Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525032 times)

mindfuzz, BoxStuffer and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28350 on: November 07, 2018, 05:04:12 PM »
Grabbed a pair of matchcourt slip on today to give slips another go.  So far so good they fit my wide ass feet well

The midtop kind?  Got a pair during that crazy Adidas sale this summer.  Can’t see how anyone skates in them.  The they sawed into the back of my Achilles and the toe cap fucked with my flick really badly.  Maybe it’s just me though.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Tally810

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
« Reply #28351 on: November 07, 2018, 05:28:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Grabbed a pair of matchcourt slip on today to give slips another go.  So far so good they fit my wide ass feet well
[close]

The midtop kind?  Got a pair during that crazy Adidas sale this summer.  Can’t see how anyone skates in them.  The they sawed into the back of my Achilles and the toe cap fucked with my flick really badly.  Maybe it’s just me though.
Nah the normal lows.  Dude at the shop skated the mids a while back and he had the same experience as you.  Said they rubbed the back of his leg raw and cut into him

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28352 on: November 07, 2018, 06:12:07 PM »
matchcourt basically takes anything that Adidas SB did right up until this point and throws it out the window

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #28353 on: November 07, 2018, 09:24:02 PM »

did you go with your usual size? I see them on sale online all the time so I’ve been thinking about giving them a try.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Tally810

« Reply #28354 on: November 07, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

did you go with your usual size? I see them on sale online all the time so I’ve been thinking about giving them a try.
I did go my normal size.  So far they fit ok and I hope they don't loosen too much.  I'd probably try to try them on first

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #28355 on: November 08, 2018, 12:40:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not too stoked on the colourway but at half price they were worth a punt.

[close]
Are you a child, is it Halloween or are you a dwarf? I’m so confused, but those shoes are nice.
[close]

The fact that it's not immediately obvious to you thats' his kid/nephew/a child in his life speaks volumes.

I was shooting for a spot on the Mystery team.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #28356 on: November 08, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »
I am a fan of the Lucas Premiere and have these in rotation. On and off the board it's one of my favorites.

Little Debbie

« Reply #28357 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »
respect! so nice to look down at your feet and be happy with what you see

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #28358 on: November 11, 2018, 02:21:33 AM »
Started skating these yesterday .. got em for $41 Aussie they comfy.
60% off I think

Sorry it didn’t embed.. it’s kinda cool they remind me of the Keenan 1 colorway a lot..
Don’t think they’ll last long tho unfortunately
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:31:10 AM by Nth syd bear »

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28359 on: November 12, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »
damn

wheee!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #28360 on: November 12, 2018, 11:00:27 PM »
Hey beavis
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #28361 on: November 13, 2018, 04:49:32 AM »
$41 Australian dollars is a steal for those..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28362 on: November 13, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »
Hey beavis

;D. Haha.

Sick ankle brah.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #28363 on: November 15, 2018, 08:07:59 AM »
i got a pair of suciu 2s tts and im now wondering if i need to go down a half size because my heel is slipping just walking around the house. bummer. im probably too lazy to exchange them too.

Nate.Dog

« Reply #28364 on: November 15, 2018, 07:20:03 PM »
i got a pair of suciu 2s tts and im now wondering if i need to go down a half size because my heel is slipping just walking around the house. bummer. im probably too lazy to exchange them too.

Do it, you'll be so much happier a half size down, the heel lock is way better and that massive toebox hugs your foot a little bit better.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #28365 on: November 17, 2018, 03:51:39 PM »

100% yes. Half size down fits me perfectly in the Suciu I and II. The heel slippage was out of control when I tried my usual size in both.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #28366 on: November 22, 2018, 03:54:20 AM »
Just got the Magenta x State collab shoe in every colorway, so stoked. I remember a lot of people asking about the availability of said model (or State shoes in general) in Europe, well the Magenta website just got them and they ship worldwide. Apparently they've got tons of them in stock too. That's at least one step towards proper European distribution.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #28367 on: November 22, 2018, 04:36:55 AM »
Just got the Magenta x State collab shoe in every colorway, so stoked. I remember a lot of people asking about the availability of said model (or State shoes in general) in Europe, well the Magenta website just got them and they ship worldwide. Apparently they've got tons of them in stock too. That's at least one step towards proper European distribution.

Damn, they've got a lot of nice looking shit. And a big collection. I fuck with Magenta. I used to skate their boards only for several years.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28368 on: November 22, 2018, 05:40:10 AM »
My local shop in Finland also has a bunch of States in stock, including blue and red Magenta Albanys.

https://www.skeittikauppa.com/collections/vendors?q=State%20Footwear

I know they at least used to ship worldwide. No idea what it’ll cost though.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28369 on: November 22, 2018, 06:01:00 AM »
^That's tight, just realized Magenta offered free shipping worldwide for the rest of the week too, so that's even more of a good deal for anybody trying to get the shoes and try them out.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #28370 on: November 22, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »

I have another 10 pairs of Reynolds in the box. I might be going overboard. But just can't stop myself when I find a pair for cheap.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28371 on: November 22, 2018, 09:48:31 PM »

I have another 10 pairs of Reynolds in the box. I might be going overboard. But just can't stop myself when I find a pair for cheap.

Very nice! I just ordered 4 pairs from Emerica with the Black Friday deal, 50% off! When those arrive I'll have 7 pairs waiting.  :)

The white ones look fucking great, especially when dirty! 👍

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #28372 on: November 25, 2018, 05:22:25 AM »
Syntax Dc, I’ll probably start skating them in a week or two.
First impression is they are comfy and slightly snug but in a good way. Seems like the toe is gonna have decent board feel but the heel is really thick.

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #28373 on: November 25, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
I am a fan of the Lucas Premiere and have these in rotation. On and off the board it's one of my favorites.

I don't know how much you usually pay for them, but you can get another pair on adidas.com for $37.10.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #28374 on: November 26, 2018, 06:35:44 AM »
state x tkfs after about a month of skating.

impressions; really comfy shoes in general, insoles provide decent cushioning but dont compromise boardfeel. suede feels good, shape of the shoe is decent and flicks well. bottom lace loops take a beating but not too bad, on the third lace this month.

construction wise ehh; mine blew out a little bit on the lace loops which isn't too bad however my friend whos skating the same pair diff colourway also blew out on the seam itself within a week leading to a pretty huge crevice on the side of the shoe as you can see here - small picture from insta screengrab but its a pretty huge hole and he reckons it's made the shoe feel alot floppier than it should be:

overall i'd say if you can get them on sale like we did maybe check them out but i probably wouldnt wanna pay full price for em (the salems anyway, cant comment on any other State models)

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28375 on: November 26, 2018, 07:41:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I don't know how much you usually pay for them, but you can get another pair on adidas.com for $37.10.

I got the black/white for $37 too

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28376 on: November 26, 2018, 02:43:44 PM »

holy shit that's in one month? I've been skating the exact same model as yours most every day for over two months, I skate pretty hard and in ways that can be particularly hard on the shoes (impossibles, etc.) and my shit isn't nearly as beat up, in fact it's still looking almost brand new. How did you even get to destroy part of the ollie pad? It looks indestructible on mine, and is reassuring to have because when you look down on your feet and you see it you just know no ollie or kickflip hole is going to start forming anytime soon.

started skating in them around mid-september, I'm goofy and didn't vacuum:

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28377 on: November 26, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit that's in one month? I've been skating the exact same model as yours most every day for over two months, I skate pretty hard and in ways that can be particularly hard on the shoes (impossibles, etc.) and my shit isn't nearly as beat up, in fact it's still looking almost brand new. How did you even get to destroy part of the ollie pad? It looks indestructible on mine, and is reassuring to have because when you look down on your feet and you see it you just know no ollie or kickflip hole is going to start forming anytime soon.

started skating in them around mid-september, I'm goofy and didn't vacuum:

I wish these fit me right, got two pairs and had to give one away, my heel wouldn't lock down but it was still tight fitting... idk
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28378 on: November 26, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »
I thought I was going to get that the first time I put those shoes on, heels were feeling a bit loose so I just laced both shoes literally all the way up and pretty tight (I need my laces tight for skating anyway) and skated them like that for a while. Now the laces are ripped and barely serve any purpose, but the shoes still fit snugly around my feet.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:37:00 PM by silhouette »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #28379 on: November 27, 2018, 02:38:22 AM »
i honestly have no idea how the fuck i've went through the ollie pad like that, or the shoes in general as i know for a fact you're probably doing considerably more flip tricks than me on a daily basis, i think the stitching on it got a little fucked up first and then it probably just wore down that way. with it being carpark/flatground season due to weather i have been playing multiple games of skate so thats probably why mine have wore down a shit ton more, still an interesting differential - though i will say i'd hazard a guess that theyll atleast last me until into the new year  :D