Author Topic: james joiner true love collective  (Read 4067 times)

norcal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
james joiner true love collective
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »
 Well first of all, I can't believe I have found people talking about him on here. I'm from norcal and can tell you he basically was run out of town here. If you look at his track history you will see he has never stayed in one town too long, and the reason is, he is a scam artist. The guy was here for about two years before everyone caught on to his game. He promised many things to people, and though some things came through, most did not. It seems he would add lies on top of lies and keep everyone thinking all was ok by lying and giving away free stuff. Eventually it all caught up and the money he took from people it seems was spent and then he left town. I think he was using the money to live off of. You see, he lived with his girlfriend and daughter, and his girlfriend did not work. I do feel bad for his kid but I think his girlfriend knows what is going on since she was present during some of the lying. He was fairly intellegent and could lie better than anyone I ever met. If you don't believe these thing, check him out for yourself. Check things like his contacts, last jobs, stuff like that. One of his lies was that he was working for a large skateboard company doing sales. When the truth came out, he was actually a "go for" the company, which is actually just a arrand boy. This and other lies were only the beginning. There are people here trying to track him down because he ows them thousands of dollars. And the more they look the more lies that are discovered. He even lies about things that don't really matter (personal stuff) just to make people think he is cool. But honestly, the funniest lie is about his skating. This guy can't even skate. Try to get him on a ramp or in a bowl. It won't happpen. BOTTOM LINE ON THIS GUY, DON'T BELIEVE A WORD HE SAYS WITHOUT VERIFYING IT. and by the way does anyone have a ph# or address?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
Re: james joiner true love collective
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
I'm not reading that shyt. Nice first post - kook'd

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:29:20 PM »
uhh

beeda weeda

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 01:32:36 PM »
Naw, he's cool, I just lent him $1500 bucks, he's paying me back tommorow

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »
Naw, he's cool, I just lent him $1500 bucks, he's paying me back tommorow

so gnar'd. lmsfao.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »
Well where'd he go? Hey read what I typed, peace out? Kook get back here and 'try' to explain yourself!
EP

moustache

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:00:33 PM »
Another day another James from True Love thread.... man am I glad I got my shit and my money, and don't have to worry about this dude anymore. I don't know what to believe, I just know there's so much going around, I don't even want to get in the mix. I'm glad I'm not a shop or a company looking for distribution where I'd actually have to care about this shit...

fahque

• Rep: 3
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »
Another day another James from True Love thread.... man am I glad I got my shit and my money, and don't have to worry about this dude anymore. I don't know what to believe, I just know there's so much going around, I don't even want to get in the mix. I'm glad I'm not a shop or a company looking for distribution where I'd actually have to care about this shit...
IM WITH MOUSTACHE ON THIS ONE...... over and done..  you too will believe the lies.. thats how good at it he is.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 06:03:23 PM »
Well first of all, I can't believe I have found people talking about him on here. I'm from norcal and can tell you he basically was run out of town here. If you look at his track history you will see he has never stayed in one town too long, and the reason is, he is a scam artist. The guy was here for about two years before everyone caught on to his game. He promised many things to people, and though some things came through, most did not. It seems he would add lies on top of lies and keep everyone thinking all was ok by lying and giving away free stuff. Eventually it all caught up and the money he took from people it seems was spent and then he left town. I think he was using the money to live off of. You see, he lived with his girlfriend and daughter, and his girlfriend did not work. I do feel bad for his kid but I think his girlfriend knows what is going on since she was present during some of the lying. He was fairly intellegent and could lie better than anyone I ever met. If you don't believe these thing, check him out for yourself. Check things like his contacts, last jobs, stuff like that. One of his lies was that he was working for a large skateboard company doing sales. When the truth came out, he was actually a "go for" the company, which is actually just a arrand boy. This and other lies were only the beginning. There are people here trying to track him down because he ows them thousands of dollars. And the more they look the more lies that are discovered. He even lies about things that don't really matter (personal stuff) just to make people think he is cool. But honestly, the funniest lie is about his skating. This guy can't even skate. Try to get him on a ramp or in a bowl. It won't happpen. BOTTOM LINE ON THIS GUY, DON'T BELIEVE A WORD HE SAYS WITHOUT VERIFYING IT. and by the way does anyone have a ph# or address?

This old chestnut...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 07:15:17 PM »
He's treated me right... flown me to Boston, drove me and the crew to Vermont (where I had the pleasure of meeting and skating with our very own Mike Fork), and sends me more gear than I can use. I'm not going to try to defend him on stuff I don't know about, since that isn't my place, but I can say that he's hooked me up and been nothing but cool. If he were to fuck me or the shop I represent over, I'll be the first to step up and say I was mistaken in my judgment, but he's been super proper and straight up with me.

Again, I'm not discounting your beef with him, I try to do my best to stay out of people's beefs. I can only speak for myself.

mikefork

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
He's treated me right... flown me to Boston, drove me and the crew to Vermont (where I had the pleasure of meeting and skating with our very own Mike Fork), and sends me more gear than I can use. I'm not going to try to defend him on stuff I don't know about, since that isn't my place, but I can say that he's hooked me up and been nothing but cool. If he were to fuck me or the shop I represent over, I'll be the first to step up and say I was mistaken in my judgment, but he's been super proper and straight up with me.

Again, I'm not discounting your beef with him, I try to do my best to stay out of people's beefs. I can only speak for myself.
i have to agree with what grim said. i was once almost stranded up in vermont and he offered to help out with a bus ticket back to boston, and earlier in the week he hooked it up with a new board, some wheels, and covered my contest entry fee

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 09:22:39 PM »
i come home after a long day of indusrty bullshit to a lengthy industry bullshit session on the internet. well todays a write off

SOFT 7

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »
I noticed Fos and Bratrud brought their shit to Markovich's deal.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »
No, Nagger... Not the time. People are fighting with typing right now.

Meta Skateboards

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 12:20:35 AM »

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 12:58:46 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=V5DRopynKXU&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DV5DRopynKXU

read between the lines,  Bgizzle is involved in this drama. 

he be on dat brown.

if shuttupbitch runs out of material,  this would be a great source to draw from.,

wheee!

georgecarr

• Rep: 6
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 07:20:30 AM »
I've heard that he get shops credit card #'s for things they purchase from him and then randomly uses the card #'s and runs up charges.  I know 2 shops that got scammed by this asshole.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 08:23:59 AM »
so does this guy own true love or something. if so whats jaymes take on it.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »
i don't know anything about anything but...he does seem to have un-naturally deep pockets with all of these free tickets, piles of free product, etc

seems a little weird

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27:16 AM »
he has a gay name

jf

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »

my take? same as grim,, james has been straight up with me,, my boards show up late but thats what happens when your boards have to fly across the country to get to you.. besides that, I think james is a great dude..

skaterboy2

• Rep: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »
Get a clue peoples, you will soon find out what a compulsive liar he really is....I found out first hand.  Yes I have experienced all the free stuff too, almost daily, then the lies started....and they never ended.  He screwed over a lot of people in Norcal, and they are after him, and I  guarantee they will find him.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »
My wife's best friends with him and spends a ton of time with him. She said he's totally trustworthy.

defiantnate

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 08:25:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my take? same as grim,, james has been straight up with me,, my boards show up late but thats what happens when your boards have to fly across the country to get to you.. besides that, I think james is a great dude..
Your packages come late? Is that why you were skating a zero board in one of your clips?

bothersome

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 08:31:24 AM »
I remember jayme saying that he was getting boxes from zero before he got hooked up with true love so im guessing it's older footy.

norcal

• Rep: -4
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 12:56:40 PM »
 Anybody who thinks this guy is trustwurthy is kidding themselves. The only way you could trust this guy is because you haven't checked into the stories he has told you. Ask him about the people he ripped off in norcal. Or why he left. I also know of a very weird story where he set up a trip to boston with two families and said they could stay at a house that was supposed to be a friend of the family. He was supposed to go with them and show them around. One story after another, and at the last moment said he would have to catch a different flight from them. Well, he never showed up in a whole week. Leaving the two families to figure out where they were and how to get to this house. If the two families were just a couple of guys it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. But this was two families with 4 young children that had no idea where to go or what to do. Good old James was supposed to be showing them around but pulled a no show instead. It also turned out that the house was not a friend of the family like james said it was, James actually paid to rent this house for the week. They still can't figure out why he did that, but needless to say, they were pissed that they brought their kids to the other side of the states and James never showed up. I,m telling you this guy is way out there and will rip you off. He has to pay for plane tickets and rental properties somehow and I know he is not making the money from selling boards. For those of you who say he has been strait up with you, I doubt it. He can't talk very long without lying. I'm just trying to warn you to be careful with your money and the people you care about with this guy. The free boards, wheels, pads, ect. do eventually come with a price. If he doesn't get it from you, He'll probably get it from one of your friends you introduced him to.   

kraftwerk

• Rep: 14
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »
aargh. yo Bay Boi, can you stop with the 'norcal'
first thing i picture when i read that phrase, are the hideous giant decals pervading the rear ends of Phat Truxx  all around these bayside locales.
chasing the dream

natenola

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »
yeah that dude would charge my friends shop's credit card for orders and never send them out, plus he gets shit from wooodshops on credit and never pays up. Thats why hes been on three woodshops since starting that company, everything about that dude is shady you can probably call p.s stix, chapman, or creative urethane and they'll tell you how much product he still owes them for.

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 01:54:43 PM »
James Joiner ran over my sister and raped my dog.