Author Topic: Juno  (Read 67503 times)

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Juno
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2008, 01:43:44 AM »
stop crying, ya damn baby
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

ET253

• Rep: -29
  • - 31! Damn it went down again!!! -300 or bust...
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2008, 01:47:32 AM »
stop crying, ya damn baby

when in rome...

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2008, 02:02:07 AM »
Think of it like this, imagine if you were in a class in high school where one kid always had all the girls around him, paying all this attention to him, and you tried to walk up and get in on one of their conversations and get a little of that attention. Even if you had the best intentions, and weren't trying to overshadow or hate on this dude at all, he'd still be incredibly defensive by acting too-cool and that's how I get treated by everyone in skateboarding around here. That's what I meant by how I'm percieved as a threat. I'm always kind of looked at with a pshhh attitude suconsciously in people's body language and demeanor towards me like, "What's this guy got that I'm not way better at?" And now that there genuinely is something I have that not many other people can step to that attitude has become even worse, but it appears to be more as a result of insecurity rather than any of these people just happening to be douchebags. I don't think anyone is really a douche, it's just genuinely difficult not to be self concious like that, ya know? Especially when the prevailing mentality that skateboarding conditions us all to have is one of selfishness, and wanting to get all we can for ourselves a la Sean Harris.

I know I'm talking to a wall and wasting my time and I'm a moron for it, but it's otherworldly how little self-consciousness you possess.

Ok, to extrapolate upon your analogy; the cool kid with all the girls around him (I'm assuming this is meant to represent shop workers and sponsored skaters) isn't giving you the stink eye because he perceives you as a threat, it's because you're a socially crippled and self deluded dweeb. And to take this further, he only allows you to hang around with him because he needs you to do his homework (in this case, putting together inexcusably embarrassing youtube clips). But the thing is, he's getting bad grades because of you AND he's losing social standing by being seen with you - your days are numbered.

And really, you think your little clips are "masterpieces"? Put aside the fact that they're simply amateurish and awful, do you have any clue how wrongheaded and flat out unacceptable it is for any sort of artist or creator to claim their own work as a "masterpiece"? That is about the highest praise one can pay to anything and should be used as sparingly as possible. To pay it to yourself makes you a sociopath.

ET253

« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2008, 03:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Think of it like this, imagine if you were in a class in high school where one kid always had all the girls around him, paying all this attention to him, and you tried to walk up and get in on one of their conversations and get a little of that attention. Even if you had the best intentions, and weren't trying to overshadow or hate on this dude at all, he'd still be incredibly defensive by acting too-cool and that's how I get treated by everyone in skateboarding around here. That's what I meant by how I'm percieved as a threat. I'm always kind of looked at with a pshhh attitude suconsciously in people's body language and demeanor towards me like, "What's this guy got that I'm not way better at?" And now that there genuinely is something I have that not many other people can step to that attitude has become even worse, but it appears to be more as a result of insecurity rather than any of these people just happening to be douchebags. I don't think anyone is really a douche, it's just genuinely difficult not to be self concious like that, ya know? Especially when the prevailing mentality that skateboarding conditions us all to have is one of selfishness, and wanting to get all we can for ourselves a la Sean Harris.
[close]

I know I'm talking to a wall and wasting my time and I'm a moron for it, but it's otherworldly how little self-consciousness you possess.

Ok, to extrapolate upon your analogy; the cool kid with all the girls around him (I'm assuming this is meant to represent shop workers and sponsored skaters) isn't giving you the stink eye because he perceives you as a threat, it's because you're a socially crippled and self deluded dweeb. And to take this further, he only allows you to hang around with him because he needs you to do his homework (in this case, putting together inexcusably embarrassing youtube clips). But the thing is, he's getting bad grades because of you AND he's losing social standing by being seen with you - your days are numbered.

And really, you think your little clips are "masterpieces"? Put aside the fact that they're simply amateurish and awful, do you have any clue how wrongheaded and flat out unacceptable it is for any sort of artist or creator to claim their own work as a "masterpiece"? That is about the highest praise one can pay to anything and should be used as sparingly as possible. To pay it to yourself makes you a sociopath.

It's funny how you can say something like that with absolute certainty about a person you've even even met. It is you, my friend, who is the sociopath for seriously believing in these ill-informed things you continue to say. I have a gift and denying that would be like slapping God in the face. I'd be somewhat inclined to listen to your ceaseless diatribe and constant degredation of my talent were it not for the fact that I've had other people (many of whom I've never even met or heard of) telling me my entire life that the things I create are masterpieces. I've had very little doubt of that throughout my entire life thanks to a constant stream of support from my peer group, and your negativity is doing very little to encourage the doubt you so desperately seek. Oh, and you know who else just happened to refer to his  own works as masterpieces? Mozart. But God knows you'll probly start saying Mozart sucks now, because judging by your unwaivering and therefore apperantly intrinsic attitude I'm sure you've never had the good taste to even listen to his music. Therefore, my buying into your little dimensia here would be the same as if a person were white, but envied black people so much their entire life that they didn't want to believe they were white even though people had been telling them their whole lives they were white. Now, I'm not going to go so far as to say that my referring to the things I've created as masterpieces isn't a little cocky, and I could definitely benefit from having a little more envy for the humble, but we're all guilty of a certain amount of pride. However, compared to your delusion, that you've have seriously convinced yourself you know anything about the quality of my character, I can now know with 100% certainty know that what I am suffering from is no more than a little bit of pride mixed with a healthy dose of self respect, and it is definitely not sociopathic in any way, shape, or form. At least, not compared to your fevered bullshittings. Seriously though dude, aren't you tired yet? God knows I am and I didn't even start this. You came at me with this bullshit to begin with and I've just been trying to keep up the entire time. That was even before I tossed you some ammo by letting a little bit of my pride in my work slip. Ever since that happened you've just been having a field day of hate. What is your purpose dude? I don't get it. At least I'm trying to do some good in the world and not only am I succeeding, but now successful people who have paved the way before me are starting to take notice and offer me opportunities. What is it that you've been doing with your life that makes you so high and mighty to take me down for no reason whatsoever? I mean, I could fully understand your position if I had started this, but I only ever reciprocated to your pre-emptive hate strike. Serously, why don't you just throw your computer out the window right now and go do something meaningful with your life? I'm telling you that, at the rate your sinking, you will more than likely not have had any postiive impact on the world when you're dead and gone, and no one wants to die sad and alone, not remembered by anyone other than their family and maybe a handful of their immediate circle of friends. Judging from the opinions you voice on here I'd be surprised if even your parents truly enjoy your company. You seem like a pretty abrasive personality, and that coupled with the nature of youth generally results in intergenerational conflict between parents and their children. Not only could you benefit from thinking about who would remember you when you die, but also how they will remember you. Now I don't presume to know how your relationship with your parents is going but would you really want them to breathe a sigh of relief if you got hit by a train tomorrow? And that's most likely how they will react if you interact with them in any fashion similar to how you behave on here. God knows if I said things even half as fucked up as some of the shit you've said on here, and I knew my parents knew about it, I would trade any and every expression of art as well as any feelings of joy or material possesion that art might have brought me just to be able to regain what I had with my parents. I'm telling you dude, you don't want to be a burden on humanity. Don't be a dead possum or a turd floating in the human gene pool. If you quit while you're ahead, that might still be possible someday. Until then, I will continue doing what it is that I've always done, secure in the knowledge that this message board is nothing more than a joke. A hilarious grain of sand in the hourglass of existence. Is that one grain of sand all you want to waste the best energies of your life on??? I surely hope not.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:54:22 AM by ET253 »

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • RIP
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2008, 03:25:38 AM »
I think I broke his mind.

ET253

« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2008, 03:33:05 AM »
I think I broke his mind.

I'd say it looks more like I broke yours... Judging from your lack of contention and inability to respond to the charges I've made.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:39:04 AM by ET253 »

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • RIP
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2008, 03:42:50 AM »
Respond to what? You just made the most schizophrenic post in the history of the slap message boards. I mean, my relationship with my parents? Comparing your stupid little video to Mozart? Speaking with God? Editing talent gifted from on high? I honestly don't know what to say. I didn't think a human mind could work the way yours does.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2008, 03:56:33 AM »
I have a gift and denying that would be like slapping God in the face

At this point I stopped reading his drivel.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Rob1

• Rep: 2
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2008, 04:11:44 AM »
Everyone post their favorite ET quote, I like this one a lot although I have to admit its probably not as good as the slapping God one

if you can't see that I've done things with video that no one else in PROFESSIONAL skateboarding has ever even touched upon you must be blind. Or just an idiot. Or just utterly consumed by envy and hatred.

And a question for you ET - were you reading SLAP when that old topic was posted, and if so did you immediatley realise it was about you?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2008, 04:24:48 AM »
BB, bring the dicks!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2008, 06:08:08 AM »

i like to call this one "fascination"

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »
I imagine the next step is his tongue licking the dicks...

Diesel

« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2008, 07:08:51 AM »
If you have such better shit to do with your life than us, why is it that you type like 5 paragraphs for every response that you make and like 50 replies in one topic.

ET go home.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2008, 07:09:57 AM »
hahahahahaha dude its a message board, this shits so funny
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

ET253

« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2008, 07:12:40 AM »

lets see you photoshop a dick in my mouth now
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:57:11 AM by ET253 »

Diesel

« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2008, 07:20:17 AM »
Looks like you already have that taken care of.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2008, 07:22:05 AM »
Wow, I can't beleive someone as regular as you could get laid...

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »
man i wish i had photoshop at work
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
What, only one photo?

ET253

« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2008, 07:39:49 AM »
Wow, I can't beleive someone as regular as you could get laid...

you brought me down to this, buddy. I'm ashamed to have to stoop as low as you...

Brandon and I enjoying the fruits of our hard earned labor...

I've only ever been trying to defend myself. a select few of you are teh ones that started this but, as I said, you petty little forum dwellers are like the hydras heads. Cut one off and twenty more show up and start spewing pointless hate. What's funny is that if any of you had met me in real life you'd probly think I was the raddest, most down to earth, genuinely kind and friendly person you've ever met, but seeing as how you all take so much pride in reveling in your lower nature here we are. What's also funny is that the same things all of you have been hating on me for are teh same things all these girls have been attracted to me for, at one time or another. I am my own man and I stand by convictions. I'm not a sad, petty, hate-filled little conformist follower like so many of you. Get a life, children...

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2008, 07:41:58 AM »
where are the nips at man? how did you know i was a hate filled conformist follower?

ET253

« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2008, 07:44:37 AM »
where are the nips at man? how did you know i was a hate filled conformist follower?

haha that's why I never said "all of you" only "soem" or "many"... and you'd have to get to know me alittle better to earn the priveledge of getting to see the footy of those goddes-like, perfect, pierced titties. They taste as sweet as a fresh picked tangerine...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:58:58 AM by ET253 »

Rob1

• Rep: 2
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2008, 07:46:36 AM »

What's funny is that if any of you had met me in real life you'd probly think I was the raddest, most down to earth, genuinely kind and friendly person you've ever met, but seeing as how you all take so much pride in reveling in your lower nature here we are.

This is obviously false as the people on the board that have met you in real life disliked you so much they started topics about you to try and vent their fury.

Also just read that quote back to yourself - do you not think it may make you sound slightly big headed.

On another note could you just explain what it was exactly that you accomplished in your "work" that had never been done previously?

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2008, 07:49:15 AM »
its cool i have my own. you know this is a messageboard right? take it easy, reading your posts makes my eyes hurt. how can you not find a picture of yourself with dicks on it hilarious?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2008, 07:54:29 AM »
i was really hoping i wouldn't be too late to actually talk about the movie but clearly i blew it. 

...i liked it.

ET253

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2008, 07:57:31 AM »
Expand Quote

What's funny is that if any of you had met me in real life you'd probly think I was the raddest, most down to earth, genuinely kind and friendly person you've ever met, but seeing as how you all take so much pride in reveling in your lower nature here we are.

[close]

This is obviously false as the people on the board that have met you in real life disliked you so much they started topics about you to try and vent their fury.

Also just read that quote back to yourself - do you not think it may make you sound slightly big headed.

On another note could you just explain what it was exactly that you accomplished in your "work" that had never been done previously?

Haha now you ll resort to trying to cal me out once again instead of just childishly photochopping dicks into all my myspace pics. Tell me, if you were a friendly person would you not say so? I am friendly and Eric is the one who has had an attitude on me since day one. Everyone in Washington used to clal him snake eyes but that's all I'll say about that cause i'm sure he's never gonna forgive me but oh well. I'm guessing it's pretty much too late now anyway. Seriusly the only reason he started that thread was because of taht world trade center video. He's given me shit for that on numerous occasions and I don't blame him for it. That doesn't change the fact that I still think it's funny. If you wanna know what sort of effects i've done that no one else has ever put in a skate video then simply watch this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8Ktbz5eHAk

That's just one example. There's lots of other stuff but most of it isn't on youtube. Unless you've seen a bunch of skate videos that I haven't in all my eleven years, last I checked, nothing like that has ever been done. At least, not to that extent, and it is totalyl fucking lame of me that I have been getting this prideful about it, this is seriously the first time I've ever let it explode out like that and only as a result of being constantly hounded by you people, but I have always been proud of many of the things I've created and there's nothing wrong with that. If you think there is then you're either a complete and total hypocrite or have never accomplished anything in your life whatsoever, especially a trick on a skateboard, because just about everyone I have ever known that has ever been any good at skatebaording has usually been brimming over with pride for the tricks they've accomplished and wanted to talk about them with everyone every chance they've had and I seriously doubt any of you are any different. And if you try to tell me otherwise then I just plain don't believe you.

ET253

« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2008, 08:10:13 AM »
its cool i have my own. you know this is a messageboard right? take it easy, reading your posts makes my eyes hurt. how can you not find a picture of yourself with dicks on it hilarious?

I do find it amusing, but probably not for the same petty reasons the people who made it do. I just think it's funny because it was created in such a spirit of pettiness. I think it's funny that there are people out there with nothing better to do than photoshop dicks onto other peoples pictures cause those dudes probably look at dicks ALOT. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would have done it willingly if that were the big idea from the begginning, and then it would have been truly hilarious and I would belaughing right there alongside everyone else. But I was also originally under the impression taht message boards are a place to share opinions, and it's pretty fucking lame that what began as genuine opinions I had that I was just trying to voice in an open forum had to end up as this. First, it was basically someone replying to one of my posts completely off topic by just telling me to fuck off, and of course I'm so stubborn that I couldn't let such a meaninglessly blatant disrespect go unchallenged, then when we really got into it, my ego ended up baloonign to goodyear blimp sized proportions trying to explain to these people that not only do these opinions not mean shit and that they therefore should not be spreading such useless negativity, but also why their opinions didn't mean shit because usually my efforts to simply tell them not to would only result in exponentially more hate coming from infinitely more totally random people which ultimately compounded with the ego-splosion that was happening resulting in pictures of several of my homegirls boobies now being all up on the internet. I'll have to delete those in a couple days. But, yes, you are completely right that I need to just chill and give the message board a rest and stop giving a shit about what all these sad, petty little people want to hate. Thank you for the reality check.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2008, 08:23:38 AM »
would you shut the fuck up, you self-obsessed asswipe?

Diesel

« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »

Thank you, couldn't have said it better. This ET guy won't shut the fuck up until he gets the last word.

ET253

« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you, couldn't have said it better. This ET guy won't shut the fuck up until he gets the last word.

... well maybe if any of you ever made an effort to end on anything other than the worst possible terms imaginable. Like I said I never started any of this, I'm just stubborn. Whereas most of you are just assholes. your turn.