Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4532631 times)

SHAWN COMBOVER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
  • WHAT A FUCKING WRINKLE DRINKER
doublesteveburger: I'm gonna stick to being sad and skating with my poor friends.
busey: he's like an avenged sevenfold song come to life who wandered around living off energy drinks.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #21001 on: January 03, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Had anyone worn the Huf HR1 boot?  Is it actually good for winter?  Chicago is getting hit with a lot of snow and sub-zero temperatures and doubling up on socks probably won't cut it.
[close]

I can tell you next week, mine come in tomorrow and with wind chills, it's supposed to be around -30 here!  I need to move soon :/
i wouldn't say they're good for snow. they keep my feet warm but the sole is more skate shoe/sneaker like than boot, so they are actually pretty slippery.

Randozzi

« Reply #21002 on: January 03, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
What about the DC/Wu Tang boot? They look pretty decent.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #21003 on: January 03, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
Has anyone owned a pair of Emerica Wino Fusion? I ordered some that came today and the sole isn't even made of rubber. Its like some weird felt like material. I don't plan to skate in them but they feel like they will tear apart from walking down the street. Are they even waterproof?

The sole is kind of painted on. It's more durable than you would think (for walking around at least) and are definitely waterproof. There's rubber under that felt stuff.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:52:53 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21004 on: January 03, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Thanks. I was wondering what the fuck I had bought. I just tried them on in my house and that shit was rubbing off. There's black footprints all over my carpet.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #21005 on: January 03, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:52:57 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #21006 on: January 03, 2014, 08:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know who I can contact over at Supra about a defect on my skytop 3?
[close]

I didn't read through the page, but probably have an email or link here:

http://www.suprafootwear.com/service
Thanks Tate. Ive already contacted them twice about the shoes and haven't heard anything from them. I feel like they are just trying to ignore more so they don't have to bother with me.

coneklr

« Reply #21007 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »
Had anyone worn the Huf HR1 boot?  Is it actually good for winter?  Chicago is getting hit with a lot of snow and sub-zero temperatures and doubling up on socks probably won't cut it.

oyolar, what size is your foot?

micky682

« Reply #21008 on: January 03, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone know who I can contact over at Supra about a defect on my skytop 3?
[close]

I didn't read through the page, but probably have an email or link here:

http://www.suprafootwear.com/service
[close]
Thanks Tate. Ive already contacted them twice about the shoes and haven't heard anything from them. I feel like they are just trying to ignore more so they don't have to bother with me.
I hate to say it, but I feel like Lakai is doing the same thing. I have emailed them 2 times with no response and I've emailed crailtap in the past which garnered a response the next day. Maybe its because of it being a holiday week?

Chipper

« Reply #21009 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »
Only $30
Looking forward to seeing how they feel on the board.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #21010 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »
Has anyone owned a pair of Emerica Wino Fusion? I ordered some that came today and the sole isn't even made of rubber. Its like some weird felt like material. I don't plan to skate in them but they feel like they will tear apart from walking down the street. Are they even waterproof?

I know that felt shit on soles you're talking about but I didn't know Emerica ever did that, bummer dude. It should have the normal rubber underneath and will just scrape off after walking, but it annoys me hella.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #21011 on: January 04, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
Only $30
Looking forward to seeing how they feel on the board.

You'l'l dig em!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:27:26 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #21012 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:10 PM »
I'm testing a pair of the vegan Emerica Templeton x Heritic's in the syn. poly-suede for their March 2014 release.
Had em a few months now. They actually skate really well. Good board feel for a cupsole but, still feel like a cupsole.
I've never been big on cups, but this ones a nice alternative for the vegans - the shoe is absolutely INDESTRUCTIBLE!
Space age material this new poly-syn. suede is. Super flexible, super durable and light as fuck!
It's almost too comfortable for me to skate in if that makes any sense. 25 years of thin vulcs, stiff moon boot cups, accepting things like bruised feet and blisters and then now these new Emerica Templeton Heritic's feel like angels on yer feet, like a too good to be true thing. Specially for a vegan. They'll be out in a few months.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #21013 on: January 04, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
I'm testing a pair of the vegan Emerica Templeton x Heritic's in the syn. poly-suede for their March 2014 release.
Had em a few months now. They actually skate really well. Good board feel for a cupsole but, still feel like a cupsole.
I've never been big on cups, but this ones a nice alternative for the vegans - the shoe is absolutely INDESTRUCTIBLE!
Space age material this new poly-syn. suede is. Super flexible, super durable and light as fuck!
It's almost too comfortable for me to skate in if that makes any sense. 25 years of thin vulcs, stiff moon boot cups, accepting things like bruised feet and blisters and then now these new Emerica Templeton Heritic's feel like angels on yer feet, like a too good to be true thing. Specially for a vegan. They'll be out in a few months.

^^^
*wants*
i was a huge fan of ed's 1st shoe on emerica... really looking forward to these!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:52:42 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Chipper

« Reply #21014 on: January 04, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »

I can stand by that. They feel amazing on your feet and have been fairly easy to break in. It's just weird getting used to cupsoles again.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #21015 on: January 05, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oyolar, what size is your foot?
i have them. It has not been so cold, but they do keep your feet warm.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #21016 on: January 05, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »
vans rowley reissue.

one of the best shoes ever made.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21017 on: January 06, 2014, 06:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
@Wizard - They are beauts. Also interested to hear how they skate. I've tried the Romero Troubadour Mid now twice and Emerica's sizing just doesn't seem to work for me for whatever reason. The 10 are too long and the 9.5 are way too tight for me.
[close]

I like them a lot. They're Laced Highs, and I have a regular pair of the Laced, so I knew exactly what I was getting into. If you like the odd combination of no padding and a cup sole, these are a good choice. They grip well too. The toes are pretty round. I pretty much only buy Emericas, and ones that are on sale, and like all of them. I've had Reynolds Cruisers, Winos, the Laced, and Shifter Lows. I don't really know the deal with the sizing, because I can comfortably wear 10s, 10.5s, and 11s, but I guess I just got it like that.

Wizard - thanks for the reply. I found a pair of Laced High at a pretty good price and jumped on them. I like thin mid tops, but honestly can't say that I've ever had a thin mid that was cupsole. That said, I'm psyched to try em out.

Yu Dum

« Reply #21018 on: January 06, 2014, 09:39:02 PM »
I don't have pictures, but I received a pair of Dekline Tim Tim's for Christmas and was skating in them everyday until I got injured. They're holding up better than expected. Broke in within 10 minutes of wearing them. One of the best shoes I've ever skated.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #21019 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:06 AM »
I don't have pictures, but I received a pair of Dekline Tim Tim's for Christmas and was skating in them everyday until I got injured. They're holding up better than expected. Broke in within 10 minutes of wearing them. One of the best shoes I've ever skated.
Do you have a pair with the rubber toe? I'm on my third pair of Tim Tim's, but my first with the rubber toe, and it's a little weird to get used to. Too much grip on the flick, especially with new grip. The ones without it are one of my favorite shoes I've ever skated.
damn those yarys bout those squats

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #21020 on: January 07, 2014, 02:59:52 AM »
Anyone skated these yet?

My shop's got them in the sale at the moment and thinking of trying a pair out

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #21021 on: January 07, 2014, 05:17:37 AM »
Anyone skated these yet?

My shop's got them in the sale at the moment and thinking of trying a pair out

the mesh shit rips waaay too fast
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:25:10 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Yu Dum

« Reply #21022 on: January 07, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you have a pair with the rubber toe? I'm on my third pair of Tim Tim's, but my first with the rubber toe, and it's a little weird to get used to. Too much grip on the flick, especially with new grip. The ones without it are one of my favorite shoes I've ever skated.
Nah. I got a pair of the all black suede ones. I was considering picking up a pair of the ones with the rubber toe, but now I'm not so sure.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #21023 on: January 07, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »
these are so nice to wear. much phatter in real life.

rowley xl2

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #21024 on: January 07, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »
Ha no shit, I had those in that same colorway.  They felt about as grippy on the board as they did later on a greasy kitchen floor.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21025 on: January 07, 2014, 03:29:09 PM »

rowley xl2

Got my first rolled ankle in a green pair of these
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:25:15 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #21026 on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »

Light and comfy, a little tight right now but it'll stretch. I like em

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #21027 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:41 PM »

yes they are amazing for winter it keeps my feet nice and warm.  I wore em when i was in sf.  and got em on now.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21028 on: January 08, 2014, 06:45:46 AM »
Anyone ever give these Puma Hawthorne Mid a roll? I don't know anything about the shoes Puma makes for skate and I'm trying to figure out if these were, but they look damn nice either way.

petkom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #21029 on: January 08, 2014, 06:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote

rowley xl2
[close]

Got my first rolled ankle in a green pair of these

haha same here but in this colorway. Looking back i don't know what else i was expecting when i started skating them
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:25:23 PM by Bubblegum Tate »