Author Topic: zip file passwords  (Read 77306 times)

skatemore,man

Re: zip file passwords
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »
chill out man. if you want to find out about torrents and shit check out www.deadhook.com. Its a trading community site, cats trade all kinds of music there, but what you're looking for might be there as well. If it's not, create a quick account and create a post asking for help, someone will get back to you within a day or two.

Also, branch out in your musical sphere son. Sublime is in contention for the #1 spot in my all time fave list, with the Dead, Minor Threat, Marley, Howlin wolf, and Monk, but listening to that stuff all the time is not good for you-even when you are smoking dub all the time, at least listen to some dead or bassnectar. If you branch out you will find bands better than 311 and the chilis, guaranteed. Check out the circle jerks, flea played bass with them. if you like the mellow shit, check out bassnectar, david grisman, miles davis, blind melon, syd barret, james taylor. do yourself a favor.

////////////

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »
i got sent a bassnectar cd
it fucking sucked
fuck you,man

skatemore,man

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »
ive never heard a bassnectar cd, i've only seem him in venues a few times and he's pretty sick. i'm not into electronic music but that dudes shit gets me going.

wbzskate311

• Rep: -21
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 10:19:37 PM »
chill out man. if you want to find out about torrents and shit check out www.deadhook.com. Its a trading community site, cats trade all kinds of music there, but what you're looking for might be there as well. If it's not, create a quick account and create a post asking for help, someone will get back to you within a day or two.

Also, branch out in your musical sphere son. Sublime is in contention for the #1 spot in my all time fave list, with the Dead, Minor Threat, Marley, Howlin wolf, and Monk, but listening to that stuff all the time is not good for you-even when you are smoking dub all the time, at least listen to some dead or bassnectar. If you branch out you will find bands better than 311 and the chilis, guaranteed. Check out the circle jerks, flea played bass with them. if you like the mellow shit, check out bassnectar, david grisman, miles davis, blind melon, syd barret, james taylor. do yourself a favor.

i appreciate the only intelligent response i've gotten back about what i made the thread about.  just need to let you know all the old posts you're seeing are from a pretty different time in my life.  i rarely smoke weed anymore, looks like i'm not smoking for six months because of the probation i'm being put on tomorrow.  if you look the post that cuban linx referenced is from february 07, nearly a year ago.  i listen to a very broad span of music.  a lot of music probably a lot of people on here have never heard of but of course everyone has their mainstream music they like that they won't admit, for fear of not looking as cool or underground as everyone else. 

i agree 311 is not as good as they used to be.  my favorite album by them is music, and i like select songs from all the other ones, definitely do not like the direction they went with their newest don't tread on me.  whiskey and wine is a great original song, but the pitch of their voice sounds really lame. 

my favorite music are the bands that can make a complete album you can love the whole way through.  the weezer blue album was one of those..  there just aren't too many.  lately it's like any band puts out an album with one or two standout songs and the rest of the album is garbage.  the new foo fighters is in my opinion pretty decent.  it's got one shitty song (track 3) but the rest is pretty damn good considering how mainstream they have become.  tell me a few bands you really like, and we could swap.  i don't really want to discuss music with the fags on here that act like they're too cool to talk to anyone outside of their established social circle.

skatemore,man

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
i could care less how people post here, peoples minds change like the wind. i've been posting here on and off for 5 or 6 or years with different names and dude, there are many things i typed when i was 16 that could be laughed at, shit when i was 18- people bang up on me for anything, but kid, it's a message board full of skaters, so shut the fuck up or roll like YMHY. don't bitch about it.

wbzskate311

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 03:31:23 PM »
i'm not bitching, just more or less stating the obvious that a lot of people don't want to say around here.  it just seems certain skaters are "cool" on here while others aren't.  i think it's the fact that people are skating period that matters.  all these people bitching about someone's style being bad..  i mean honestly who cares?  if they suck THAT bad why don't the people talking shit go out and do better?  all the negativity about sheckler..  i mean of course he's selling out but if you had that much talent at a young age you would almost have to be a moron to not take advantage of it.  if you're doing something you love and you can make extra money doing it, why not?  it only becomes ridiculous to me when skaters endorse non skate merchandise, but then again you see professional sports players endorsing the most random things too.  are they not sellouts on the same caliber?  nobody wants to live off ramen noodles the rest of their lives just to be remembered as "core."  some of the skaters a lot of these kids respect for not selling out would if they had the opportunity to do so.  you never hear people bitching about michael jordan endorsing underwear, just because it's more of a social norm for that to happen. 

E.l.G

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
all the negativity about sheckler..  i mean of course he's selling out but if you had that much talent at a young age you would almost have to be a moron to not take advantage of it.  if you're doing something you love and you can make extra money doing it, why not?  it only becomes ridiculous to me when skaters endorse non skate merchandise,

These kind of posts confuse me. It seems like most of the people who try to defend the dude are missing the issue totally, and I can only assume It's because they/you consider his behavior normal enough to discount as a reason for the hatred. It's not really the fact that he's selling out (btw sheckler endorses the shit out of a whole truckload of non-skate merchandise in case you hadn't noticed). He gets so much more hate than more run of the mill "sell-outs" because he is an inexcusably arrogant douchebag. He is the kind of dude that any reasonable person would want to punch in the nuts upon meeting. It's not really a winning tactic to try and defend someone like that no matter how awesome (or not) their skating is.

swissenheights

• Rep: 6
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »
holy shit you guys are ruthless ..he didn't stand a chance eh
dah

• Rep: 48
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 11:26:20 PM »
No, not here.  Not really.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 03:38:04 AM »
I like to see michael jordan in underwear.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 06:10:34 AM »

skatemore,man

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
i'm not bitching, just more or less stating the obvious that a lot of people don't want to say around here.  it just seems certain skaters are "cool" on here while others aren't.  i think it's the fact that people are skating period that matters.  all these people bitching about someone's style being bad..  i mean honestly who cares?  if they suck THAT bad why don't the people talking shit go out and do better?  all the negativity about sheckler..  i mean of course he's selling out but if you had that much talent at a young age you would almost have to be a moron to not take advantage of it.  if you're doing something you love and you can make extra money doing it, why not?  it only becomes ridiculous to me when skaters endorse non skate merchandise, but then again you see professional sports players endorsing the most random things too.  are they not sellouts on the same caliber?  nobody wants to live off ramen noodles the rest of their lives just to be remembered as "core."  some of the skaters a lot of these kids respect for not selling out would if they had the opportunity to do so.  you never hear people bitching about michael jordan endorsing underwear, just because it's more of a social norm for that to happen. 

i think that you're missing the point when you're getting into the sheckler thing. I think that most of the cats on this board (like the pun hey?) are here because they like to talk about skateboarding in the lower case. In any given case it's about life. Myself i've recently come to the reality that i can't just travel around skating, writing, playing music, and making love now that i'm done with school. I've got to find a means to do so. Now i could get an office job and take 2 weeks at the end of the year to do it or i can sign up working for youth programs in different states until i'm ready to chill out and get a family (everyone has options!) So, you've got Sheckler V, say, Ed Templeton. Ed's most likely making plenty of $ doing what he does and he has gone about it in the right way, whereas sheckler is just a piece of "social norm." Who the fuck wants skateboarding to be the social norm? not i.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA, that's classic shit right there.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »

Photoshop should come with a Slap template that just has that picture with a hole where the head is.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 02:39:41 AM »
Expand Quote
so the new jack johnson album
[close]
i stopped reading after that
no shit.

Uglly.

• Rep: 16
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so the new jack johnson album
[close]
i stopped reading after that
[close]
no shit. i'm on my way to cop that joint right now.

lurkinbroh

• Rep: -5
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »

wbzskate311

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »

lol..  that's great.  i don't get why people would go out of there way to try and make fun of me so much but that's the shit.  thank you. 

////////////

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »
so you were bullied a lot in high school right?

wbzskate311

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »

you could say that.  but when it's graduation day and all you took were honors classes and advanced placement and you're third in the class you're pretty much giving everybody else the middle finger.  i was a year younger than everyone my whole life in school, and i wasn't the biggest guy to begin with.  what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  now i'm a semester away from a bachelor's degree and i get paid to talk to fine ass bitches all day and just run around food.  the ale house is the fucking shit.  they even play skateboarding whenever it's on fuel.  you can't complain.  have fun nerding out on the message boards faggot.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »
have fun nerding out on the message boards faggot.
Why do so many people say shit like this or the alternative "g0 sk8 webfag0tz"? You can't seriously rag on someone for being on a messageboard by being on that message board doing exactly what they're doing.

I don't care about the hate being thrown around, but it gets me dizzy to read someone post something online to point out that someone else is posting online. It's not even ironic, it's just dumb.

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
These words from Friedrich Nietzsche are quoted over and over with very little thought.  Really, if you were schizophrenic, it wouldn't kill you, but would it be making you stronger?  If you were brain-dead and hooked up to a life support system where you could live until you died from old age, would that make you stronger?  My ex-wife was always on the Dean's list in college with straight A's, but she couldn't think for herself to save her life (and she wrote horrible fucking poetry).  It's easy to regurgitate what you read to formulate what a professor wants in a paper or exam.  Original thought takes guts.

“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

wbzskate311

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2008, 12:53:44 AM »
Expand Quote
have fun nerding out on the message boards faggot.
[close]
Why do so many people say shit like this or the alternative "g0 sk8 webfag0tz"? You can't seriously rag on someone for being on a messageboard by being on that message board doing exactly what they're doing.

I don't care about the hate being thrown around, but it gets me dizzy to read someone post something online to point out that someone else is posting online. It's not even ironic, it's just dumb.

i knew somebody would throw out that card.  what i meant by nerding out is the fact that this guy lives on here compared to me.  i have .12 something posts a day i think, and i've been a member for almost a year.  this guy has over a thousand posts at an average of 2 a day.  that's more than 20 times how often i do.  case in point. 

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
You can Brute Force that shit open, the encryption ain't deep, just Google it and apply some rudimentary hacking skills.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

wbzskate311

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2008, 01:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
These words from Friedrich Nietzsche are quoted over and over with very little thought.  Really, if you were schizophrenic, it wouldn't kill you, but would it be making you stronger?  If you were brain-dead and hooked up to a life support system where you could live until you died from old age, would that make you stronger?  My ex-wife was always on the Dean's list in college with straight A's, but she couldn't think for herself to save her life (and she wrote horrible fucking poetry).  It's easy to regurgitate what you read to formulate what a professor wants in a paper or exam.  Original thought takes guts.

you really have no idea.  i've been homeless and broke before, and addicted to substances i don't want to name that should have killed me at the same time.  i truly know what the bottom of the barrel is.  i'm not going to give away too many details on my personal life, but i've been through things and felt emotions brought on by those experiences that the average person just couldn't grasp.  it's ironic you'd use the life support analogy, because i watched my grandfather die at the age of 14 when even life support couldn't keep him going.  and he was one of the strongest men i've ever known.

i agree grades honestly don't matter in terms of showing how intelliigent somebody is (einstein was flunking math in school), but they do show a work ethic.  it doesn't matter how smart you are, even genius, it takes work to get good grades.  it's also funny you'd mention the schizophrenic thing..  i won't go into it but let's just say i probably know more about mental disorders from my own experience than most people could comprehend with 12 years of school.  you can read and memorize whatever the hell you want, but it's actually <b>going through</b> and <b>experiencing</b> certain situations that you learn the most from.

life's never been better for me at this point.  i stopped giving a fuck about what other people think, realized the problems in my family are out of my control, and decided to finally just live life rather than worry about what society tells me i should be doing.  do i truly want to go to college?  hell no.  but since i'm a semester away from a degree i may as well finish.  money isn't everything but it sure does make a lot of dreams become reality.  and i'm also starting to see that posting on here is pretty much a waste of time.  unless you're just chiming in to what the majority agrees on all you get are delinquent comments that basically say the same thing: we all try to act like we're open minded because we're involved in such an "artistic creative hobby", but really we're just as cliqued up as those preps and football players we all make fun of.  

granted there are people on here that don't have to talk shit to feel better about their own opinions and tastes, but they're few and far between.  to the people that let people be themselves and learn for themselves, i applaud you.  

wbzskate311

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2008, 01:19:55 AM »
You can Brute Force that shit open, the encryption ain't deep, just Google it and apply some rudimentary hacking skills.

thanks for a reply that actually applies to the topic..  i think this is the second or third one out of almost two pages.  at this rate i should get at least two more if i can get this going for another three pages.  the other posts will consist of people with too much time on their hands editing pictures of me and talking shit on someone that they'll probably never meet, therefore never know, and therefore really have no basis for talking shit on in the first place.  cool.

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2008, 01:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

you really have no idea.  i've been homeless and broke before, and addicted to substances i don't want to name that should have killed me at the same time.  i truly know what the bottom of the barrel is.  i'm not going to give away too many details on my personal life, but i've been through things and felt emotions brought on by those experiences that the average person just couldn't grasp.  it's ironic you'd use the life support analogy, because i watched my grandfather die at the age of 14 when even life support couldn't keep him going.  and he was one of the strongest men i've ever known.

i agree grades honestly don't matter in terms of showing how intelliigent somebody is (einstein was flunking math in school), but they do show a work ethic.  it doesn't matter how smart you are, even genius, it takes work to get good grades.  it's also funny you'd mention the schizophrenic thing..  i won't go into it but let's just say i probably know more about mental disorders from my own experience than most people could comprehend with 12 years of school.  you can read and memorize whatever the hell you want, but it's actually <b>going through</b> and <b>experiencing</b> certain situations that you learn the most from.

life's never been better for me at this point.  i stopped giving a fuck about what other people think, realized the problems in my family are out of my control, and decided to finally just live life rather than worry about what society tells me i should be doing.  do i truly want to go to college?  hell no.  but since i'm a semester away from a degree i may as well finish.  money isn't everything but it sure does make a lot of dreams become reality.  and i'm also starting to see that posting on here is pretty much a waste of time.  unless you're just chiming in to what the majority agrees on all you get are delinquent comments that basically say the same thing: we all try to act like we're open minded because we're involved in such an "artistic creative hobby", but really we're just as cliqued up as those preps and football players we all make fun of. 

granted there are people on here that don't have to talk shit to feel better about their own opinions and tastes, but they're few and far between.  to the people that let people be themselves and learn for themselves, i applaud you. 
Yes, actually I do have an idea.  I've been homeless and living inside of my car for 3-4 months before.  Divorced.  Diagnosed with depression.  Alcoholism (never been dumb enough to touch "hard" drugs because I already knew the outcome).  Bachelor's in English with a minor in Japanese (only 5 credits away from another degree, but I was getting divorced at the time so I didn't finish that up) from UGA.  My family came from a very impoverished background in the Philippines (below poverty to be exact).  If misery loves company, then I'm his best friend.

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2008, 03:10:56 AM »
Okay, how about this example:  How does someone with pedophilia become stronger from his addiction to seeing children in sexual situations?  Or a serial rapist?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2008, 03:39:29 AM »
so wait, all this over  jack johnson?.....
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2008, 03:44:29 AM »
so wait, all this over  jack johnson?.....
And such is the beauty of the slap messageboard.

skatemore,man

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

<b>you really have no idea.  i've been homeless and broke before, and addicted to substances i don't want to name that should have killed me at the same time.  i truly know what the bottom of the barrel is.  i'm not going to give away too many details on my personal life, but i've been through things and felt emotions brought on by those experiences that the average person just couldn't grasp.</b>  it's ironic you'd use the life support analogy, because i watched my grandfather die at the age of 14 when even life support couldn't keep him going.  and he was one of the strongest men i've ever known.

i agree grades honestly don't matter in terms of showing how intelliigent somebody is (einstein was flunking math in school), but they do show a work ethic.  it doesn't matter how smart you are, even genius, it takes work to get good grades.  it's also funny you'd mention the schizophrenic thing..  i won't go into it but let's just say i probably know more about mental disorders from my own experience than most people could comprehend with 12 years of school.  you can read and memorize whatever the hell you want, but it's actually <b>going through</b> and <b>experiencing</b> certain situations that you learn the most from.

life's never been better for me at this point.  i stopped giving a fuck about what other people think, realized the problems in my family are out of my control, and decided to finally just live life rather than worry about what society tells me i should be doing.  do i truly want to go to college?  hell no.  but since i'm a semester away from a degree i may as well finish.  money isn't everything but it sure does make a lot of dreams become reality.  and i'm also starting to see that posting on here is pretty much a waste of time.  unless you're just chiming in to what the majority agrees on all you get are delinquent comments that basically say the same thing: we all try to act like we're open minded because we're involved in such an "artistic creative hobby", but really we're just as cliqued up as those preps and football players we all make fun of. 

granted there are people on here that don't have to talk shit to feel better about their own opinions and tastes, but they're few and far between.  <b>to the people that let people be themselves and learn for themselves, i applaud you.</b> 

Brother we are all the same. Average people, low end people, high end people, those concepts are a sham. Yes, intelligence does come through by means of comprehension, but it doesn't bring someone outside the realm of "normal" and or "average." I can understand when saying "average" if talking about the average person not accepting civic duties and exercising civil rights, or even interests, but fuckin a man, the "average" person has probably been at the bottom of the barrel. Look up the numbers of how many Americans (sorry slappers who aren't american, well actually no, you might be lucky!) are prescribed psych. meds. Ask people how they've lost loved ones, when and in what way. Go to an NA meeting and see how many people are addicted to something.Even here, post a poll on how many people have been homeless, who has had a drug problem, who has gone off the deep end. You're appearing to be pretty normal to me at this point. And i'm not saying that as a bad thing, but when putting oneself in a category above others, or even outside in that context, you're going to be a miserable little bitch. we're just people home slice. Sometimes that takes a while to get a grasp on.  Now i'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or how to live their life, but there are a few things that are like, so important to the world, that i don't really give a fuck about.... i do recommend buying yourself a minor threat record too, preferably the complete discography.

learn for themselves? it's a message board dude. a place to exchange attitudes and opinions. sometimes i think of it as a subpar open air squatters market.