Author Topic: It's really pretty sad......  (Read 1528 times)

georgecarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
It's really pretty sad......
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:25:39 PM »
.....that a living legend like Henry never really got his just dues....  I mean there are so many pro's out there milking skating still, and companies marketing these guys, and who's got Henry's back?  I realize from what Henry's said, he's pretty jaded on the industry, but either way, it's still pretty sick that he's on the boards.

what the

Re: It's really pretty sad......
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 03:30:14 PM »
ya to bad nadia didnt work out doggy,hope your doing good mang

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 03:32:39 PM »
.....that a living legend like Henry never really got his just dues....  I mean there are so many pro's out there milking skating still, and companies marketing these guys, and who's got Henry's back?  I realize from what Henry's said, he's pretty jaded on the industry, but either way, it's still pretty sick that he's on the boards.
I could be wrong, but I'd imagine Henry don't need your pity or anyone elses. He changed skateboarding and people who know will always revere him for his time in the spotlight. Sad...phfft! Dude's a champ.

H8R

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 03:36:09 PM »
i don't know what your post is about, henry sanchez is/was/always will be respected.
when i talk to older skaters(like myself)and we get to talking about who they grew up watching and who they're favorites were, they always mention henry sanchez...always.  sorry if that sounds like ass kissing but its a fact.

georgecarr

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »
only you guys could offer up any hate on my post...  Jesus, I was just saying there's cats like Tony Alva and others who impacted skating and they're rich from it, it would be nice to see guys from our era, i.e Oyola, Henry, Lavar etc... who never saw the $ that came into skateboarding.  So it is kind of sad, like I said in the title of the post..

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
I was just watching this part- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTvypzt0Wxc
from Sanch that they linked to on 48blocks.com yesterday and thinking the same thing. It is sad.
I think that Henry deserves everything in skating that some one like Carroll has got (and this is coming from some one who is a huge Carroll fan), but I guess that they just choose different paths, made different choices. It makes me sad because I would like to be able to look forward to a new video part from Henry just like I am looking forward to Carroll’s part in fully Flared.
I really wish that it would have worked out with Henry getting on Girl, that would have been a perfect fit. Que sera sera I guess.
But, like H8R said, every one that skated during the 90’s or knows their skate history has much respect for Sanch, and no one can ever change how influential he was and what he accomplished.
Excuse me while I go wipe this brown stuff off my nose now.
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »
he may sound like he's jaded at the the industry, but overall he seems pretty straight up....whenever he says things, they seem well thought out and he backs up what he says with examples or whatever, rather than just saying shit.....big ups Sanch!!!
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

biggums mcgee

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 04:15:44 PM »
dunno what you're talking about but oyola is raking in the bills

H8R

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
he may sound like he's jaded at the the industry, but overall he seems pretty straight up....whenever he says things, they seem well thought out and he backs up what he says with examples or whatever, rather than just saying shit.....big ups Sanch!!!

nah, whenever i read his posts, its always....
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

j/k mr. sanchez.   ;D

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 04:31:05 PM »
only you guys could offer up any hate on my post...  Jesus, I was just saying there's cats like Tony Alva and others who impacted skating and they're rich from it, it would be nice to see guys from our era, i.e Oyola, Henry, Lavar etc... who never saw the $ that came into skateboarding.  So it is kind of sad, like I said in the title of the post..
No money = sad?! Fuck that. He's a legend. People will always respect him and no amount of money can buy that kind of respect. Sorry if I overreacted, but this thread makes it sound like Henry's life is "sad" and that he had no control over his circumstances or place in skateboarding. The choices he's made are his and he should stand proud on his accomplishments. Quit trying to make him into a victim...and anyone else, for that matter. Big ups, Sanch!

--Vibetek--

• Rep: 7
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
It's good reading his posts because he has an insight into skating most of us don't have.

He's also know's skateboarding. He can look at a YouTube clip of Johnny Random and can see whether the dude is not just good and can do the latest tricks but has the ability to be great and what he needs to do to get there.

If I had a skateboard company I'd be hiring him as my skoach/talent manager.
"Big sky looking down at all the people looking up at the big sky"

Asylum

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 05:25:45 PM »
Sanch always has respect but it would be nice if he was makin bills like all of his old friends. He revolutionized street skating and he doesn't even have a board sponsor? That's just shitty if you ask me. He deserves a board and a shoe and a clothing line and a bunch of money because without sanch we would be left in the dark ages.

BIG UPS FROM OCEANSIDE!!!!!!!

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 05:34:54 PM »
fuck the industry, he knows he made a mark in skating. mad influence when i was a kid, much respect

SR Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 05:35:29 PM »
Sanch always has respect but it would be nice if he was makin bills like all of his old friends. He revolutionized street skating and he doesn't even have a board sponsor? That's just shitty if you ask me. He deserves a board and a shoe and a clothing line and a bunch of money because without sanch we would be left in the dark ages.

BIG UPS FROM OCEANSIDE!!!!!!!

"you only get one chance, and if you miss it, you don't get it again" Stacey Peralta about Jay Adams.  Sanch can just be happy he wasnt locked up.

bornindabay

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »
or I didn't murder someone. ;D  Skating was fun. Got to travel for free. Sometimes it just takes a guy to peak at the right time or just have a continous onslaught of bangers, and I didn't have either. My lifestyle wasn't ever dictated by trying to be great, but when it was I was putting in the work and it worked. Just never stuck with it thru the years in order to substantiate a solid career.

It's kind of why i'm preachy. wisdom from mistakes and not wanting the next man to go thru them.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:11:15 PM by bornindabay »

baxter

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »
this thread made me watch his epicly later'd part again it made me think  :o :'( :'( :o :o ;D

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »
whenever me and homies watch sight unseen somebody always says "we dont have to watch his part do we?" and i say no and skip that shit
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
I am sure Henry still gets free stuff from friends, which to me would be better no pressure.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »
whenever me and homies watch sight unseen somebody always says "we dont have to watch his part do we?" and i say no and skip that shit
edgy

skateboard pillows

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:30 PM »
it's skateboarding not enron

JahLIVES

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:25 AM »

thats a shame

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
oh shit bobgnarley is the boss of his crew
"anyone caught looking at an alex olson photo can't sit with us in the lunchroom"