Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4532367 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27540 on: December 28, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
Sorry if its already been discussed but has anyone skated State's slip on? i like the look of them and the collar seems to sit higher than vans which is my biggest issue with slip ons.
Buy it. True to size, pretty durable, and very snug for a slip on. All around great shoe.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #27541 on: December 28, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Sorry if its already been discussed but has anyone skated State's slip on? i like the look of them and the collar seems to sit higher than vans which is my biggest issue with slip ons.
[close]
Buy it. True to size, pretty durable, and very snug for a slip on. All around great shoe.
Yep, Buy them!

Pigeon

« Reply #27542 on: December 29, 2017, 06:46:51 AM »
I wanted to keep some for my collection of team handsome shoes.
Are you that gravisskateboarding account on Instagram?

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #27543 on: December 29, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That page is painful to look at.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #27544 on: December 29, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
Lunar gatos. They used to be green ;)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #27545 on: December 29, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »

They came with black/green laces, but they didn't do it for me...
I wanna re-do the white stripe and i'll post that if that comes to fruition, but i've fucked shoes up before and I don't know if i wanna risk it for that unique-colored biscuit.
If i knew there was camo on the inside i wouldn't have copped but i dont' really spend a lot of time looking
also, very nervous and skeptical on this "ultra cush" thing they got going on.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27546 on: December 29, 2017, 01:12:51 PM »
Ultra cush is fine. I used to replace my insoles on other brands but I don't for those if that means anything. Get ready to only be able to wear one pair of random socks with those shoes because all others will make fart sounds.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27547 on: December 29, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
hell yeeah. i was worried cuz i usually do the same with the insoles.
I wonder if ye old Butt Powder will work for the fart noises

Randozzi

« Reply #27548 on: December 29, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »

I wanna re-do the white stripe and i'll post that if that comes to fruition, but i've fucked shoes up before and I don't know if i wanna risk it for that unique-colored biscuit.
If i knew there was camo on the inside i wouldn't have copped but i dont' really spend a lot of time looking
Damn, that's a solid looking colorway. Nice one on the white laces.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #27549 on: December 30, 2017, 07:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not at all. In fact, I refuse to follow it due to the fact that I really wasn't into gravis until after its demise. I hate the fact that the guy who runs it is always looking for free stuff too. No, I used to collect skate models I liked, those being one of them. I honestly keep them for myself and just plan on having a small collection of stuff that I can look back to one day and reminisce. I guess you can all make fun of that now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:44:38 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #27550 on: December 30, 2017, 08:33:02 AM »
Diamond Boo J XL

The insole is some PU foam stuff that feels a lot like lunarlon to me. Also that inner sock is super soft and helps keep your foot snug without feeling tight unlike the god aweful Vans slip on pros that  come with an insult it's too big and causes your heel to sleep around (it's hard to find another in so either because usually the insoles too low and the back digs into my calcaneus.)

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #27551 on: December 30, 2017, 10:28:37 AM »
come with an insult it's too big and causes your heel to sleep around

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Not at all. In fact, I refuse to follow it due to the fact that I really wasn't into graves until after its demise. I hate the fact that the guy who runs it is always looking for free stuff too. No, I used to collect skate models I liked, those being one of them. I honestly keep them for myself and just plan on having a small collection of stuff that I can look back to one day and reminisce. I guess you can all make fun of that now.

I kind of want to make fun of that, but you're upfront about it. I like that.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #27552 on: December 30, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
Expand Quote
come with an insult it's too big and causes your heel to sleep around
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Not at all. In fact, I refuse to follow it due to the fact that I really wasn't into graves until after its demise. I hate the fact that the guy who runs it is always looking for free stuff too. No, I used to collect skate models I liked, those being one of them. I honestly keep them for myself and just plan on having a small collection of stuff that I can look back to one day and reminisce. I guess you can all make fun of that now.
[close]

I kind of want to make fun of that, but you're upfront about it. I like that.

I appreciate that! Long story short, I grew up with some people that pretended that their influence, hobbies, etc came from thin air....I cannot stand that. A lot of it started for me as I generally skate the same shoe multiple times, often buying two right off the bat. So sometimes I find something else, thus sitting on other shoes. So a lot of this started from that, and now I generally take it easy.

Randozzi

« Reply #27553 on: December 30, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »

I know it's a commonly asked question on here but how do they fit? My local doesn't have them but Orchard does. I'm a 9 in Busenitz and Jack Purcells. But 9.5 in most other shoes. Would a 9.5 have too much room? Thanks for the help.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #27554 on: December 30, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I know it's a commonly asked question on here but how do they fit? My local doesn't have them but Orchard does. I'm a 9 in Busenitz and Jack Purcells. But 9.5 in most other shoes. Would a 9.5 have too much room? Thanks for the help.

i would probably go with the 9's. i think vans fit a little long in the toe
For Your Health

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27555 on: December 31, 2017, 06:40:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i would probably go with the 9's. i think vans fit a little long in the toe

they definitely are on the snug side, i'm about that insole life and I don't think i'm going to be able to do insoles in these, they remind me of Blazers and I don't have to feel guilty, well at least as much...

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #27556 on: December 31, 2017, 10:20:43 AM »

I was actually very impressed with the Ultracush insoles on my last few pairs of Vans. Even my Slip On Pros feel at least a tiny bit supportive.

The Santabunny was kind this year. No idea why they discontinued that Reynolds colorway, but I'm glad I got a pair.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #27557 on: January 01, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »
A month ago I asked if someone knew any way to tight a pair of Matchcourts slip ons that were too loose. After being inspired by the Supra Cuba I ended up drilling some holes and putting laces and the result is way better than expected, they skate really well.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #27558 on: January 01, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »
A month ago I asked if someone knew any way to tight a pair of Matchcourts slip ons that were too loose. After being inspired by the Supra Cuba I ended up drilling some holes and putting laces and the result is way better than expected, they skate really well.

Those look great! I'll have to try that if I buy slip-ons again. I know Josh Matthews used to do that with his Dylan slips once they got loose.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #27559 on: January 01, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
I ended up drilling some holes and putting laces and the result is way better than expected
They look great! Could you describe your technique/tools for drilling the holes?  Would an icepick or something work?
All you got is today, get out and skate.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #27560 on: January 02, 2018, 12:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I ended up drilling some holes and putting laces and the result is way better than expected
[close]
They look great! Could you describe your technique/tools for drilling the holes?  Would an icepick or something work?

I used an electrical Dill, at the beginning I tried with a tool that makes extra holes in to the belts but it was impossible.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27561 on: January 02, 2018, 06:12:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I used an electrical Dill, at the beginning I tried with a tool that makes extra holes in to the belts but it was impossible.

Those look great! How gnarly was keeping the drill in place? I'd have fucked that job up.
did this thing not work?

Too much material? I always wondered how it would work, never tried, you are a pioneer, sir!

I also feel like 1 sweaty skate session would retire those shoes with suede/super toe cap = less breathability/straight up meltage near where the rubber met the suede of the shoe?
How many times can you skate em before having to call time-o-death?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #27562 on: January 02, 2018, 07:28:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

good come sausage

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27563 on: January 02, 2018, 07:34:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

We're gonna need some photoshop on this

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27564 on: January 02, 2018, 08:51:02 AM »

I don’t know you, but I’m proud of you.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27565 on: January 02, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »

Got a couple pairs of these on clearance, they feel like oiled suede. Any of you guys ever try dying fabrics? the tongue on these are really distracting and sharpie would take forever

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #27566 on: January 02, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
I've dyed a whole bunch of stuff. Once I dyed a pair of canvas chucks black. Worked out nicely enough. The rubber parts got a bit colored too but I didn't mind. I used one of those machine wash dyes. Dunno how the suede would react to machine washing though. 🤔 Might not like it. Mind you, you can pretty much only dye natural fabrics, so if the tongue isn't cotton, dyeing is most likely not gonna work.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #27567 on: January 03, 2018, 05:26:45 AM »
Got a couple pairs of these on clearance, they feel like oiled suede. Any of you guys ever try dying fabrics? the tongue on these are really distracting and sharpie would take forever

those are sick AF wouldn't dye the tongue on those any day blanket life or die
good come sausage

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #27568 on: January 03, 2018, 02:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

coneklr

« Reply #27569 on: January 03, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »

Yeah, I'd give you a few pair of shoes for a pair of those!  Diggin em!