Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4535374 times)

daewonbong3000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28380 on: November 27, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
I’ve been hating every new shoe I’ve tried for the last 3-4 pair. Anyone have a swear by recommendation?

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #28381 on: November 27, 2018, 04:52:53 PM »
I’ve been hating every new shoe I’ve tried for the last 3-4 pair. Anyone have a swear by recommendation?
Which ones did you hate for reference?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28382 on: November 27, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »
(I have no idea how) you killed those states (in one month) :o
are you normally that harsh on your shoes?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #28383 on: November 28, 2018, 12:22:09 AM »

Try:

NB# 440 - a bit more tech than i usually like, but your feet will love you. Low profile cup thats just perfect if you want vulcs but feel it might hurt. Almost like Nike Koston 2s but that was a while ago

NB# 254 - You should be able to grab them on the cheap somewhere, updated model is the 255s. Very much very low vulc very nice. Probs my fav vulc for now.

Nike Blazer - the GT's yo, fresh, clean and a decent over all vulc.

Emerica Reynolds G3 - Cupsoles thats as cupsoles as cupsole can cuplsole. They look good and skate like a proper cupsole should

Ones i did not like:
Vans 112
Vans Chima 1
Vans Kyle - nice shoe, skate ok but i dont know man. just dont like the silhouette
Nike hyperfeel - meh

I hear a lot of good things from the adidas buz-whatevs but i dont do adidas for now

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28384 on: November 28, 2018, 09:58:56 AM »
Emerica Reynolds G6 and the ones I have waiting. Got a bunch from the Emerica Black Friday sale. Especially stoked on the grey and white ones but all these colours are very nice IMO.  :)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #28385 on: November 28, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Try:

NB# 440 - a bit more tech than i usually like, but your feet will love you. Low profile cup thats just perfect if you want vulcs but feel it might hurt. Almost like Nike Koston 2s but that was a while ago

NB# 254 - You should be able to grab them on the cheap somewhere, updated model is the 255s. Very much very low vulc very nice. Probs my fav vulc for now.

Emerica Reynolds G3 - Cupsoles thats as cupsoles as cupsole can cuplsole. They look good and skate like a proper cupsole should

Ones i did not like:
Vans 112
Vans Chima 1
Vans Kyle - nice shoe, skate ok but i dont know man. just dont like the silhouette
Nike hyperfeel - meh

I hear a lot of good things from the adidas buz-whatevs but i dont do adidas for now

Do you not know who Dennis busenitz is?

nickelflip

« Reply #28386 on: November 28, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
What does everyone think of the flick on the Reynolds G6 hot melt plastic toe cap under the suede? I read an interview with the designer, Paul Kwon, where he said companies didn't usually use that hot melt material because "Hot melt by itself has extremely poor flick and has the tendency to feel plastic like." But then after 10 kickflips you've worn through the suede and are flicking purely off that hot melt the designer himself said had horrible flick. That's the one thing that scares me away from the shoe.

http://www.weartested.com/paul-kwon-interview-emerica-lead-designer/

ungzilla

« Reply #28387 on: November 28, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
it is not noticeable at all

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28388 on: November 28, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »
Emerica Reynolds G6 and the ones I have waiting. Got a bunch from the Emerica Black Friday sale. Especially stoked on the grey and white ones but all these colours are very nice IMO.  :)

Those all look sick. I found it a bit thick for my liking, even though I like a substantial cupsole, but it's obviously a solid shoe.

I had no idea that people who pay for shoes ever bought large amounts like that, you got more new kicks on deck than pretty much anyone with a shoe sponsor in Canada. Hahaha.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #28389 on: November 28, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
Well when they’re running them out at half off it’s a hell of a lot easier to justify, was in my case at least

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28390 on: November 28, 2018, 09:02:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those all look sick. I found it a bit thick for my liking, even though I like a substantial cupsole, but it's obviously a solid shoe.

I had no idea that people who pay for shoes ever bought large amounts like that, you got more new kicks on deck than pretty much anyone with a shoe sponsor in Canada. Hahaha.

Haha. That's not even 1/3rd of the shoes I have waiting. I'm a sucker for a good deal. Probably stems from the times I had way less money to spend, so I pretty much had to find good deals. Getting new stuff has only ramped up while recovering from an injury the past few years while the rate at which I go through the stuff has dropped drastically.  :)

MalHuis

« Reply #28391 on: November 28, 2018, 11:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Try:

Ones i did not like:
Vans 112
Vans Chima 1
Nike hyperfeel - meh

I hear a lot of good things from the adidas buz-whatevs but i don't do adidas for now
[close]

Do you not know who Dennis busenitz is?

Jip i do. Skates fast and aggressive but with flare and tech. Trick selection on point usually. Apparently has a couple of good pro models, out cup and vulc, cant comment though, haven't skated.

Thanks for showing be how to spell his surname though!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #28392 on: November 29, 2018, 01:22:04 AM »

Been skating the Supra Shifter for a few months, and the NB#868 could potentially be next. Gotta say the shifter is reeeallyyy nice for me: cupsole is super thin and crazy flexible with satisfying boardfeel, but it doesnt hurt my flat feet like vulcs do (low impact skating). I'd say better boardfeel than vans slip-ons. The rubber + asymmetrical laces seemed gimmicky at first but im actually pretty pleased with the durability. Can't say I ever do much successful flicking, so idk how the toe cap affects me in that regard.

I think the 868s are beautiful and comfy shoes (colorway grew on me a lot after getting them just bc they were 60% off) but the boardfeel is wanting coming from the supras. might just keep em for cruising/everyday use.

Anyone got recommendations for durable, thin cupsoles? I remember having the Supra Hammer years ago and they were definitely thicker—are most supras thin like this now?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

MalHuis

« Reply #28393 on: November 29, 2018, 05:08:56 AM »

Been skating the Supra Shifter for a few months, and the NB#868 could potentially be next. Gotta say the shifter is reeeallyyy nice for me: cupsole is super thin and crazy flexible with satisfying boardfeel, but it doesnt hurt my flat feet like vulcs do (low impact skating). I'd say better boardfeel than vans slip-ons. The rubber + asymmetrical laces seemed gimmicky at first but im actually pretty pleased with the durability. Can't say I ever do much successful flicking, so idk how the toe cap affects me in that regard.

I think the 868s are beautiful and comfy shoes (colorway grew on me a lot after getting them just bc they were 60% off) but the boardfeel is wanting coming from the supras. might just keep em for cruising/everyday use.

Anyone got recommendations for durable, thin cupsoles? I remember having the Supra Hammer years ago and they were definitely thicker—are most supras thin like this now?

NB# 440 bro. Try it.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28394 on: November 29, 2018, 10:24:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

NB# 440 bro. Try it.

theyre really the best low top out.
i had a couple pairs 868 and they just never really got flexible at all, was kinda like wearing a brace almost
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

SoapyEyes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28395 on: November 29, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »

No lie puma suedes are my favorite thin cupsole. Liked em better than the figgy but maybe that's cause I like a chubby toebox

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #28396 on: November 29, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

NB# 440 bro. Try it.
[close]

i had a couple pairs 868 and they just never really got flexible at all, was kinda like wearing a brace almost

Co-sign on the 440's, you will not be disappointed!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #28397 on: December 01, 2018, 01:10:47 PM »
Thanks for suggestions guys. I'm excited to try some 440s on!

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28398 on: December 01, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

NB# 440 bro. Try it.
[close]

you hold your shoes the same way i take off condoms
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #28399 on: December 01, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

NB# 440 bro. Try it.
[close]

[close]

you hold your shoes the same way i take off condoms

nice. boardfeel like a vulv?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #28400 on: December 01, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »

grabbed a pair of these from premier thanks to tate posting a link. thanks tate!

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #28401 on: December 01, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »

grabbed a pair of these from premier thanks to tate posting a link. thanks tate!
That pink flesh colored toe piece fucking ruins that shoe.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28402 on: December 01, 2018, 04:29:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that five inch cuff would ruin any shoe tho
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #28403 on: December 01, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
hey now its only like 2 inches and its only because i was just trying the pants on.

Avon

• Rep: -2
« Reply #28404 on: December 02, 2018, 07:33:45 PM »

black and yellow

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #28405 on: December 03, 2018, 02:36:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

that five inch cuff would ruin any shoe tho
colourway reminds me of addidas Nrtn from years ago..

I’ve got two pairs of es on their way blackfriday cyber Monday sales seemed to drag on

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #28406 on: December 03, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »
Retiring

Replacement

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #28407 on: December 04, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »

Picked up a couple more pairs of Clives, I really like this shoe.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28408 on: December 04, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »
Cherish those Hufs while you can he said cryptically

Velvet

• Rep: -41
  • pat duffy
« Reply #28409 on: December 08, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »
Any recommendations for the best puffier shoes out right now. Akin to the re-released schemes or Dc's