Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4535271 times)

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27840 on: April 27, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
^ ^ would be interested to hear about the fit on those ^^
I go .5 size down in most cons , these fit true to size IMO.
They have a pretty slim lunarlon insole but it still feels nice.
Nordstrom has a few pairs for $39 (ends up being $52 with shipping and tax) hard to find them anywhere else now.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #27841 on: April 28, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »
Just picked up the Cyrus Dunk Elite Hi's on for $50aud which is less than a quarter of retail. Pretty happy with that scoop.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27842 on: April 29, 2018, 10:06:14 AM »
So what’s the word on the adidas city cups? I’m still a month or two out from needing some new skate shoes but they’re on my radar. My biggest concerns are how fast the laces will rip and if there’s some sort of strap that centers the tongue. I’d imagine the cushioning is adequate but I’d probably use some FP insoles in them anyway

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27843 on: April 29, 2018, 11:43:33 AM »
So what’s the word on the adidas city cups? I’m still a month or two out from needing some new skate shoes but they’re on my radar. My biggest concerns are how fast the laces will rip and if there’s some sort of strap that centers the tongue. I’d imagine the cushioning is adequate but I’d probably use some FP insoles in them anyway

my friend had them, seemed like they didnt last long at all, and fit weird. would not recommend
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Little Debbie

« Reply #27844 on: April 29, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »
Loving these Koston 2's I just started wearing.  Minimal marketing and super comfortable.   
are you from 2014? you buy some cheap deadstock online or something?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #27845 on: April 29, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my friend had them, seemed like they didnt last long at all, and fit weird. would not recommend

They are good looking shoes but from everything you've ever posted about shoes I'd assume you would hate them.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #27846 on: April 30, 2018, 04:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Loving these Koston 2's I just started wearing.  Minimal marketing and super comfortable.   
[close]
are you from 2014? you buy some cheap deadstock online or something?

I got them from some crazy online deal about two years ago.  They have been just sitting in the closet since then. 

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #27847 on: April 30, 2018, 06:06:55 AM »
Just picked up the Cyrus Dunk Elite Hi's on for $50aud which is less than a quarter of retail. Pretty happy with that scoop.

Where from? I as another frugal Aussie need to know.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27848 on: May 01, 2018, 05:28:53 PM »

I took this on the mid-shit because that's how much I care about slap. Anyways, I'm a little bummed on how quickly I began to blow through the suede (got through it after about a week) and the rubber since I'm pretty much through the toe bumper but the sole and insole are still super good. They flick well and the support is good. I can skate in them for a while without my feet hurting. Definitely would buy these again.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:30:19 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #27849 on: May 01, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
Was having something of a gear crisis with all of my shoes and just not really being psyched on any of them, so I went with something completely different for me. I was kinda tripping on the rubber insole, but after walking around the shop in 'em for a minute I started to really like them. Only got to do a couple laps around the park cuz I was tired after work, so they're not broken in yet but I have high hopes.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #27850 on: May 02, 2018, 06:28:15 AM »
Was having something of a gear crisis with all of my shoes and just not really being psyched on any of them, so I went with something completely different for me. I was kinda tripping on the rubber insole, but after walking around the shop in 'em for a minute I started to really like them. Only got to do a couple laps around the park cuz I was tired after work, so they're not broken in yet but I have high hopes.

-Adidas Suciu-

I'm still kicking myself for not getting some when they were $56 on the adidas site.  I've been wanting to try out a new shoe and have been considering these or the 533 V2's.  There's a lot of flack for the insole, but I had a pair of the first Suciu's and after adjusting to the Adiprene, found that my knees were less sore and I could skate a while longer than usual.  How was the fit for you?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:08:37 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27851 on: May 02, 2018, 06:37:21 AM »
I'd say they fit pretty true to size. I generally bounce between 10.5 and 11 for shoes, and 10.5 seems like it was a fine choice. I've got a little room in the toe but it's not substantial. They're a little snug due to pointy shape of the shoe, but that's what I wanted so I just gotta break 'em in some more.

jamersonbass

« Reply #27852 on: May 02, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »
I'd say they fit pretty true to size. I generally bounce between 10.5 and 11 for shoes, and 10.5 seems like it was a fine choice. I've got a little room in the toe but it's not substantial. They're a little snug due to pointy shape of the shoe, but that's what I wanted so I just gotta break 'em in some more.

Thanks man.  On a whim I did a google shopping search and it just so happened that the only shop with the sale price ($56) was 79 miles away from me and had free shipping.  Couldn't pass it up.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27853 on: May 02, 2018, 08:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man.  On a whim I did a google shopping search and it just so happened that the only shop with the sale price ($56) was 79 miles away from me and had free shipping.  Couldn't pass it up.

Hope they're good for ya! I just had my first real session in mine today and was quite pleased. For a cupsole they broke in reasonably fast, but they've got the flick and shape of a vulc. I was skating flat and was doing tricks first try that are very out of character for me.

jamersonbass

« Reply #27854 on: May 03, 2018, 07:08:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hope they're good for ya! I just had my first real session in mine today and was quite pleased. For a cupsole they broke in reasonably fast, but they've got the flick and shape of a vulc. I was skating flat and was doing tricks first try that are very out of character for me.

They just arrived (already!).  They feel super good.  I'm looking forward to giving them a skate on Sunday. 

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27855 on: May 04, 2018, 02:41:15 PM »

Circa

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27856 on: May 04, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »
Those look like what Beavis and Butthead wore

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #27857 on: May 04, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »

Nah Beavis and Butthead wear those ugly ass cons chucks in all black. Those are a little better.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #27858 on: May 04, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »
did any of you guys skate any of the straye shoes? i found them deadstock for very cheap and i’m contemplating buying them, are they any good? some of their models don’t even look that bad (obviously except high af slipons and shit like that)
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #27859 on: May 04, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »

You almost made me spit out my beer on my work computer.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #27860 on: May 05, 2018, 06:11:41 AM »
did any of you guys skate any of the straye shoes? i found them deadstock for very cheap and i’m contemplating buying them, are they any good? some of their models don’t even look that bad (obviously except high af slipons and shit like that)

I bought a pair to try them out for $15. Still paid too much for them. They felt clunky and poorly put together.  My feet hurt the entire time I skated them.  I gave them away after 4 or 5 sessions. I would say save the $20 and put it toward a shoe that's actually skatable

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #27861 on: May 06, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
I fuck with those circas
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #27862 on: May 08, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »
Finally down to my last pair of Reynolds lows.
It's been a good run. Almost 4 years straight. At least 15, maybe 20 pairs in a row.
They've kept my feet nice and protected. Thanks for making a great shoe Emerica.

Bonus pic. Kitty wanted to get in on the action.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #27863 on: May 08, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
That's the same color as my final pair which I'm skating now. Might try the G6 next.

I thought they felt a little floppy (brand new) but I was talking with another Reynolds Low fan who told me the G6s aren't too far off the Low.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27864 on: May 08, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »
Alright so I rolled the dice on some City Cups and got to skate them today for the first time. First things first, make sure you get the sizing right on these. I tried them on before ordering and in my usual size 10 there was too much dead space in the toebox and the tongue would've probably flopped across my foot all day long. I went down to 9.5 and they fit perfect. Very snug but comfortable. The tongue doesn't have straps, but in my hour-long session they didnt sink into the sides of the shoe because the fit was snug and the padding kept it in place. I'm a stickler for that shit but it doesn't seem to be a major issue for these when they fit properly.

My only grip/concern is the durability in the ollie area. 1 hour in and the seam is already showing wear. Might have to do some minor shoe gooing after a couple sessions if it gets bad which sucks because they're such a good looking shoe but we'll see how they pan out over time.

Overall tho they broke in super fast and feel great when skating them. Grip and flick are as good as you'd imagine and they feel very responsive as a skate shoe. The cushioning is decent for mid-sized gaps and drops but nothing spectacular. The actual fit and structure of the shoe cradles your foot very nicely though and I'm interested in trying out my flat FP insoles in these to see that puts them over the top in that department. They're worth trying out if you like how they look but make sure you get that fit right. I'd suggest going down half a size if you gotta take a gamble ordering online.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #27865 on: May 08, 2018, 07:52:51 PM »
I’m not posting a pic because it’s a fucking hassle, but those Tiago DC’s I got for Christmas are fucking good.  Comfy, grippy, nice and thin on the sole up front.  Really nice modern shoe that incorporates the early 00’s in a tasteful way, much like the man himself.  Buy some.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #27866 on: May 10, 2018, 04:54:10 AM »

The ant

• Rep: 1
« Reply #27867 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »

Nice job on the Project BA one of my favorites I would like them to make again.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27868 on: May 11, 2018, 11:11:13 AM »
upgraded crocketts 2

goatgruff13

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27869 on: May 12, 2018, 09:26:18 PM »
Hey guys, can you all help me decide between getting a pair of eS Swift 1.5s or a pair of Vans Crockett Pro 2s? I don't really have anywhere to try them out, so I'm going to order online and was hoping some of you have experience with these shoes. I'm looking for a cupsole shoe with a removable insole that is decently flexible and has good board feel. From what I've read/watched it seems like maybe the eS shoes are more durable but the Vans might be more flexible and maybe better board feel? Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated!