Author Topic: ZUMIEZ  (Read 7624 times)

Bill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: ZUMIEZ
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
Why do these supposed 'skate shops' hire a bunch of people that don't know a damn thing about skating? Do they think someone who skates can't ring up a register or help someone find the perfect pair of skin tight pants?

H8R vol.2

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »
Why do these supposed 'skate shops' hire a bunch of people that don't know a damn thing about skating? Do they think someone who skates can't ring up a register or help someone find the perfect pair of skin tight pants?

like any real business, they hire people based on their resume/qualifications.  just because someone skates doesn't mean their qualified to do the job.  most skaters aren't exactly the crispiest chips in the bag so to speak, plus its not like skaters are know for being dependable. 
for the most part, if the weather is nice, everything else takes a backseat.  i have had many friends that have quit/lost their job so they could go skate.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Back?
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 01:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

like any real business, they hire people based on their resume/qualifications.  just because someone skates doesn't mean their qualified to do the job.  most skaters aren't exactly the crispiest chips in the bag so to speak, plus its not like skaters are know for being dependable. 
for the most part, if the weather is nice, everything else takes a backseat.  i have had many friends that have quit/lost their job so they could go skate.

Working a register isn't exactly brain surgery. A monkey could do that job.

H8R vol.2

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 01:49:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Working a register isn't exactly brain surgery. A monkey could do that job.

i'm not saying someone has to be a brain surgeon, just qualified but more importantly dependable and trustworthy which are qualities that are very hard to find in one individual.  whatevs, i'm just stating a possible reason why they hire people that have no idea what skateboarding is, thats all.  i've never even seen a zumiez let alone been in one.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Back?
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 12:33:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Its a retail job in a mall. Have you seen some of the people that work there lately? Someone who skates is just as good as anyone else there.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »
most skateboarders have no problem blowing off work to go skate. zumiez knows this and therefore does not hire skateboarders.

and water is wet.

eRICFLAIR

• Rep: -11
    • eRIC FLAIR's Space avatar image
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 06:52:32 AM »
most skateboarders have no problem blowing off work to go skate. zumiez knows this and therefore does not hire skateboarders.

and water is wet.
that's gay
don't they know
no job=no money=no wood

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
they just put a zumiez in my local mall and its gay as fuck...now ever asshole in my school is wearing krew and dgk and they think that they are special or something.
[close]
ya omg seriously i can't even sleep at night because i am too busy thinking about what other people are wearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

TotallyAwesome

• Rep: -6
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 08:38:42 AM »
i hate saying anything negative about any one particular skateshop but i was in a zumiez last week and it just sucked.  from the totally cracked out sales chick who was trying too hard to be down ("hey man are you sponsored?") to the kids in the back bragging about their tricks ("yeah man i could totally do it backside, i have my backside tricks wired better than my frontside ones"), i was bummed on the whole experience.

sweatloaf

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 09:27:47 AM »
Zumiez is da bomb. I have a Zumiez tramp stamp tattoo.

krudbenco

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
Expand Quote
they just put a zumiez in my local mall and its gay as fuck...now ever asshole in my school is wearing krew and dgk and they think that they are special or something.
[close]

you're not only original but awesome too, for shame.
[/quote/

did i ever say that i wear that stuff...... i just thought it was strange that kids who diss skateboarding go to the mall and buy skateboarding companie t shirts thats all

listen up

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »
i honestly think its cause "real" skateboarders dont actually look like they skate or look the part when i go past zumiez in the mall the kids that work there are in really tight pants and fallens and have there hair dyed and look pretty scene/emo and i guess thats the skater image

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 01:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i honestly think its cause "real" skateboarders dont actually look like they skate or look the part when i go past zumiez in the mall the kids that work there are in really tight pants and fallens and have there hair dyed and look pretty scene/emo and i guess thats the skater image

this is true.....after I got hired at the vans store i had a kid who works there say to me "hey you actually skate all the time huh? its weird you just don't look like a skater to me,  I thought you were just some dork who said you skated to get the job..."

wheee!

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 02:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote

and water is wet.
[close]
that's gay
don't they know
no job=no money=no wood
you pay for boards?
sucker.

blank.

• Rep: -3
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 03:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

and water is wet.
[close]
that's gay
don't they know
no job=no money=no wood
[close]
you pay for boards?
sucker.
haha

listen up

• Rep: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 04:08:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

this is true.....after I got hired at the vans store i had a kid who works there say to me "hey you actually skate all the time huh? its weird you just don't look like a skater to me,  I thought you were just some dork who said you skated to get the job..."
haha thats pretty damn funny

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

and water is wet.
[close]
that's gay
don't they know
no job=no money=no wood
[close]
you pay for boards?
sucker.
[close]
haha
paying for boards is like paying for sex! just plain wrong.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

and water is wet.
[close]
that's gay
don't they know
no job=no money=no wood
[close]
you pay for boards?
sucker.
[close]
haha
[close]
paying for boards is like paying for sex! just plain wrong.
Whats wrong with paying for sex.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »
I went there back in the day when they had $89 dollar completes and $30 sale shoes.  Tried to get a girl to grip the complete and the bitch said she couldn't do it.  In retrospect, I should have made a big deal about it.  What clown at a "so called" skate shop doesn't know how to grip a proper deck?   At least fake it ho!

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »
I prefer ACTIVE though
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

swissenheights

• Rep: 6
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 09:23:06 PM »
dude your complaining about a easy spot to come up at ...they have a vans store and a hawk store by my house and ive been coming up i got 3 boards and 2 pairs of vans in  2 weeks ....go come up dah
dah

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »
I prefer ACTIVE though

I'm all for skater-owned-skater-opperated local shops but I back Active jeans... Reasonably priced, a couple good cuts, and made in the USA.