Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4532629 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27780 on: April 02, 2018, 06:31:47 AM »
damn! those are nice NB's, skated through a pair of the v1s i got for $49 and have another stashed til i burn through these logans which i really like but def like the 533s better
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

homehelpsearch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #27781 on: April 02, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »
Nurse shoes

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 112
« Reply #27782 on: April 02, 2018, 04:46:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Since ES's return, I been promising myself some Accels but can't ever find in my size and came across these mids at a shop instead.
I missed the first SLB era, wanted to know if these were that fire, they look like updated accel soles, anyone know anything about these badboyees?
[close]

Insoles are the worst, but they all have fit super comfortably. I bought the white pair of mids, and they lasted all of 2 sessions. They skated really well while they lasted though.
[close]

Mine lasted three. God the nostalgia was running high though...I was right back in my childhood.

I swapped the insoles for some nike zoom ones & skated them a handful of times then donated them. They looked sweet but just didn't work for me. The uppers on these were much thinner than I remember.
Enjoy your life.

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #27783 on: April 04, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
I’m tempted to try the new P Rod shoe but I can’t find any decent reviews on it. Has anyone tried them?

My two main concerns are the boardfeel and how narrow is the shoe compared to maybe a Janoski.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27784 on: April 04, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
I’m tempted to try the new P Rod shoe but I can’t find any decent reviews on it. Has anyone tried them?

My two main concerns are the boardfeel and how narrow is the shoe compared to maybe a Janoski.
I have a white pair that I haven’t skated but have worn around a bit. Typically Nike’s fit me true to size, the 10’s are a little tight. I went TTS and the pair I have “fit” but would be more comfortable if I went half a size up. It’s probably his thinnest shoe overall other than his vulc models, but the materials/layering should make them pretty durable to skate. Toe shape is solid too. I can only speculate as to how they perform but if you like the look of them, they’re worth trying out, especially since they’re on sale on various sites for around $65

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #27785 on: April 05, 2018, 01:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I have a white pair that I haven’t skated but have worn around a bit. Typically Nike’s fit me true to size, the 10’s are a little tight. I went TTS and the pair I have “fit” but would be more comfortable if I went half a size up. It’s probably his thinnest shoe overall other than his vulc models, but the materials/layering should make them pretty durable to skate. Toe shape is solid too. I can only speculate as to how they perform but if you like the look of them, they’re worth trying out, especially since they’re on sale on various sites for around $65

Got a pair of the first season, walking on those yellow sidewalk things you can definitely feel them. They do feel pretty slim but provide some pretty nice support.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #27786 on: April 05, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
Shop hooked me up with some Gilbert's excited to see how they skate

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #27787 on: April 05, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »

I love that colorway and I really like the look of the Gilbert 2's!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27788 on: April 05, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »

Based on the vids I've seen on the Gilberts, I would add a little bit of liquid super glue on the stitching in the ollie area. That part stitching tend to blow out super quick, and starts to spread just as quick.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -8
« Reply #27789 on: April 07, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on the vids I've seen on the Gilberts, I would add a little bit of liquid super glue on the stitching in the ollie area. That part stitching tend to blow out super quick, and starts to spread just as quick.

1 line of stitching :/

I remember back in the day i wouldn't buy anything with less than 3 lines. thought dunks were cutting corners compared to my accels.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #27790 on: April 08, 2018, 07:16:40 AM »
Anybody know how the sizing is on the adidas Superstar Vulc adv? I wear an 8 in emerica, 8 in new balance numeric vulcs, 7.5 in vans era pros for reference.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #27791 on: April 08, 2018, 12:14:57 PM »
Has anyone here skated the Adidas City Cups yet? Thoughts?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27792 on: April 08, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »
Anybody know how the sizing is on the adidas Superstar Vulc adv? I wear an 8 in emerica, 8 in new balance numeric vulcs, 7.5 in vans era pros for reference.

True to size. Try them on first and see if you're willing to work with the adiprene insole.
I've heard mixed things from two people who've skated them.
One guy liked them and the other didn't.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #27793 on: April 09, 2018, 12:32:01 AM »
get the 7.5

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #27794 on: April 09, 2018, 04:52:40 AM »
Got the 7.5 for the superstar vulc, they'll be here tomorrow. I can already tell I'm going to switch out the adiprene for some vans ultra cush or some other insoles I have floating around.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #27795 on: April 09, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
Got the 7.5 for the superstar vulc, they'll be here tomorrow. I can already tell I'm going to switch out the adiprene for some vans ultra cush or some other insoles I have floating around.

did that with the two pairs of sb superstar i had and they were amazing. Adiprene sucks big time

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #27796 on: April 09, 2018, 10:51:44 AM »

I have the white leather pair light grey sole, I really like how they look and they are pretty comfortable walking around. So far I have not been a big fan of them for skating. No tongue centering straps so be prepared to go nuts pulling it straight every 2 minutes, also kind of weird shape, doesn't fit my foot exceptionally. Granted I haven't skated them too long yet, so they might need to loosen up still. I'm going to endure and just keep skating them, but I definitely would not get them again.

Funny enough, I picked up those Nakel slip ons that everyone on slap hates, and yesterday I skated to the farmers market with them. Incredible feeling; so comfortable, flexible, with a cinderella like fit on my foot. They also are an anomaly because they feel pretty loose while you are putting your feet in, but completely lock your foot once it's on.
Great slip on mid Imo, and I'll probably get more after I KO these Adidas I'm rotating.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #27797 on: April 09, 2018, 08:51:15 PM »
The City Cups are alright. I really wanted to like them, but the sizing feels just a bit off. They remind me of a poorman's Lunar Gato (right down to the colorway). Can't wait for the Gato's comeback this winter.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27798 on: April 10, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I superglued all the side stitching after the first session, the laces ones the day before, they're great to skate !

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #27799 on: April 12, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »
The City Cups are alright. I really wanted to like them, but the sizing feels just a bit off. They remind me of a poorman's Lunar Gato (right down to the colorway). Can't wait for the Gato's comeback this winter.

They're coming back? I was super bummed I didn't cop a pair last time around.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #27800 on: April 15, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »
not my pic

whatever they use in jordan 12 soles/insoles(i think its full length zoom air) they should bring to a skate shoe

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #27801 on: April 15, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »
Anyone's local shops have the Emerica Templeton Boots in 10.5 that I can order from?  They're sold out from the Emerica site and I found them on Tactics but would always rather support a local than Tactics.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27802 on: April 16, 2018, 10:51:40 PM »

These just came in today. Put em on and they instantly felt great. A nice snug feeling shoe without actually feeling tight. The sole is essentially already broken in thanks to the hex tread pattern but obviously the upper will take a little while. The tongue is padded which is nice change from literally every other shoe I own and it's got centering straps to keep it in place. Haven't skated them yet but I feel like the mesh is gonna come in handy with making my feet not overheat, especially when July/August hits; but I do a lot of no complies so I'm a little worried on how it'll hold up. Once I've put in a decent amount of sessioning into them I'll report back.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #27803 on: April 17, 2018, 02:18:48 AM »

Just got these bad boys  :)
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27804 on: April 17, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #27805 on: April 17, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »

These just came in today. Put em on and they instantly felt great. A nice snug feeling shoe without actually feeling tight. The sole is essentially already broken in thanks to the hex tread pattern but obviously the upper will take a little while. The tongue is padded which is nice change from literally every other shoe I own and it's got centering straps to keep it in place. Haven't skated them yet but I feel like the mesh is gonna come in handy with making my feet not overheat, especially when July/August hits; but I do a lot of no complies so I'm a little worried on how it'll hold up. Once I've put in a decent amount of sessioning into them I'll report back.

im definitely curious to hear how they are
hardly art, hardly starving

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #27806 on: April 17, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »
Been moving my storage unit. Finding some cool stuff.

Gravis AWS Quarters. These turn silver as you wear them.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:07:21 AM by El Chupacabra »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27807 on: April 17, 2018, 11:08:54 AM »
I like your floor

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #27808 on: April 17, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »
Thanks! We just moved in. Hence the finding of all the random old shoes and skate junk. Prepare for a nostalgia bomb!

fuckmyself

• Rep: -6
« Reply #27809 on: April 17, 2018, 12:37:13 PM »
Wow I wish I got to skate that Gonz Slip on