Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524995 times)

A.J.K.

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #16380 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »
you guys interesting the the DC COLE. should probably check out the HUF pro. its a better shoe.
THIS.  If you guys don't like DC enough to take the logos off, why are you giving them your money?  Makes no sense.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #16381 on: February 23, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
Expand Quote
you guys are ridiculous
[close]

Hahaha that's what im sayin! "I really like the shoes but I don't want people to look at me a certain way because of the brand (BUT in the same breath i'll turn around and rock nike)" lol yall needa grow up

;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

b.v.

« Reply #16382 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »
Lots of shoe companies make great shoes,why rock something that you feel the need to tear the logo off though?Even with no logo I still know they're dc's. Not having it.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #16383 on: February 23, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote
you guys are ridiculous
[close]

Hahaha that's what im sayin! "I really like the shoes but I don't want people to look at me a certain way because of the brand" lol yall needa grow up

It's not even that. I'd just rather not be rocking a DC logo, smell me?

But I guess it just goes back to these points:
Expand Quote
you guys interesting the the DC COLE. should probably check out the HUF pro. its a better shoe.
[close]
THIS.  If you guys don't like DC enough to take the logos off, why are you giving them your money?  Makes no sense.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #16384 on: February 23, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
Eh the logo is pretty small and that wolf on the tongue is sweet! I just really really don't like DC as a company but I've heard nothing but good things about Cole's shoe.

you guys are ridiculous

Participation

• Rep: -27
« Reply #16385 on: February 24, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
I really can't see how anyone over 21 could find it acceptable to wear DC's in this day and age FULL STOP

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #16386 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »
I'm thinking about getting the HUF Southern, anyone tried them? Any review?

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #16387 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:30 AM »
can someone recommend me a shoe with a firm heel? apparently my ankle needs it.

dunk mids

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #16388 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »
Expand Quote
can someone recommend me a shoe with a firm heel? apparently my ankle needs it.
[close]

dunk mids

gravis arto mids (if theyre still available)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #16389 on: February 24, 2012, 10:51:05 AM »
been skating these after a ankle injury. was skating mid tops prior to these for the last 4 months. my second pair of huf choice's. amazing shoe. i replaced the stock insoles with those footprints.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16390 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
another burton-deal on the way

BraveUlysses

« Reply #16391 on: February 24, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you guys are ridiculous
[close]

Hahaha that's what im sayin! "I really like the shoes but I don't want people to look at me a certain way because of the brand (BUT in the same breath i'll turn around and rock nike)[/b]" lol yall needa grow up
[close]

;)
I've actually been only wearing Nike's for a few months now. I don't dislike DC because they're not 100% skate anymore or they sell their stuff in the mall. I dislike them because they come across so damn corny all the time. Mo's and Nyjah's welcome video had me cringing hard(except for Nyjah's tricks at the end of the video). I back Nike because I'm even interested in their non skate shoes(I remember there was a time when all I wanted were air-force ones), I usually love the colorways they come out with, and Blazers get me erect.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16392 on: February 24, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you guys are ridiculous
[close]

Hahaha that's what im sayin! "I really like the shoes but I don't want people to look at me a certain way because of the brand (BUT in the same breath i'll turn around and rock nike)[/b]" lol yall needa grow up
[close]

;)
[close]
I've actually been only wearing Nike's for a few months now. I don't dislike DC because they're not 100% skate anymore or they sell their stuff in the mall. I dislike them because they come across so damn corny all the time. Mo's and Nyjah's welcome video had me cringing hard(except for Nyjah's tricks at the end of the video). I back Nike because I'm even interested in their non skate shoes(I remember there was a time when all I wanted were air-force ones), I usually love the colorways they come out with, and Blazers get me erect.

Nike's are the shit. I wear alot of other brands but Nike is always gonna be in my top 3. lately ive been on my supra shit cuz they pretty much fit my my style to a T and im really tryna support their movement. Gay Imp's just tryna say some shit cuz he a Sk8D00D stan.

Wh0l3

« Reply #16393 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:15 PM »
I really can't see how anyone over 21 could find it acceptable to wear DC's in this day and age FULL STOP

I really can't see how anyone over 21 would be so insecure about their footwear's negative impact on their image.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #16394 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you guys are ridiculous
[close]

[close]

;)
[close]
[close]

Nike's are the shit. I wear alot of other brands but Nike is always gonna be in my top 3. lately ive been on my supra shit cuz they pretty much fit my my style to a T and im really tryna support their movement. Gay Imp's just tryna say some shit cuz he a Sk8D00D stan.

i'm not sure what a "sk8dood stan" is but anyways...
my response was simply in reply to people saying that they wanted to buy dc's and then rip the logo off ... why?
if you don't want to rock dc (for whatever reason), don't, it's that simple ;) 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

G.Lewis

« Reply #16395 on: February 24, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really can't see how anyone over 21 would be so insecure about their footwear's negative impact on their image.

So true.  One of the best things I ever heard, while skating, was a friend of mine telling some kid at Gabriel park to "get out of the way, I have a mortgage."  At a certain age I think you just stop giving a shit about everything, except having fun, especially when you have other crap going on. 

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16396 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So true.  One of the best things I ever heard, while skating, was a friend of mine telling some kid at Gabriel park to "get out of the way, I have a mortgage."  At a certain age I think you just stop giving a shit about everything, except having fun, especially when you have other crap going on. 

hell yeah i actually enjoy showing up at skateparks ina baggy ass t-shirt, basketball shorts & dunks while getting all these weird looks at first & then mindfucking all the shitty lil kickflip-challenged zumiez kids when i actually start skating. i feel like if you really care about how you look to other people while skating then you missin the whole point of this shit.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #16397 on: February 24, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »

Amen!
Get litty.....

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #16398 on: February 25, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
been skating these after a ankle injury. was skating mid tops prior to these for the last 4 months. my second pair of huf choice's. amazing shoe. i replaced the stock insoles with those footprints.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

exact shoe i fucked my ankle up in

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #16399 on: February 25, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
When it's rainy, you cant fuck with some waterproof boots. These things are so comfy.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #16400 on: February 25, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
I am playing motorcycles D-Beat today

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Participation

• Rep: -27
« Reply #16401 on: February 25, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hahaha!  A bunch of SLAP Pals and I were at the Baton Rouge skatepark and there was these little 12 year old kids just SHREDDING, and all of us are pretty much the old dude squad- married, some with kids, most of us in our 30s and we just started shouting at the kids all this ridiculous shit to one up them

"Oh yeah, well I'm not a virgin!"

"I don't have a curfew OR homework!"

"I can buy alcohol!"

and my favorite- "Enjoy your future because I just fucked up your economy!"

Hmmm im probably gonna be pretty concerned about my image still before i'm about 30

21 - 30... it still matters

victor333

« Reply #16402 on: February 26, 2012, 12:02:43 AM »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #16403 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
For those of you that have experience with Vox shoes... how is the durability on the shoe's bottom sole?

It looks just like the sole that Nike uses so I'm sure that they grip well, but I don't know about the material they use compared to Nike.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #16404 on: February 26, 2012, 09:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hahaha!  A bunch of SLAP Pals and I were at the Baton Rouge skatepark and there was these little 12 year old kids just SHREDDING, and all of us are pretty much the old dude squad- married, some with kids, most of us in our 30s and we just started shouting at the kids all this ridiculous shit to one up them

"Oh yeah, well I'm not a virgin!"

"I don't have a curfew OR homework!"

"I can buy alcohol!"

and my favorite- "Enjoy your future because I just fucked up your economy!"
[close]

Hmmm im probably gonna be pretty concerned about my image still before i'm about 30

21 - 30... it still matters
Shit. If you've got an image you're already fucked.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

victor333

« Reply #16405 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
For those of you that have experience with Vox shoes... how is the durability on the shoe's bottom sole?

It looks just like the sole that Nike uses so I'm sure that they grip well, but I don't know about the material they use compared to Nike.

It's been sooo long, but I had the troopers. They were actually my first vulcs ever and I remember thinking, "oh, god. these things hurt so bad."

As for durability, I can't say specifically, but the entire shoe was pretty meh, so the durability was probably meh. I don't know, dude. There's just so many better shoes you could skate that I wouldn't waste my time with Vox - unless you're getting them on the mad cheap.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #16406 on: February 26, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

I've had a few pairs of the Troopers and Drehobl's first shoe. The grip does wear down quicker than normal. Grip is average. I like them enough to buy more.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #16407 on: February 26, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »
one of my friends has had like 2 or 3 pairs of vox and before like even a week the grip had worn through to the insole

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #16408 on: February 26, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
I dont know, I had the Destroyers and first Hewitt shoe, and they were both amazing, I like Vox.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #16409 on: February 26, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
Skating a pair of Saveys right now, I love them.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.