Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4535968 times)

mpiss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28470 on: December 27, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »
I just ordered a pair of those TTS, but with the red logo and heel. Hopefully they fit me lol
You should be good, I bought them tts and they're fitting me just fine. They're a bit shorter than the all stars and fit better width wise than them imo. Definitely gonna have to use shoe goo if you're planning on skating them though.
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #28471 on: December 27, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ive never tried huf shoes before so with them going away and these only being 25 bucks id figure i would give them a try
[close]
Nice socks Nopes. I love Ian and that shop!
[close]

what are those socks and where can i buy some?

They are shop socks from ruin in Atlanta based off ipath socks.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #28472 on: December 27, 2018, 02:09:42 PM »
good for the office

Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28473 on: December 27, 2018, 04:51:28 PM »
good for the office

What are you, a cat burglar?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28474 on: December 27, 2018, 06:40:24 PM »

tried these on yesterday and they were so comfortable i bought them even though they werent the color i liked.

skated in them today and its been a while since i had a shoe that was so comfortable and skated so well right out of the box.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #28475 on: December 27, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
good for the office

How're they on the forefoot? i love these shoes but leather ones always make me feel a little wary given how much i need the suede ones to stretch out

mpiss

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28476 on: December 27, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »

tried these on yesterday and they were so comfortable i bought them even though they werent the color i liked.

skated in them today and its been a while since i had a shoe that was so comfortable and skated so well right out of the box.
http://www.homebaseskatesupply.com/product/adidas-3st-003-black-white-gum
If you plan on buying them again they're only 54 on this shop right now with the code YEAREND. Just wanted to state that cause those 3st's get pretty pricey.
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28477 on: December 27, 2018, 07:44:05 PM »
i would totally buy those if i wasnt such an asshole buying so many shoes as is. combined with buying stuff for secret santa i just cant allow myself to do it.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #28478 on: December 27, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »

Yea I've been eyeing these for a while.  Probably gonna snag a pair of the silvas in blue like yours as they look dope

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #28479 on: December 27, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
good for the office

[close]

What are you, a cat burglar?

Hahahaha id love to play that sneaky cymbal tune whenever he’d pass by

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #28480 on: December 28, 2018, 04:08:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yea I've been eyeing these for a while.  Probably gonna snag a pair of the silvas in blue like yours as they look dope

yoooo how's the fit on those???

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28481 on: December 28, 2018, 05:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I have the grey pair and they are the most comfortable shoes I've worn in a long time. It's like they took all my complaints about the Busenitz and made this.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #28482 on: December 28, 2018, 05:10:17 AM »
How do they skate tho?
I dont really enjoy their looks... But if they are godlike, id try them over Blazers

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28483 on: December 28, 2018, 06:22:50 AM »
How do they skate tho?
I dont really enjoy their looks... But if they are godlike, id try them over Blazers

I just got mine last night so I've only dicked around in them but so far so good. The ollie patch thing is very grippy but not really noticeable while you're wearing them. They're super comfortable and instantly broken in and feel probably as durable as the Busenitz with more boardfeel. Same shape as the Busenitz so if you've skated that and liked it you'll like this.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #28484 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »
Expand Quote
good for the office

[close]

How're they on the forefoot? i love these shoes but leather ones always make me feel a little wary given how much i need the suede ones to stretch out

narrow and really stiff. i've only wore them a few times so I'm not sure how well they will break in yet
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28485 on: December 28, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
How do they skate tho?
[close]

I just got mine last night so I've only dicked around in them but so far so good. The ollie patch thing is very grippy but not really noticeable while you're wearing them. They're super comfortable and instantly broken in and feel probably as durable as the Busenitz with more boardfeel. Same shape as the Busenitz so if you've skated that and liked it you'll like this.

i skated in mine yesterday and they were great. im not a good enough skater to give you a real review or anything but i loved the way they felt.

fit wise i went the typical half size down. the toe box area is really nice for me. i dont have particularly wide feet but i often get that little toe rub and am not having it with these. the sock liner thing feels nice. it doesnt bunch my socks up or anything. im a dick head and probably bought close to 10 shoes since black friday but i like these so much im struggling not to buy others on sale.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #28486 on: December 28, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
every pair of adidas skate shoes. i've had have ran small. im usually a uk 7.5 and the states i was skating previously fit a little bit loose, had some adi ease before that and they fit tight at a 7.5, janoskis before that were tts, somehow had to full size up on the busenitz at 8.5. got some other random adidas for chilling that are an 8 and they feel kinda loose.

fucking sizing mangggg, not complaining though probably gonna snag a second pair as they fit really comfortable, flick good and at £24 a pop its a no brainer.
[close]
That is weird, do you have a wide or narrow feet? I have a very wide feet and I skate us8 on es (accel, sesla, swift), nike (blazer,janoski) and vans (half cab, old skool and authentics) and last time I got those buse vulcs they were 7,5 and regular buse too, on campus some were even us7 and fit snug... things might have changed tho as my latest pair of adidas was atleast 5yrs ago...
Oh, and my all time fav shoe from adidas, silas 1 were us7,5 too

id say my feet are probably a lil wider than most but not by much. every pair of adidas ive had in the last few years (busenitz, adi ease and now these) have all fit p tight at my normal size and had to size up

the rx vulcs skate well, got sick of the gold so banged em with a sharpie magnum.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:16:55 AM by cosmicgypsies »

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #28487 on: December 28, 2018, 11:02:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I have the grey pair and they are the most comfortable shoes I've worn in a long time. It's like they took all my complaints about the Busenitz and made this.
Did you go with the same size as you would in the busenitz?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28488 on: December 28, 2018, 11:16:12 AM »
ive never had those. ive also currently been riding city cups at 10.5 and if i got those again i would go down to a 10 like i did with these. i didnt even bother trying 10.5s in these.  i wear 10.5 in almost anything else.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28489 on: December 28, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
So if I wear a 10.5 in Emericas, I should get a 10 in the Adidas with the booger on the side? I dunno why but something about those shoes is very tempting to me. I really like how they look. I've never had Adidas skate shoes and am pretty opposed to big sport companies in skating but still, I kinda want those.  ???

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28490 on: December 28, 2018, 12:28:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Did you go with the same size as you would in the busenitz?

Yes

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28491 on: December 28, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »
So if I wear a 10.5 in Emericas, I should get a 10 in the Adidas with the booger on the side? I dunno why but something about those shoes is very tempting to me. I really like how they look. I've never had Adidas skate shoes and am pretty opposed to big sport companies in skating but still, I kinda want those.  ???

Yes. I’m currently also skating in Reynolds g6 at size 10 and those are a bit to small. I will get 10.5s in those next time so go with 10 in these adidas.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28492 on: December 28, 2018, 12:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes. I’m currently also skating in Reynolds g6 at size 10 and those are a bit to small. I will get 10.5s in those next time so go with 10 in these adidas.

Well damn. Maybe I'll try my luck with a size 10 pair then. 🤔

Thanks for the info.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #28493 on: December 28, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
Just to chime in about
 the reynolds g6, mine didn’t feel short at all to where I would think of going up a half size.
In my opinion they are true to size.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28494 on: December 28, 2018, 01:31:23 PM »
Just to chime in about
 the reynolds g6, mine didn’t feel short at all to where I would think of going up a half size.
In my opinion they are true to size.

I think that's what nopes is saying too in a kind of a backwards way. IMO they are exactly true to size. Very very nicely fitting shoes and very comfortable right out the box. But if for him the same size in the 3st.003 is good and on the Reynolds G6 too small, I should be fine on the smaller size on the 3st.003 if our feet are similar.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28495 on: December 28, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »
Exactly. I didn’t realize I sized down when I got my g6s and was just too lazy and impatient to go about returning them so I just muscled through the early discomfort.

I’d suggest anyone thinking about 3st to try them on in person because I had no real intention of getting them, especially in this color, but I tried them on while my partner was trying on something else and was instantly sold because of how comfy they were.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #28496 on: December 29, 2018, 06:00:36 PM »

Huf Clive, glad I went .5 size up because the toe box is pretty small.
They have a great insole and the sole is basically thicker than the shoe its self. Should be nice for the colder months.
I'd compare them to a little bulkier one star pro.

interesting. Half a size compared to what shoe? I went a half size down from what I wear in the huppers (as weartested recommended) and they fit perfect

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #28497 on: December 29, 2018, 06:16:04 PM »
Reynolds G6 is tts, and the best shoe.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #28498 on: December 29, 2018, 06:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote

Huf Clive, glad I went .5 size up because the toe box is pretty small.
They have a great insole and the sole is basically thicker than the shoe its self. Should be nice for the colder months.
I'd compare them to a little bulkier one star pro.
[close]

interesting. Half a size compared to what shoe? I went a half size down from what I wear in the huppers (as weartested recommended) and they fit perfect
I can pretty much wear a 10 in everything. But my toes are pretty wide. I went .5 size up because it was the only size in this color that was on sale. Turned out having just a bit of wiggle room. Which is good because I have to wear a pretty rigid ankle brace which takes up a little bit of room. I bought a couple pairs in a 10 also and if I had went to 9.5 they wouldn’t fit at all.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #28499 on: December 29, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

Definitely eating some words here, but I’m hyped on these. My ankles are such trash, but most mids and highs feel way too restricting. Feels really good to have a little bit of support, even if they are a pretty thin shoe.

Edit: My bad for the big pic. Looked fine on mobile.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:51:14 PM by the_unknown_soldier »