Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448153 times)

streetsoup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4260 on: July 02, 2018, 10:35:14 AM »
Bigspin front blunt on flatbars.
Was one of those things I felt like I could do but wasn't sure, then ended up being a lot easier than I had expected.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4261 on: July 19, 2018, 07:21:07 AM »
Learned heelflip front noseslide to fakie the other day and landed a fakie frontside crooked grind on a fluke while trying fakie back tail. Also, front tail front shuv out. All of which took an excruciatingly long amount of time to land.
It has been a good week.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:23:45 AM by Blind Fisherman »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4262 on: July 19, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
  I go up a mellow bank backwards. When I start to roll down do a back 360 ollie.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Rulla_lauta

« Reply #4263 on: July 20, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
Fs Hurricane on ledge

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4264 on: July 31, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
   I learned half cab flips lately so they don't look gross and today I realized I never tried slide big spins so I learned them and there super fun.

yourlocalsk8bum

• Rep: -40
« Reply #4265 on: July 31, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
Fakie Half-Cab No-Comply, Switch Treflip

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4266 on: August 06, 2018, 04:30:18 AM »
fs feeble bs 270 on tranny, think i could prolly learn hurricanes

switchbs180

« Reply #4267 on: August 06, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »
front board to fakie on a flatrail and something I'm not sure what it's called. going fakie up a quarterpipe, do a little bonk with the back wheels and land in a switch rock. is it a fakie disaster or what is it called?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4268 on: August 06, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »
front board to fakie on a flatrail and something I'm not sure what it's called. going fakie up a quarterpipe, do a little bonk with the back wheels and land in a switch rock. is it a fakie disaster or what is it called?

heard a bunch of shit for that, usually fakie disaster, rock/pop rock, hangup etc. fun when you can pop them high and also easy to learn fakie flips on tranny from that

itchysutnack

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4269 on: August 06, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »
Front smith pop over on round bars, shits hard to find that spot
Was that switch?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #4270 on: August 06, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »
I've had this trick in mind for quite awhile but haven't found the right spine to try it on, but I did a fakie smith transfer to fakie. So basically you get into a fakie smith and then go over as if you were doing a feeble fakie on the other side.

I also did a switch 180 manny on a small pad the other day. Pretty rudimentary trick, but I suck at manuals and never really tried them, so I'm hyped.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4271 on: August 11, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
  I'm starting to learn mini ramp backside ollies.  -Super fun

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #4272 on: August 11, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »
I learned how to kick flip a 10-inch Auby Taylor hammer head
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4273 on: August 11, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »
Back heels. I may have already had em 10 years ago I can’t remember but it’s new to me now.

Learned back feebles on banks. They look terrible so far.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #4274 on: August 11, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
Switch No Comply 180's last night, and I hate no comply's.

Learned them to spite everyone.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #4275 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:36 AM »
Took me about 15 years to start like skating transition and now this past week I think I have finally got it how skate it.. Feels pretty cool.. Never done a 5-0 to fakie in tranny and just one day I figured how you have to lock in on everything and now all of a sudden I can do them in any stance and also the same goes for nosegrinds/crookeds too..

Skating is so weird, you have never done something but when you try it and do it you think why have I never done this before because it felt so easy..

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4276 on: August 12, 2018, 01:00:18 PM »
Skating is so weird, you have never done something but when you try it and do it you think why have I never done this before because it felt so easy..

So true. It almost bums me out when I think about it.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4277 on: August 12, 2018, 01:45:38 PM »
It shouldn't bum you out; it should get you stoked and encourage you to keep trying new things and thinking of new things to try, if anything. Technically you can do whatever you want on a skateboard, the only condition is you just have to actually try it first, see how it works and then figure it out. It keeps hitting me how humans in general tend to be so lazy as far as going through the process of actually materializing their ideas; a lot of them have very brillant thoughts, but besides talking about them they most often never really do shit and it all remains just talk forever. Skateboarding is no exception and the more I grow up, the more I realize how much of a limited and precious window of time skating is in our lives, so we need to exploit that time to its fullest while it lasts because you don't want to turn into that old guy with regrets about tricks they never actually made the effort to materialize, and only ever talked about. Whenever you get a new trick idea, it's quite motivating to realize nobody else is going to do it for you or make it look like the way you picture it, so if you really want to see it you're going to have to get off your ass and do it yourself. Then that's when you love it when shit comes easy. At least that's the way I approach it.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4278 on: August 12, 2018, 01:55:42 PM »
It shouldn't bum you out; it should get you stoked and encourage you to keep trying new things and thinking of new things to try, if anything. Technically you can do whatever you want on a skateboard, the only condition is you just have to actually try it first, see how it works and then figure it out. It keeps hitting me how humans in general tend to be so lazy as far as going through the process of actually materializing their ideas; a lot of them have very brillant thoughts, but besides talking about them they most often never really do shit and it all remains just talk forever. Skateboarding is no exception and the more I grow up, the more I realize how much of a limited and precious window of time skating is in our lives, so we need to exploit that time to its fullest while it lasts because you don't want to turn into that old guy with regrets about tricks they never actually made the effort to materialize, and only ever talked about. Whenever you get a new trick idea, it's quite motivating to realize nobody else is going to do it for you or make it look like the way you picture it, so if you really want to see it you're going to have to get off your ass and do it yourself. Then that's when you love it when shit comes easy. At least that's the way I approach it.

No no, you're totally right. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I just started skating switch at 35. When I say it almost bums me out, I just mean that I wish I would have tried it sooner. Overall, it feels great and I am very hyped that I am still able to progress.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4279 on: August 12, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »
Ah yes I got you. But still, the 'I wish I had tried it sooner' line is exactly what I'm working on trying to avoid myself. I used to catch myself feeling like this a lot, being pleasantly surprised every time I actually battled that thought process and eventually I realized I could just fucking fight it all the time. It's super rad you're finally figuring switch out because you deserve to experience it as it's a lot of fun. I'm merely just commenting on how everything one can think of doing on a skateboard can happen just as easily; in reality there's no time to waste not trying shit. In skateboarding, words are dead ideas. I think it's a form of maturity to develop in order to progress (if you're trying to push your skating) and the thought of how limited the part of your lifetime that is skate time is I find adds to the rush, and gives you new perspectives on why you should do your trick and makes you want it a lot more. Just stuff I like pondering.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #4280 on: August 13, 2018, 02:26:19 AM »

This is so on point! You never know what there is if don't search and try! Goes for everything else too.. I was living inside of my head for a good part of the past two years and none of my big ideas didn't materialize because of it and now I changed my point of view to be more active and to try things even if they fail and I couldn't be more happy!

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4281 on: August 13, 2018, 10:24:06 AM »
front crooks, pop out to regular! super stoked on dialing these in in the coming weeks.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #4282 on: August 13, 2018, 11:37:02 PM »
duno why id neveR tried back tail shuvs before, feels good. need to get a longer slide on it next time

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmN0xWAl12C/?taken-by=andersvonblack
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:01:14 AM by dirtyweemidden »

fartface

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4283 on: August 17, 2018, 03:11:59 AM »
I relearned half cab flip the other day.
"Childhood diabetes on lock"

BRIX SKWIKZ

• Rep: -84
« Reply #4284 on: September 03, 2018, 07:06:18 AM »
DOUBLEFLIPS >:(

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #4285 on: September 03, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »
Fakie 270 back smith on a quarter. I was trying to hype myself to try a cab back disaster but got into tail a couple times, so I might try to just do that.

suprisebuttsex

• Rep: -7
« Reply #4286 on: September 03, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »
Switch varial flip

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4287 on: September 03, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »
This old dog can still learn new tricks. Don't know the name though, friend said it's called nose blink. Is that right? So you go to the block and bash your nose then pop on top of the block in one fluid motion. Since I learned the mechanics of that, I also learned noseslide to crooked grind and nose to boardslide to fakie. Next one I'm working on is FS nose to FS 50-50.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #4288 on: September 03, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
This old dog can still learn new tricks. Don't know the name though, friend said it's called nose blink. Is that right? So you go to the block and bash your nose then pop on top of the block in one fluid motion. Since I learned the mechanics of that, I also learned noseslide to crooked grind and nose to boardslide to fakie. Next one I'm working on is FS nose to FS 50-50.
called a doublesteverburger

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #4289 on: September 08, 2018, 06:41:46 AM »
learned nollie fs noseslides on a ledge. i did one on it like 20 yrs ago [fast, to regs] but could never recreate the success.
had em on curbs w/ rusty so that's been a few yrs i've been doing em but finally tried em on a small ledge yesterday. fun and they make regular nollie noseslides easier somehow.