Author Topic: Juno  (Read 67513 times)

cold budweisers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Juno
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »
hard candy is fucking awful dude, the dialogue was worse than juno's

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:23 AM »
The dialog in Juno to me felt more contrived and forced for what's her name, like typical romantic comedy dialog usaully is. I thought Hard Candy's take on witty, teen style of dialog was a better fit for her acting style than the "cute but smart" teen style dialog of Juno. The dad and the superbad guy had good dialog juno, but I just felt her dialog didn't seem natural and was a bit of weak link in the film.

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
a lot of the dialogue is cringe-worthy
[close]
i'd say about 75% of it is, especially rainn wilson's little cameo. i wanted to leave the theater right then.
[close]

i love the office and rainn wilson, but his cameo made me:  ::). His 2 or 3 lines weren't at all funny but everyone in the theater was laughing their ASSES off (i think they *made* themselves laugh solely because Dwight K. Schrute was on the movie screen, and people usually associate Dwight with laughter...so they kinda felt obligated to give out a huge chuckle).

[close]

Wait... the good office or the lame, americanized rip off???

ET, shut the fuck up.
I really could care less about your thoughts on how our country is run, but you need to stop running your mouth about Heath Kirchart and The Office.
8)

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »
yeah and those are my initials. shits not cool man...

Diesel

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »
I can't wait to see it tonight.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »
hard candy was 100 times worse, why would anyone bring that up
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

ET253

• Rep: -29
  • - 31! Damn it went down again!!! -300 or bust...
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2008, 03:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^of course you're the type of guy to use such a cliche pretentious line.
[close]

Hey I can't help it if it's true. Steve Carrell is funny but the rip off is just not funny. No one is a comedic genuis like Ricky Gervaise. They sucked the soul out of his brilliant baby...
[close]

How is it a rip off if Ricky Garvais is executive producer and writer on 55 episodes. I also like the US version better then the British version.

that's interesting. You'd think it wouldn't be so lame compared to the british version if he truly were allowed to exercise any genuine meaure of creative control. The problem is that the people in the American version just do crazy and rediculous things cause, "Whoa!!! They're bein crazy, cause it's crazy and funny! Haha whoa!!!" But i honestly couldn't see anyone in real life having so little common sense that they'd do things like that under the impression that it were genuinely a good idea. Everything that happens in the british version comes off as entirely plausible. You should really watch it sometime. Plus, when you rip off anything it's never going to be as good the second time around. They tried to do it with Fawlty Towers, also, and it bombed in a week. Especially since they didn't admit it was a rip off and just tried to plagerize it outright...

ET253

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »
yeah and those are my initials. shits not cool man...

haha really? Well if your name is in reference to the Zerg from Starcraft, as opposed to Emporer Zurg from Toy Story, then what say we have a Starcraft duel for rights the ET name? They're actually my initials too tho haha...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:55:40 PM by ET253 »

Marvin Gaye

• Rep: 10
  • Whats Goin' On?
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
im currently writing the pilot for the americanized version of the young ones.

were trying to get zach braff to play vyv, ving rhames to play neil, frankie munez to play mike and maroki from superbad to play rick.

the cliff richard jokes will be endless.
this was the first time in a while that I skipped it.  I save my self for real trade shows like Magic. 

ET253

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008, 03:56:50 PM »
im currently writing the pilot for the americanized version of the young ones.

were trying to get zach braff to play vyv, ving rhames to play neil, frankie munez to play mike and maroki from superbad to play rick.

the cliff richard jokes will be endless.

Is that british? I've never seen Thw Young One's. I'm more of a Black Adder/Fawlty Towers/Red Dwarf man myself.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »
ET253, maybe when you're done saving skateboarding, you can save The Office!
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

ET253

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »
I'd rather see skateboarding die. I'd prefer to remember it in it's prime. Much like Elvis, I don't like seeing it in the process of keeling over on the toinlet with it's pants down. I'd rather remember skateboarding for how great it once was, instead of how lame it has now, and is still becoming. I don't wanna look back at entire generations of Rob Queerdik's and Cryan Sheckler's...

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i'd say about 75% of it is, especially rainn wilson's little cameo. i wanted to leave the theater right then.
[close]

i love the office and rainn wilson, but his cameo made me:  ::). His 2 or 3 lines weren't at all funny but everyone in the theater was laughing their ASSES off (i think they *made* themselves laugh solely because Dwight K. Schrute was on the movie screen, and people usually associate Dwight with laughter...so they kinda felt obligated to give out a huge chuckle).

[close]

[close]

ET, shut the fuck up.
I really could care less about your thoughts on how our country is run, but you need to stop running your mouth about Heath Kirchart and The Office.
[close]

haha it seems as though I've touched a nerve. Well if that's truly what you think then feel fre to blow your brains out at any time. God obviously designed natural selection specifically for people like you...

I've got all the episodes of the British version of The Office, and I'm not saying I don't like it, but the whole tone of the show is so different from the American version, especially these last couple seasons, that it's dumb to compare them.
But yeah, although I'm sure there are some people that legitimately prefer it, it often sounds slightly pretentious when people say they like the original version better, especially coming from you. Like one of those "Their first album was better" guys.
8)

reaganomics

• Rep: 0
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
i cant get into the british version.. USA USA !!!!!

i loved this movie

ET253

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

ET, shut the fuck up.
[close]

haha it seems as though I've touched a nerve. Well if that's truly what you think then feel fre to blow your brains out at any time. God obviously designed natural selection specifically for people like you...
[close]

I've got all the episodes of the British version of The Office, and I'm not saying I don't like it, but the whole tone of the show is so different from the American version, especially these last couple seasons, that it's dumb to compare them.
But yeah, although I'm sure there are some people that legitimately prefer it, it often sounds slightly pretentious when people say they like the original version better, especially coming from you. Like one of those "Their first album was better" guys.

I don't see how you couldn't compare the two. It's the same show. That's totally different than the first album second album concept...

swissenheights

• Rep: 6
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
dah

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2008, 05:05:17 PM »
ET would seriously be the worst poster in 2005. Even worse than Reed.

Diesel

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2008, 05:12:13 PM »
ET how does it feel to be in  the worst video game in history?

ET253

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
ET how does it feel to be in  the worst video game in history?

I've actually never played it but it can't be worse than World Heroes. Can it??? I dunno that'd be a pretty bad video game...

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
The only people say fighting games are shitty are people who suck at them. You wish you could parry into a double combo ender.

ET253

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
I actually wish I could just play street fighter 2 turbo instead. It's the exact same thing after all... only infinitely better.

ET253

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2008, 06:52:53 PM »
The World Heroes legacy will live on, however, simply because it was such a terrible knockoff. And because of Rasputin. Any game that has Rasputin as a character is worth remembering in my book.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

hahahahahahahahah.

i hate this ET dude.  fuck the british office.  i can't even understand what ricky gervaise and dizzy from "the new guy" are talking about.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »

hahaha, wowww, and your rep is 316.

This incident might just occur now.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
dude, "you're a big fag"? come onnnnn.  and for future reference, put all your shit ramblings into one post instead of a bunch of consecutive ones, it's easier to skip over that way.

damian

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2008, 08:46:07 PM »
damn, i still cannot figure out how ET can post so steadily during autofellatio. your neck must hate you.

Knockout Ned

• Rep: 27
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2008, 10:44:04 PM »
for the love of vov, stop posting novels, no one reads that shit.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »
I bet you wish this guy was fucking you.

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
Expand Quote
damn, i still cannot figure out how ET can post so steadily during autofellatio. your neck must hate you.
[close]

What exactly makes it automatic? I'd imagine that the use of the term "automatic" would refer to the notion of not having to make any effort, no? It's funny when people try to say witty sounding things that aren't clearly defined enough for them to actually be considered at all clever by anyone with more than half a brain. For instance, when you say "autofellatio" that would either imply that I have an automatic device of some sort to use for the purpose of felating myself, or that I have someone or something willing to automatically felate me on command, but then you so cunningly wrapped it all up with (from the veiwpoint of an obviously inferior intellect) that seemingly infallible little zinger of "your neck must hate you," which would contradictorily imply that I'm fellating myself, which would therefore make it anything but automatic because I would have to go to the trouble of actually felating myself. But none of that matters in your crazy, little, mixed up world of teenage angst now does it? The only semblence of a rational outcome you're capable of comprehending from this altercation would be something along the lines of "Ohhhhhhhhh! BOO YA!!!" I must need some ointment for that burn now, huh? Well, maybe I would if any of that had made any sense, whatsoever. Seriously though, to those of us with greater than a child sized intellect and wit, you just come off as sounding like a complete and total hate filled simpleton. Take my advice and get a life, maybe you might even think about quitting while you're still only slightly behind.
You are the most staggeringly unintelligent person to ever post on the slap boards. If I ever make it to the Tacoma area I will try my very hardest to assault you.