Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4533317 times)

micky682

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #21090 on: January 19, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »
Just got these in!  Seem like they will be good and the construction is looking pretty solid/clean

How do they fit? TTS?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:49:04 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

dillanharp

« Reply #21091 on: January 19, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Just got these in!  Seem like they will be good and the construction is looking pretty solid/clean

[close]
How do they fit? TTS?

They feel bigger than your regular size vans, length wise.  I think Vans skimped on 1/2 size molds and just stretched shit to ftt the next size up.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:46:26 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

waltercronkite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #21092 on: January 19, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »

Ive been dying to try a pair of these. Nice pick up

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21093 on: January 20, 2014, 05:01:22 AM »
Hey Tate, does the Air Max Janoski fit the same as the original one? I'm kinda thinking about getting these for summer.

When I first saw the Koston Air Max in black, I thought that was amazing, but I don't think the blue and red ones they released look all that hot. I might look into these instead.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #21094 on: January 20, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »
Hey Tate, does the Air Max Janoski fit the same as the original one? I'm kinda thinking about getting these for summer.

When I first saw the Koston Air Max in black, I thought that was amazing, but I don't think the blue and red ones they released look all that hot. I might look into these instead.

I got the Janoski Air Max my true size. Fit's like any air max/runner I have from Nike.

Real lightweight.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

aaronagis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #21095 on: January 20, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »

Breaking these in today.  Anyone know how the choices fit in comparison to these, or in general? I want to skate the choices but have to order them, no one nearby carrys Huf.  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:02:32 PM by aaronagis »

coneklr

« Reply #21096 on: January 20, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
How do they fit? TTS?
[close]

They feel bigger than your regular size vans, length wise.  I think Vans skimped on 1/2 size molds and just stretched shit to ftt the next size up.

I agree length wise they seemed a bit longer, but I actually liked that.  I'm really happy with the fit of the 8.5 in this shoe, where as my 8.5 Chima was a bit tight all around.  For reference, I used to always wear 8.5 in eras when I wore those.  Hope that helps.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #21097 on: January 20, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »

Breaking these in today.  Anyone know how the choices fit in comparison to these, or in general? I want to skate the choices but have to order them, no one nearby carrys Huf.  

i wore a size 10 in the huf pro. a 9.5 in choices. but i haven't had a pair in awhile. so dunno if they've changed.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:20:48 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

coneklr

« Reply #21098 on: January 20, 2014, 09:22:49 PM »

I wore a 8.5 in both

FakieBacksideHalf-Cab

• Rep: -4
« Reply #21099 on: January 21, 2014, 07:28:36 PM »
K-Swiss. (Don't Judge) Only reason i'm skating them is because my local sports shop had them for $20 bucks and they were suede. Anyone else into skating non-skate shoes?
Focus your board and then your account.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21100 on: January 21, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
one shot:
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bobby

• Rep: 0
« Reply #21101 on: January 22, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »

getting through the winter with these

How are these for being out in the cold and or snow? I was thinking of grabbing a pair but wasn't sure how warm they were.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:47:44 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #21102 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote

getting through the winter with these
[close]

How are these for being out in the cold and or snow? I was thinking of grabbing a pair but wasn't sure how warm they were.

I got them too, im overall pretty stoked. Super comfortable and they have a good grippy sole for that snowy shit. Only concern is the mesh part on the side that seems to not be waterproof? I have used them in snow and all, and i havent had any problems with wet feet yet, but as far as i can tell its not waterproof on the mesh part. But I definitely recommend them!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:47:54 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #21103 on: January 25, 2014, 07:04:40 AM »

day walkin shoes for all of those strolls i take

dask8d00d

« Reply #21104 on: January 25, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
one shot:

how're you liking these one shots?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21105 on: January 25, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
one shot:

[close]

how're you liking these one shots?

Pretty good so far. Real flexible and grippy!

I have done tons of kickflips, only the rubber area is wearing out, not that plastic-like layer on the upper toe.

I already it will last a long time.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21106 on: January 25, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »
These are my first pair of cons. I was somewhat reluctant to try 'em for fear of fast rippage but seem to be holding up well so far. What I'm most impressed with is the insole. I always imagined cons to have thin soles but god damn it's like stepping on a cloud that retains a fair amount of boardfeel

I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #21107 on: January 27, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for the question, but in your experience do Emerica's fit true to size or run big/small? It's been a long time since I've gotten a pair but am digging the Troubadour low as a work-acceptable shoe and thought I'd see if anyone could give some advice. I'm an 11 in Vans/Nike for reference, any input is appreciated- thanks!

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #21108 on: January 27, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for the question, but in your experience do Emerica's fit true to size or run big/small? It's been a long time since I've gotten a pair but am digging the Troubadour low as a work-acceptable shoe and thought I'd see if anyone could give some advice. I'm an 11 in Vans/Nike for reference, any input is appreciated- thanks!

I need half size down for the newer emericas. I've never had that particular model though.

Currently wearing the Project BA's and can confirm a half size down fits perfect for those with narrow feet.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #21109 on: January 27, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

got em at Stratosphere in Atlanta on sale.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #21110 on: January 27, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »

Emericas fit me the same as Vans.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #21111 on: January 28, 2014, 12:04:24 AM »

sweet!
how are these?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:11:06 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

water

• Rep: -3
  • southbound pachyderm
« Reply #21112 on: January 28, 2014, 05:47:31 AM »

got the new silas, they look and feel really good. this snow needs to gtfo so I can skate them
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:34:36 AM by water »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #21113 on: January 28, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
^^^definitely want to try those

Been skating in some of the Adidas Gonz slip ons and the fit is a little off.  They are tight in the mid foot and then loose in the heel.  Very comfortable during the time I did skate in them, but can't skate in shoes that dont lock in the heel.  Have to say I prefer the fit of the classic vans slip ons.  They were $20 during that Active sale, so not too much of a bummer for some comfortable chill shoes, but would have liked to actually skate in them.

hardly art, hardly starving

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #21114 on: January 28, 2014, 04:05:58 PM »

Been skating in some of the Adidas Gonz slip ons and the fit is a little off.  They are tight in the mid foot and then loose in the heel.  Very comfortable during the time I did skate in them, but can't skate in shoes that dont lock in the heel.  Have to say I prefer the fit of the classic vans slip ons.  They were $20 during that Active sale, so not too much of a bummer for some comfortable chill shoes, but would have liked to actually skate in them.

Really? Im wearing some right now and I dont have any complaints whatsoever. I tried them on but mine doesnt feel loose in the heel at all. Plus theyre pretty badass looking with the olliepad, even though I dont even touch it

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #21115 on: January 28, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
sweet!
how are these?
havent skated em yet, ive got a few other shoes in line first. it was an impulse buy. but they feel great wearing around

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #21116 on: January 28, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
These are my first pair of cons. I was somewhat reluctant to try 'em for fear of fast rippage but seem to be holding up well so far. What I'm most impressed with is the insole. I always imagined cons to have thin soles but god damn it's like stepping on a cloud that retains a fair amount of boardfeel

It's due to the lunarlon insoles. I've been skating in CONS for a few years now and the addition of lunarlon has helped immensely. I've been using the KA-One Vulc as a work shoe and it's surprisingly supportive.
And, the canvas on the CONS last a decent amount of time in comparison to other canvas shoes, just superglue the areas that will have the most abrasion before any damage shows up. Then, place a moderate amount of shoe goo over the formation of holes.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #21117 on: January 28, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Really? Im wearing some right now and I dont have any complaints whatsoever. I tried them on but mine doesnt feel loose in the heel at all. Plus theyre pretty badass looking with the olliepad, even though I dont even touch it

man, maybe i got a pair that had been tried on or something.  well, at least they work for you.
hardly art, hardly starving

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #21118 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »

Cons seem to never ever ever rip. Especially these and the cts. They just won't get a hole in them. But you'll know when it's time to stop skating them

micky682

« Reply #21119 on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
Do many of you have multiple shoes that you skate in? Or is it strictly that one "perfect" shoe to skate in?