Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524869 times)

El Chupacabra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27900 on: May 23, 2018, 07:56:04 PM »

Thin tongued sb dunks from back in the good ol' days.

Sandboxcop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #27901 on: May 24, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Was having something of a gear crisis with all of my shoes and just not really being psyched on any of them, so I went with something completely different for me. I was kinda tripping on the rubber insole, but after walking around the shop in 'em for a minute I started to really like them. Only got to do a couple laps around the park cuz I was tired after work, so they're not broken in yet but I have high hopes.

[close]
by far the best shoe they make, solid choice

Could not agree more, I have 2 more pairs of them for when my first pair bites the dust. Not happening anytime soon though, a little shoe goo on the flick area and they are as good as day 1.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #27902 on: May 25, 2018, 07:48:31 AM »

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #27903 on: May 25, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
has anyone skated the converse converse el distrito?
even the steven

hey pickle

« Reply #27904 on: May 25, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »

probably mentioned elsewhere but ive not seen - whats the sizing like in these? tts? im a us11 in vans authentics/us11.5 in most nikes for reference

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #27905 on: May 25, 2018, 12:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote
3st.001
[close]

probably mentioned elsewhere but ive not seen - whats the sizing like in these? tts? im a us11 in vans authentics/us11.5 in most nikes for reference

If you like your shoes snug, and don't plan on changing the insole - I'd go with 11.

If you like to have toe room, or plan on putting a slightly thicker insole, I'd go 11.5.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #27906 on: May 28, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »

those are great. my favorite shoe ive skated were the thin tongued dunk lows from ~'09. wish they kept them like that.

just saw these on ebay in my size............ they are so ugly but.....

looking at URL's and thinking they could make a come back now tbh
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:12:36 PM by yourfuckingdad »

the kook

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27907 on: May 29, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
skating some reynolds right now, soles just got a hole, and the shoe goo is holding my flickfoot together. just bought some matchcourt slips in all white. haven't had all white shoes since i was a kid.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #27908 on: May 29, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

those are great. my favorite shoe ive skated were the thin tongued dunk lows from ~'09. wish they kept them like that.

just saw these on ebay in my size............ they are so ugly but.....

looking at URL's and thinking they could make a come back now tbh

I fuck with these heavy. They look ugly there but probably dope on feet, old school basketball shoe shit.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #27909 on: May 29, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »
looks like skateable Lugz.  must wear with extra long faded jean shorts.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #27910 on: May 29, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was having something of a gear crisis with all of my shoes and just not really being psyched on any of them, so I went with something completely different for me. I was kinda tripping on the rubber insole, but after walking around the shop in 'em for a minute I started to really like them. Only got to do a couple laps around the park cuz I was tired after work, so they're not broken in yet but I have high hopes.

[close]
[close]

Could not agree more, I have 2 more pairs of them for when my first pair bites the dust. Not happening anytime soon though, a little shoe goo on the flick area and they are as good as day 1.

I've been skating them pretty hard since I got them (which at this point is almost a month) and the only real wear is the seam on that flick area. It's starting to go up the toe a bit, but I just shoe goo'd the main area and they're fine. The sole is still like new, which is a big deal for me when it comes to shoes.

goatgruff13

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27911 on: May 29, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
swift 1.5 just brings back so many good memories with its design
[close]
I have a pair.  They're honestly nicely made and really comfy, but they're friggin' huge.  True to size length wise, but there is so much space in the shoe that I can't wear them without cinchin' 'em down to a degree that defeats the purpose of wearing a retro-inspired shoe, so they're just floppy chillers for me.
[close]

sounds like you got narrow ass feet hahaha, do you fit well in ctas or other cons? cause es and other shoes with wide toe boxes fit me great but I can't make any size of cons fit me well at all with my wide ass feet
[close]

Not super narrow at the forefoot, but my ankles are skinny and my instep (top of the foot) is low.  I can wear CTAS (a full size smaller than what I measure) but they’re not really my speed for something to skate in.  But yeah, the extra room I’m describing in the Swift 1.5 is all in the ankle/top of the foot zone.
[close]
'
I had the opposite experience with them. True to size for me.
I have an oddly shaped boney foot, wide across the forefoot and toes with very narrow ankles and achilles.
Most every shoe I buy I have some heel slip in, but with the Swift 1.5 they fit comfortably snug on my feet with no heel slip issues while breaking them in (which didn't take long). I usually like skipping the last lace eylet and I never felt like I had to lace them all the way up to the top to feel secure.
On the contrary, I bought a pair of Accel Slims at the same time and skated them before the Swift 1.5. That shoe has a lot of weird negative space on my foot. Accel Slims I definitely had to lace all the way up and crank them down tight.

Also, the sole on the Swift is amazing for a cupsole. Supply grippy.

Them Swift 1.5s came in the mail today! Size 13 fit perfect! They are super comfortable and look and feel really well made. I've only had a chance to skate them for like 10 minutes so far,  but I'm about to go out in a few minutes. I can tell I'm going to have to get used to the subtle difference in board feel, but it's not bad at all. They fit better and are a billion times more comfortable than my Vans. The gusseted spandex tongue is super nice, keeps everything nice and snug and in place. They are lighter than my Vans also! I was surprised by the lightness. I'm pretty stoked on these shoes with my initial impressions. I'll be sure to let you all know how they hold up!

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #27912 on: May 30, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I've been skating them pretty hard since I got them (which at this point is almost a month) and the only real wear is the seam on that flick area. It's starting to go up the toe a bit, but I just shoe goo'd the main area and they're fine. The sole is still like new, which is a big deal for me when it comes to shoes.

I love these shoes but I really wish the insole had a little cloth over the rubber

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #27913 on: May 30, 2018, 10:12:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I love these shoes but I really wish the insole had a little cloth over the rubber

I’ve spent some time working in the ski/snowboard industry and this product comes to mind.  It’s an adhesive thin piece of fabric that goes over ski boot heaters.  Trim to fit.  May or may not stick to that Adiprene shit, but might be worth a try for 10 bucks.

https://www.evo.com/boot-heaters/hotronic-cambrelle-covers-strips-pair?image=74760/434433/hotronic-cambrelle-covers-strips-pair-black-top.jpg&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=GSC_Snowsports_Accessories&pt_adgroup=PLA_Snowsports_Accessories&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ceP_pav2wIVAcpkCh3VfAv6EAQYAyABEgIyh_D_BwE

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #27914 on: May 31, 2018, 03:56:25 AM »

waiter-skater edition, comfortable so far
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:59:08 AM by Mcidraque »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #27915 on: May 31, 2018, 07:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was definitely tripping on the insole a bit in the shop, but I’ve found them to be great. It definitely took me a couple days to really get used to it, but tbh I kinda forgot that there WASN’T anything over the rubber on them.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #27916 on: May 31, 2018, 07:34:00 AM »

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #27917 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »

Greenish grey, canvas Chuck taylors

And purple burgundy leather  Vans chukka boot decons..

I love  flimsy vulc midtops, flexible yet gives you little bit of angle protection. Also stoked to have some color on my feet. Basically only skated all white or all black colorways for 4 years..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 01:50:27 PM by Mystical Leader »

ballintoohard

« Reply #27918 on: May 31, 2018, 02:29:29 PM »
any opinions on City Cups? Chasing board feel over cushion, love my GX1000 cons..

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #27919 on: May 31, 2018, 06:34:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Plus I'm old, and the es Swift 1.5s just sort of remind of the es's Burnquist and Muska and such used to wear. So it triggers that nostalgia factor for me lol.
[close]
Always wanted the Burnquist 2's but could never get my hand on them. So rad.
An eS collector was selling a mint pair on eBay for like $60-$70 back in 2014 but I didn't buy them because I couldn't imagine when I would wear them. I bought some of his other eS's though. I saved these pics of them because I thought they looked interesting https://imgur.com/a/quxNgkv

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #27920 on: June 01, 2018, 07:01:58 AM »

Lots of clips have been making me want to pick up a new pair of these. Luckily found a pair in my size on sale in a color that wasn't ridiculous. Love the way these skate. I have spent all my free/skate time moving over the past month and I am now finally in and out of the old place, so hopefully it dries up and I can skate these today.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BinSGV3H1u6/?taken-by=scoochyj

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27921 on: June 02, 2018, 04:14:49 PM »
any opinions on City Cups? Chasing board feel over cushion, love my GX1000 cons..

I got some not too long ago and have skated them a number of times. they look dope and the sole is great, but they're a few features away from being goto shoes in my opinion.

No tongue straps so the tongue tucks into the side of the shoe, laces rip quickly, and there's a panel seam right in the ollie hole area. I also went half a size down since they fit kind of big, but when you get the fit right they do feel nice. Insole is basic eva but the midsole construction makes it sufficient for medium impacts. Worth a try if you love the look of them but they do have their flaws. Some shoe goo, hairtie tongue straps, and a thin but better quality insole is what you'll need to make em last and perform their best.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #27922 on: June 02, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
I'm currently skating some basic black/white eS Accel Slim Mids (got 2 pairs for $60) and probably will continue to do so for the rest of the summer since it's already hot af where I live. I've been using a hairtie to keep the tongue centered and a FP custom orthotic to give them some actual cushioning and they serve me will enough. Toe shape and the mid cut are perfect though. I skated them last summer so i know they'll last a while too, just gotta replace the laces every now and them. Gonna try to use one of those thicker Dr. Scholls athletic insoles with the shank plate because the thin sole makes those primo catches hurt like hell. Overall though Ive been really wanting to skate a mid and these last a while and can be bought for cheap, so I can't complain

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27923 on: June 02, 2018, 11:18:15 PM »
Anyone got a remedy for heel wear, my right foot is a tad smaller than my left and no matter how hard I lace there’s a wear through to the plastic heel cup, makes pushing a pain after a while

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #27924 on: June 03, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
they was on sale so fucc it

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #27925 on: June 03, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
Anyone got a remedy for heel wear, my right foot is a tad smaller than my left and no matter how hard I lace there’s a wear through to the plastic heel cup, makes pushing a pain after a while

interesting. do you have leg length discrepancy too? you can always try some loose EVA heel lifts but that might mess
with your boardfeel. (sorry, I work as a tech in an orthotics lab)

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27926 on: June 03, 2018, 04:43:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

interesting. do you have leg length discrepancy too? you can always try some loose EVA heel lifts but that might mess

not that i've noticed, i just used one of those foot measure machines in a shoe store a few years back and the guy noted the difference, its a 1/4 cm

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #27927 on: June 03, 2018, 06:25:17 PM »
they was on sale so fucc it

tnt sg's are bomb

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #27928 on: June 04, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

not that i've noticed, i just used one of those foot measure machines in a shoe store a few years back and the guy noted the difference, its a 1/4 cm
try these babies

https://www.amazon.com/Suede-Adhesive-Insoles-Insert-Footcare/dp/B00DGX8GKO
edit: not this particular product per se (shit reviews by the looks of it) but you get the point

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #27929 on: June 04, 2018, 08:36:32 PM »
Thanks man, yeah i looked something similar to these up last night, i might go past a pharmacy on the weekend and see whats the go