Author Topic: When did fast food freakouts become a thing?  (Read 2030 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
When did fast food freakouts become a thing?
« on: July 20, 2020, 07:31:18 PM »
I understand being treated rudely and standing up for yourself, however it seems posturing like look at me and I just want to be an asshole. Also never fuck with someone who is cooking your food that to me seems like your instigating an argument like a Karen.
Dueces Bitch's

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: When did fast food freakouts become a thing?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 08:23:35 PM »
I worked fast food in HS. The customers were terrible and seemed to be surprised that  their 99 cent cheeseburger that was made in 35 seconds might not be of the highest quality.

I had a woman throw a baked potato at my manager. I had dudes come in screaming about their order being wrong. Everyone seemed to think we lacked any value because we worked fast food.

I snapped at a few and I still think about how good it felt. One lady lost her mind when I told her I cancelled her order because she had a bad attitude.

Not to mention this running joke in CKY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXmVJfsBjY

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »
I worked fast food in HS. The customers were terrible and seemed to be surprised that  their 99 cent cheeseburger that was made in 35 seconds might not be of the highest quality.

I had a woman throw a baked potato at my manager. I had dudes come in screaming about their order being wrong. Everyone seemed to think we lacked any value because we worked fast food.

I snapped at a few and I still think about how good it felt. One lady lost her mind when I told her I cancelled her order because she had a bad attitude.

What makes me furious as a person who gives a shit why are fast food places primarily a lower income area? Are you surprised if someone gets fed up both ways?

I worked at a gas station a time or two and the rednecks who lived near me would always steal shit.

I chased them out one night got my house broken in to cats let out shit was broken, called the cops to report it. Cops were like did you see them? No but I know it’s them,well sir I can’t arrest them by here say.
Which also lead to more harassment/threats by them.   I later on applied for a concealed weapons license, easier than paying a parking ticket.

Dueces Bitch's

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »

I snapped at a few and I still think about how good it felt. One lady lost her mind when I told her I cancelled her order because she had a bad attitude

That must be an amazing feeling

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »
God damn what an asshole move, haha.  Imagine that poor lady having to work the next 6 hours on her shift with milkshake splattered on her uniform.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

aLEXICONdEVIL

• Rep: 6

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 06:26:31 AM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 07:33:34 AM »
It's always been a thing, more people just have cameras.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 07:42:54 AM »
Worse I ever did was drive up to them late at night with my friends, and ask for a large order of "fried assholes".

They would always hear "fried APPLES". Then be like "sir we do not serve apples here". We would chuckle and drive off.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 07:55:57 AM »
Food/Eating is an emotional experience. Even if it's fast food.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 07:57:47 AM »
Worked at a Fazolis about a decade ago, people were very angry that their pre-cooked pasta sucked. Had a woman throw a chicken Alfredo at me because it wasn't supposed to have chicken. I even offered to remake it (I didn't make it or take the order) but she wasn't having it.

Fast Food workers deserve raises

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 08:47:24 AM »
https://youtu.be/QXrhzdeIsRE
Great movie and this dude I feel like this guy sometimes...........
Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 12:26:23 PM »
I've thrown burgers at employees.

I hit this one fucker with a Shaq Attack Meal. I was pissed I was on my way to detox on Long Island (Quincy ma)

These restrooms are for fucking fighting or getting high.

I started working at CrackDonald's. I was making like 5gs a week in the 90s till some fucker wanted to fight while I was on the register.

I worked a dunks too. That was easy. No uniform era. Cops told my boss they thought I was putting LSD in their coffee.

I stopped selling LSD immediately and was asked to quit quietly.

I was an awful child.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »
It's always been a thing, more people just have cameras.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »
I think some nut in San Diego county killed a bunch of ppl at a McDonald's in the 80s.

https://youtu.be/WDWBzpZTrRU
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:36:19 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »
I came here to post the Falling Down scene too. That movie isn't perfect but it is underappreciated as a black comedy dissecting frustrations in America, including race relations and white privilege/outrage, and has some fantastic scenes, like this one:

https://youtu.be/qgd2EPmB5MU

At 1:45, Douglas' character tries to demand, in a rhetorical fashion, that the Korean store clerk remind himself how much money in aid the U.S. has given Korea. When the clerk immediately responds, "How much?" Douglas puts on this baffled expression, realizing he actually has no idea, and says, "...I don't know...but it's gotta be a lot, you can bet on that..."

Comedy gold.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:52:37 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »
I came here to post the Falling Down scene too. That movie isn't perfect but it is underappreciated as a black comedy dissecting frustrations in America, including race relations and white privilege/outrage, and has some fantastic scenes, like this one:

https://youtu.be/qgd2EPmB5MU

At 1:45, Douglas' character tries to demand, in a rhetorical fashion, that the Korean store clerk remind himself how much money in aid the U.S. has given Korea. When the clerk immediately responds, "How much?" Douglas puts on this baffled expression, realizing he actually has no idea, and says, "...I don't know...but it's gotta be a lot, you can bet on that..."

Comedy gold.
I like Douglas' character when dealing with the bum,  like fuck you buddy.  I have no problem with hooking people up if they're busking or something that's not just panhandling. Get a job idiot......
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 08:18:55 PM »
Worked at a Fazolis about a decade ago, people were very angry that their pre-cooked pasta sucked. Had a woman throw a chicken Alfredo at me because it wasn't supposed to have chicken. I even offered to remake it (I didn't make it or take the order) but she wasn't having it.

Fast Food workers deserve raises
Fizolis holy  shit I remember that place terrible food but if you're broke you'll eat anything.   That sucks someone threw food at you.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »

I hit this one fucker with a Shaq Attack Meal. I was pissed I was on my way to detox on Long Island (Quincy ma)

I started working at CrackDonald's. I was making like 5gs a week in the 90s till some fucker wanted to fight while I was on the register.

I worked a dunks too. That was easy. No uniform era. Cops told my boss they thought I was putting LSD in their coffee.

I was an awful child.
I was in Santa Cruz I believe 99' was with some hippie chick and went to get some Carl's Jr breakfast.

The manager took my order  but wouldn't let us eat inside . I said excuse me? You need to leave hands me my food in a to go bag.

I was like nuh uh this ain't going down. I destroyed the countertop kicked over the registers spit on the poor guys face.

Now mind you I don't feel right for doing this...... I acknowledge I might've overreacted to his bullshit, but then again if someone is disrespectful one does not have much of a choice but to get buck. Do I feel bad yes would I do it again no but I'm not going to take anyone's guff.
Dueces Bitch's

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 01:13:05 AM »
https://youtu.be/7e_XQ86-Ni4
Not fast food obviously, but when I did work in fast food in my late teens I always wanted to talk to customers like how Randall did here; but alas, I never did; I was too chickenshit of getting written up or fired.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
A friend of mine drove us to a concert, and after we were done, we decided to get McDonald's. Lots of people were doing the same. My friend happened to get a cold patty in his hamburger, and proceeded to go back and complain loudly to the long line, showing them the burger and angrily announcing "It's FUCKING COLD." I was in the car as he was doing this; he told us the story later, and goddamn I had secondhand embarrassment.

There's a psychological bond to fast food. Maybe it's one of the few things people rely on to be perfect, some need that feeling of constant satisfaction. And McDonald's has set their bar so high that people expect the same out of every single chain to operate as efficiently and perfectly as possible. Like it invites and even welcomes the freedom to be a control freak.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 06:08:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/7e_XQ86-Ni4
Not fast food obviously, but when I did work in fast food in my late teens I always wanted to talk to customers like how Randall did here; but alas, I never did; I was too chickenshit of getting written up or fired.

hahaha "your not allowed to rent here anymore!!", that whole movie is great with how he interacts with customers.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2020, 05:15:33 AM »
Expand Quote

I was an awful child.
[close]
I was in Santa Cruz I believe 99' was with some hippie chick and went to get some Carl's Jr breakfast.

The manager took my order  but wouldn't let us eat inside . I said excuse me? You need to leave hands me my food in a to go bag.

I was like nuh uh this ain't going down. I destroyed the countertop kicked over the registers spit on the poor guys face.

Now mind you I don't feel right for doing this...... I acknowledge I might've overreacted to his bullshit, but then again if someone is disrespectful one does not have much of a choice but to get buck. Do I feel bad yes would I do it again no but I'm not going to take anyone's guff.

Werd been there.
I was more of a clear the teachers desk type when came to pure breaking shit mode.
But
I've been asking to eat outside before tons of times. Then they came outside and tried to get us to go further down the street.

I just said no.

I'm a much better adult than child.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »
Because it's neither fast, nor food. But I fucking love McDonalds..

SK8houses

• Rep: -2
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2020, 06:36:11 PM »
It’s always been a thing, we just got footy of it going viral now.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »

My boy used to work at Taco Bell and he used to crack every taco shell, make skinny bean burritos, etc when people were assholes