Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525002 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27870 on: May 13, 2018, 08:44:33 AM »
Hey guys, can you all help me decide between getting a pair of eS Swift 1.5s or a pair of Vans Crockett Pro 2s? I don't really have anywhere to try them out, so I'm going to order online and was hoping some of you have experience with these shoes. I'm looking for a cupsole shoe with a removable insole that is decently flexible and has good board feel. From what I've read/watched it seems like maybe the eS shoes are more durable but the Vans might be more flexible and maybe better board feel? Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated!

I’m wearing es everswift’s as I type this, based on quick search those swift 1.5’s have the same sole as these. Insole is glued but removable with some work, grip is nice and overall I pretty much like these shoes, haven’t skated them yet tho other than slight cruising.I’ve been skating other es models lately,sesla’s and accel slims and sole tech has really improved their soles since last time I had some of their shoes, lasts the same as nikes imo. Sorry I have no input for those Vans.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27871 on: May 13, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey guys, can you all help me decide between getting a pair of eS Swift 1.5s or a pair of Vans Crockett Pro 2s? I don't really have anywhere to try them out, so I'm going to order online and was hoping some of you have experience with these shoes. I'm looking for a cupsole shoe with a removable insole that is decently flexible and has good board feel. From what I've read/watched it seems like maybe the eS shoes are more durable but the Vans might be more flexible and maybe better board feel? Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated!
[close]

I’m wearing es everswift’s as I type this, based on quick search those swift 1.5’s have the same sole as these. Insole is glued but removable with some work, grip is nice and overall I pretty much like these shoes, haven’t skated them yet tho other than slight cruising.I’ve been skating other es models lately,sesla’s and accel slims and sole tech has really improved their soles since last time I had some of their shoes, lasts the same as nikes imo. Sorry I have no input for those Vans.
the crockett 2 are nice to skate, durable soles, superglue on all the exposed stitchings and they're good to go, don't know about es

goatgruff13

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27872 on: May 13, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »

The swift 1.5s actually have a completely removable insole! They were showing it and talking about it in a video review I watched. The Accel Slim Grizzlys were another I was considering, but those have the glued in insole as well. Plus I like the reinforcements the swift 1.5s have! They have a urethane toe cap deal, and a silicon pad on the "ollie spot". I'm honestly really close to just pulling the trigger on them, but I wanted to see if I could get some input on their flexibility and boardfeel and such. I know going with a cupsole shoe, I'm going to lose a little boardfeel and flex no matter what. I just want to make sure they aren't annoyingly stiff or anything.

goatgruff13

« Reply #27873 on: May 13, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »
Plus I'm old, and the es Swift 1.5s just sort of remind of the es's Burnquist and Muska and such used to wear. So it triggers that nostalgia factor for me lol.

goatgruff13

« Reply #27874 on: May 13, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
the crockett 2 are nice to skate, durable soles, superglue on all the exposed stitchings and they're good to go, don't know about es

Yeah, the Crockett 2s seem awesome as well! That's why I'm kind of torn. But I think I might try out the es and then probably try out some crockett 2s later on. Unless someone on here has some make or break issue with the swifts or something hahah. That's why I'm asking about them on here. I know lots of people who have skated the Crockett 2s and there are ton of reviews online. They kind of the tried and true choice. But the es shoes seem awesome. It's just I haven't been able to find many first hand opinions on the swift 1.5s. They are pretty new tho.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:43:06 AM by goatgruff13 »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #27875 on: May 13, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
Plus I'm old, and the es Swift 1.5s just sort of remind of the es's Burnquist and Muska and such used to wear. So it triggers that nostalgia factor for me lol.
I feel you, that teardrop from Muska's is such a dope detail! Guess I'm old too... I say just pull the trigger, I have 3 different pairs of es cupsoles and none of them is on the stiff side, of course if you're coming from vulcs they can feel bit different but that's just protection to your feet man!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

goatgruff13

« Reply #27876 on: May 13, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
I feel you, that teardrop from Muska's is such a dope detail! Guess I'm old too... I say just pull the trigger, I have 3 different pairs of es cupsoles and none of them is on the stiff side, of course if you're coming from vulcs they can feel bit different but that's just protection to your feet man!

I hadn't really owned a board or skated much in close to 15 years, but I got myself one a few weeks ago and have been going hard! I usually always skated vulcs back in the day, so I just picked up some Vans Era Pros I found for cheap. But I'm many years and many injuries older now, and I can feel it in my knees and hips after long sessions. And I'm not even doing much more than cruising and ollies.. Hopping some gaps and such, but no crazy sets or impacts or anything. I'm just older and busted now days lol. I know part of it is that I'm just out of shape and working a lot of muscles I haven't used like that in a long time. But I just feel like trying out some cupsoles might help out a little.

goatgruff13

« Reply #27877 on: May 13, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »
That's also why I wanted a shoe with a removable insole. Because there are a few insoles and orthotics I might experiment with as well, and see if those help also.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #27878 on: May 13, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, the Crockett 2s seem awesome as well! That's why I'm kind of torn. But I think I might try out the es and then probably try out some crockett 2s later on. Unless someone on here has some make or break issue with the swifts or something hahah. That's why I'm asking about them on here. I know lots of people who have skated the Crockett 2s and there are ton of reviews online. They kind of the tried and true choice. But the es shoes seem awesome. It's just I haven't been able to find many first hand opinions on the swift 1.5s. They are pretty new tho.
The Swift 1.5 is awesome. I usually skate vulc shoes like Vans, and they were not hard to get used to at all. They're very flexible and they never really ripped. I ended up stopping skating them because I was tired of looking at them after about 3 months.
I do believe they have a removable insole, although I skated the shoe as it comes. It's much more comfortable than the Accel Slim which I've also skated and hated the glued in insole. Boardfeel is very good for a cupsole shoe since they are so flexible, but they do offer a good amount of support and feel very stable.

I'd recommend trying a pair for sure if you're into that style.

goatgruff13

« Reply #27879 on: May 13, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
The Swift 1.5 is awesome. I usually skate vulc shoes like Vans, and they were not hard to get used to at all. They're very flexible and they never really ripped. I ended up stopping skating them because I was tired of looking at them after about 3 months.
I do believe they have a removable insole, although I skated the shoe as it comes. It's much more comfortable than the Accel Slim which I've also skated and hated the glued in insole. Boardfeel is very good for a cupsole shoe since they are so flexible, but they do offer a good amount of support and feel very stable.

Awesome! Thanks for the input man! I think I'm going to get a pair of the Black/Gums!

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27880 on: May 14, 2018, 08:18:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Awesome! Thanks for the input man! I think I'm going to get a pair of the Black/Gums!

Enjoy!
They fit true to size by the way.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #27881 on: May 14, 2018, 08:19:05 PM »
Always wanted the Burnquist 2's but could never get my hand on them. So rad.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #27882 on: May 14, 2018, 09:15:11 PM »

It’s the Creager with the Muska Ollie pad.  Neither Burnquist look like that

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27883 on: May 14, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »
swift 1.5 just brings back so many good memories with its design

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

thebacker

« Reply #27884 on: May 20, 2018, 09:35:03 AM »
Was having something of a gear crisis with all of my shoes and just not really being psyched on any of them, so I went with something completely different for me. I was kinda tripping on the rubber insole, but after walking around the shop in 'em for a minute I started to really like them. Only got to do a couple laps around the park cuz I was tired after work, so they're not broken in yet but I have high hopes.

by far the best shoe they make, solid choice

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27885 on: May 20, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »

I have a pair.  They're honestly nicely made and really comfy, but they're friggin' huge.  True to size length wise, but there is so much space in the shoe that I can't wear them without cinchin' 'em down to a degree that defeats the purpose of wearing a retro-inspired shoe, so they're just floppy chillers for me.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27886 on: May 20, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »
really? sole tech seem to run tts for me in length but are usually a tad thin so maybe they'll be the perfect combo? Just waiting for the evertstitch version!

#SLAPsnewhero

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #27887 on: May 21, 2018, 08:57:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a pair.  They're honestly nicely made and really comfy, but they're friggin' huge.  True to size length wise, but there is so much space in the shoe that I can't wear them without cinchin' 'em down to a degree that defeats the purpose of wearing a retro-inspired shoe, so they're just floppy chillers for me.

sounds like you got narrow ass feet hahaha, do you fit well in ctas or other cons? cause es and other shoes with wide toe boxes fit me great but I can't make any size of cons fit me well at all with my wide ass feet

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27888 on: May 21, 2018, 01:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sounds like you got narrow ass feet hahaha, do you fit well in ctas or other cons? cause es and other shoes with wide toe boxes fit me great but I can't make any size of cons fit me well at all with my wide ass feet

Not super narrow at the forefoot, but my ankles are skinny and my instep (top of the foot) is low.  I can wear CTAS (a full size smaller than what I measure) but they’re not really my speed for something to skate in.  But yeah, the extra room I’m describing in the Swift 1.5 is all in the ankle/top of the foot zone.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #27889 on: May 21, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »
Adidas Adi Ease Premiere
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27890 on: May 21, 2018, 09:16:50 PM »
really? sole tech seem to run tts for me in length but are usually a tad thin so maybe they'll be the perfect combo? Just waiting for the evertstitch version!

#SLAPsnewhero
is that a new pair or the one you had a while back?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27891 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »
is that a new pair or the one you had a while back?
got them on rotation with a few other pairs of shoes so defs the former!
I'm a broken record (I know) but believe me when I say they are bulletproof!

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27892 on: May 21, 2018, 11:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Not super narrow at the forefoot, but my ankles are skinny and my instep (top of the foot) is low.  I can wear CTAS (a full size smaller than what I measure) but they’re not really my speed for something to skate in.  But yeah, the extra room I’m describing in the Swift 1.5 is all in the ankle/top of the foot zone.
'
I had the opposite experience with them. True to size for me.
I have an oddly shaped boney foot, wide across the forefoot and toes with very narrow ankles and achilles.
Most every shoe I buy I have some heel slip in, but with the Swift 1.5 they fit comfortably snug on my feet with no heel slip issues while breaking them in (which didn't take long). I usually like skipping the last lace eylet and I never felt like I had to lace them all the way up to the top to feel secure.
On the contrary, I bought a pair of Accel Slims at the same time and skated them before the Swift 1.5. That shoe has a lot of weird negative space on my foot. Accel Slims I definitely had to lace all the way up and crank them down tight.

Also, the sole on the Swift is amazing for a cupsole. Supply grippy.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #27893 on: May 22, 2018, 03:27:13 AM »
Just got these today, whats with soletech putting shitty insoles into shoes  ???

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27894 on: May 22, 2018, 05:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
'
I had the opposite experience with them. True to size for me.
I have an oddly shaped boney foot, wide across the forefoot and toes with very narrow ankles and achilles.
Most every shoe I buy I have some heel slip in, but with the Swift 1.5 they fit comfortably snug on my feet with no heel slip issues while breaking them in (which didn't take long). I usually like skipping the last lace eylet and I never felt like I had to lace them all the way up to the top to feel secure.
On the contrary, I bought a pair of Accel Slims at the same time and skated them before the Swift 1.5. That shoe has a lot of weird negative space on my foot. Accel Slims I definitely had to lace all the way up and crank them down tight.

Also, the sole on the Swift is amazing for a cupsole. Supply grippy.

Feet are weird, eh?

ogbawtawd

« Reply #27895 on: May 23, 2018, 03:25:39 AM »
These motherfuckin things, lol

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27896 on: May 23, 2018, 11:16:42 AM »

Just picked up some of these for when I'm feeling lazy.

hey pickle

« Reply #27897 on: May 23, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »

ogbawtawd

« Reply #27898 on: May 23, 2018, 01:06:58 PM »
god dammit

ungzilla

« Reply #27899 on: May 23, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
i can finally say it to your face... i hated your part in genesis