Author Topic: who is neckface?  (Read 14127 times)

listen up

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: who is neckface?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »
Expand Quote
thats why his shits cool. because he shows that anyone can go out in express themselves without having to be a fucking art major or
[close]
he was an art major if i'm not mistaken. say what you will, but at least he's not filling containers with cum and shit and putting it on pedestals in gallery's.
yea he went to art school for a short time then dropped out he wasnt into it. im pretty into his shit i like how creativityisking put it. Him doing this shows that talented or not however you see it if you run with it poeple might end up taking notice and i guess people got real into it and now hes living off what he does

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »
thats why his shits cool. because he shows that anyone can go out in express themselves without having to be a fucking art major or follow a bunch of street codes. Hes a lucky guy because now he doesnt have to do shit but draw those lil pictures that you all hate on. and skateboard too.

He shows the opposite... That anyone who's friends with Reynolds can pass off whatever as art. I don't "hate" on is work but it's not technically complicated, smart, or overly creative. You can't deny he rides on the backs of the industry bros he rubs shoulders with.

And the "art is subjective" bit gets old. If that was an absolute then everyone would be an artist and everybody's work would equally good/interesting/creative. Not true. There are some seriously cool artists in the skate industry doing really creative/interesting things. Neckface isn't one of them.

creativityisking

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2007, 10:31:37 AM »
ok thanks for your opinion. next!

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
you'd do the same if you had a chance

Old Knees

• Rep: -20
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
sorry to interrupt, but can everybody that's never done graffiti and has no idea how the fuck it works please stop commenting.

1. banksy sucks. he is not graffiti.
2. the only people that call it "tagging" are douchebags
3. graffiti has nothing to do with skateboarding, hip hop, breakdancing, punk rock or fucking kitesurfing.
4. cry about getting kicked out of spots and getting tickets all you want, when your name is splashed across the front page of the newspaper with the cops calling for 10 years jail for your passtime come talk to me.
5. graffiti is not serious, it's about going out and fucking shit up. anyone who thinks it's anything more than that is a moron.
6. why is it necessary to make a living off it? that's the same as a kid starting skateboarding with the sole intention of going pro.
7. why am i bothering to explain this?
BOPSET

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »
sorry to interrupt, but can everybody that's never done graffiti and has no idea how the fuck it works please stop commenting.

3. graffiti has nothing to do with skateboarding, hip hop, breakdancing, punk rock or fucking kitesurfing.
4. cry about getting kicked out of spots and getting tickets all you want, when your name is splashed across the front page of the newspaper with the cops calling for 10 years jail for your passtime come talk to me.
5. graffiti is not serious, it's about going out and fucking shit up. anyone who thinks it's anything more than that is a moron.
6. why is it necessary to make a living off it? that's the same as a kid starting skateboarding with the sole intention of going pro.

I don't think you are explaining anything. All I could picture while reading it was it coming from this doods mouth

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

I did not say banksy was graffiti. I back graf dude. I think it sfucking rad. I have alot of friends that are into it.

DIGDUG!!!!

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2007, 10:46:31 AM »
fukc neckface and his scenster scribblings

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »

TIGHT.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TIGHT.

Whoever was crying about graff how could you not think that isn't better than a black wall?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »
ok thanks for your opinion. next!

I like how you have the word "creative" in your screen name and then copy someone else's "next!" post. It was funny the first time around.

If you've got half a brain and disagree with me then lay it out. If you like Neckface that's cool, but I stand by what I said.  

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 10:52:39 AM »
Remember that Thumbs Up episode where David Choe sees a bunch of spraypainted swastika's and a giant chinaman in a ditch, and then he makes a super huge one?!

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »
to topic starter, ummmmm stop snitching?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 10:57:05 AM »
Man Old Knees you're really coming off as a kook with that list of rules. Chill out. Graf probably means diffierent things to different people and I highly doubt you're the almighty final word.

Unless you're Cool Herc...

creativityisking

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »

I like how you have the word "creative" in your screen name and then copy someone else's "next!" post. It was funny the first time around.

If you've got half a brain and disagree with me then lay it out. If you like Neckface that's cool, but I stand by what I said.   
[/quote]

ummmmmmmm..................NEXT

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »

Old Knees

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
Man Old Knees you're really coming off as a kook with that list of rules. Chill out. Graf probably means diffierent things to different people and I highly doubt you're the almighty final word.

uuhh.....what rules?

what does kool herc have to do with graffiti? he was a dj.

i've been writing for almost 20 years now, i'd like to think i know a little about graffiti
BOPSET

creativityisking

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

uuhh.....what rules?

i've been writing for almost 20 years now, i'd like to think i know a little about graffiti
ive been on here for almost 20 minutes now, and i think we dont care

DIGDUG!!!!

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

oldknees shut the fuck up you bitch ass mark

Old Knees

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »
thanks, retards
BOPSET

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »
the only graff head im backing is CAP.

fuck your graff!!!!
I need a coffee

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »
i kinda like him cuz it seems like he has fun painting his shitty demons and stuff, some of them make me chuckle . i guess theres a sense of adventure in it too, getting to hard to reach places and stuff. I understand why people dont think he deserves as much attention as he gets, but im sure he'll be out of the limelight as quickly as he entered it.

creativityisking

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2007, 11:16:56 AM »
why is everybody so bent on his demise? because he draws like a 9year old? GET OVER IT

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »

fuck your graff!!!!
Expand Quote

[close]

uuhh.....what rules?

I hear you dude. I know how the graf game works somewhat. My friends have been going out and snapping flicks all over the place lately. I'll have to post that shit up. Ever see Risk9 ? He's from our area.. Or ARE crew.. Spre, nest..

fuck your graff!!!!

Backin CAP hard.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

uuhh.....what rules?

Cool Herc wrote graff too. And I'm sure you know a lot about graff but even if you've been writing for 20 years you didn't write the Bible on it. That list you wrote seems pretty high and mighty.

Mandown

• Rep: 2
  • That is the whitest black cop,huh?
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2007, 11:32:32 AM »
LeNoce had a board with pretty decent looking graffiti,i'll see if i can find it.
"Oh, the devil will find work for idle hands to do"

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2007, 11:35:01 AM »
LeNoce had a board with pretty decent looking graffiti,i'll see if i can find it.

My buddy who's been doing graf his whole life use to live with lenoce down in florida, which makes me think he was probably into it as well?

quit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2007, 11:48:13 AM »

What you're describing sounds like a bunch of cross-eyed fuckers in Nebraska huffing paint and moshing in corn fields....

creativityisking

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
why the fuck is this dude on here? go graff bitch