Author Topic: next years es' game of skate winner...  (Read 4820 times)

boyan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: next years es' game of skate winner...
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 06:33:57 AM »
It'll never stop amazing me how some people can do so many tricks but can't actually skate.

fact, basicly they suck then  ;D

Filho

• Rep: -5
    • Myspace avatar image
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 10:29:22 AM »
you guys are haters, that kid is rad as fuck. it dosent matter what he dresses like or what he calls the tricks he dose. it matters that he skates and thats it. when the fuck did doing switch lazer heels in amazing flatground lines stop being rad because of his shoes or shit. its skateboaring not fashion. people need to get their heads right and stop hating. i dare anyone who is hating to post a video of themselves with half of those tricks.

bothersome

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 11:35:12 AM »
the article on vibing in the new slap comes to mind.
skateboarding needs more assholes right now.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 11:37:52 AM »
you guys are haters, that kid is rad as fuck. it dosent matter what he dresses like or what he calls the tricks he dose. it matters that he skates and thats it. when the fuck did doing switch lazer heels in amazing flatground lines stop being rad because of his shoes or shit. its skateboaring not fashion. people need to get their heads right and stop hating. i dare anyone who is hating to post a video of themselves with half of those tricks.

sheckler is skating too, and he gets tons of hate  ::)

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 12:40:09 PM »

here are my complaints:
-why film youself skating flatground with no speed at all?
-okay, you wanted to see what your tricks look like or something, that's understood but why the fuck would you put it on youtube?!

and no, i've never done a switch laserflip but i dare that guy to take two more pushes before each trick.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

SeanaPaul

• Rep: 4
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »
Obviously the dude has some good board control, I'm just hating on the fact that so many kids place importance on learning as many tricks as possible, yet don't bother witht the fundamentals. It's a bit of a slap cliché to say I'd like to see him bomb a hill or whatever, but I seriously doubt he could skate down a hill confidently. In my book, if you can't skate around a city confidently, you're no good.
This is bizarre it is like he is just taking the Krew/Supra approach to marketing, but using it in his own pursuit of sponsorship letting the lifestyle shots do all the work.

Nadie

• Rep: 1
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »
I wouldn't knock this kid if he didn't film and act like he is worthwhile. But since he does, I am calling him a faggot.

what the

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »
boo hoo you guys are haters,yup,by the way when did lazers ever become cool kid,um never,mj did a good one leave it at that

Filho

• Myspace avatar image
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
yes sheckler is good at skateboarding, but hes a scram and he is a scram because of his personality and the way he carries himself. you dont know shit about that dudes personality. all you know is that he dose fucking flat ground tricks. skateboarders need to stop hating on skateboarders unless they are assholes or losers because of thier personality. we all skate weather you are good or not skill dosent matter as long as your fucking devoted and try.

what the

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 06:17:23 PM »
true but he sholud not be filming yet ,same goes with all kids till they have skill,skateboarding is not all about fame and money and trying to get sponsored

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »
he's got a sweet tic-tac.

and seanapaul, that avatar is fucking hilarious.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »
All you will stop laughing in 2010 when he will do all of those tricks down el toro..

too bad el toro will be ripped out well before then.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Filho

• Myspace avatar image
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 08:02:24 PM »
true but he sholud not be filming yet ,same goes with all kids till they have skill,skateboarding is not all about fame and money and trying to get sponsored

yes, until you reach a certain skill level and get youe stats up you cannont record skateboard tricks. thats ridiculous. and no body said anything about getting sposerd or fame but you. your a jock living in a skateboarders world. this isnt tony hawks pro skater. you dont have to get to level 8 to start filming. you can do whatever the fuck you want, whenever the fuck you want. enough skill pfffffffffffft kid would kick my ass and anyone elses ass in skate but that dosent matter. open your mind, smoke some weed and hangout with some friends. maybe then you will relax enough to stop hating for a second. but then again your friend might show you a home video of him learning how to walk and you will get upset because he didnt have enough walking skills to film it.

MRCK

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 02:54:31 AM »
This thread is full of outrageously ridiculous assumptions, accompagned with a pinch of blind elitism here and there, not to mention the plain hate and the garbage comments about my shoes or my friends that are so pathetically out of place that this is all the attention they will get.

I can understand part of the negative comments I'm getting though, for I actually do have knowledge of what skateboarding is 'meant to be' (at least according to some nostalgical, narrow-minded knowitalls), for having been skating for over than seven years myself and definitely having been through intense experiences with it. I don't think I have anything to prove to anyone, because as some said skateboarding is not a popularity contest and I usually couldn't give a damn about what others think as long as they don't try to frigging get in my way to prevent me from having the time of my life in the name of the restrictive standards their whole life probably revolves around (sadly), but to stop the madness and probably open a few minds I'll just expose the truth : I bomb hills on a daily basis, I spend most of my time on wheels cruising around, busting the fucking rad feeling tricks ollies, ollie one-foots, shoves of all kind, 360 flips and impossibles are at full speed (and to whoever's trying to judge me on the tricks I do and how I skate in general : you're a dumbass, I don't and will never skate for your personal entertainment, I'm doing it for my own enjoyment, if you want to feel something good from skating then go skate yourself and don't bitch). Yeah I do like having flatground sessions on that stinky parking lot in my neighborhood every now and then when I'm bored, and filming myself having fun just like most of you probably do with your own tricks (provided that you know how to get as much fun as me from the pure act of skateboarding of course), so what ? Does it make me less of a 'skater' in your eyes ? I don't care if I do, I would only fail to understand the logic behind it, and if you never ever mess around with your skateboard your sessions must feel awfully dull. Go watch Neil Blender and realize that skating can not be taken seriously. At least I don't, and if you have a problem with that then it's a pity, don't try to make it a problem for me. Yeah overly complex flatground tricks are fun to mess around with, even when they end up not looking particularly esthetically appealing (which I personally don't mind at all, I have an open approach to esthetics in art anyway) they're a way to have fun just like shredding a miniramp is fun, doing ollies over manholes in the middle of a downhill is fun (I did a really nice feeling one on my way home yesterday, I got massive air at full speed, it felt like I was flying, good time really... beat that ?), or perfecting your robotic style on switch kickies to nosewheelies / kickflip down the skatepark 7 is fun to you. Got a problem ?

How is it possible that he can do all those tricks and he can't even push? And he struggles with a sw fs ollie or a 360 shove it and in a second he does some crazy flip shit that I could never do to save my life. I'm not hating at all, I'm just puzzled.

I don't struggle with switch frontside ollies and 360 shoves at all. They may look forced because of my unconventional style, which I regret (yet is far from being enough to be what my life revolves around), but they're one of these tricks I can do pretty much everywhere I want. In a lot of cases videos aren't representative of someone's skating, this is the case here. I however do have bad style though, but what can I do.

yeah, if you are an idiot that thinks they invented a trick or their friend invented a trick that people already do

Too bad 360 kiwi flips and laser flips are different tricks, moral of the story : stop making assumptions and thinking that you're any brighter than the ones you criticize basing it on nothing but the ignorance you get from one-sided experiences on the Internet, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.

here are my complaints:
-why film youself skating flatground with no speed at all?
-okay, you wanted to see what your tricks look like or something, that's understood but why the fuck would you put it on youtube?!

and no, i've never done a switch laserflip but i dare that guy to take two more pushes before each trick.

- because I find it fun to mess around with funny flatground tricks every now and then, and not trying to look particularly good doing them, just doing them and not taking them seriously ;
- for the memories value, to share the fun I'm having with the world (or at least, those who find any form of interest in it, which I assume possible considering my amount of suscribers) and because I know a lot of people who are interested into tech flip tricks (especially freestylers) and like to watch my vids. That's pretty much how much complex it gets.

Also in my flatground sessions I don't feel the need to go at full speed because on such occasions it's pulling off the tricks that matter to me, the camera doesn't even matter, and what matters even less is what narrow-minded elitist pricks will think of it on the Internet.

I'm just hating on the fact that so many kids place importance on learning as many tricks as possible, yet don't bother witht the fundamentals. It's a bit of a slap cliché to say I'd like to see him bomb a hill or whatever, but I seriously doubt he could skate down a hill confidently. In my book, if you can't skate around a city confidently, you're no good.

Something I can agree with, I tend to have the same outlook and I've seen a lot of kids like that on YouTube, which gets the same feeling you're getting on a regular basis. However keep in mind that you're only basing your opinion on a flatground clip, you've never even skated with me in real life. If I had seen nothing of, let's say, Chris Cole (who may be a bad example, but you get the point) except from that éS Game of Skate clip with Alex Miruzov I wouldn't assume that all he can do is a pair of exotic flatground tricks at low speed with awkward style, now would I ?

I wouldn't knock this kid if he didn't film and act like he is worthwhile. But since he does, I am calling him a faggot.

Fuck your standards, have a good life.

boo hoo you guys are haters,yup,by the way when did lazers ever become cool kid,um never,mj did a good one leave it at that

You know how they call those who skate to be cool right ?

Kid propably lives somewhere in the middle of nothing, and that parkingplace with a poor flatground is the only spot to skate. I´ll give him credit for this cause his real, skates cause he likes it.
&
yes sheckler is good at skateboarding, but hes a scram and he is a scram because of his personality and the way he carries himself. you dont know shit about that dudes personality. all you know is that he dose fucking flat ground tricks. skateboarders need to stop hating on skateboarders unless they are assholes or losers because of thier personality. we all skate weather you are good or not skill dosent matter as long as your fucking devoted and try.

Thanks.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 03:00:49 AM »
nice try sanch
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2007, 04:21:45 AM »
Gentlemen, here are your coats...

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2007, 05:16:09 AM »
i feel bad for people that type that much, cause they go through all that hard work and i dont read it.

MRCK

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2007, 05:27:59 AM »
i feel bad for people that type that much, cause they go through all that hard work and i dont read it.

Ignorance is your choice, as long as you assume it it's no big deal.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2007, 05:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ignorance is your choice, as long as you assume it it's no big deal.

My choice is to not get into some bitter debate over a kid who filmed himself skating flatground.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »
i read the whole thing and i'd like to know how are we 'narrowminded elitist pricks'? if you post a clip of your skating on the internet where anyone can see it you must be aware that the feedback you get wont always be positive and you need to be ready to receive criticism as well.

most of the negative feedback (at least i tried to do so) is written in 'call it as you see it' way and not just hating for hatings sake. you should be able to ignore the 'what a fag' comments with no actual content and take the rest as constructive criticism.

that's all.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

Bad Mother Fucker

• Rep: 3
  • we're gonna be like Fonzies here... cool.
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »
ouch, that hurts my eyez.

MRCK

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »
i read the whole thing and i'd like to know how are we 'narrowminded elitist pricks'? if you post a clip of your skating on the internet where anyone can see it you must be aware that the feedback you get wont always be positive and you need to be ready to receive criticism as well.

most of the negative feedback (at least i tried to do so) is written in 'call it as you see it' way and not just hating for hatings sake. you should be able to ignore the 'what a fag' comments with no actual content and take the rest as constructive criticism.

that's all.

I definitely agree with this, in fact your comments probably were by far the most constructive ones out of all the ones I got in this thread, now I realize that I surely did come off a little condescending in some bits of my former post and I'm sorry if you took these bits for you, in fact the 'narrow-minded elitist pricks' comment wasn't intended for anyone in particular as a massive attack, it's just that I'm used to receive plain hating comments to an extent that sometimes goes beyond logic just because of the way I like to skate (which, I think, deserves just as much respect as any other 'ways to skate' you can think of - I could go on about how I think that every individual skates their own way, but that's besides the point) from people who think they know the absolute truth about what's 'right' and 'wrong' in skating while sometimes they don't even have much experience in skating and are just full of themselves (and these people are the very ones my comment was directed at), which I regard as a lack of respect and tends to upset me a lot. Of course everyone is free to like what I do or not and give me either positive or negative feedback, which I'll either take into consideration or not, but on quite a lot of occasions some people base their comments on nothing but their own pride and like to scorn my way to skate for hatings sake ('oh noes you did a pressure flip lulz111'), which just stinks self-centrism, lack of respect and ignorance. That and the fact that I don't even upload skate clips to be 'rated' or criticized in the first place, which leads me to wonder what the hell is happening to skateboarding these days, it feels like a lot of people regard it as a competition or something. I don't care about being good or not, I just skate, I have fun skating, I happen to upload a few clips every once in a while to share it with anyone interested, and get comments on how I should change my way to skate. It's hilarious the first few times, then it gets annoying, especially when it's just plain and blatant hate.

countbrakula23

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »
this kdis like really really good. like super good. www.super-steez.com
the infamous

what the

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »
no hate just love baby,im sorry i was jealous i can only kickflip and its hard to skate where im from to,sorry dude, he he if it was real then that would be funny but i know its not

H8R vol.2

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2007, 12:43:41 PM »
you got some good tricks but no speed and no steez makes my eyes bleed. 
i'm sure you can do some of those tricks going fast but that footage says otherwise.
as they say on SLAP, i'd rather watch mike carroll eat a hotdog.   

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »
Oddly enough, about a week ago I found footage of this
Double front foot impossible
[youtube=425,350]r_-Z56jAjfs[/youtube]
and I subscribed to this kids you tube channel.

Today I found this thread. :-\

ableSkateMag.com

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007, 06:13:35 AM »
kid was SO stoked. haha.

Filho

• Myspace avatar image
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »
i really fucking hate you ali atmaca.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2007, 10:10:29 AM »
why man