Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448261 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #1200 on: December 22, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
As of yesterday, I can now push switch properly (I'm 35 next month and never bothered learning), and later in the day I landed my first switch kickflip, and came regular close to a lot of other ones. They actually look proper, as my regular kf is mobbed and from the bowels of the ghetto.

The only other real street trick I do switch besides ollies/180 ollies are impossibles, but I thought it was regular that I could do those and not a simple flip. Super, super stoked that I'm steering clear of the path of the Barney right now, haha.

my switch push makes i look like i've never skated before, i hate doing it. it's one of those things that's hard to work on when people are around, haha.

oh and you left the barney pack long ago with tre flips. really all you need to leave the barney pack is to slam trying something new.

Expand Quote
^ i've been trying to put together a nose blunt for a month or so now on small ass bank. landed on one but nothing good enough to get stoked on yet. good luck clamy, i'll try a few myself and see if the blunt fairy is with me today.
[close]

We'll I just came back from trying them and they are insane. I didn't even lock into one, I got just over it then kicked it out. I should learn how to just balance in noseblunt, I've never really played around with them. After seeing Pat Burke's in the $lave vid I really wanted them, the one where he screams like a little girl after doing it.

Instead  today I got on the same bank/tranny thing front 5-0 270 out. And, front blunt to switch 5-0 (nosegrind?), grinding/sliding in both, really stoked on that one.

the tip that worked for me is cheating with your heel. when you go for nose blunt land standing with your weight on your heel and just use your foot to hold the board in place. this will make it so that the likely hood of going you your hip is way less and get your probability of getting into them way up. when i'm trying them i also usually still try nose blunting back in when i miss the setup that way when i finally land one just right i'll actually be able to do something with it.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #1201 on: December 22, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »
As of yesterday, I can now push switch properly (I'm 35 next month and never bothered learning), and later in the day I landed my first switch kickflip, and came regular close to a lot of other ones. They actually look proper, as my regular kf is mobbed and from the bowels of the ghetto.

The only other real street trick I do switch besides ollies/180 ollies are impossibles, but I thought it was regular that I could do those and not a simple flip. Super, super stoked that I'm steering clear of the path of the Barney right now, haha.
These are the mysteries of skateboarding...  I can push switch do almost any(flatground) trick I can regular, switch(Maybe because I learned switch flips like a week after I learned reg kickflips), yet I can hardly skate any tranny over 4ft.  Ironically I like watching dudes skate tranny over street.  I'd trade all my switch shit that people struggle with to be able rip on any transition I see.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1202 on: December 22, 2009, 08:14:07 AM »
my switch push makes i look like i've never skated before, i hate doing it. it's one of those things that's hard to work on when people are around, haha.
Yeah, I could see that... I'm lucky in the respect that my buddy and I do these little "theme" sessions, be it just cruising, spot hunting, manny pads, or whatever... we spent 1/2 our session just skating switch, and it's rad with him because we're both at the same place and age so we look regular together, haha.

These are the mysteries of skateboarding...  I can push switch do almost any(flatground) trick I can regular, switch(Maybe because I learned switch flips like a week after I learned reg kickflips), yet I can hardly skate any tranny over 4ft.  Ironically I like watching dudes skate tranny over street.  I'd trade all my switch shit that people struggle with to be able rip on any transition I see.
I dig it all, but my biggest problem is I always forget what stance people are (people on video at least) and forget that what I just saw was switch because so many dudes are just fluent as hell either way they go. My same homie mentioned earlier and I were talking about Rodney's interview... stance-less will eventually be the norm. From watching a lot of the local kids to the big videos, it just looks like the next subtle evolution of skating. It's like our boards became ambidextrous after the 80's and now the people that ride them are catching (and in some cases have) caught up.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #1203 on: December 22, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »
Latest I got was a half cab heelflip. Which I like, because I'm a real kickfliper

« Reply #1204 on: December 22, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »
Switch bs 5-0 and bs 180 fakie 5-0 both today, pretty psyched

ThatOneGuy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1205 on: December 22, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
Landed my first and probably the shittiest hardflip ever done a couple weeks ago :)

Anybody have any tips on fs crooks?  I either stop or shoot out as soon as my front truck hits the ledge.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #1206 on: December 22, 2009, 04:15:47 PM »
Switch bs 5-0 and bs 180 fakie 5-0 both today, pretty psyched
Jealous. I've wanted the bs 180 fakie 5-0 forever, but can't get over the fear...
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #1207 on: December 22, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
frontside feeble on ledge...so hyped cause my brain/body cant compute most frontside grinds, its weird.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #1208 on: December 27, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
blunt fakies

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #1209 on: December 27, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »
switch frontside tailslides and switch front tail frontside reverts on banks

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #1210 on: December 27, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
Back smith on transition.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #1211 on: December 27, 2009, 11:17:47 PM »
nollie laser flips.

Anybody have any tips on fs crooks?  I either stop or shoot out as soon as my front truck hits the ledge.
put your weight on top of the wheel that's on top of the ledge.

Rihardslol

« Reply #1212 on: December 28, 2009, 01:59:14 AM »
Fakie 5-0's (looks like a switch nosegrind) Am I calling it right?

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1213 on: December 28, 2009, 02:17:13 AM »
nollie laser flips.

Expand Quote
[close]
put your weight on top of the wheel that's on top of the ledge.
this trick is impossible.

Rihardslol

« Reply #1214 on: December 28, 2009, 03:25:10 AM »

I learned them first going on fs nosegrind and than tweaking it out, it worked that way. I actually learned it from a tricktip, can't find it anymore.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1215 on: December 28, 2009, 05:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, I could see that... I'm lucky in the respect that my buddy and I do these little "theme" sessions, be it just cruising, spot hunting, manny pads, or whatever... we spent 1/2 our session just skating switch, and it's rad with him because we're both at the same place and age so we look regular together, haha.

Expand Quote
[close]
I dig it all, but my biggest problem is I always forget what stance people are (people on video at least) and forget that what I just saw was switch because so many dudes are just fluent as hell either way they go. My same homie mentioned earlier and I were talking about Rodney's interview... stance-less will eventually be the norm. From watching a lot of the local kids to the big videos, it just looks like the next subtle evolution of skating. It's like our boards became ambidextrous after the 80's and now the people that ride them are catching (and in some cases have) caught up.

HAHAH! Dave has the same exact problem! You've no idea how much shit i give him, any time he opens his mouth about a video that just came out, he's wrong. Gotta give him a big "noooo, dave, he's regular footed". It wouldn't even matter if he were just some fuck, but he's been skating for probably +20 years and it's awesome to catch him fumble on something so elementary to me.

I really need to knock it off, though. I can see his mood in general has dampered since I've begun my assault on his alzheimer's.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #1216 on: December 31, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I learned them first going on fs nosegrind and than tweaking it out, it worked that way. I actually learned it from a tricktip, can't find it anymore.
they look better if you just jump right into them. As the other dude said, try to land with your weight on the wheel. so you only grind with the tip of the truck. Probably easier with loose trucks

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1217 on: December 31, 2009, 07:54:56 AM »
people who suck at switch shouldnt skate switch.
ONTARIO CANADA

Demolition Derby

« Reply #1218 on: December 31, 2009, 08:20:11 AM »
tic tacs and ollies

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #1219 on: December 31, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »
Frontisde hurricanes on flatbars to fakie. Really want to come back out to regular, but I can't really get my body to do that.

Nollie noseblunts on flatbars.

As a goof-off thing, every now and then I try to land every trick like Darrell Stanton would, with my ass about six inches off of the ground. It's impossible. This is something I would very much like to learn, just because it's a super fun way to land everything.

LURMWOOD

• Rep: -26
« Reply #1220 on: December 31, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
"As a goof-off thing, every now and then I try to land every trick like Darrell Stanton would, with my ass about six inches off of the ground. It's impossible. This is something I would very much like to learn, just because it's a super fun way to land everything."

Try doing a trick off something higher than your knee, that will make it easier for you faked squat landings.

HoneyBear

« Reply #1221 on: December 31, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
shitty frontside heels,like illusion front heels

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #1222 on: December 31, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
front lip to front 5-0 180 out, front lip to front 5-0 front shove out. had a good dork around on a ledge session last night because we forgot it was biker night at the indoor and thats all we could skate at the time...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1223 on: December 31, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
they look better if you just jump right into them. As the other dude said, try to land with your weight on the wheel. so you only grind with the tip of the truck. Probably easier with loose trucks
I just might force myself to relearn this trick.  Currently trying to regain back heels.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1224 on: December 31, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »
Fakie Noseblunt...or maybe Fakie BS Blunt?  The Fakie version of a Nollie FS Noseblunt.  On a flatbar in a tiny basement.  I was stoked!!!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1225 on: December 31, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
landed a rick flip and a big flip the other day. haven't landed either since. booya

Tonys Got It 719

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1226 on: January 02, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
Got three new ledge tricks.

Crook to back smith

Front lip to front board

Smith frontside flip

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #1227 on: January 02, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »
half cab back 5050s, hopin to learn it back 5-0 or nosegrind soon.

just_peysa

« Reply #1228 on: January 03, 2010, 12:11:52 AM »
switch double heelflips

on lock

clamy

« Reply #1229 on: January 03, 2010, 02:29:17 AM »
Nollie crooks

So stoked cause i did them mid ledge and i can't even pop out of a normal crook.