Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448253 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #1170 on: December 19, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
fakie manuals. im not sure if thats the right term.... fakie ollie to switch nose manual..... yall know what im talking about. but ive been trying that shit for soooo long, and yesterday it just clicked. i was doing them almost every try.
[close]

still working on that one. any tips?
Just don't get frustrated.  I find myself lying on the ground more often with this trick than with switch nose manny.  If you have switch nose manny, this should be a breeze as long as you commit yourself to it.

bndla

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1171 on: December 19, 2009, 10:47:42 AM »
540 bigflip

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #1172 on: December 19, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »

plankskate

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1173 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »
Fakie bigspin manuals.  Fun stuff.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #1174 on: December 19, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
switch/nollie front foot impossibles about a month ago, just found out i need ANOTHER knee surgery so thatll be the last trick i learned for another 8 months or so.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1175 on: December 19, 2009, 05:57:46 PM »
switch/nollie front foot impossibles about a month ago, just found out i need ANOTHER knee surgery so thatll be the last trick i learned for another 8 months or so.

that's fucked

but aye... you'll probably become a pal in no time!
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

cigarettedeer

« Reply #1176 on: December 19, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »
^ i've been trying to put together a nose blunt for a month or so now on small ass bank. landed on one but nothing good enough to get stoked on yet. good luck clamy, i'll try a few myself and see if the blunt fairy is with me today.
I can slide those on boxes well but have yet to land one. Speed is the key factor

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1177 on: December 19, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
I recently learned how to do switch bluntslides on french fry curbs, and using some of the same actions or whatever I can now do switch fs 180-out blunts on little ramps. They're actually popping out better than my regs version, now I want to learn how to properly get into a bs nose blunt... I can lock the position if I roll into it, I just tend to overshoot the coping a little when I try to bs into it. Gonna dedicate some focus on 'em.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1178 on: December 20, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »
i'm probably going to say this all wrong but i did a few back 180 to switch crooks yesterday.  i only did one out to fakie which is what i wanted to do but i landed a bunch them 180 out.  it was on a curb though so it not official official but you gotta learn on something.   

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #1179 on: December 20, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »
It's official man! Don't diminish the value of the holy curb!

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #1180 on: December 20, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »
i'm probably going to say this all wrong but i did a few back 180 to switch crooks yesterday.  i only did one out to fakie which is what i wanted to do but i landed a bunch them 180 out.  it was on a curb though so it not official official but you gotta learn on something.   

did you roll up frontside or backside?
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1181 on: December 20, 2009, 09:04:19 AM »
well to my credit, i did the trick in the middle of the curb not off the ends or straight on to it.  i can lock in and grind just about every time but its the popping out thats tough.  i hope to get them on something bigger by the time the spring comes around.    

i was going frontside at the the curb, back 180 into a switch crooks/nosegrind.  it was nothing spectacular by any means, i've landed a few here and there before but i actually put in some work yesterday until a rolled away clean from a few.           

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #1182 on: December 20, 2009, 09:20:53 AM »
learned back smiths on tranny and front smith front shoves on ledges a few times last night. then i came home, watched the beast edit, T-Mo did a perfect one over the stairs in the shallow end, got even more stoked to try them again today...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #1183 on: December 20, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »
learned back smiths on tranny
Best feeling fucking thing in the world! Congrats, and on the ledge stuff too, but once you have back smiths on ramp they just get better and better... both in how good they feel and in how you can do little variants with them.

gnz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1184 on: December 20, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Best feeling fucking thing in the world! Congrats, and on the ledge stuff too, but once you have back smiths on ramp they just get better and better... both in how good they feel and in how you can do little variants with them.

If there was one piece of advice for learning back smiths on tranny, what would it be?

spare change

« Reply #1185 on: December 20, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If there was one piece of advice for learning back smiths on tranny, what would it be?
Poke your ass out,lean back and kind of sit down,make sure you're on top of the coping.

Yesterday we skated a kind of tall sidewalk ledge/small ledge. tried a bunch of weird tricks.
Landed a few fakie fs shuv back tail, such a weird trick.
Grinded some fakie flip fakie bs 5050s.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #1186 on: December 20, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I know it felt so good. havent felt this good about a trick since the frontside grind, standing up on that one felt way too good...

I suck at trick advice, but the way i learned em was to approach them a little faster than normal ramp tricks and kinda throw the back truck into it and push it all with the back foot while leaning into the ramp as much as possible. I found that when I hit it slower, I couldnt push it at all and would just kinda slide back in to the tranny with the front truck and hang up, but with enough of speed you can kinda bring it back in like an axle stall. didnt fully lock em down yet, but thats kinda how I approached them...

Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1187 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i  agree, amazing fucking feeling. i just wish i could do em good on something besides a three foot quarter. but anyway....

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #1188 on: December 20, 2009, 10:04:31 AM »
I learned them by learning how to stall them first... some of the ramps I grew up skating on were high but super skinny, so there wasn't anything to grind. I just learned how to position it until it became a habit, and as we started building wider shit I just did the same stall positioning, but this time hitting the lip coming at an angle rather than just straight-up-straight-down. If you got too much speed, just hit it at more of an angle and dig in with the back foot. The front foot gets pretty light, just make sure it's over the board and bring it in whenever you have to.

Thom Verlaine

« Reply #1189 on: December 20, 2009, 11:39:11 AM »
Fakie 360 flips.

I have them on lock but can't do them regular at all. Any advice? What am I doing wrong?
I've always been fliptrick regular, but I'm digging this one.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1190 on: December 20, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »
It's all in the

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1191 on: December 20, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fakie manuals. im not sure if thats the right term.... fakie ollie to switch nose manual..... yall know what im talking about. but ive been trying that shit for soooo long, and yesterday it just clicked. i was doing them almost every try.
[close]

still working on that one. any tips?
[close]
Just don't get frustrated.  I find myself lying on the ground more often with this trick than with switch nose manny.  If you have switch nose manny, this should be a breeze as long as you commit yourself to it.

exactly. my biggest fear is just leaning too far forward and eating shit. i would always try to lean back to avoid this, but you really just have to commit. eventually youll find your sweet spot.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1192 on: December 20, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »
i actually landed a back disaster and a back smith on a quarter that was higher than 3 feet, does that count?

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

clamy

« Reply #1193 on: December 20, 2009, 10:27:38 PM »
^ i've been trying to put together a nose blunt for a month or so now on small ass bank. landed on one but nothing good enough to get stoked on yet. good luck clamy, i'll try a few myself and see if the blunt fairy is with me today.

We'll I just came back from trying them and they are insane. I didn't even lock into one, I got just over it then kicked it out. I should learn how to just balance in noseblunt, I've never really played around with them. After seeing Pat Burke's in the $lave vid I really wanted them, the one where he screams like a little girl after doing it.

Instead  today I got on the same bank/tranny thing front 5-0 270 out. And, front blunt to switch 5-0 (nosegrind?), grinding/sliding in both, really stoked on that one.

bandini

« Reply #1194 on: December 20, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »
Got kickflip to frontside 50-50s pretty much down yesterday...

Next up: kickflip to frontside nose grind. Followed by kickflip to frontside lipslide.

I'm slow but I'm persistent...

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #1195 on: December 21, 2009, 04:11:02 AM »
Learnt front lips 270 shuv out couple of days ago. Really easy if you just relax a little when you get on and keep weight on your back foot.

Also been trying back smiths but its one of those tricks i just can't get my head around. They feel so awkward just trying to land in the right position let alone leaning back and locking in etc.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #1196 on: December 21, 2009, 04:14:07 AM »
Fakie 360 flips.

I have them on lock but can't do them regular at all. Any advice? What am I doing wrong?
I've always been fliptrick regular, but I'm digging this one.

I know what you mean i learnt them fakie before normal but I have them down both ways now. Doing it fakie its alot easier to keep it right under your feet compared to regular, i know its obvious but its really all in the scoop.

Rihardslol

« Reply #1197 on: December 21, 2009, 04:39:36 AM »
how do you make kickflips higher? I'm always seeing nice kickflips in every video, but mine are stupidly low and sketchy, can't even kickflip on a box.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #1198 on: December 21, 2009, 08:16:39 AM »
As of yesterday, I can now push switch properly (I'm 35 next month and never bothered learning), and later in the day I landed my first switch kickflip, and came regular close to a lot of other ones. They actually look proper, as my regular kf is mobbed and from the bowels of the ghetto.

The only other real street trick I do switch besides ollies/180 ollies are impossibles, but I thought it was regular that I could do those and not a simple flip. Super, super stoked that I'm steering clear of the path of the Barney right now, haha.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #1199 on: December 21, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »
impossibles are fun though.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.