Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525345 times)

buttpirate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #16440 on: February 29, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How's the ankle support on the huppers? my ankles are nagging me and I want some support without having to look down at a shoe that I hate. I have busenitz and was skating those today hoping the heel cup would help to no avail
[close]

non-existent.  I really like the huppers, but the ankle is thins and floppy like a normal canvas chuck taylor hi top.  Here's a picture that kind of shows how thin the hi top part is. toe/ollie area will last forever.

[close]
Well fuck, was hoping to try something different.
[close]
emerica westgate's or nike blazers, easy
[close]
I've had both, multiple blazers, just trying to find something new and exciting. If not the blazers will be purchased.
sounds like we have somewhat similar taste in shoes. I've been hankering for these for a bit, maybe give them a go

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16441 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:37 PM »
got these today
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16442 on: February 29, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »
havent skated mine yet but the skytops feel great to wear they've got a really unique shape & feel to them when they're on your feet. im sure they skate very well.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #16443 on: March 01, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
i havent got to skate a pair yet but i bet the flick on the busenitz is superb. thats another one of those shoes that ive been planning to buy, but never did due to finding good sales on other kicks

I personally spent some time getting used to it but after I did it was awesome. I wish they would re release the original color way.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #16444 on: March 01, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How's the ankle support on the huppers? my ankles are nagging me and I want some support without having to look down at a shoe that I hate. I have busenitz and was skating those today hoping the heel cup would help to no avail
[close]

non-existent.  I really like the huppers, but the ankle is thins and floppy like a normal canvas chuck taylor hi top.  Here's a picture that kind of shows how thin the hi top part is. toe/ollie area will last forever.

[close]
[close]
[close]
I've had both, multiple blazers, just trying to find something new and exciting. If not the blazers will be purchased.
[close]
sounds like we have somewhat similar taste in shoes. I've been hankering for these for a bit, maybe give them a go

If I could find them cheap I'd jump on it, the only problem is just that, finding them cheap. Maybe I'll just tie up the old ankle brace and get some new memory foam insoles.

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #16445 on: March 02, 2012, 12:51:16 AM »
I?ve got these yesterday

And they skate so good, my new favorit.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #16446 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »

vans outlet in Myrtle Beach. instantly fell in love

This shoe will make your foot sad. Hurt my Achilles with neither reservation nor remorse until I designed a new heel cup with duct tape. Another great looking Vans shoe that performs about as badly as a skate shoe possibly could...
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #16447 on: March 02, 2012, 03:41:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
If I could find them cheap I'd jump on it, the only problem is just that, finding them cheap. Maybe I'll just tie up the old ankle brace and get some new memory foam insoles.

what size are you? i've got a pair of the black ones that i'm looking to get rid of, wore em to a couple  parties but never skated em

trannies and mannies

« Reply #16448 on: March 02, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
Am i the only one who thinks the tounge on the busenitz looks rediculous(when its uncut)?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #16449 on: March 02, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »
Am i the only one who thinks the tounge on the busenitz looks rediculous(when its uncut)?

Back in the day - when i had the Copa Mundials for soccer - you'd tie the shoelace knot on top of the folded-in-half tongue so it wouldn't mess up your touch on the ball.

I've never had a pair of Busenitz's shoe - but i'd assume you could do this as well, but it would just fuck up your flick I bet. I never really see anyone cut the tongue's though. To each his own...

victor333

« Reply #16450 on: March 02, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »

I cut the tongue on mine; it was a little much for me

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #16451 on: March 02, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
I was deciding between Busenitz and Ronans to skate next . I decided on these.

I always thought that little triangle on the sole looked weird, but thats right where I'm getting a hole on my current shoes.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #16452 on: March 02, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
I was deciding between Busenitz and Ronans to skate next . I decided on these.

I always thought that little triangle on the sole looked weird, but thats right where I'm getting a hole on my current shoes.

i don't know if the triangle make a difference. but those are a real good pair of skate shoes. way better then the buzenitz imo

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #16453 on: March 02, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »
Expand Quote

vans outlet in Myrtle Beach. instantly fell in love
[close]

This shoe will make your foot sad. Hurt my Achilles with neither reservation nor remorse until I designed a new heel cup with duct tape. Another great looking Vans shoe that performs about as badly as a skate shoe possibly could...

My only qualm really is that the toe area is just a slight big cramped. I could've used a slighly wider toe-box. But my heels and Achilles feel great.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #16454 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
Yeah, I actually really like the long tongue, and I don't mind too much when it hangs out on the side of the shoe.

Wh0l3

« Reply #16455 on: March 02, 2012, 09:18:30 PM »
I like the long tongue, I tie mine all the way up so it keeps my shoes from untying as much.

Are the ronan's anywider than the busenitz? I love mine but I would like something wider as I have to lace them super loose until the last hole which i do super tight so the shoes stay on my feet on account of them bein so gosh darn wide.

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #16456 on: March 03, 2012, 02:21:46 AM »
I have wide feet, and the ronans fit me fine. The only problem I have with them is that they don't lock in the heel enough. They're too loose in the heel. Feels kinda sketchy. Haven't tried the busenitz but have heard that the ronans are wider.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #16457 on: March 03, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

what size are you? i've got a pair of the black ones that i'm looking to get rid of, wore em to a couple  parties but never skated em
11-11.5

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #16458 on: March 04, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »
Two pairs of these for $35 each

Joonas

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16459 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
Hey everyone, been lurking here for months, finally decided to register haha.

I've had the Nike sb Koston 1's for quite a while now, really like them. Super comfortable and all, just way too expensive around here. They're starting to get pretty fucked up so I'm looking for something new.

The main problem with a lot of shoes in the fact that my feet are wide as hell and many shoes seem to be really slim. I've tried on some of my friend's Adidas' and it seems like just about every model by them is way too slim for me. Is any of their models any different? I've always been hyped on Adidas.

I guess my next shoes will be some Cons though. They got ka-ones in sale in my "local" shop so those will most likely be my next shoes. Heard a lot of good things about them and I've understood Cons' are a little wider than most shoes? If anyone has any other ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #16460 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »
^ Sb dunks should work for you. Also, supra dixons skate good, sole wears out fast though.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16461 on: March 04, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
^ Sb dunks should work for you. Also, supra dixons skate good, sole wears out fast though.

this. another option could be some blazers.

Wh0l3

« Reply #16462 on: March 04, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »

I've had the Nike sb Koston 1's for quite a while now, really like them. Super comfortable and all, just way too expensive around here. They're starting to get pretty fucked up so I'm looking for something new.

The main problem with a lot of shoes in the fact that my feet are wide as hell and many shoes seem to be really slim. I've tried on some of my friend's Adidas' and it seems like just about every model by them is way too slim for me. Is any of their models any different? I've always been hyped on Adidas.

I guess my next shoes will be some Cons though. They got ka-ones in sale in my "local" shop so those will most likely be my next shoes. Heard a lot of good things about them and I've understood Cons' are a little wider than most shoes? If anyone has any other ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

I would try to stay away from Nike, Adidas, and Converse. They all make quite narrow shoes.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16463 on: March 04, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would try to stay away from Nike, Adidas, and Converse. They all make quite narrow shoes.

every company makes narrow shoes it really just depends on the  model.

water

• Rep: -3
  • southbound pachyderm
« Reply #16464 on: March 04, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »

bruins are the best sbs.

word.

• Rep: -7
  • Fuck It.
« Reply #16465 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

CCS mall shop? I got mine there. Bruins beat out most Sb models as far as skate-ability and style.
Im gonna poop in your shoes.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #16466 on: March 04, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »

DaSk8D00D

G.Lewis

« Reply #16468 on: March 04, 2012, 10:48:09 PM »
Haven't been feeling the Nike juggernaut lately, but I saw these on sale at Tactics, so I bought them.  Politics aside, they do make one hell of a great skate shoe.  I may like these better than the Blazer highs.

coneklr

« Reply #16469 on: March 04, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Skating the black Busenitz or the blue Koston's right now but wear any of these except the Busenitz on the boxes, those are all new.  If anyone has a pair of the Busenitz that are black/white/lemon in a size 8.5 let me know.  I'd pay a lot for another pair.