Author Topic: you tube problems...  (Read 2916 times)

somekid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
you tube problems...
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:50:29 PM »
whenever i try to post a youtube clip, it just posts as the raw code, and not the embedded player.
i just copy and paste the embed code and post.
am i missing something to "activate" the html, or what?
thanks.

Edward Penishands

Re: you tube problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
ditto, i just stopped trying

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39:24 PM »
Go to the YouTube video page that you want to embed, then copy the link in the "URL" field (sometimes it's different from the one in your address bar). It's right above the "Embed" code.

Now, take the link:

...and delete everything up to and including the equal (=) sign, leaving you with this:
T4zEE3FC7kQ

Click the YouTube button, or type out the opening and closing YouTube tags, placing the string of numbers/letters inside:
Code: [Select]
[youtube=425,350]T4zEE3FC7kQ[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]T4zEE3FC7kQ[/youtube]

All set.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 03:59:29 PM »
[youtube=425,350]qJRNtBqHCyc[/youtube]
thanks. i didn't even notice the youtube button. cool feature.

Mansditemp

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:49:36 AM »
Sorry guys, i find that this is the only related topic about YouTube problem issue,  so may i post my question here andcan you guys give me an effective solutions. When I tried playing a YouTube video in VLC on Windows 7, " VLC is unable to open the MRL" popped up on my screen. The YouTube video was uploaded by me from my PS4 recording folder days ago. In this article, you can see "http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/vlc-unable-mrl.html", it mentions I have to convert the video codec and formats for a better video compatibility and this is the only way to make my PS4 recording video playable again. But i do not want to use a third-party app or change any video parameters or launch a media format conversion since I know converting video formats always means an output quality loss or frame rate drop. My video output parameter is 720p and 30fps(I didn't test it but I think it is smooth enough) which I think is quite good. So, I want to ask you whether video conversion is the only way to solve this problem and is there another better alternative way to deal with this weird glitch??