Author Topic: Mini Ramp  (Read 807 times)

gfdolphi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Mini Ramp
« on: October 05, 2007, 07:35:02 AM »
hey everyone... i am trying to design the optimal mini ramp and i don't have much experience with them so i need as much input as possible.

i've been skating for a while i can do varial flips and basic grinds - i'm not awesome but i don't suck.  i have skated quarter pipes here and there can drop in on a 5 footer no problem but i am not a seasoned ramp skater.

I am looking at building a mini ramp in the 2.5 to 3.5' range.  I am leaning towards 3-3.5' and a 7' radius with 8' flat bottom.  I want it to be mellow enough that i can learn new tricks but i don't want to get bored anytime soon.  Do you think this is good for my skill level?  Or would it be better to go with a 6' radius?  or maybe 2.5' with a 5.5' radius.  also do you think 8' wide would be boring?  what are the advantages/disadvantages of different types of copings? (i will definitely not use PVC)

I am trying to minimize cost too.  I was thinking I would space the joists 12" apart on the trannys and 16" on the
I realize most of this is personal preference but like i said i am not a seasoned ramp skater so I would appreciate any and all input.
Thanks!