Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448157 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #2460 on: January 23, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
Frontside Crooked grinds. Just gotta get them a little more consistent and longer. A lot of times I will try to do a front nose and end up doing a front crook or I will try to do a front crook and do a front nose. It's a little annoying sometimes.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2461 on: January 24, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
Weird, I came in here to post about that trick too. Mine goes into a nosegrind sometimes. Fun trick but its 1/10 for me.

Cooner66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #2462 on: January 24, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »
also been gettin busy with the front crooks lately, althought i dont consider it a front crook unless its really bending the truck and putting weight down on that wheel.. or else it jus looks whack.. take notes from Jon Allie, Ryan Gallant, Nate Roline, etc...

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2463 on: January 24, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »
Weird, I came in here to post about that trick too. Mine goes into a nosegrind sometimes. Fun trick but its 1/10 for me.
Yeah I think my front crooks go into a noseslide sometimes because I'm not getting over the rail sometimes. I end up just bashing my nose against the side of the rail hoping that my wheel will catch the rail.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:05:27 PM by BraveUlysses »

trolltoll

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2464 on: January 24, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »
jelly.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #2465 on: January 25, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah I think my front crooks go into a noseslide sometimes because I'm not getting over the rail sometimes. I end up just bashing my nose against the side of the rail hoping that my wheel will catch the rail.

It might help to think fs nosegrind when you pop onto the ledge, curb etc.. and then tweak it out to fs crooks. Looks pretty good when you do it "right" to.

I recently learned how to do fs shuvs down shit. Dont know why I havent tried them before.. Its fun as fuck

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2466 on: January 28, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
Played a game of skate with a dude at the park yesterday and was matching a helipop, but I popped mine a lot harder than normal and wound up nearly spinning the whole thing and just pivoted a little on landing. After the game I kept fucking with them and got three legit bs 360 nollies on flat.

...now to see if they're going to stay a trick or elude the fuck out of me from here on out.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2467 on: January 28, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It might help to think fs nosegrind when you pop onto the ledge, curb etc.. and then tweak it out to fs crooks
. Looks pretty good when you do it "right" to.

I recently learned how to do fs shuvs down shit. Dont know why I havent tried them before.. Its fun as fuck
I did that yesterday and landed one on my friend's rail within a few tries. I also realized the reason I was landing in a noseslide sometimes is because I was going at it at an angle.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #2468 on: February 22, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
finally got nollie flips and now getting close to nollie backside flips!

bandini

« Reply #2469 on: February 22, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »
Was dicking around on flat & realized it had been awhile since I'd learned a new flip trick, so worked on fakie fs heelflips for about a half hour & landed a few good ones by the end. That trick turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would for some reason.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2470 on: February 22, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
front crook pop out

victor333

« Reply #2471 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
Bigspin flip.

I tried a couple months ago - kind of dicking around - to get fakie big flips. I could never even really get close; I had no control over them.

Then, maybe a month ago, I tried them again, and I got one within, maybe, 15 tries. I realized when I first started trying them, I was throwing them WAY too hard. If you just put a little flick into it, it'll spin; it's such a gentle trick.

Then a couple weeks ago, I said fuck it, and just tried a regular big flip. I was surprised how simple they were. You have to put a little more effort into getting it to spin and it's harder to spot your landing, but it's really not too difficult.

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #2472 on: February 29, 2012, 06:53:24 AM »

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2473 on: March 02, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
Got nollie flips consistently now so I started going for nollie bs flips today and got a few.

Also landed an ever elusive hardflip, switch flips in transition and tailslides on this awkward high ledge.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2474 on: March 02, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »
Did my first polejam and learned fakie 5050s.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #2475 on: March 02, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »
Just learned and now trying to solidify

fakie 5-0
nollie nosegrind
switch nosegrind

can't do any of them much besides shin-high ledges but they're a comin'
MN -> IL

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #2476 on: March 02, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »
i just learned switch fs 50-50s on this fat red curb yesterday (it's like twice the size of a regular curb. hey fuck you, this was a big deal for me, okay?)

i also just started getting fs tailsides and fs 180 nosegrinds, 180 out back. finally kinda figured out how to do slappies (used to be scared of them, but they're not that intimidating once you just go for it.)

feels good.

oh, and i'm relearning nollie heels. getting tricks back can be a major pain in the ass though.

(i really want to learn wallrides and 180 no complys this year. any tips on how i can master these SLAP classics?)

smellyfart

« Reply #2477 on: March 02, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »
i just learned switch fs 50-50s on this fat red curb yesterday (it's like twice the size of a regular curb. hey fuck you, this was a big deal for me, okay?)

i also just started getting fs tailsides and fs 180 nosegrinds, 180 out back. finally kinda figured out how to do slappies (used to be scared of them, but they're not that intimidating once you just go for it.)

feels good.

oh, and i'm relearning nollie heels. getting tricks back can be a major pain in the ass though.

(i really want to learn wallrides and 180 no complys this year. any tips on how i can master these SLAP classics?)
nice! that trick is so sick. especially back to regular. as for wallrides. act like you were going to carve a bowl or do a kickturn. also, having your weight centered but a little forward when coming out is key and just let your front foot guide the board as the back foot controls it. i learned them on bank to walls first then after it became easier doing them on regular walls made more sense.

yesterday i learned a new one, not really sure how to say it but its like front board and the board goes back to regular but my body does a bs body varial as if i were to land a front board fakie.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2478 on: March 02, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
Fakie 5050s are a badass trick. Landed a few inward heelflips today, first really new flip trick in a while.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2479 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »
backside airs, no grab, on stuff that has some vert and a lip to it.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2480 on: March 22, 2012, 05:40:44 AM »
bs shifties y'all

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2481 on: March 22, 2012, 06:10:28 AM »
switch frontside 180 heelflip

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2482 on: March 22, 2012, 06:22:48 AM »
did a few smithgrinds the other day, wouldn't consider them learned yet.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2483 on: March 22, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Fakie 5050s are a badass trick. Landed a few inward heelflips today, first really new flip trick in a while.

hoping you mean fakie to sw bs 5050
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2484 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hoping you mean fakie to sw bs 5050

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #2485 on: March 22, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
Kickflip out of a manual.

I'm trying to get my tech game up.

360flip/hardflip out is next on my list.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #2486 on: March 22, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »
no comply impossible to front 5050

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #2487 on: March 22, 2012, 12:38:15 PM »

Jealous about the switch f/s 50-50 (I really want to get switch 50-50s both ways down).

For the f/s 180 no comply, my advice is to first learn no comply front shoves. Then, from there it becomes easier to start turning your shoulders with the board. So put your foot on the tail so the inside edge of your foot is at the start of the pocket and your front foot is over your front bolts. Start turning your shoulders frontside. Step to the side and a little bit forward, making sure to step a good distance to the side so your board has room to turn. Then jump and land on your board. Sometimes when you do a frontside 180 no comply, your board will move in front of you a lot, but I actually kind of like that because it feels pretty cool to be able to pull the board back to you so easily.

NOW, for the b/s 180 no comply, I actually couldn't do these until after I learned how to do b/s 360 no complys. It's basically the same philosophy as the f/s 180 no comply, except you have your front toes hanging off the board, your back foot is slightly further from the pocket, and you have to step forward a little more. Again, make sure to step far enough away from the board so it can turn completely. If you just want to do 180, you don't have to turn your shoulders as much as you'd think. Turning your shoulders will cause your board to go 270-ish, but then you can pivot the rest of the 360 and boom! For me, the b/s 180 feels more like a "pop and jump" then the f/s 180's "scoop and turn." This is really hard to describe if you can't do the b/s 360 no comply, so I would definitely suggest getting an idea of how to do those.

victor333

« Reply #2488 on: March 22, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »
Helipop...(nollie bs 360)

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2489 on: March 22, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
no comply frontside biggerspin, or no comply 360 bigspin, whatever the fuck you call it. all I know is it does a no comply 360 with an extra shove it.

I've almost got nollie backside flips and fakie hardflips too.