits cool. because he shows that anyone can go out in express themselves without having to be a fucking art major or follow a bunch of street codes. Hes a lucky guy because now he doesnt have to do shit but draw those lil pictures that you all hate on. and skateboard too.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »
thats why his shits cool. because he shows that anyone can go out in express themselves without having to be a fucking art major or
he was an art major if i'm not mistaken. say what you will, but at least he's not filling containers with cum and shit and putting it on pedestals in gallery's.

damian

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2007, 09:46:24 AM »
"art is subjective". my favorite thing about neckface is that he just does his thing unaware of how many words or ideas you guys put in his mouth. he's just doing a little something for shits and giggles and somehow from one epicly laterd episode and seeing a few drawings of the guy, you fools know his life story and his claims and shit. you pretentious lads would love to be in his position (or be in it and pretend you didn't want to).

creativityisking

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »
well for being an art major he sure displays the fact that he never went to class, nor gave a damn. im standing up for the guy.his shit is funny and original

bornindabay

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »
The skate industry is one big frat... Somehow Neckface pledged and got in, now people think his art's cool. If he was on the outs, no one would care. He's found his own nitch so I respect that--it's hard to do in art. But to me his work seems like something Beavis and Butthead would be drawing on desks and in their text books. But that'd be a whole lot cooler because it'd be peices of art drawing peices of art.

so true about the frat.

creativityisking

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
well thats why me and my niggas are startin our own frat. its called I WISH I WAS IN MOUSE