Author Topic: CLEAN UP YOUR GRADES AND GET LOTS OF GEAR!!!  (Read 11629 times)

shutupbitch

Re: CLEAN UP YOUR GRADES AND GET LOTS OF GEAR!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »
to image conscious.

Peter Gibbons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • Fuckin' A
    • EMB4ever avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 11:12:06 PM »
this is fresh man. props dude. i wish i would've stayed in school...or even stayed up at City. Oh well, it's fresh tho' to give back when you can like this and inspire folks at the same time.

FT on the old slap boards, now i cant change it back :(

shutupbitch

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 11:40:45 PM »
sure beats the me-me-me way of thinking.

The mags show kids a lifestyle of partying, drugs, and drop outs that are rich. I'm happy for those fortunate few but it aint a realistic take on life. Kids are impressionable to the lifestyle that the mags present to them. To the mags it's merely pushing an image for their repution and gain. For kids it's a path. Not all kids but the ones that have to look elsewhere for guidance cause the lack of at home. Anyhow, when I was young I felt my dad didn't push me hard enough to do what I had to do. So now I came up with a way where I could be in a kids ear but also offer an incentive for following thru. I'm very much over skating and all the fake bullshit that follows but before I say fuck yall haters for one last time I'd like to use whatever name recognition I have left to do something cool. There's huge companies backing this but some want to stay discreet cause they're scared of what this could do to their rep. Fucking regular if you asked me.

Peter Gibbons

• Fuckin' A
    • EMB4ever avatar image
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »
word man. magazines don't show folks who fell off and are strugglin' to survive. they just disappear...then other folks just fade off and get regular jobs and whatnot. big ups hen. just copped that Run Bay shirt I've been laggin' on. For reals tho' hit me up whenever you strike thru to the City man. We'll kick it and get some grub or something. It's always all good.

shutupbitch

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 08:15:51 AM »
Right.... but also think if you fell off to the point where any kid could sweep you in a game of skate then you don't deserve coverage.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »
sure beats the me-me-me way of thinking.

The mags show kids a lifestyle of partying, drugs, and drop outs that are rich. I'm happy for those fortunate few but it aint a realistic take on life. Kids are impressionable to the lifestyle that the mags present to them. To the mags it's merely pushing an image for their repution and gain. For kids it's a path. Not all kids but the ones that have to look elsewhere for guidance cause the lack of at home. Anyhow, when I was young I felt my dad didn't push me hard enough to do what I had to do. So now I came up with a way where I could be in a kids ear but also offer an incentive for following thru. I'm very much over skating and all the fake bullshit that follows but before I say fuck yall haters for one last time I'd like to use whatever name recognition I have left to do something cool. There's huge companies backing this but some want to stay discreet cause they're scared of what this could do to their rep. Fucking regular if you asked me.

Kickin' some knowledge right there...

Strange to me that big companies who back you yet want to stay discrete. You mean maintain street cred or someshit? So they'll sell their shit in Zumies but are embarrassed to kid shit down to kids who make some decent choices in life? Whatever.

Anyway, keep me in mind when you're ready to set this thing off. I'm happy to help you by calling school counselors, writing letters, whatever. Can also help you weed out the bullshitters if that's a concern.

Room Guy

• Rep: 1
  • get gnaughty
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »
i had to withdrawl from highschool with 29 credits, one shy of graduating. they said if i wanted to come back for another semester id have to take 3 other classes with the one i needed and pass 3 out of 4 of them. needless to say i dropped out and did that last credit through the government. point of the story : i want a free t-shirt

H8R vol.2

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 04:25:21 PM »
unreal....

i got a A for lunch, give me some free stuff henry! 

shutupbitch

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 05:12:53 PM »
we're gonna have to measure your waist line first for proof.

Trying to figure a way to make it scam proof. I'd like to just send it to the school but they'd just try to control it and it wouldn't seem fair cause of all the other students. I was thinking
of getting the confirmation from the school and also confirm the address. Thing is, I think that's against school policy to do that. But maybe I can tell them the address and they can either say that's it or it's not it. Any ideas? I really want this to work and will give this a lot more attention in 2 months after the semester is over.

jerrodword

• Rep: -31
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 06:22:39 PM »
hell yeah.. today my mom and me were talking about how she thinks i could do a lot better in school, cause im smart and all, but i just moved to this gay ass redneck school and it was a big change for me and i just kinda gave up. the semester is half over, but i think i could raise all of my grades at least a letter grade (maybe even 2 or 3).. ill figure something out.

shutupbitch

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 07:35:33 PM »
yeah, just show me the now and the afters and you'll get some stuff.
Pm me with your counselors name, school name, and location.

I'm saving guys' info so when the time comes I'll get on the phone.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »
we're gonna have to measure your waist line first for proof.

Trying to figure a way to make it scam proof. I'd like to just send it to the school but they'd just try to control it and it wouldn't seem fair cause of all the other students. I was thinking
of getting the confirmation from the school and also confirm the address. Thing is, I think that's against school policy to do that. But maybe I can tell them the address and they can either say that's it or it's not it. Any ideas? I really want this to work and will give this a lot more attention in 2 months after the semester is over.

Yeah confidentiality laws can get dicey. We can't give out names, addresses, grades, etc. unless it's to a legal guardian. Unless there's a release of information signed by a parent or guardian. Maybe I could help you come up with a form where the parents read and sign a release at the top of the page, the counselor fills out the form on the bottom with grades or whatever marked improvement, and the counselor faxes the form right to you with the school's coversheet. Then once you get the form you could call the counselor and verify.

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through but once you had the form it'd be easy, and pretty scam proof.

And sending the box to the school might not be a bad idea, and if it's addressed to a kid the school can't dick with it. And who cares if other kids aren't included, not all kids get scholarships who apply.

shutupbitch

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
You're the man. While reading this it rung a bell that you work at a school from that nature walk post I read. If you can do that that would be awesome.

Good looking out man. You are now a hippy.  ;D

Also, if there's any companies out there that want to help, big or small, than let me know if you want to contribute. I know some companies don't want to mess with certain companies cause of image and what not but this isn't about business, this is about giving back and doing something positive for once. I'm really hoping Greg Carroll can
get involved in this somehow. He's a good leader and can be a leader that can push this in the right direction with his connections and heart. I have heart but am no leader
in this kind of thing. Heck, I'm a leader in class and one day I'll be one in work but I'll never be the savy dude that can use my words well like a lot people. And if I haven't gotten back to you I got your info and will when it's rolling.

Peter Gibbons

• Fuckin' A
    • EMB4ever avatar image
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 08:03:07 AM »
I don't have nothing but CDs from me and Scott (and maybe a few XXL shirts from our crew)...if you want to throw those in the package, I'll send you at least a dozen CDs man. Let me know. I don't know how many packages you doin'.

shutupbitch

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 08:24:20 AM »
Hell yeah, good looks. I've got some kids info now but I wanna hold off till the beginning of Jan.  Good looking out and hope a lot more people get on board. I'm hoping someone could take charge of this cause I'm kind of flaky and busy when I'm working fulltime and going to school fulltime.

Peter Gibbons

• Fuckin' A
    • EMB4ever avatar image
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 08:42:06 AM »
January sounds cool man. Hopefully I'll have some more shirts by then and I can float you some more stuff. I can throw it up on the site too, I'll add a news blurb and all that. whatever's good man.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 06:41:49 PM »
Hell yeah, good looks. I've got some kids info now but I wanna hold off till the beginning of Jan.  Good looking out and hope a lot more people get on board. I'm hoping someone could take charge of this cause I'm kind of flaky and busy when I'm working fulltime and going to school fulltime.

I'm at a conference this weekend but when I get back I'll work on a form and bounce it off my principal to make sure all the bases are covered. You should come up with an organizational name and letterhead though so the form seems more legit.

Once we've got the form I'm happy to help logistically by calling/emailing forms to school counselors and doing follow-up. Then giving you the green light to send out the promo. 

baxter

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2007, 08:56:47 PM »
do you have to raise up your grades in every class or can it be just one class? and does it have to be a report card or can it be a progress report?

PATruth

• Rep: 0
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »
Ha.. yo Henry did you find a job yet? What were you talking a few monthd back 60g?

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2007, 12:59:30 PM »
You have to improve your grades? I'm tempted to fail all my classes this semester and just hold off the good grades until next semester just to get some free shit... Unless being in college doesn't count.

H8R vol.2

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »
You have to improve your grades? I'm tempted to fail all my classes this semester and just hold off the good grades until next semester just to get some free shit... Unless being in college doesn't count.

i hope this is sarcasm cause it sure is funny.   :D

Peter Gibbons

• Fuckin' A
    • EMB4ever avatar image
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »
just got the shirt in the mail today. thanks punt for sending it out so quick. i'll try to support more when i ain't paying off traffic tickets left and right.

shutupbitch

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
Ha.. yo Henry did you find a job yet? What were you talking a few monthd back 60g?

the economy isn't doing well. I could make that right now if I moved back to city. I live in sac and there's no jobs out here. Yes, I'll make that money but I need
more experience. I've worked in my life a lot harder than  your soft ass spoiled pro could dream of.
Not all people get to chill forever and get paid having little to no skill set. Some heads have to work hard. I just hope for your sake you become a  lucky one.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 07:11:06 PM by shutupbitch »

leon

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 11:53:50 AM »
Henry can you sell me shit if i live in canada?

shutupbitch

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »
yes. Online you can order tees. The news ones aren't in yet though.

Anyways, I'll be starting this shit up tomorrow. I'll be taking on the first few
students that applied. Give me a couple days to verify shit and what not.
I'm also gonna push for some other dudes to man up and send some stuff too.
Keep doing it yall. Your life may become totally easier if you just play the game.
You don't have to like it, but you should know fully what's at stake if you use the time
wisely or not.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2007, 12:52:18 PM »
Did you get that form I emailed over? What do you think; is it usable? It'll definately take care of the legal stuff but if you want me to change things up or whatever, just let me know.

Once again big ups for taking this project on.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:10:46 PM by jesco white »

shutupbitch

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2007, 02:40:35 PM »
The form is perfect. Thanks so much. It makes it look way more legit than I could have made it look. That's gonna make it alot easier. I'll send it over to the kids and wait.

Thanks again. Tomorrow I call people and make them feel like greedy bastards if they're not gonna put out any product for this.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »
It might not be a bad idea to show companies the form when asking for promo to show that the whole set up's legit.

And if that doesn't work tell 'em you'll call them out by name on the Slap boards if they don't kick down. Strong arm 'em.

Speaking of calling folks out is Blackbox in? I ran a shop for a while and they were always generous when it came to forking over promo for the skate jams and contests we'd throw. 

Let me know if you want me to help out with any follow up. I'm happy to call or email school counselors.

shutupbitch

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2007, 03:23:37 PM »
It might not be a bad idea to show companies the form when asking for promo to show that the whole set up's legit.

And if that doesn't work tell 'em you'll call them out by name on the Slap boards if they don't kick down. Strong arm 'em.

Speaking of calling folks out is Blackbox in? I ran a shop for a while and they were always generous when it came to forking over promo for the skate jams and contests we'd throw. 

Let me know if you want me to help out with any follow up. I'm happy to call or email school counselors.

No but that's a good idea. Jaime seems like he has a kind heart. I'll ask him. I got a box from him and his Zero tee had a label on it stating that it gives money to help endangered species for every tee sold. The tee had a cool looking wolf on it. So I'd think he'd be down for that maybe. I wouldn't care if he or anyone else wanted to stay in the shadows either. The importance to me is to give a kid a variety of products. If he don't like Magik he can dig into the black box stuff or whatever else we're offering. Magik may not be enough of an incentive for a kid. I know this is a stretch but I'd like to get Diamond involved  simply cause those tees mean alot to kids and if it makes that much more motivation possible than I'm with that. In fact, I'll send out some emails now to see who's down. I'll let you know what's up. Thanks again for offering to help and we may need it.

ganglygreen

• Rep: -6
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 07:43:11 PM »
If your in home or virtual school can you still do this?

I could set something up with my FLVS(florida virtual school) teachers easily