Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4534975 times)

sleepypancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #21060 on: January 14, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

for a second i was like this nigga needs new pants not new shoes then i realized you were probably just sitting down
[close]

Well deducted.  ;)

[close]

I FEEL LIKE THAT EMOTICON IS AN ATTACK ON MY INTELLIGENCE AS AN INTERNET USER ARGHHHHHHH
Don't feel too bad, the word should be "deduced". Deducted means to subtract or take away. Unless he means well taken away, which would be goofy.

Team slap grammar nazis  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:58:50 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #21061 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

for a second i was like this nigga needs new pants not new shoes then i realized you were probably just sitting down
[close]

Well deducted.  ;)

[close]

I FEEL LIKE THAT EMOTICON IS AN ATTACK ON MY INTELLIGENCE AS AN INTERNET USER ARGHHHHHHH
[close]
Don't feel too bad, the word should be "deduced". Deducted means to subtract or take away. Unless he means well taken away, which would be goofy.

THESE EMOTICONS, ALL THESE FEELINGS
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #21062 on: January 15, 2014, 02:37:58 AM »

touch?,  you infer correctly

http://www.pureimagination.co.uk/captaincaveman/images/touche.gif

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #21063 on: January 15, 2014, 03:28:35 AM »
been wearing many cons for over a year already
fell in love with these blue chucks pro skate still holding strong after 4 months
i think i need some shoe goo and a new pinky toe
mandatory smiley and sad face in cup because polar and wallrides oh yea oh yea

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #21064 on: January 15, 2014, 03:44:59 AM »
^^ Well used, i love how fucked up shoes look. Hows the fit on those?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #21065 on: January 15, 2014, 07:07:38 AM »
been wearing many cons for over a year already
fell in love with these blue chucks pro skate still holding strong after 4 months
i think i need some shoe goo and a new pinky toe
mandatory smiley and sad face in cup because polar and wallrides oh yea oh yea

what's the sizing on these? half size down?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:54:04 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #21066 on: January 15, 2014, 08:53:14 AM »
Yeah I had those half a size down and they fit me perfectly

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #21067 on: January 15, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
^^pretty much. im a 9 and usually go down half a number with cons but got these on sale in my number and fit well since its a hi top.

i noticed the most of the cons skate line have some cushioning and padding, so its not really necessary to go down half a size unless its a CTS

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21068 on: January 15, 2014, 02:37:26 PM »
Wizard Fight turned me onto these Emerica High Laced a few pages back. I did a quick skate around the block in them, nothing serious just slappies and ollies and such, and they feel pretty good. I'm not a particularly big Emerica fan but I like the basic look.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21069 on: January 15, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »
Wizard Fight turned me onto these Emerica High Laced a few pages back. I did a quick skate around the block in them, nothing serious just slappies and ollies and such, and they feel pretty good. I'm not a particularly big Emerica fan but I like the basic look.

be sure to come back with a review after you've shredded em.   I'll be particularly interested in a comparison to the Howard Desert Boot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:35:19 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
hardly art, hardly starving

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #21070 on: January 15, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Nike SB Classic Highs. Recently cleaned out my closet, and consolidated my collection a lot, gave a bunch of pairs to friends and made some trades for other shit. Found these in my closet which I got last year from SPOT. I wore them around for awhile back then to break them in, but I never skated them. They were a bit thin for me at the time, and I still wasn't that confident after recovering from major ankle injury. I threw em on yesterday and skated them for 4 hours, and I was super pleased. Great shoe, not too thin, not too bulky with great flexible ankle protection. Glad I decided to save them until now.
[close]
dude how's the sizing on those? are they TTS? i found some low/mid version of that in the internet and planning to buy it. do they stretch like janoskis?

Yeah they're definitely true to size, I wear a 10.5, these are 10.5s and fit perfectly. I never had Janoski's so I can't say for sure, but they were definitely a bit tighter when I first purchased them. I wore them around significantly before ever trying to skate them, so they broke in really nicely. Nice soft suede and the hi's have nice ankle support. Little less then a dunk, but not a thin wall by any means. It's a skinnier shoe too, good for people with slimmer feet such as myself. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:35:30 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #21071 on: January 15, 2014, 09:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

be sure to come back with a review after you've shredded em.   I'll be particularly interested in a comparison to the Howard Desert Boot.

I hope you like them, I don't know how I feel about influencing people.

I have no idea how to review a shoe. One thing I can say is the tan ones I have make me feel like I'm wearing Timberlands.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:35:24 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21072 on: January 16, 2014, 03:38:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hope you like them, I don't know how I feel about influencing people.

I have no idea how to review a shoe. One thing I can say is the tan ones I have make me feel like I'm wearing Timberlands.

Art - most definitely, will do. I will say right off the bat the sole on this one will never compare to the sole on the Howard. @Wizard - no worries. I had never seen them before you posted them, I loved the look of them. That said, do you have the actual boot with the Vibram sole? These have the cupsoles, but Emerica made an actual Laced High functional Boot with a Vibram sole that you can wear through snow and hiking.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 819
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #21073 on: January 16, 2014, 04:03:43 AM »
picked up the Cardinal color way of the Lucas pro. the toe box seems a little more narrow compared to the gray ones i picked up when they first came out, but i dig it

tanginacat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #21074 on: January 16, 2014, 04:28:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nike SB Classic Highs. Recently cleaned out my closet, and consolidated my collection a lot, gave a bunch of pairs to friends and made some trades for other shit. Found these in my closet which I got last year from SPOT. I wore them around for awhile back then to break them in, but I never skated them. They were a bit thin for me at the time, and I still wasn't that confident after recovering from major ankle injury. I threw em on yesterday and skated them for 4 hours, and I was super pleased. Great shoe, not too thin, not too bulky with great flexible ankle protection. Glad I decided to save them until now.
[close]
dude how's the sizing on those? are they TTS? i found some low/mid version of that in the internet and planning to buy it. do they stretch like janoskis?
[close]

Yeah they're definitely true to size, I wear a 10.5, these are 10.5s and fit perfectly. I never had Janoski's so I can't say for sure, but they were definitely a bit tighter when I first purchased them. I wore them around significantly before ever trying to skate them, so they broke in really nicely. Nice soft suede and the hi's have nice ankle support. Little less then a dunk, but not a thin wall by any means. It's a skinnier shoe too, good for people with slimmer feet such as myself. Hope this helps.
damn now im confused. appreciate the help though  :)

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21075 on: January 16, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #21076 on: January 16, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:43:46 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #21077 on: January 16, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »

Almost twins. Cool. Have the heelcups on yours completely crumbled yet? I'm looking forward to the updated version if they fixed that problem and threw in some better insoles.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:50:07 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21078 on: January 16, 2014, 11:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Almost twins. Cool. Have the heelcups on yours completely crumbled yet? I'm looking forward to the updated version if they fixed that problem and threw in some better insoles.

I wanted the black/gum ones hella bad but the were sold out when I went to the shop. Nah the heel cups on mine are fine, and the collar or whatever never fucked up my heel either, which I think I've heard people complain about. However, the heel cups on my Laced Highs are completely crumbled, and it kinda felt like there was only half a plastic heel cub to begin with. I kinda like it though, it's like a moccasin with a sole.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:05:27 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #21079 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I wanted the black/gum ones hella bad but the were sold out when I went to the shop. Nah the heel cups on mine are fine, and the collar or whatever never fucked up my heel either, which I think I've heard people complain about. However, the heel cups on my Laced Highs are completely crumbled, and it kinda felt like there was only half a plastic heel cub to begin with. I kinda like it though, it's like a moccasin with a sole.

I have these. I really like them for walking around, wearing at work etc.. But I have no idea how Leo, or anyone can skate them, especially if they are new. Really uncomfortable, and non*skate feeling out of the box. And the collar breaking in is a bitch.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:05:42 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #21080 on: January 17, 2014, 08:52:29 AM »
i have those brown laced, the left one fits fine, but the right one lets my heel slip... so lame

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #21081 on: January 17, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »
i have those brown laced, the left one fits fine, but the right one lets my heel slip... so lame

im having that same issue with a pair of the Gonz slips. 
hardly art, hardly starving

coneklr

« Reply #21082 on: January 17, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Just got these in!  Seem like they will be good and the construction is looking pretty solid/clean

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #21083 on: January 17, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »

getting through the winter with these

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #21084 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
Got Janoksi Max today for after the session.

Lunar One shot promo for skating, don't know what to do with the box.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #21085 on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »
Just got these in!  Seem like they will be good and the construction is looking pretty solid/clean

too wavy
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:45:48 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

coneklr

« Reply #21086 on: January 17, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »
Wore them around the house all day today and am really liking them.  Gonna skate them a bit this weekend and I think pick up the black pair at the shop too :)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
« Reply #21087 on: January 19, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »
Has anyone had a good experience with the emerica westgate shoe? How did the toe work out for you. I know there was a weartested review but I'm interested in hearing more opinions.

dask8d00d

« Reply #21088 on: January 19, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »
^ haven't skated them but I am familiar with the quality of the newer emericas (had 3 pairs of reynolds in a row) and have skated the BA's. Runner toes are actually really fucking good for tre's because I just aim to scrape the toe on the ground when I pop it and it scoops the board very nicely. also good for aiming the trajectory of your kickflip tricks too. Like I said i haven't skated em but have seen them in person and am pretty confident that its as good as its been made out to be.

dougfay

• Rep: -4
« Reply #21089 on: January 19, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »
Adidas from 6pm.com :P