Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448237 times)

jeremyrandall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #1140 on: December 03, 2009, 11:38:22 PM »
Nollie backheels and bs 180 nosegrinds. Two tricks I've always wanted, and all I needed was two stress fractures in my pelvis and six months of no skating.

Man...I can honestly say I learned the most tricks in a short period of time right after coming back from my two most serious injuries.  Ruptured spleen in summer 06, and both bones in my right leg broken clean through in summer 08.  Being deprived of skating made me try so fucking hard when I got back on my board and I learned so much shit soooooo fast.

clamy

« Reply #1141 on: December 05, 2009, 12:52:47 AM »
I'm hurt right now with a bum ankle so i've been messing around with tranny. I learnt back tails today on this low regular shape tranny. I'm stoked cause I can barely get into the stall yet I'm sliding them, and they feel better than the front tails I have on it.

WWD4D?

« Reply #1142 on: December 05, 2009, 01:03:35 AM »
no comply 180s and straight no comply hops after years of half tries

Mr_Friendly

• Rep: -40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1143 on: December 05, 2009, 07:23:30 AM »
full cab flips in games of skate.
Quote from: Allen.
You're not very friendly...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1144 on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »
crailsnatcher...i just did one...it felt great though....after 20 plus years of tryin' 'em....gonna try to master them today....

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1145 on: December 05, 2009, 10:15:58 PM »
Expand Quote
fs wallies!
[close]

Any tips? Ever since I saw Mike Barker do one in that hype promo part proper as fuck I wanted them. I have no trouble with normal ones, and 180 out but hitting it frontside just seems crazy.

try it on a bump to ledge first, like a ledge on top of a pyramid, and just commit to really putting it down, and it should happen within not too long

i know this is an awful trick tip, but that's the best way to go about wallies

unlike slappy's, which I will never figure out
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1146 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:16 AM »
Just relearning stuff.
Nollie heel and switch heel today.
Couple days ago, lipslides on ledges.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1147 on: December 06, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »
I don't know what it's called, but it's just like a backside Miller flip (unless that's what it is?).

Ride up the ramp, grab backside, trailing hand plants right under the coping, you do a back flip/one handed cartwheel thing, and when you land you slide an extra 180 in one motion so you're rolling forward again. Got three in a row so I own it now.

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #1148 on: December 06, 2009, 07:21:52 AM »
sick grim! let's see some footage

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1149 on: December 06, 2009, 07:26:51 AM »
Expand Quote
finally learned inward heelflips :)
[close]
can you do hardflips too? i find these tricks equally hard and very similar.

Can't do those to save my life haha. I understand how it's supposed to flip, but my feet can't put 2 and 2 together.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1150 on: December 06, 2009, 08:09:05 AM »
I don't know what it's called, but it's just like a backside Miller flip (unless that's what it is?).

Ride up the ramp, grab backside, trailing hand plants right under the coping, you do a back flip/one handed cartwheel thing, and when you land you slide an extra 180 in one motion so you're rolling forward again. Got three in a row so I own it now.

that's gnarly...I'll ask one of my vert buddies what's that called....when you slide the 180 is it f/s or b/s?  My quest for inverts failed miserably.... hey have you ever seen someone do a tailgrab invert?  It'd be really weird...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1151 on: December 06, 2009, 08:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's gnarly...I'll ask one of my vert buddies what's that called....when you slide the 180 is it f/s or b/s?  My quest for inverts failed miserably.... hey have you ever seen someone do a tailgrab invert?  It'd be really weird...
It's backside... the back flip part has a slight backside tendency to it as well.

I have seen a tailgrab invert, and I don't get it. I still don't get how some cats can do regular fs or bs inverts as warmup or setup tricks, either. I'm still trying to figure out how to come in on regular ones once my hand is on the coping... I have no clue how to bring that shit in. It's fucking weird being upside down looking down the transition with your board above you, too. Fucking headgames.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1152 on: December 06, 2009, 11:31:32 AM »
I don't have a amazing switch wheelie balance, but I did a fakie fs shovit sw wheelie for a few meters. But to get that fakie shovit on the block is hard. I tried them to nosegrinds but that needs a little more practice.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #1153 on: December 09, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
It's backside... the back flip part has a slight backside tendency to it as well.

I have seen a tailgrab invert, and I don't get it. I still don't get how some cats can do regular fs or bs inverts as warmup or setup tricks, either. I'm still trying to figure out how to come in on regular ones once my hand is on the coping... I have no clue how to bring that shit in. It's fucking weird being upside down looking down the transition with your board above you, too. Fucking headgames.
I tried fs inverts for like an hour not too long ago slid down on my ass every time, I will never attempt that trick wearing a white t shirt ever again.

sametelt

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1154 on: December 09, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fs wallies!
[close]

Any tips? Ever since I saw Mike Barker do one in that hype promo part proper as fuck I wanted them. I have no trouble with normal ones, and 180 out but hitting it frontside just seems crazy.
[close]

try it on a bump to ledge first, like a ledge on top of a pyramid, and just commit to really putting it down, and it should happen within not too long

I think I do it more like a wnollie, like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2Mb0Tey9I&feature=fvsr , only frontside. Basically the same move, I ride towards the wall at an angle with my foot on the nose, roll up in a fs wallride and level out by doing a nollie and leaning away from the wall. Shit feels really awkward at first. Sorry about the shitty tricktip, just one of those tricks..

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1155 on: December 09, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
switch manual

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1156 on: December 09, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »
sw bigspin flips

HoneyBear

« Reply #1157 on: December 09, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »
barley grinds and a fs 180 to switch fs feeble on accident

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #1158 on: December 09, 2009, 09:39:33 PM »
cab back disasters on the 4 footer in the shop.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #1159 on: December 10, 2009, 02:27:18 AM »
cab back disasters on the 4 footer in the shop.
Getting paid to learn tricks must be a great feeling.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1160 on: December 10, 2009, 02:57:33 AM »
fakie manuals. im not sure if thats the right term.... fakie ollie to switch nose manual..... yall know what im talking about. but ive been trying that shit for soooo long, and yesterday it just clicked. i was doing them almost every try.

clamy

« Reply #1161 on: December 10, 2009, 03:24:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fs wallies!
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think I do it more like a wnollie, like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2Mb0Tey9I&feature=fvsr , only frontside. Basically the same move, I ride towards the wall at an angle with my foot on the nose, roll up in a fs wallride and level out by doing a nollie and leaning away from the wall. Shit feels really awkward at first. Sorry about the shitty tricktip, just one of those tricks..

Ah yeah, I get what you're saying. Thanks. Whenever I try them they just fly right out and it's like I have no control or I'm not over the board at all. I guess it's just like learning to wallie all over again. Just gotta stick it...

After getting my switch front bigs half descent I went for the switch big heel. I can flip them almost all the time, staying over them is another thing. It's a trick I've never even attempted let alone thought of having. Gonna work on it.

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #1162 on: December 10, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »
fakie manuals. im not sure if thats the right term.... fakie ollie to switch nose manual..... yall know what im talking about. but ive been trying that shit for soooo long, and yesterday it just clicked. i was doing them almost every try.

still working on that one. any tips?

WWD4D?

« Reply #1163 on: December 18, 2009, 01:58:24 AM »
Relearned fakie bigflips. Well actually I should say fakie varial flip reverts with the way I do em.
50-50 ollie north out on ledges. Tried it as a joke at first but got really close to landing it first try. "Oh shit, that's not hard at all" I thought to myself, and ended up getting it like 3rd try.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1164 on: December 18, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »
got no comply disasters on the miniramp tonight.

hyped.

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1165 on: December 18, 2009, 02:15:05 AM »
i want to learn that trick..

finnally got round to learning fakie heels yesterday
uptill then i've just never bothered trying them

clamy

« Reply #1166 on: December 18, 2009, 03:40:37 AM »
bluntslides, front blunts and front blunt 270/half cab whatever in on the little bank/quarter/ditch/regular fun piece of metal. Going to try noseblunts on it tomorrow, going to be hard to slide that fucker considering I've never even got into the stall.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #1167 on: December 18, 2009, 07:00:35 AM »
^ i've been trying to put together a nose blunt for a month or so now on small ass bank. landed on one but nothing good enough to get stoked on yet. good luck clamy, i'll try a few myself and see if the blunt fairy is with me today.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1168 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »
^ noseblunt slides on tranny are the funnest thing ever, good luck

I just hate doing them on quarterpipes because I always slide to a complete stop before popping back in, unless it doesn't have coping for some reason
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #1169 on: December 19, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »
got no comply disasters on the miniramp tonight.

hyped.
No comply disasters might be my favorite trick, they are easy to pop high as fuck.

While fucking around I figured out that 5050 pressure flip out is an easy and fun trick.