Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 448183 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
Did and wont ever land again: nollie b/s 360 bigspin

nollie bigger spin?

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Did and wont ever land again: nollie b/s 360 bigspin
[close]

nollie bigger spin?

yup.

bothersome

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
I landed a switch bigflip first try messing around in skate the other night........it felt nice on account of I'd spent a lot of time off and on trying them over the past year or so........

and a sketchy nollie fullcab flip the next day......

too bad mostly all I skate is flatground,  I wish I could do some of the ledge tricks mentioned but ive only got the very basics....
I'm the same way, lately I've been getting up early before going to the shop and run through my tricks i have.
I have this fear of losing everything I have so I'm constantly playing this perpetual game of skate with myself.
I am always jealous of the people that have 40 ledge tricks.

terve

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2007, 11:40:25 AM »
bs nosegrind 180 out...and now i'm landing them allmost every try.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 11:44:11 AM »
Expand Quote
I landed a switch bigflip first try messing around in skate the other night........it felt nice on account of I'd spent a lot of time off and on trying them over the past year or so........

too bad mostly all I skate is flatground,  I wish I could do some of the ledge tricks mentioned but ive only got the very basics....
[close]
I'm the same way, lately I've been getting up early before going to the shop and run through my tricks i have.
I have this fear of losing everything I have so I'm constantly playing this perpetual game of skate with myself.

i just wanted to strt a new topic today about what consistecy means to you - i tried to do all my flatground tricks today but sooner or later you come to a certain trick that you just can't do that day... and i began wondering if i did the same thing every session, would i get all the basics on lock (what are basics anyway) or would i just loose a too much fucking time to do new stuff...

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2007, 12:13:27 PM »
I very rarely skate flat ground anymore.

KeepOnPushing

• Rep: -5
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
switch krooks on tranny
switch hardflips

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »
Good frontside shoves. Feel so nice.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2007, 12:26:23 PM »
nollie shuv back d.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -96
  • tae-tae
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
^^ true that

learned blunt to fakies yesterday, suddenly, on transition that is
also switch tre's on flat.

and a lot of shit on the spine
ohyeahohyeah

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »
switch krooks on tranny

learned those recently. pretty easy if you don't ollie into them and come in regular instead of fakie.

how you doing them?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2007, 12:36:17 PM »
The last thing I learned that I got hyped on was frontside rocks. Now that's all I want to do. best trick EVER.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2007, 12:36:40 PM »
Expand Quote
switch krooks on tranny
[close]

learned those recently. pretty easy if you don't ollie into them and come in regular instead of fakie.

how you doing them?

If you learn to roll these back in fakie, reverting in isnt that far out of reach.

KeepOnPushing

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote
switch krooks on tranny
[close]

how you doing them?

same way. no ollie and come in forward. i tried learning them to fakie to but im bad at fakie pivots and its kind of the same thing

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
switch krooks on tranny
[close]

how you doing them?
[close]

same way. no ollie and come in forward. i tried learning them to fakie to but im bad at fakie pivots and its kind of the same thing

it's even a little harder because your board is in a crook postion instead of a five 0, but definitely a fun ass trick. have you ever tried throwing a bs revert into it? it feels so natural but i can't roll away from them because my pussy hurts too bad when I try them.

The last thing I learned that I got hyped on was frontside rocks. Now that's all I want to do. best trick EVER.

finally learned those a few months ago and still have trouble keeping my speed but yeah, one of the best tricks. thinking about trying to slide them like a front board on tranny but that shits so weird.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2007, 12:49:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hah i just got back from doing that in some parking lot......now I have to shower and go to work.....flatground is really fun
I tried playing myself skate for a bit like somebody mentioned above but ended up just getting kind of bored....
yeah ledge tricks are pretty rough,  I used to have a couple of boardslide variations on ledges until I got big soft sticky wheels that just grab on and mess you up.....

also,  I learned nollie big heels today on account of  my buddy beat me with one in skate the other day

kraftwerk,  watch yer back,  im gunnin 4 U :P

wheee!

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »
switch no comply pivot 8)

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i just wanted to strt a new topic today about what consistecy means to you - i tried to do all my flatground tricks today but sooner or later you come to a certain trick that you just can't do that day... and i began wondering if i did the same thing every session, would i get all the basics on lock (what are basics anyway) or would i just loose a too much fucking time to do new stuff...
These days consistency seems to be the thing for me. The way I usually skate is I pick a line, say 4 or 5 tricks that I know I can do, a couple of ledge tricks and a couple of flat things and work on that. When I make it, I pick another line. I know that it keeps me from trying new stuff but I get the most kicks from things I know I can land and with decent speed. Pretty much every session I have a few new things on my mind that I'll try, but if they don't catch on right away I'll go to tricks that I can do. I just don't have the drive and the patience.

Back to the original topic, my last new trick? Can't even remember. But it had to be a slight variation from one of my old tricks.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2007, 01:50:23 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

finally learned those a few months ago and still have trouble keeping my speed but yeah, one of the best tricks. thinking about trying to slide them like a front board on tranny but that shits so weird.

Yeah, I need to work on keeping my speed a little better, I figure the quicker and tighter I can turn it the better I'll keep the momentum, and that will just come with practice. Like I said earlier, I LOVE practicing them.
I too have been messing with the frontboard. I can kinda do them, but the board slides like 3 inches, so it needs work.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »
what's sick is turning backside insted of frontside going in from front r-n-r slides...
i've only ever seen a couple dudes do it, but DAMN!

chip

• Rep: 3
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »
just learned bs flips, by no means are they on lock.

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »
i didnt really LEARN this, i just did it one time. but i just did a bigspin fs board bigspin on my tiny flatbar. if you think its bullshit, heres the footy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9XCgTQe4lY

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »
messing around today i tried a nollie inward heelflip and was surprised how close i got.....within 20 minutes i had landed a nollie regular switch and fakie inward heel having never landed any of them before today
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

KeepOnPushing

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
switch krooks on tranny
[close]

how you doing them?
[close]

[close]

it's even a little harder because your board is in a crook postion instead of a five 0, but definitely a fun ass trick. have you ever tried throwing a bs revert into it? it feels so natural but i can't roll away from them because my pussy hurts too bad when I try them.

Expand Quote
[close]

haha nah i never have, but from the thoght of it i think my pussy might mess with me too

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2007, 05:23:56 PM »
i didnt really LEARN this, i just did it one time. but i just did a bigspin fs board bigspin on my tiny flatbar. if you think its bullshit, heres the footy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9XCgTQe4lY

i liked the bigflip board shove better.  put it back up!

Joshewuhh

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2007, 06:07:32 PM »
When I was in Florida in july, I learned back feeble/front smith spine transfers.

Have'nt skated a spine since then to see if I still got em.

bothersome

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
These days consistency seems to be the thing for me. The way I usually skate is I pick a line, say 4 or 5 tricks that I know I can do, a couple of ledge tricks and a couple of flat things and work on that. When I make it, I pick another line. I know that it keeps me from trying new stuff but I get the most kicks from things I know I can land and with decent speed. Pretty much every session I have a few new things on my mind that I'll try, but if they don't catch on right away I'll go to tricks that I can do. I just don't have the drive and the patience.

Back to the original topic, my last new trick? Can't even remember. But it had to be a slight variation from one of my old tricks.

yeah not even trying to toot my own horn but lately i can make it through all my basics without missing anything.
(fs shuv,pop shuv,kickflip,heelflip,treflip,varial flip,fakie fs and pop shuv,switch fs and pop shuv,fakie flip,,fakie tre,fakie heel,halfcab flip,bs flip)
its not often but the last 2 or 3 times ive landed like 10 tricks in a row and im wondering what the hell is going on.
when i get to the nollie or switch tricks then i get caught up in a certain one. I do have my holes though. I have no nollie or switch heel tricks  and i can mob the fuck out of a fs flip but they sure arent pretty or consistent. i wish i had some cooler switch tricks like hardflips or inward heels, but i just cant focus on that stuff too long. 

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2007, 09:30:25 PM »
barley skating these days with my apparent sciatica issues but a few days ago me and the lady went to the local park for a late night quarterpipe / fishing sesh and i learned sweepers to tail ( fs 180 nosegrab with back foot still on the board to tail, i think thats a sweeper) and caught a pretty big carp.

the trick felt real nice but going right back into the ramp felt scary, the fish was ugly and a carp so i threw him back

bothersome

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2007, 09:38:16 PM »
I've never seen a carp?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2007, 10:20:46 PM »
sweeper is front foot on...nose grab....back foot off...i do them on banks alot cause i'm too chickenshit to do them on tranny....i've done a few...it's a pretty scary trick....i found what really helps  is just talking yourself into them....