Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448564 times)

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4170 on: January 14, 2018, 09:16:57 PM »
Was out in the wild the other day n found a ledge which are like endangered species nowadays.

Did one 20 years ago and for some reason never tried another one since. First try fakie to switch fs crooks, grinded a bit of it, then popped the shit outta it to fakie an rolled away.

Tried to land another one for the next half hour, couldn't do it, then called it a day.

Never been able to nollie kickflip well or at all untill recently, past few sessions though I've been drunk off my ass an just threw em out like nothing in between other moves.

Would really like to noseblunt from the side of the ledge sometime before I die...

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4171 on: January 14, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
I would say fakie manny. I figured out the basics of it and have been working on a few different variations; front feeble to front board to fake manny out (sometimes to manny revert out) on curbs/tiny ledges, manny rock to fakie manny out on small not so steep banks...nose stall (soon to be nose slides) to fakie manny out on curbs...
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #4172 on: January 30, 2018, 10:59:38 PM »
multiple new learna at the park last night, nollie fronstside 5.0 back 180 out, fakie bigflip manny and back 3 kickys over a hip. stoked

Hauntedfortressofdoom

« Reply #4173 on: January 31, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »
Nollie bs bigspins. Super easy, but I never really popped them and caught them properly until a day or two ago.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4174 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:13 PM »
Trying to learn impossibles, pretty much just did a bunch of 3 shuvs. Any tips on keeping your back foot on?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4175 on: February 02, 2018, 12:53:47 AM »
Trying to learn impossibles, pretty much just did a bunch of 3 shuvs. Any tips on keeping your back foot on?
learn the no comply/ step off version to get the wrap right? back in the day day dudes would even do the ollie version with their front foot right up above the front bolts to encourage more wrappage

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #4176 on: February 04, 2018, 12:32:17 PM »

you're probably trying to pop and scoop when you really shouldn't think of the trick as a pop shove-it styled move. start with your back foot across the entire width of the tail, perpendicular to the board - by all means, not like you would for a 360 flip or 360 shove. front foot goes wherever you'll be able to get it out of the way easily. then you have to build some pressure then take your front foot off like you would for a no-comply except instead of sliding your foot off and putting it down, you suck your front knee up and lift your foot straight upward - literally in a vertical motion, no ankle flick like you might be tempted to do if you're used to 360 flips, keep your foot flat and just lift your leg up. ollie impossible term is a bit misleading because I wouldn't say you actually ollie for that trick, you just jump like you would for a pressure flip. back foot pops straight down and does not swipe sideways, or at least not until you can feel the board getting upside down on your foot and even then you should focus on trying to achieve a vertical motion. as soon as you can feel the board on your toes just suck your back foot up (so it almost meets your front foot) and with the right timing the board should complete the wrap. if you face the direction you're going before you pop (with open shoulders) and don't move your upper body then you should be able to stay over the board and catch it easily. hope this helps

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #4177 on: February 04, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
Got a couple kickflip back disasters on the 'mini' mini a couple days ago, pretty happy about that but still have to take it to something bigger, maybe time for a trip to the testicle shop.

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4178 on: February 05, 2018, 12:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you're probably trying to pop and scoop when you really shouldn't think of the trick as a pop shove-it styled move. start with your back foot across the entire width of the tail, perpendicular to the board - by all means, not like you would for a 360 flip or 360 shove. front foot goes wherever you'll be able to get it out of the way easily. then you have to build some pressure then take your front foot off like you would for a no-comply except instead of sliding your foot off and putting it down, you suck your front knee up and lift your foot straight upward - literally in a vertical motion, no ankle flick like you might be tempted to do if you're used to 360 flips, keep your foot flat and just lift your leg up. ollie impossible term is a bit misleading because I wouldn't say you actually ollie for that trick, you just jump like you would for a pressure flip. back foot pops straight down and does not swipe sideways, or at least not until you can feel the board getting upside down on your foot and even then you should focus on trying to achieve a vertical motion. as soon as you can feel the board on your toes just suck your back foot up (so it almost meets your front foot) and with the right timing the board should complete the wrap. if you face the direction you're going before you pop (with open shoulders) and don't move your upper body then you should be able to stay over the board and catch it easily. hope this helps

That was a beautiful, in depth explanation.  Thank you.

Nbspliff2

• Rep: 1
  • Fuck It
« Reply #4179 on: February 05, 2018, 01:11:33 AM »
Finally learned proper Fs Bigspin

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4180 on: February 05, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »
backside no-comply 5-0 backside 180 out but I don't really stand on the grind so it probably looks worse than you think. think Ocean Howell's iPath promo wallride trick, just with the back truck on the top of the ledge

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #4181 on: February 05, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
crookeds on a little steep bank where i ollie into them from flat and then kinda drop into the bank like i would from a nosepick on a quarterpipe, hard to explain but really fun
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #4182 on: February 21, 2018, 12:19:05 PM »
Been a while since anyone posted on this thread but yesterday I learned fakie front 5-0 front shove out.  Didn't take too long so I'm hyped on that.  I also landed two nollie front 3s which I've been trying to get more consistent with. 

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4183 on: February 22, 2018, 03:11:48 PM »
sw barley grind b/s 180 out and a few other variations. super fun, maybe kind of gross ? I was trying to hold them and do them with a good pose fully extending the front leg all the while leaning back over the truck, so it's not exactly like sw boardslide 270 out. it works a lot like sw 180 manny 180 out. b/s 360 out would look crazy. I wonder how many people have done halfcab into that trick before, probably a lot
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:14:42 PM by silhouette »

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #4184 on: February 22, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
kind act like a pressure flip

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #4185 on: February 23, 2018, 07:30:36 AM »
I did my first handrail at 30 front board to refs and fakie. Feels sketchy.

ungzilla

« Reply #4186 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »
hell yea man, i will be looking forward to your impending all handrail part

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #4187 on: March 31, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »
managed to land a clean fakie flip sw bs crooks
today. stoked. now finally off to nollie flip crooks.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4188 on: March 31, 2018, 01:35:36 PM »
Landed a few mollie F/S crook, not the best but felt cool

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #4189 on: March 31, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
air walk slaps , like hit a wall while you air walk

potato to wallcrawl

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4190 on: April 01, 2018, 10:22:14 AM »
tailblock

fuckin easy to slip out on

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4191 on: April 01, 2018, 10:27:22 AM »
tailblock

fuckin easy to slip out on

I dislocated my shoulder with that one.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #4192 on: April 01, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »
varial heelflips, i finally understand how to make the board flip under me and not behind me while doing this trick
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4193 on: April 01, 2018, 12:53:08 PM »
varial heelflips, i finally understand how to make the board flip under me and not behind me while doing this trick

Care to enlighten us? I've never been able to figure that out
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4194 on: April 02, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
I did a switch nose manny across a long manual pad the other week. I had done a fakie Ollie into one years ago but never just gone straight up switch and it was kind of a tall curb too. Needless to say, made it and was like yay now I can do these this will be fun and tried it on a shorter manual pad and clipped and stumbled and fell off onto my shoulder like an idiot. Going to stay in the realm of longer surface areas for that one from now on.

Also same sesh as the make of the switch nasal I did a front side nosemanualwallride thing to nollie front shove out. Sadly on camera it looked kinda blurry and everyone thought it was just a shove it where I kinda landed on the wall or something
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #4195 on: April 02, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »
kickflip front blunt on a little flat bar first try. That never happens. Had to do "two to make it true" and landed another a couple tries later, only to try and film a third one that took much too long.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #4196 on: April 02, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »
proper switch front 180s, the Stevie pop shove rewind, but nollie, and finally figured out back tails, which is fucking embarrassing to admit at 27.

shark tits

« Reply #4197 on: May 14, 2018, 05:07:44 PM »
i went over the rainbow rail switch.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4198 on: May 14, 2018, 05:57:54 PM »
i landed a couple nollie back 3s this weekend, well, 270 to pivot
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #4199 on: May 14, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
Kickflip nosemanuals.
Boardslide yankovers- even filmed one at a real spot this weekend and im stoked about it!