Author Topic: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?  (Read 90818 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?
« Reply #1350 on: April 12, 2024, 01:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Are Andale still a thing seen a few skate shops in the uk have the andale swiss at around bones reds price wouldn’t mind comparing a set to my bones Swiss
[close]

They're not great bearings. The "Swiss" are made in China. I'd recommend Modus over Andale any day.
Stay away from Andale. If you want a great cheap bearing go for the Flip HKD 5 or 7.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Goggzy60

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1351 on: April 12, 2024, 03:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are Andale still a thing seen a few skate shops in the uk have the andale swiss at around bones reds price wouldn’t mind comparing a set to my bones Swiss
[close]

They're not great bearings. The "Swiss" are made in China. I'd recommend Modus over Andale any day.
[close]
Stay away from Andale. If you want a great cheap bearing go for the Flip HKD 5 or 7.

Thanks I tend to ride bones Swiss but I’m on my 4th set in 18 months probably due to the to being in Scotland I have not had any bearings last longer than 6 months our paths and roads are pretty shite though.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #1352 on: April 12, 2024, 06:48:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks I tend to ride bones Swiss but I’m on my 4th set in 18 months probably due to the to being in Scotland I have not had any bearings last longer than 6 months our paths and roads are pretty shite though.

Get some green skf’s they have grease packed in them so they take awhile to break in, but I think they would be best for colder wetter environments
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1353 on: April 12, 2024, 06:43:49 PM »
Dry swiss six

But I rode some ceramic reds with Xtra spread cream the other day and they were fast as fuck

smg1138

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1354 on: April 15, 2024, 12:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Due to rust or just falling apart? If rust is an issue, ceramic bearings might be worth checking out.

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #1355 on: April 15, 2024, 11:17:28 PM »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #1356 on: April 21, 2024, 04:55:23 PM »
I’m skating Thunder hollow light his. I threw in Independent standard cylindrical medium/92A bushings because I heard they were good and I don’t really like standard Thunder bushings.

So far the mediums have been working. Only minor things are that there’s a slight bit of muffin top going on, and I’m kind of thinking that conical bushings might be better.

smg1138

« Reply #1357 on: April 21, 2024, 05:25:53 PM »
I’m skating Thunder hollow light his. I threw in Independent standard cylindrical medium/92A bushings because I heard they were good and I don’t really like standard Thunder bushings.

So far the mediums have been working. Only minor things are that there’s a slight bit of muffin top going on, and I’m kind of thinking that conical bushings might be better.

The best bushings I've found for Thunders are the DLX made Thunder replacement bushings. IME everything else throws off the geometry too much or just feels weird. I weigh 175 and prefer my trucks on the tighter side of medium, so I usually opt for the 97a. IDK how anybody but children can skate the stock 90a bushings without getting massive wheelbite all the time, especially on forged plates.

lulz

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1358 on: April 21, 2024, 07:29:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The best bushings I've found for Thunders are the DLX made Thunder replacement bushings. IME everything else throws off the geometry too much or just feels weird. I weigh 175 and prefer my trucks on the tighter side of medium, so I usually opt for the 97a. IDK how anybody but children can skate the stock 90a bushings without getting massive wheelbite all the time, especially on forged plates.

Hey, your viewpoints are relevant in the following thread:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112631.msg4178767#msg4178767

This one is the bearing thread…lol  :)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #1359 on: April 21, 2024, 08:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah my mistake, was looking for the bushing thread on my phone, wasn’t paying enough attention, and  mistook bearing for bushing haha

smg1138

« Reply #1360 on: April 22, 2024, 01:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Dude sorry, I was super baked when I posted that  :P

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1361 on: April 22, 2024, 04:27:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

As long as you didn't try to put bushings in where bearings go and bearings in where your bushings go, I think we are all doing ok.

:)

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

lulz

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1362 on: April 22, 2024, 07:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So far the mediums have
been working. Only minor things are that there’s a slight bit of muffin top going on, and I’m kind of thinking that conical bushings might be better.
[close]

[close]

[close]

No problems, fellow slappers. Just felt like you’d get better, more in depth responses, in the other thread.

Also, which bearings are you running? ;D

ghost of barry white

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1363 on: April 22, 2024, 11:20:35 PM »
Whatever you do, do not buy Bronson ceramics. Literally the worst set of bearings I’ve ever had. Never had every bearing go to shit so fast.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1364 on: April 22, 2024, 11:22:12 PM »
Whatever you do, do not buy Bronson ceramics. Literally the worst set of bearings I’ve ever had. Never had every bearing go to shit so fast.
Or for that matter stay away from any Bronson.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.