Author Topic: I suck....  (Read 5298 times)

skatemore,man

Re: I suck....
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »
my advice is learn all the heelflip variations. no one likes em enough to learn em all.

fs heelflip in a game of skate is my ace in the hole

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 06:15:56 PM »
If you're really desperate, you can do stupid body varial variations.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 07:12:52 PM »
if you are 10 maybe, or else you're gonna get laughed at
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »
if you are 10 maybe, or else you're gonna get laughed at
That's why I said, "If you're really desperate"
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

skasta

• Rep: -19
  • §
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
reverts reverts reverts and body varials

people hate them but they do sure win games.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 08:07:32 PM »
tricks i consitantly get people on:

fakie variel flip
full cab
nollie flip
switch 360 shuvit
fs shuvit

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »

fakie variel flip
full cab
nollie flip
switch 360 shuvit
fs shuvit

s/s 360 shove? that's pretty real.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 11:27:30 PM »
this is slap dude
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 11:30:36 PM »
this is slap dude

...for reals, my bad.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 11:32:46 PM »
man i hate flatground

89-90pistons

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »

Edward Penishands

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote

fakie variel flip
full cab
nollie flip
switch 360 shuvit
fs shuvit
[close]

it's what happens when i try to switch tre flip. i can never flip it, not even upside down.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

fakie variel flip
full cab
nollie flip
switch 360 shuvit
fs shuvit
[close]

[close]

it's what happens when i try to switch tre flip. i can never flip it, not even upside down.

more toe hanging off and it flips itself, the front foot just helps apply pressure.
If you can land the shoves, the flip is just a foot placement away.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »
Sorry, for the nerdy trick tip, I couldn't help it.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 08:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

fakie variel flip
full cab
nollie flip
switch 360 shuvit
fs shuvit
[close]

[close]

thats how i learned them too. i also learned switch impossibles like that too. and its easy to revert that trick for the ghey take down on the last letter.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 08:37:46 PM »
My weaknesses are everyone elses' go-to tricks on flat. Any spinning nollie fliptrick, nollie bs bigspin, full cab, fs flip, tre, fakie tre. I've got two friends that will shut me out every time if they don't fuck up based on their knowledge of what I just can't do.

But like I SUCK said, it's all about heelflips. Maybe all ollie-north variations, or double-flips. the kookier the better if you're playing someone that's actually good, and don't want it to go into infinity
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
My weaknesses are everyone elses' go-to tricks on flat. Any spinning nollie fliptrick, nollie bs bigspin, full cab, fs flip, tre, fakie tre. I've got two friends that will shut me out every time if they don't fuck up based on their knowledge of what I just can't do.

But like I SUCK said, it's all about heelflips. Maybe all ollie-north variations, or double-flips. the kookier the better if you're playing someone that's actually good, and don't want it to go into infinity

If you care eneough to win, you can always practice their tricks and learn the ones you can get closest to. If you learn a few it might be enough to throw off their game. SKATE is half mental, if you shake someone's confidence you can win even if their better. I know some people play SKATE to learn new tricks, but why play if you don't intend to win.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you care eneough to win, you can always practice their tricks and learn the ones you can get closest to. If you learn a few it might be enough to throw off their game. SKATE is half mental, if you shake someone's confidence you can win even if their better. I know some people play SKATE to learn new tricks, but why play if you don't intend to win.

Thanks, Jamie Thomas! You're the bestest ever!  :-*

I've gotta learn fs flips. I used to do them when I was a kid, the way of Muska, and got made fun of, and quit doing them completely.

Other tricks like nollie 180 heels my body just tards out and I land primo
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've gotta learn fs flips. I used to do them when I was a kid, the way of Muska, and got made fun of, and quit doing them completely.

I learned f/s flips watching Ellington. Here's what I learned;
Back foot in the center of the tip of the tail with it facing more forward than most tricks. (heel hanging off the tail) front foot facing a little more forward than a kick flip, then kick flip while opening your shoulders 180, if you can catch it 90 you can then turn it a little in the air and the rest on the ground.
I suck at them, but if I focus on those things, I can do em.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »
...hope that helps.

I also found that if I put in 10 to 20 tries a day with any flat trick, I don't get frustrated while I gradually get more comfortable with the trick.
It takes me about 2 weeks to learn a new trick well, but you then have all the fundamentals that you need to keep it.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2008, 09:09:34 PM »
hahah, that's an amazing tutorial. I will try this.

The whole 15-20 tries a day regiment will probably take more disciplin than I've ever applied to my skateboarding, but ok.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2008, 09:26:24 PM »
hahah, that's an amazing tutorial. I will try this.

The whole 15-20 tries a day regiment will probably take more disciplin than I've ever applied to my skateboarding, but ok.

its true though. i wish i could do enough of a trick i got conditioned to land it no matter what kind of like ollies. if you step on a board and put your feet in a popping position then jump its almost impossible to not ollie.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Edward Penishands

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 10:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I learned f/s flips watching Ellington. Here's what I learned;
Back foot in the center of the tip of the tail with it facing more forward than most tricks. (heel hanging off the tail) front foot facing a little more forward than a kick flip, then kick flip while opening your shoulders 180, if you can catch it 90 you can then turn it a little in the air and the rest on the ground.
I suck at them, but if I focus on those things, I can do em.

basically what he said, but in video form and from a different pro skateboarder

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eagIhus5J8

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »
Stoked that this turned into a "help Eric learn fs flips" thread

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »
the only difference is Ellington puts his foot a little more in the center, but Andrew's obviously the master.