Author Topic: static 3  (Read 41032 times)

Bleed Lava

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: static 3
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
Wow....you are all indeed hopeless.I feared that my post would immediately implicate Josh as the one responsible for writing this.
I actually dont even know Josh...I met him briefly in San Diego in like 99 or thereabouts, but Im not even American, you knob.
No Guile, youd love it to be Josh though so your weak little case against him would be stronger. But youre only trying to convince
yourself and your tiny little squad of chatroom-dogs...so it doesn't matter either way.I hope "Theorizer" doesnt post on here any
more....he only seems to dig himself deeper every time he does.I think he really screwed the pooch by trying to defend himself on
in a chatroom.But youre veering sharply away from the point once again.Youve never done anything of your own so your fat, bitter ass sits
around all day chatting with children gossipping about what other people are doing. Its pathetic. My point is that if youre all going
to sit around and bitch about skateboarding and hate on everything all day long, why not support the things thatre actually GOOD in
skateboarding.....ie: Lakai, Habitat, Static, Krooked, etc. There are a lot of incredible videos out there right now and I have purchased all of the ones I wanted to see.Downloading them does nothing but damage an already mortally-wounded insdustry.

Jura

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »
slight clarification: I was really just talking about all the new account douche bags, mainly.

dcpridee

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »
i agree with bleed lava, guile all you do is talk shit, it may get a reaction but do you think you're gonna sway our opinions of static or purchasing videos by talking shit? probably not you scumbag

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2007, 11:30:21 AM »
sure you're supporting Lakai by buying Mark's shoes because there's no way to download 'em for free off the internet. And atleast Lakai makes shoes, what does Static make?....hmmmm, oh yeah, videos. So you're stealing this dude's ONLY way of making his money back. Radical, you're a real supporter mate.
To be fair, most people are gonna try on the shoes to see if they like 'em before purchasing anything. Watching videos online is our way of trying on those shoes.

listen up

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2007, 11:31:12 AM »
could anyone pm a link

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2007, 11:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I really do feel bad for you guys. Youre so blind.

Everything Bleed Lava (not Josh, I dont think) is right, and you guys know it. And thats why you get so defensive and lash out with mean words and insults. (jealous much? I can see it)

Its ok to not be "into" a certain kind of skating or aesthetic or even certain skateboarders for that matter. But such hate? I just cant understand that.

Guile, you even said that you probably would have bought this, if it wasnt for Josh's bitching, did you not? Yet, a few hours (or days) later, you claim that static 3 is the worst video of the year. (confusing to say the least) Its almost as if you feel all these posts by Josh and Bleed Lava (not Josh, I think) are directed right at you PERSONALLY. So if it helps, trust that no on really cares about some weird Canadians opinion with a Travis Stengrer avatar, that has spent weeks of his life on a message board.

But if youre gonna argue that MOST (not all, but a very slim few) of you arent the "ravenous leaches and dogs" that you were referred to earlier, youre fucking crazy.

Bleed Lava is spot on. And I KNOW that 80% of you know it too. But you just keep your mouths shut for the faint hope that some awesome SLAP PAL will pm you a video for free.
As if spending $25 for a video is ridiculous.

Grow up. Support REAL skateboarding.

VIDEOS ARE STATIC'S ONLY PRODUCT. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY RE-COUP MONEY FOR THESE PROJECTS. IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
[close]
           Well, what Guile did is want to buy the video, then change his mind about it, then watched it for free and was glad he didn't buy it. It's a nice example of a informed consumer. I wouldn't refer to most of the people downloading videos as "ravenous leaches and dogs" because downloading a video and not buying in the first place simply means you don't care as much for it as someone who did buy it, in which case you could not be described as ravenous. If you were so ravenous for a video, then you wouldn't settle for the lower quality of a bootlegged copy and would buy it, having watched it already or not.
            I don't think that by not buying videos you're ruining the industry, of course, video makers would have you believe that for obvious reasons. If we assume that we are all just wanting everything for free, then we won't buy any videos, which means we niether support whatever kinds of videos you think represent what's right with skating or what's wrong with skating. Of course, if they were really losing so much money from the videos, companies would start making very few videos or just start coming out with videos with lower production quality. Lower production quality is how they account for the fact they don't make money from the actual sales of the video, but this would have no effect on the quality of skating in the video itself, which I think would be nice. It's just a shift in the industry, it's not the downfall of it. Do you really think that we owe these people who make these videos? The industry is supposed to accommodate the skaters, not the other way around. I'm not saying that skateboarding owes anything back to all of us or that the filmmakers owe us these videos for free, I'm saying people shouldn't feel like the owe it to anyone who makes a video to buy it just becuase they paid for it out of their pocket.
   These aren't excuses I'm making for not buying because I don't believe theres anything for excuses to be made for. If you read this, which you probably didn't, feel free to point out whatever I said is wrong and call me a fucking moron or a leach or whatever.

END ESSAY

read the essay people!

dkn

• Rep: -27
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »
hey this is the maker of static 3 please pm me the link

blazini

• Rep: -91
  • kook me, boi.
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »
so josh stewart makes a video and if we dont buy it, then its the end of the world and he insults all of us? damn, you already know how many people download videos nowadays, why did you even make the video? like guile said, why dont you get yourself a normal job instead of telling us to buy your dvd. and to whoever insulted canadians, look at americans first.
goon skwad

Vov Vurnquist

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
Wow....you are all indeed hopeless.I feared that my post would immediately implicate Josh as the one responsible for writing this.
I actually dont even know Josh...I met him briefly in San Diego in like 99 or thereabouts, but Im not even American, you knob.
No Guile, youd love it to be Josh though so your weak little case against him would be stronger. But youre only trying to convince
yourself and your tiny little squad of chatroom-dogs...so it doesn't matter either way.I hope "Theorizer" doesnt post on here any
more....he only seems to dig himself deeper every time he does.I think he really screwed the pooch by trying to defend himself on
in a chatroom.But youre veering sharply away from the point once again.Youve never done anything of your own so your fat, bitter ass sits
around all day chatting with children gossipping about what other people are doing. Its pathetic. My point is that if youre all going
to sit around and bitch about skateboarding and hate on everything all day long, why not support the things thatre actually GOOD in
skateboarding.....ie: Lakai, Habitat, Static, Krooked, etc. There are a lot of incredible videos out there right now and I have purchased all of the ones I wanted to see.Downloading them does nothing but damage an already mortally-wounded insdustry.

boo hoo the internet ruined my life

iwishilivedinjapan

• Rep: -8
  • I love SLAP
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »
Fucking great vov

alexander32thegrea

• Rep: -17
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
is anyone gonna actually post this fucking video or what? i keep checking back in and i see another three pages so i'm figuring someone actually posted the video, but nope just assholes chit chatting their lives away

mipe

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
wwait I want to hear someones honest opinion about the video.
It's cheaper than FF so maybe I'll buy it...
IF IT'S GOOD!

E-Static

• Rep: -8
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
PM por favori

teenageriot

• Rep: 3
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »
well I think the video was pretty bad except for Manfres part and Puleos tricks.  Its more like an art vid than a skatevideo, and the music sucked too.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
IF IT'S GOOD!

I like it a lot
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote
IF IT'S GOOD!
[close]

I like it a lot

Althoug watching it makes me sad, it's one hell of a video

pher

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
pm a nigga a link polease

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2007, 01:39:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
IF IT'S GOOD!
[close]

I like it a lot
[close]

Althoug watching it makes me sad, it's one hell of a video

?????
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

toy machine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
is anyone gonna actually post this fucking video or what? i keep checking back in and i see another three pages so i'm figuring someone actually posted the video, but nope just assholes chit chatting their lives away
well if you actually read what was going on you would no that im pming people the video not posting it, but the video got taken off of filefront so stop pming me everyone.   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:54:37 PM by toy machine »

slosher

• Rep: -10
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »
PM any time now

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2007, 02:33:26 PM »
i fucking hate skateboarding.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

slosher

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »
so quit

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2007, 02:40:14 PM »
i didnt say i hate messageboarding.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Criminal Slang.

• Rep: -4
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »
teenageriot is blatently a prick...

static 3 is awesome...

and all the statics before it.

slosher

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
i meant quit skating, messageboarding i could never quit

Criminal Slang.

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2007, 02:45:48 PM »
im still waiting for a static 3 pm......

slosher

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
If i get the pm, i wont pm it to you

Criminal Slang.

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »
hahaha ..cus ur a faggot...

slosher

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
no because i wont pm you the link unless i can skull fuck you

toy machine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2007, 02:49:06 PM »
both of you wont be getting a pm.