Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4532741 times)

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27420 on: November 16, 2017, 09:56:02 AM »
I've been injured and real under-the-weather lately, so I treated myself to some fancy jordans:

I never wear shoes like these (and I can't imagine skating them) so every day I'm tempted to sell em.. But damnit they're luxurious.
They're actually really good for skating, plus you get the feeling that you're Lance Mountain.

Chippedwood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #27421 on: November 16, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
adp? i dont give a shit

today: SK8 MIDS

I only skate chimas 8)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27422 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
Finally went and copped me a pair of some Bubblegum Tate’s

I’m usually against this, but I might just have to microwave em one time for the culture

Definitely had to go half a size up tho. They fit perfectly snug fresh out the box but Im sure I wouldn’t have even been able to fit my normal size.

I have been stuck on the sidelines with an injury so you have to skate them well for me.  :)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27423 on: November 17, 2017, 04:18:28 AM »
Bought a pair of Romero laced in leather for work for cheap, they're with or without laces like the normal model aren't they ?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27424 on: November 17, 2017, 05:18:12 AM »
only thing sure about these romeros laced is that they fucked the heel lock and made an achille's tendon slayer instead
got them for cheap too, the nubuck ones

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27425 on: November 17, 2017, 05:28:36 AM »
only thing sure about these romeros laced is that they fucked the heel lock and made an achille's tendon slayer instead

I'm that guy. What's your sig from?

micky682

« Reply #27426 on: November 17, 2017, 06:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm that guy. What's your sig from?
Anti Hero Mutations video. I want my trucks like that...

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #27427 on: November 17, 2017, 07:41:03 AM »
Bought a pair of Romero laced in leather for work for cheap, they're with or without laces like the normal model aren't they ?

I bought these for cheap back in summer and they have the tongue straps for slip-on option just like my other Romero Laced.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #27428 on: November 20, 2017, 02:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I've been injured and real under-the-weather lately, so I treated myself to some fancy jordans:

I never wear shoes like these (and I can't imagine skating them) so every day I'm tempted to sell em.. But damnit they're luxurious.
[close]
They're actually really good for skating, plus you get the feeling that you're Lance Mountain.

Id love to skate my pair, but cant bring myself round to fucking them up

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #27429 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »

2nd pair of griffins in the last few months

If they came with a luxlite insole these are the only shoes I would skate

gumi

• Rep: 6
« Reply #27430 on: November 21, 2017, 03:39:16 AM »
Damn those Griffin's are beautiful

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #27431 on: November 21, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Id love to skate my pair, but cant bring myself round to fucking them up

I ended up skating in them anyways, I'm still on the injured list so I had to stick to just rolling around, but it's true! Jordan 1's are a great skate shoe, and I don't even like high tops. I also didn't want to scuff them up, but then I realized I'm not really into clothes that way.

Life is short, ollie in 200$ jordans, that's my motto.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27432 on: November 23, 2017, 02:27:06 PM »
All my life I’ve never been a big fan of New Balance, but 4-5 sessions in the 533 v2’s got me feeling like Kip when he first met Lafonda

Had to order some red ones with all the discounts going on right now, super stoked

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27433 on: November 23, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Slipped my Footprints into a pair of Ray Barbee Era Pros and for the first hour or so they seem to make all the difference in the world

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27434 on: November 24, 2017, 06:52:43 PM »
Got hooked up with these.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27435 on: November 24, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
All my life I’ve never been a big fan of New Balance, but 4-5 sessions in the 533 v2’s got me feeling like Kip when he first met Lafonda

Had to order some red ones with all the discounts going on right now, super stoked

This colorway was one of the first 533 v.2 samples I ever skated and far surpassed the OG 533 from the first few hours of the session. Especially the fit of the shoe. Was right this time.

When I get back from my injury, I will lace up a new v.2

animalflesh

« Reply #27436 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »
Got the Daniel Lutheran old Skool pros, there's an annoying seam that doesn't bother me anymore now that I broke in the toe box

The insoles are comfortable not too much support but the shoe is extra flexible and that duracap shit isn't as clunky looking anymore

The color I like a lot which is a bonus and probably why I bought them

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27437 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:31 AM »
Gonna ask again even though I know this has been beaten to death--how do the skate Chucks run in sizing? I'm a 10 a virtually everything (Vans, Huf, Dekline, State, Emerica) but I've heard I should go a half a size or even a full size down.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #27438 on: November 27, 2017, 01:13:39 AM »
Gonna ask again even though I know this has been beaten to death--how do the skate Chucks run in sizing? I'm a 10 a virtually everything (Vans, Huf, Dekline, State, Emerica) but I've heard I should go a half a size or even a full size down.
I wear an 11 in pretty much everything but I went a full size down in those and they fit like a dream.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27439 on: November 27, 2017, 02:39:38 AM »
Went from a half size down to a full size and it's miles better

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #27440 on: November 27, 2017, 05:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wear an 11 in pretty much everything but I went a full size down in those and they fit like a dream.

Exactly the same for me. Half size down is way too big. Full size is perfect.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #27441 on: November 28, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Exactly the same for me. Half size down is way too big. Full size is perfect.

So I can't comment on most of the brands you listed but I'm a half size down from my Emerica/ Adidas Samba/ dress shoe size and a full size down from my Nike/Asics/Buz ADV size.

Little Debbie

« Reply #27442 on: November 29, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »
bruin vapor, love the one piece fit of this shoe. trying to keep them clean as long as possible before skating them

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #27443 on: November 29, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »
bruin vapor, love the one piece fit of this shoe. trying to keep them clean as long as possible before skating them

How do you think they'll skate? Thinking of buying a pair for work but worried about the stability of that raised heel. They look really good though
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Little Debbie

« Reply #27444 on: November 29, 2017, 07:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How do you think they'll skate? Thinking of buying a pair for work but worried about the stability of that raised heel. They look really good though
they'll skate pretty good for a cupsole, I reckon. good heel lock when they're laced up to the top eyelet. and i'm just a fan of the Bruin's clean design and toebox, so i'm looking forward to skating them, but not for a while.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #27445 on: November 29, 2017, 07:51:03 PM »

6th & 7th pair of these and i have yet to skate them with the adiprene insole.
fp gamechangers ftw

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #27446 on: November 30, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »

I'm planning to skate this matchcourt slip ones but after chilling them a little bit got too loose and they go out from my feet if I make a simple kick. Any way to fix this without wearing winter socks? thanks

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #27447 on: November 30, 2017, 12:44:30 AM »

I'm planning to skate this matchcourt slip ones but after chilling them a little bit got too loose and they go out from my feet if I make a simple kick. Any way to fix this without wearing winter socks? thanks
Try removing the insoles and putting bigger foamy insoles or whatever insoles you have that are a tad bigger than the ones one those matchcourt

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #27448 on: November 30, 2017, 12:59:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Try removing the insoles and putting bigger foamy insoles or whatever insoles you have that are a tad bigger than the ones one those matchcourt

Those have a really low cut, your feet will be too high with a thicker insole and it will not cup your heel anymore. I would just not skate them. I would buy a half size down to skate them, or maybe buy the canvas version since it doesnt stretch so much over time.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #27449 on: November 30, 2017, 04:55:12 AM »
^^Thanks pals, I thought about putting extra elastic bands inside the shoe and something on the counterpart to make more pressure. I'm not sure about using a half size down, they were really tight at the beginning