Author Topic: VINYL IS GRATE!  (Read 3342 times)

deep

Re: VINYL IS GRATE!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 04:53:06 AM »
i think i need a phono receiver, but whatever

You do. Without a phono stage it ain't gonna get any louder than that. You can get a phono preamp for like $30.

im taking notes right now  :)

Jesse

• Rep: 31
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »
vinyl has a richer sound then mp3 but 320 kbs is pretty close when it comes to the quality of the sound

Not really. 320 just means the mp3 doesn't sound like shit when you play it on a loud ass system, like say a DJ spinning with Serato at the club can only really play shit at 320 because otherwise you lose the punch and boom from the bass.

This is all because mp3s are just highly compressed sound files. Analog sound will always be superior on a good system because its less compressed, and has the best sound response from high and low ends. Most albums today are also mastered more poorly than ever before, because the average consumer is listening to mp3s on tiny computer speakers or shitty earbuds. The age of true high-fidelity is over.
Skateboarding is over for you now.

colin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
Cool thread. I've heard some good things about old receivers like that - like they have a lot of power b/c old speakers were less efficient.

Man, a turntable with a USB port - that would've been a dream come true for me a few years ago; I wanted to get everything on vinyl, and then put it on my computer to put the songs on CD for the car and stuff. A turntable with USB would've made things a lot easier, and keeps the dream alive.

Oh well, I guess I don't support terrorism, since all my music is 1's and 0's and came over the internet so it doesn't take too much oil! :)

wookie nipple

• Rep: -2
  • Stay Gold!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »
my favorite record would have to be my Dark Side of the Moon album dopest shit in the world

og de souzas legs

• Rep: 3
  • if boner lasts more than 4 hours, call more ladies
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
getting a record player added a whole new element in my life. instead of being bored all the time with 5 dollars for spending money after groceries, rent, board products, i can just go  1$ vinyl hunting.